Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Quantum incarnation, destruction of the timebound entity and its collective resonance (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=135065)

Dawn_is_a_play 28-04-2020 07:21 AM

Quantum incarnation, destruction of the timebound entity and its collective resonance

What is the human mind?

A repository that holds within itself experience. Experience that is fragmentary in its basic nature. Time and matter are the elements of fragmentation. Human experience (personal and collective)give rise to forms(fixation with boundaries)! A collection of several experiences give rise to knowledge. The fusion of knowledge give rise to imaginary perimeters. This perimeter we call "memory"(to recall or trace back the repository). The function is to store and sort through and expand its perimeter. Time is the very basis for its operation. The outcome of this operation is "thinking". The thinking mind or the human mind is impermanent! It depends on the continuation of the real world! The "unknowable" ground!

When time ends, the repository action(thoughts) ends. When thought ends, the thinker is not! The separation between thoughts and thinker is no more and thus the play of this operation ceases to be!

The dominion of thoughts upon the very center of the brain is completely dissolved. When the center is dissolved, the sensory apparatus is free to perceive the world as it is "happening".

This happening is "reality"(in motion). All the world moves in unison(the connectivity is so subtle)! This is impermanent too!! All sensations arise out of nothing and returns to nothing! Let us call it the source! The sensory fields arise from it and dissolve(in an instant or fade out gradually) into this.
The source is unknowable and unsensable!

Is there an awareness beyond the mediums at play!? Or the enchantment fixated, hence fluctuating within these mediums!

To enter and unify with the source means complete awareness during sleep and wakefulness and thus the mediums become a play! There is nothing that enters the source! Only there is this quality which is not dependent on the human and natural world. But,

There is this returning, a second arrival back into the earthy and the artificial medium! Only the enchantment lost its potency to decieve! Only the truth is bright leading the journey through the playful realms (lower and higher) back to its complete effulgence!!

Attention:

{Words are reflections of the spirit. Language has no existence beyond the material planes. This is but a mere primer to the "actuality" that goes on in the spiritual realm and their involvement in the material planes.
The incarnations are very subtle to capture! The spirit cascades into the material realms at a momentum much faster than the speed of photon/or any elementary particle.}

Rah nam 28-04-2020 10:52 AM

Very impressive

Lorelyen 28-04-2020 08:26 PM

It sounds good but doesn't make too much sense to me. Too many factoids and assumptions presented as if established facts.

You'd have a problem demonstrating "All sensations arise out of nothing and returns to nothing! Let us call it the source! The sensory fields arise from it and dissolve(in an instant or fade out gradually) into this." So the source is nothing? Ok....

What did you mean by quantum incarnation?

Much of it comes across as "what if" ramblings but if you believe solipsism I respect your views - they are perfectly valid for you. I can't personally agree that your proposition describes or defines the human mind. Perhaps there's more but you felt you had to bound your post to a readable amount.

Coming from the neuroscience angle my views are a tad different. Still interested though. Always a chance of reconciliation.

Dawn_is_a_play 29-04-2020 08:02 AM

@ Lorelyen

Thank you for speaking out your mind.
I appreciate the honesty.

Firstly, let me make clear, the meaning of the word used to point out. I meant nothing in terms of that which is “not a thing”. Things are classified into animate and inanimate objects. A human, a creature, a tree, the mountain, the earth, the moon, the sun, the planets, the stars etc. All things exist within a certain boundary.
Now, is this boundary “actual”?

I apologise if you felt that I am talking “at” you.
I would like to listen, learn and if possible talk “with” you.
(I shall let go of my opinions and judgements about what I think to be true)

What is the neuroscience perspective? I am much interested to listen to your views and learn.

What I know from reading: (which i am ready to let go) is that,

The CNS and PNS together is called the nervous system. The nervous system is made up of the nervous tissue and it is defined by the presence of glial cells and neurons.

The glial cells insulate, surround and hold the neurons. They supply nutrients and oxygen, destroy pathogens and remove the dead neurons.
The neurons are made up of soma, dendrites, and a single axon.

The connection between neurons form pathways, circuits and large networks. This inturn generate the "organism's perception and it's behaviour".

So the neurons and glial cells are the basis for any multicellular organism to perceive "the environment" and also respond with behaviour.

Where do these neurons and glial cells come from?
Biology states that,
They come from an undifferentiated cell or simply a "cell". It is the basis for the structural, functional and biological unit of living organism. The smallest unit.

Where do the cells come from?
From an embryo! Each embryo starts its developmental stage as a zygote. A zygote is the fusion of egg cell(female) and sperm cell(male).

Invoking molecular biology: we know that egg cells and sperm cells

Consist of genetic material, the chromosome. It is a molecule.

Molecules consist of atoms. Atoms consists of a nucleus and one or more electrons. The nucleus is made up of subatomic particles like nuetrons and protons. Even further deep are the photons which have zero particle mass and behaves both as wave and particle at the same time!!!

Where does light/photons come from?

Perhaps(it does not mean one is uncertain, but of a quality of humility) all arise out of this nothingness. Which is not a thing. And that could actually be you, me, everyone and everything in unison. This nothingness could be pure energy.

This energy is silent, still and empty of matter. But it surrounds every thought, every feel, every emotion. It surrounds that which thinks to be you and me, everything that is here on earth. It is before and after every sound. It pervades the entire universe!!!

This "not a thing" is wholesome! Without any boundary, limitation. And that which has no beginning or ending is the origin!

Isn't it so!?

{Don't take my word for it. Don't belive me! See it for yourself. Words are pointers, they cannot convey that which is absolute!

"Language is repetition;
It is not a necessity only a convenience"

}

BigJohn 29-04-2020 08:16 AM

Refreshing thought......

Lorelyen 29-04-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn_is_a_play
@ Lorelyen

Thank you for speaking out your mind.
I appreciate the honesty.

Firstly, let me make clear, the meaning of the word used to point out. I meant nothing in terms of that which is “not a thing”. Things are classified into animate and inanimate objects. A human, a creature, a tree, the mountain, the earth, the moon, the sun, the planets, the stars etc. All things exist within a certain boundary.
Now, is this boundary “actual”?

I apologise if you felt that I am talking “at” you.
I would like to listen, learn and if possible talk “with” you.
(I shall let go of my opinions and judgements about what I think to be true)

Really no need....

Quote:

What is the neuroscience perspective? I am much interested to listen to your views and learn.
Well, I'm only an armchair neuroscientist!

Thank you for your response.

Yes, that’s the gist of it. It’s too big a subject to expand here though. I mean, books have been written about it (hugely priced and go out of date far too quickly). Every question that’s answered, everything explained, just presents more questions. People know a lot about brain anatomy and how neurons basically work but our understanding of the processes like consciousness and thinking are still poorly understood which is why I’m sceptical but not dismissive of spiritual (as in non-physical) “phenomena” (putting that in quotes though much may be noumena). Where the stuff of dreams comes from is still a mystery, things that have never been experienced in the wakeful state….somehow this stuff “arrives”. It may be synthesised through the imagination but even that, imagination, we don’t understand.

Looking at the interface with the “outside” (the external particles and waves that end up through our perceptions as reality), sense receptor processing acts both through the autonomous system and the CNS through the usual thalamus/hippocampus route once it’s passed through the pre-conscious defense actions, amygdala/hypothalamus. But the processing that leads to “experiencing” or even choosing whether to bother with the stimuli or not, doesn’t seem well understood. If choosing yes it has to be compared with and integrated with previous experiences involving memory (probably of a far wider field than the topic of the experience itself), other parts of the limbic and plasticity. If choosing no, do the stimuli linger only in STM as we move on? Since as physical people we’re individuals no generalisation can be made about what brain functions are entailed.

It’s data processing to me. Though the processing may be similar the data aren’t. Then, when I read here about expanding awareness I wonder if the commenters means being more selective about experiencing – or less by taking in more in a more general way – or pondering deeper on the implications of what’s been experienced. Which leads into other branches: thinking; imagination; the plunging into our Mysteries through psychedelic action – and on and on… And we still haven’t got into where that elusive dream material comes from; or inventiveness; creativity… I mean, where do my symphonies come from (figuratively of course).

I doubt whether we’ll ever know how we individually perceive the reality we do, so we’ll have to rely on the more simplistic mystical explanations! I nonetheless believe that much spirituality (by which I mean how we live our lives) will be found under the neuroendocrine umbrella one day. Not all but more than we know now.

A most interesting, fascinating subject.

neil 29-04-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Really no need....

Yes, that’s the gist of it. It’s too big a subject to expand here though. I mean, books have been written about it (hugely priced and go out of date far too quickly). Every question that’s answered, everything explained, just presents more questions. People know a lot about brain anatomy and how neurons basically work but our understanding of the processes like consciousness and thinking are still poorly understood which is why I’m sceptical but not dismissive of spiritual (as in non-physical) “phenomena” (putting that in quotes though much may be noumena). Where the stuff of dreams comes from is still a mystery, things that have never been experienced in the wakeful state….somehow this stuff “arrives”. It may be synthesised through the imagination but even that, imagination, we don’t understand.

Looking at the interface with the “outside” (the external particles and waves that end up through our perceptions as reality), sense receptor processing acts both through the autonomous system and the CNS through the usual thalamus/hippocampus route once it’s passed through the pre-conscious defense actions, amygdala/hypothalamus. But the processing that leads to “experiencing” or even choosing whether to bother with the stimuli or not, doesn’t seem well understood. If choosing yes it has to be compared with and integrated with previous experiences involving memory (probably of a far wider field than the topic of the experience itself), other parts of the limbic and plasticity. If choosing no, do the stimuli linger only in STM as we move on? Since as physical people we’re individuals no generalisation can be made about what brain functions are entailed.

It’s data processing to me. Though the processing may be similar the data aren’t. Then, when I read here about expanding awareness I wonder if the commenters means being more selective about experiencing – or less by taking in more in a more general way – or pondering deeper on the implications of what’s been experienced. Which leads into other branches: thinking; imagination; the plunging into our Mysteries through psychedelic action – and on and on… And we still haven’t got into where that elusive dream material comes from; or inventiveness; creativity… I mean, where do my symphonies come from (figuratively of course).

I doubt whether we’ll ever know how we individually perceive the reality we do, so we’ll have to rely on the more simplistic mystical explanations! I nonetheless believe that much spirituality (by which I mean how we live our lives) will be found under the neuroendocrine umbrella one day. Not all but more than we know now.

For myself, after seeing spiritual beings, whilst i am standing in an awake state of being. I realize that we Earthlings are not Human beings in any way shape or form.

We are spiritual beings, exactly the same as spiritual beings who are without the flesh, in every sence.

Spiritual beings have thoughts, emotions & they respond to their thoughts & emotions. Their thoughts & emotions do not originate from within the spiritual body, their thoughts & emotions originate within their spiritual 'SOUL'self. & their response to their own thoughts & emotions are evident, as their spiritual body reacts to their own thoughts & emotions.

Their spiritual body is a non sentient & non aware part of their being. A thing that is nessesary for them to interact face to face with other spiritual beings & the environment that they exist in.

And we Earthlings are the same. We are not Human beings, we are spiritual beings connected to a non Sentient & non aware Organic earthly flesh body.

& our sentient thoughts & emotions originate from within the spiritual Soul'self. & our response in the form of a thought is instantly recieved within the brain, & the brain transforms/processes the thought which becomes an electrical/chemical message which the flesh body utilizes so that the flesh body can have interactions with this planet & others.

It is so evident to myself, because i am fortunate enough to see spiritual beings in a conscious awake state of being. I see & hear them.

In my mind everything of the brain & bodily sences AND the spiritual body, are irrelevant in regards to consciousness. Because consciousness does not originate within the brain nor the spiritual body.

Dawn_is_a_play 30-04-2020 05:30 AM

Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy.

Quote:

Really no need....

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

I can see that you really want to know about the workings of the human mind!

You have worked yourself with reading literature on a plethora of subjects from neuroscience, spirituality etc.. Thereby with this knowledge create a lens through which you try to understand what is going on with “you”.

Simply put, you want to know who you “are”!?

Books, people, give you explanations.
You could have experienced psychedelics(but it fades away like any dream).
You could have carefully thought out/or casually thought out explanations, perhaps tried meditation, contemplation, to understand who you “are”.

You feel that the simplistic mystical explanations are safe to hold on to and you rely on them. But deep down you are not satisfied. You feel that whatever you know is incomplete. Being incomplete you look to the future, hoping for completion, wholeness and an end to this uncertainty!
Until then, you go where the streams take you. And now it has brought you here, to this moment…
There is no need for one to say anything...
It’s your life. You will continue dreaming to be physical or spiritual , to be uncertain, to be seeking and to be knowing.

Gem 30-04-2020 07:06 AM

Best thread title eva

Lorelyen 30-04-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil
For myself, after seeing spiritual beings, whilst i am standing in an awake state of being. I realize that we Earthlings are not Human beings in any way shape or form.

Label them as you like. In ecological terms (since they rely on the ecology for subsistence/sustenance) I call them "just other entities in the ecological culture dish" (unless of course you're saying that they don't eat physical food or dress in physical clothes, or don't have bodily coitus to reproduce, etc.).

Quote:

In my mind everything of the brain & bodily sences AND the spiritual body, are irrelevant in regards to consciousness. Because consciousness does not originate within the brain nor the spiritual body.
Good luck with that one! (I had a recent discussion with someone elsewhere in the forum about just this subject and it brought the topic to a halt. So best not to elaborate here). Except to ask...where do you think individual consciousness comes from? And please show some tangible evidence.

Thanks.

Lorelyen 30-04-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.

I can see that you really want to know about the workings of the human mind!

You have worked yourself with reading literature on a plethora of subjects from neuroscience, spirituality etc.. Thereby with this knowledge create a lens through which you try to understand what is going on with “you”.

Simply put, you want to know who you “are”!?

Books, people, give you explanations.
You could have experienced psychedelics(but it fades away like any dream).
You could have carefully thought out/or casually thought out explanations, perhaps tried meditation, contemplation, to understand who you “are”.

You feel that the simplistic mystical explanations are safe to hold on to and you rely on them. But deep down you are not satisfied. You feel that whatever you know is incomplete. Being incomplete you look to the future, hoping for completion, wholeness and an end to this uncertainty!
Until then, you go where the streams take you. And now it has brought you here, to this moment…
There is no need for one to say anything...
It’s your life. You will continue dreaming to be physical or spiritual , to be uncertain, to be seeking and to be knowing.

I'll put you in the picture as succinctly as I can. Although I took an interest in the nervous and endocrine systems though biology lessons at school I returned recently to "amateur" neuroscience in the hope of debunking a lot of what seemed to be fake spirituality - mainly from observing how many (clearly) vulnerable people here were conned by spiritual snake oil on the web...Twin flame matchmakers at $400 per throw. Purleeeze!
Through family influences I was also fascinated with "systems" (as a theoretical and practical subject) as it pertained to the ecology of which we're a part so some interest in neuroendocrinology seemed inevitable.

It isn't that "I want to know who I am," as much as (like most seekers) knowing I was the product of social conditioning, expectations, suppression and so on. In short I wasn't driving my own life, amplified by an education in semiotics and a brief pass through marketing, the tactics of which utterly depend on people not knowing themselves at all. That wasn't going to be me. No books entailed. It evolved more by doing than reading. On meeting certain people through my family I learned a few techniques, could be classed as spiritual (well tried, centuries old) to declutter myself of illusion and delusion. With progress I assumed command of my own life and felt far more at ease with the refinements. I could pay lip service to the system of things while being independent of it.

I think the spiritual aims of many are about finding out who one is supposed to be and achieving that as one reaches the end of ones days here.

But, like I say, my spirituality is my life and vice versa. I maintain an interest in the non-physical as being a part of that. A mix of Hermeticism and Vodou gnosticism; maybe touches of Shinto, that's where it's at.

Rah nam 01-05-2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

In my mind everything of the brain & bodily senses AND the spiritual body, are irrelevant in regards to consciousness. Because consciousness does not originate within the brain nor the spiritual body.

Very accurate, but either we know it or we don't.

Dawn_is_a_play 01-05-2020 05:51 AM

Thank you for playing :)))

Quote:

I'll put you in the picture as succinctly as I can. Although I took an interest in the nervous and endocrine systems though biology lessons at school I returned recently to "amateur" neuroscience in the hope of debunking a lot of what seemed to be fake spirituality - mainly from observing how many (clearly) vulnerable people here were conned by spiritual snake oil on the web...Twin flame matchmakers at $400 per throw. Purleeeze!
Through family influences I was also fascinated with "systems" (as a theoretical and practical subject) as it pertained to the ecology of which we're a part so some interest in neuroendocrinology seemed inevitable.

It isn't that "I want to know who I am," as much as (like most seekers) knowing I was the product of social conditioning, expectations, suppression and so on. In short I wasn't driving my own life, amplified by an education in semiotics and a brief pass through marketing, the tactics of which utterly depend on people not knowing themselves at all. That wasn't going to be me. No books entailed. It evolved more by doing than reading. On meeting certain people through my family I learned a few techniques, could be classed as spiritual (well tried, centuries old) to declutter myself of illusion and delusion. With progress I assumed command of my own life and felt far more at ease with the refinements. I could pay lip service to the system of things while being independent of it.

I think the spiritual aims of many are about finding out who one is supposed to be and achieving that as one reaches the end of ones days here.

But, like I say, my spirituality is my life and vice versa. I maintain an interest in the non-physical as being a part of that. A mix of Hermeticism and Vodou gnosticism; maybe touches of Shinto, that's where it's at.

{One is aware of this static/psuedo spirituality that wriggles around with appauling vanity, it only chatters, postpones activity - "As processions passing in the road cannot achieve anything themselves yet still obstruct others, so these men merely process through the universe, led by the pleasures of the body"}.

A whisk of air carry the flame and brighten the skies; A droplet holding the earth safe in its dark!

I see you now!!! Ah. This is what you mean when you speak about yourself “being" spiritual(doing the spirit).

“O son, how many bodies have we to pass through, how many bands of demons, through how many series of repetitions and cycles of the stars, before we hasten to the One alone?”

Simply put - to uncover “the one” , by focussing energy unto, to balance(push away or pull into – churning) the Kami/Ioa. Removing illusion, allowing light, ascend in time towards the origin.

{It Certainly begins with the fall!
Hence double ,
Sing, dance, cry and laugh
Direct energies
Attain the lost
Rise to the heavens
Govern destiny
Experience the split &
Emerge beyond
Follow the will &
Uncover the One}.

I m glad that there is no need for reconciliation because there has been no separation. If it was, if it is, if it will be – it was, is and will be but a play to uncover that which is hidden from plain sight.

neil 01-05-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
Very accurate, but either we know it or we don't.

Smiles...
Rah nam, in saying this below that I have quoted, what is it that you are saying. It seems to me that you are suggesting that it is mostly not a known amongst Earthlings.

Quote..."But either we know it or we don't"..Unquote.

neil 01-05-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Label them as you like. In ecological terms (since they rely on the ecology for subsistence/sustenance) I call them "just other entities in the ecological culture dish" (unless of course you're saying that they don't eat physical food or dress in physical clothes, or don't have bodily coitus to reproduce, etc.).

Good luck with that one! (I had a recent discussion with someone elsewhere in the forum about just this subject and it brought the topic to a halt. So best not to elaborate here). Except to ask...where do you think individual consciousness comes from? And please show some tangible evidence.

Thanks.

As i said, individual consciousness comes "originates" from within the spiritual Soul'self ie:- US.

And Lorelyen, you want me to give you some tangible evidence.
Of course I can not give you any evidence. And yet no scientist of the Earth could give you evidence that it does not originate from within the spiritual Soul'self.
Though, i literally have had years of, & still do have, phenomenal moment by moment experiences that gives me good reason to understand that it originates from within the spiritual Soul'self.

A person could investigate what happens when a person effects an out of body experience.

In the instant that an OBE is effected, the brain literally becomes unconscious..."UNCONSCIOUS".
Because all consciousness is out of & away from the body.
because consciousness is of the spiritual Soul'self, & the spiritual Soul'self, is what is "out of body" during an OBE.

Oh & Ps..Go ahead & elaborate as much as you would like.

Lorelyen 01-05-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

As i said, individual consciousness comes "originates" from within the spiritual Soul'self ie:- US.

Oh & Ps..Go ahead & elaborate as much as you would like.

No need. However you like to label "things" the best evidence we have is that consciousness is a brain process. We know where things happen but not a lot about why they happen like they do. It doesn't stop people believing differently if they want as long as they know they'll have difficulty validating their notions. Not impossible always, just difficult.

Advances are made daily which is why I grumble about the price of keeping up to date even were time permitting.

It's how it is. If you want to dress it up in conventional "spiritual" terms, fine.

Lorelyen 01-05-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

{One is aware of this static/psuedo spirituality that wriggles around with appauling vanity, it only chatters, postpones activity - "As processions passing in the road cannot achieve anything themselves yet still obstruct others, so these men merely process through the universe, led by the pleasures of the body"}.

You'd make a poet, I'll give you that.
Lucky you have words to play with, aren't you?

Me? I'm perfect...apart from the conceit.

:laugh:

Dawn_is_a_play 01-05-2020 10:06 AM

Quote:

You'd make a poet, I'll give you that.
Lucky you have words to play with, aren't you?

Me? I'm perfect...apart from the conceit.

:laugh:

It's a reference from Hermetic literature, is all.
The English language befriended me when I was dreaming a boy.

"As processions passing in the road cannot achieve anything themselves yet still obstruct others, so these men merely process through the universe, led by the pleasures of the body." - The Way of Hermes p.32, 33

neil 01-05-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

No need. However you like to label "things" the best evidence we have is that consciousness is a brain process. We know where things happen but not a lot about why they happen like they do. It doesn't stop people believing differently if they want as long as they know they'll have difficulty validating their notions. Not impossible always, just difficult.

Advances are made daily which is why I grumble about the price of keeping up to date even were time permitting.

It's how it is. If you want to dress it up in conventional "spiritual" terms, fine.

We live in a spiritual universe, not a physical universe. Galaxies & their contents Earthlings as well, all exist within the spiritual universe.

does a scientist understand that...no. do they understand that the earthly organic body/brain system is non sentient & non aware & non conscious...no.

Why, because they have not grasped, that there is more than the physical. Why, because they have not had experiences of the spiritual. Where as many untold spiritual & non spiritual minded persons have.

And i will trust my phenomenal spiritual experiences, over any beliefs of any scientist, that has not experienced anything of the spiritual.

In my first post, i was only giving anyone interested, another idea, an idea that conscious is not of the physical.
Though it did not seem to pique the interest of any enquiring minds...oh well not to worry.

Lorelyen 01-05-2020 12:35 PM

Well, I won't get into another deep discussion as happened in another section recently and - as with these matters - ended inconclusively - two somewhat polar viewpoints entrenched. But some of what you say simply isn't "true" (using the word colloquially). Then this is my last call on this thread (unless you come up with false information!)

Quote:

does a scientist understand that...no. do they understand that the earthly organic body/brain system is non sentient & non aware & non conscious...no.

Of course they understand that the brain as a (dead) anatomical structure is non sentient and non aware! But we've moved on a bit since. As a living machine it's concerned with processing that leads to consciousness. Sure, we don't yet know the full story but we're getting there.
Hardly different from a computer switched off. It's dead, it isn't helping to run a business - but switch it on, apply inputs and the business comes alive.

We're well aware of the routes external stimuli take (the waves and particles impinging on our sense receptors) and how they're dealt with even before they becomes "conscious" but once it gets past the amygdala it becomes conscious and is stored in various ways.

Call that spiritual if you like (I'm inclined to anyway) but in practice, the act of you being what's commonly called "alive" and processing your way through your days, the processes are there in your brain. Otherwise, where else might they be? Ones hands? Ones stomach? What keeps you in homeostasis while you ponder these things? So unless you are truly a spirit with no material substance whatever (so you don't eat earthly food, sleep earthly sleep, communicate via voice, pen or keyboard in an established language etc) you have a body that will include a brain in terms of which science has observed - unless I'm a solipsist and imagining it all as the only consciousness in what's commonly called the universe.

Quote:

Why, because they have not grasped, that there is more than the physical. Why, because they have not had experiences of the spiritual. Where as many untold spiritual & non spiritual minded persons have.
Not at all. That's why it's still searching. It knows it hasn't all the answers. And the opposite is as valid: many untold spiritual and non spiritual minded persons have not made a meaningful enquiry into science and what it's about. They've simply denied it, shut it out because it might just kill a few sacred cows.

Quote:

And i will trust my phenomenal spiritual experiences, over any beliefs of any scientist, that has not experienced anything of the spiritual.
. Well, your spiritual experiences can't be classed as phenomena - noumena, maybe. Again you see scientists as static and unspiritual because they've been slowly debunking "spiritual" stuff. I compose music. I believe the channels through which that happens are spiritual because I see spirituality as a continuum of material life, hence talking about living being ones spirituality.

Quote:

In my first post, i was only giving anyone interested, another idea, an idea that conscious is not of the physical.
Though it did not seem to pique the interest of any enquiring minds...oh well not to worry.
But...on a forum, does that deny discussion? One enquiring mind has stepped forward.

By no means all but I believe (believe, note) a great deal of what's now classed as spiritual will one day be explained in material/atomic/subatomic terms. Just like 100 years ago a living cell was through to be a bag of chemicals bestowed with this mystical property called "life", we now know a lot more about cells and how they work.

So, thank you for the discussion.
pax luxque tecum

freddyfresh 01-05-2020 03:29 PM

words can never do justice to the complexity of infinite capacity and the life experience. I feel that we are infinite beings pretending to exist in a finite universe. Hence talk will always be just speculation. How can infinity EVER be defined?, especially if it is i a constant ongoing creative process. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

freddyfresh 01-05-2020 03:31 PM

words can never do justice to the complexity of infinite capacity and the life experience. I feel that we are infinite beings pretending to exist in a finite universe. Hence talk will always be just speculation. How can infinity EVER be defined?, especially if it is in a constant ongoing creative process. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

freddyfresh 01-05-2020 03:32 PM

for example in my finite wisdom I cannot even figure out how to delete my own post

Rah nam 02-05-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddyfresh
for example in my finite wisdom I cannot even figure out how to delete my own post

You can not

7luminaries 02-05-2020 05:08 PM

I do love quantum mechanics and astrophysics generally. Also bio and cultural sciences. What I find particularly fascinating are "hard problems" and the impossibly long odds of finding ourselves as we are, where we are, in existing in the first place.

These include the "hard problem" of consciousness, the measurement (observer) "problem" of quantum mechanics, and the growing understanding that, like consciousness, quantum entanglement is foundational to physical reality and not a special outcome overlaid on top of it.

Given my insight and understanding on the topic to date, I would say broadly that consciousness is the "field" within which matter (the physical realm) arises. Which means that we are consciousness first and foremost, and also we (in our physical incarnations) are of consciousness. We like all things, both are consciousness and also have or experience an individuated consciousness which is coupled to our temporal physical form.

Because consciousness is foundational and pre-existing (so to speak :wink:)...it can never ultimately originate in the physical being. The physical being can and will experience its own form of consciousness, one that is both linked to its own timeless consciousness and also to all other temporal consciousness.

Put simply, we are never separate from our timeless centre (unbound consciousness), nor from all others, nor from all that is...birds, bees, animals, trees, mountains, skies, stars, and galaxies. Yet we are each an individuated, unique, and irreplaceable aspect of source consciousness.

As for who we are, look within. Regardless of the windowdressing (current incarnation), time, or place...we are never other than what we are, right now, in this moment and place. Our challenges and shortcomings are ours to own...our words and deeds are ours to own. And ultimately we must and we will, eagerly even and with all due haste. So we may as well get to it, and move into our spiritual and emotional maturity :D

Just my 2 ps.

Peace & blessings :hug3:

BigJohn 02-05-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Because consciousness is foundational and pre-existing (so to speak :wink:)...it can never ultimately originate in the physical being. The physical being can and will experience its own form of consciousness, one that is both linked to its own timeless consciousness and also to all other temporal consciousness.

Consiousness is abstract.

try to define it and you will find a pletora of definitions.

What was the 'cause' of consciousness? We do not know.

Is consciousness pre-existing? Hard to say.

Did it originate in our mind? Can not really say.

Lorelyen 03-05-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

I do love quantum mechanics and astrophysics generally. Also bio and cultural sciences. What I find particularly fascinating are "hard problems" and the impossibly long odds of finding ourselves as we are, where we are, in existing in the first place.

These include the "hard problem" of consciousness, the measurement (observer) "problem" of quantum mechanics, and the growing understanding that, like consciousness, quantum entanglement is foundational to physical reality and not a special outcome overlaid on top of it.

These are still hotly debated. To me, if an observer actually interferes with the observed results will differ from those without the interference. Anyone measuring the working of an (electronic) circuit will be aware of it.

In the past here I've said "Show me the maths" in which these things can exist 'unharmed' - not that I'd understand. Maths applied to quantum is much about probability which is made more difficult when commenters assume one has an easy understanding of the transforms, integration and so on, so misses steps. So I take it to dad who started life as an actuary and understands these things, can repackage it in bite-sized chunks for me. Mathematical statistics; Probability of continuous functions isn't nice! My maths is ok but not that advanced.

So - show me the maths. I know someone who can help me with it!

7luminaries 03-05-2020 07:16 PM

Lorelyen, Yes, observer measurement collapses the quantum probability wave (say, of a single particle into a single point. There's no way to view the other outcomes from our vantage in this slice (our universe) of the quantum multiverse. Within our universe, the particle when measured will have a definite outcome (its position when measured).

However if we don't measure the outcome of the particle and allow it to randomly exit from one of (say) two locations, we can observe the outcomes after the fact, which represents all the possible outcomes of a particle from either location and which (in the classic double-slit experiment) exactly resembles a 2-wave interference pattern. In effect, the particle occupies every possible location in this universe at point X, given its prior exit from both location 1 and 2, until and unless it is observed/measured. The measurement coalesces the wave probability into a location, impacting reality at the quantum particle level.

There are many other aspects to the hard problem of consciousness, but this test and many other similar laboratory outcomes have led many researchers to grudgingly conclude that consciousness appears to be a fundamental aspect of the universe (such as, consciousness is or "exists" a priori to or "beyond" the universe, such that the universe is "embedded" in a field of consciousness), even if we do not as yet have a full grasp of its scope or how to best or most accurately convey (the nature of) this (i.e., our) reality.

And also yes, the research is never done and no perspective is (or should be IMO) final or finalised :smile:
7L

BigJohn 04-05-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

These are still hotly debated. To me, if an observer actually interferes with the observed results will differ from those without the interference. Anyone measuring the working of an (electronic) circuit will be aware of it.

In the past here I've said "Show me the maths" in which these things can exist 'unharmed' - not that I'd understand.

Your statement should be rewritten.

When an electronic measurement is taken, the measuring device affects the electronic circuit being measured if there are connections. The measuring device alters the properties of the circuit. The amount of alteration is minute.

If there are no connections, such as taking a temperature, there is no alteration.

Lorelyen 04-05-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Your statement should be rewritten.

When an electronic measurement is taken, the measuring device affects the electronic circuit being measured if there are connections. The measuring device alters the properties of the circuit. The amount of alteration is minute.

If there are no connections, such as taking a temperature, there is no alteration.

You're wrong. There are usually connections. And if I'm using, say, my scope with an impedance of 10MΩ/12pf to check something like distortion in part of a circuit that has an impedance of 12MΩ at a frequency of 100kHz the difference won't be minute.

Otherwise thanks for the point that supports my own belief that simple unconnected observation should not change the behaviour of the observed.
pax tecum

Lorelyen 04-05-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Lorelyen, Yes, observer measurement collapses the quantum probability wave (say, of a single particle into a single point. There's no way to view the other outcomes from our vantage in this slice (our universe) of the quantum multiverse. Within our universe, the particle when measured will have a definite outcome (its position when measured).

However if we don't measure the outcome of the particle and allow it to randomly exit from one of (say) two locations, we can observe the outcomes after the fact, which represents all the possible outcomes of a particle from either location and which (in the classic double-slit experiment) exactly resembles a 2-wave interference pattern. In effect, the particle occupies every possible location in this universe at point X, given its prior exit from both location 1 and 2, until and unless it is observed/measured. The measurement coalesces the wave probability into a location, impacting reality at the quantum particle level.

There are many other aspects to the hard problem of consciousness, but this test and many other similar laboratory outcomes have led many researchers to grudgingly conclude that consciousness appears to be a fundamental aspect of the universe (such as, consciousness is or "exists" a priori to or "beyond" the universe, such that the universe is "embedded" in a field of consciousness), even if we do not as yet have a full grasp of its scope or how to best or most accurately convey (the nature of) this (i.e., our) reality.

And also yes, the research is never done and no perspective is (or should be IMO) final or finalised :smile:
7L

Taken me a while to reply as I didn’t want to turn it into a quantum physics forum. LOL Besides, I’m ok with the narrative but it’s a big subject and trying to formulate a condensed reply was difficult. Perhaps I'm just dense.

I’ve tended to take the standard definition of human consciousness as acceptable in practice: “the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings”, a view that’s held over the centuries and at the foundation of an organism’s survival. As such I’ve wondered whether there’s any point in bothering about how it works. Does it matter? I suppose it does because we sometimes seem able to detect aberrations or there's recognised damage, and perhaps it would be nice if we could make adjustments, depending on where the aberration lies (in the statistical normal or the individual ‘case’. Examples would follow if there were time and space). If we’re redefining what consciousness is then it would be a good idea to lay forth that definition. Stray into the non-physical and it can take on whatever meaning an exponent cares to give it and discussion ends there.

I’m familiar with the measurement problem. A lesson from this is: be careful drawing inferences from incomplete evidence. Science isn’t about proving but rather discarding hypotheses no longer valid. To me it’s about experiment based on observation to find explanations about which one can hypothesise; and a hypothesis can be knocked down tomorrow. If the observation raises a problem then…then what?

Intuitively I’m unsure how the wave function collapse could be validated… because the measurement problem denies validation. I ask how an observer watching the process can turn the overlapping waves into a particle, landing site determined by probabilities. If a measuring instrument was involved an explanation would follow no doubt. (I've just responded to a post (above) that makes this point.) But ok, I’ll accept the alleged results as they are.

Bringing it to consciousness, I see a plethora of what ifs, possibilities, probabilities. Whatever consciousness might be in wider philosophical terms, however it may rest within the universe or the universe rest within it, the process by which it occurs in the human (and such animate life that seems to possess it) can only be processed through some part of the physiology – unless a) we assume we don’t exist in what’s been thought so far as ‘the flesh’ and b) unless quantum physicists are trying to persuade us that as we’re bathed in this universal consciousness, the body somehow sucks in a share of it and – as quantum physics would have it, liable to continuous change… which in practice would mean we’re never the same person for anything from picoseconds (or less) to…whenever. (Ok, a fact of it that we aren’t but in mundane terms change would proceed by small increments.) Otherwise, it IS a thought and I suppose remotely possible; and if our awareness does change a trillion times a second, it carries everything with it to give a sense of persistence to whatever we’re doing like typing this. (I have no trouble with 10^-12 time intervals. They’re all relative.)

But it would make what we perceive (in real life) as the body’s sense receptors redundant and the brain more or less an autonomous machine if not also redundant: choices are made for us by this universal consciousness. It contains our experiences and by extension therefore our memories (or is such memory as we have merely probabilistic implants? And if so (and it’s prone to change) is the construct of memory valid)? Sure, that allows quanta to make us individuals based on probability – but how on earth we can move forward with research at the physical level beats me – yet we do. How do you explain the pre-conscious processing that we know happens in the brain to protect us? How should we alter society re things like rule of law if people are not strictly responsible for their conduct?

So, then, unless we’re totally reliant on this universal consciousness for our survival and individuality, where in the human does the processing occur – that awareness of self and interaction with our environ? Where indeed in the human lies the reception of the imposed consciousness or parts thereof and how does free-will (i.e an ability to make moment by moment decisions when occasion needs) work… because as soon as anyone says “ah but there’s feedback into this universal consciousness” then they’re admitting a human process partially independent of it exists after all. How would it tie in with the autonomous functions of our bodies maintaining homeostasis that we can function as we do; and deal with harms that call upon the autonomous to remedy? How does it deal with shock that can divert our consciousness drastically?

I maintain that very near to 100% of the information and processing is in the brain, not our big toes or hearts or whatever. Organic life is about survival and propagation. Humans seek more answers though and tend to invoke non-physical energies, entities, channels to explain the hitherto inexplicable. That’s fine. It could be that such instruments exist. If quantum mechanics, in spite of the inconclusiveness so far and what ifs, can one day answer some of the questions, great. But as yet it’s all laboratory thinking. There’ll never be proof and evidence will be sparse. Perhaps the next step in the evolutionary cycle will be better equipped to sort some of this out; but for sure, it’s dangerous to latch onto this thinking as if it’s fact. It isn’t.

Until then it remains the hard problem. So, excuse me cutting it down to just these few paragraphs. It’s a huge subject and a lot more could be said. And in parting, I also accept consciousness as a fundamental aspect of the universe but how that relates to its human application I haven't tried to think.

If you yourself are a researcher, I hold you in high respect. Unfortunately actual research is denied me. So I’m not conversant with every name and their hypotheses in the field let alone what seems endless debate. One tries. I’m as eager for answers as anyone else!

Peace, love and light to you, 7luminaries.