Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   What do you eat .... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17094)

Adrienne 06-06-2011 05:17 PM

What do you eat ....

What do you eat, when you need to eat something, but don't feel like eating ?

When everything you think of ... nothing appeals to you ?

Dream Angel xx

flutterangel 07-06-2011 12:27 AM

Ugh...this happens quite a bit being gluten and dairy free! I want pizza all the time, but can't have it. Usually gluten free raisin toast with almond(not supposed to have peanuts) butter and jelly.
Really, really love pizza....eventually nothing sounds good.

Adrienne 07-06-2011 01:47 AM

:hug: I am sorry flutterangel, seems it is always what we are not supposed to eat that we crave the most ! I like raisin toast, and I like almonds. Do you have to go to a health food store to find the almond butter ?

The one thing that seems to taste good, when nothing else does ~ is Chef Boyardee mini meat raviolis,even for breakfast ! I don't like all the tomato sauce so I let the sauce drip off first.

Dream Angel xx

mattie 07-06-2011 02:06 AM

Widely Available

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream Angel
... Do you have to go to a health food store to find the almond butter ?
[/i]

Kroger (natural food section), Target, Walmart, Drug Emporium & many large groceries carry Almond Butter.

Adrienne 07-06-2011 02:09 AM

Thank you mattie ! Lots of choices of places ! Amazing what one can find if one specifically looks for it. I am usually looking for my favorite brand of peanut butter. I need to think outside that jar of peanut butter :tongue:

Silver 07-06-2011 02:26 AM

Only thing I can think of is a cool crisp apple, gala or macintosh or red delish.

surrendertotheflow 07-06-2011 02:27 AM

graham crackers and nutella.

Flutterangel, I know how you feel. My ex and his son both have Celiac's disease, and I went gluten free for the entire relationship. It was tough, food got really boring.

Now that I am single, I'm so happy to be able to eat whatever I want again!!

But salad and rice are always yummy :smile:
Like I said before, graham crackers and nutella!! SOOO good!
When nothing seems to be appealing enough to eat, though (like I've opened all the cupboards and the fridge like five times and have determined I am uninterested in eating any of it, lol Tortilla Chips and Salsa or fresh guac are always satisfying for me. Apple slices, pimento olives, and sharp cheddar, appetizers that are extremely appetizing :color:

Kaere 07-06-2011 02:27 AM

Chicken soup.

athribiristan 07-06-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

Dream Angel xx

I go through cycles where food just doesn't appeal. I try to stick to my regular diet as best I can but I inevitably end up skipping meals and leaving out snacks. I end up eating things that I can just grab and eat like yogurt, sandwiches, bagels, cereal, granola mix, string cheese, because I feel even less like making food than I do like eating it. Then I go the other way and eat everything in sight for a couple of days, and then I level out for a while.

Very strange cycle but I've learned to live with it.

MoonDancer 07-06-2011 03:20 AM

If I don't feel like I won't, even if I'm hungry, I'm quite stubborn.
But then I eat when I'm not hungry because I feel like tasting something....I'm eating tootsie rolls now, I'm not hungry.....I can't help you here :laughing8:

Silver 07-06-2011 05:40 AM

I like to freeze a container of yogurt until it's semi-frozen.

NightSpirit 07-06-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Dream Angel xx

vegemite on fresh bread or toast? :D

norseman 07-06-2011 03:39 PM

Banned in Denmark, along with Marmite :D

surrendertotheflow 07-06-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
But then I eat when I'm not hungry because I feel like tasting something....I'm eating tootsie rolls now, I'm not hungry.....I can't help you here :laughing8:

haha I am the same way. Sometimes I will go until 3 in the afternoon just because food doesn't seem appealing to me whatsoever. but then I get sicky feeling.... not good

Silver 07-06-2011 04:23 PM

You 'stubborn' ones maybe try one of those health bars like "Powerbar", etc. At least you're not going without something in your system.

surrendertotheflow 07-06-2011 04:24 PM

Luna bars are actually pretty good. I like the cocoa and peppermint ones.

surrendertotheflow 07-06-2011 04:25 PM

Actually, I prefer the liquid diet lol. If I could drink smoothies and shakes all day for nutrients, I just might. I love Special K Protein Shakes. But that's still not substantial enough. I used to make that my breakfast, but by the afternoon, I would still feel sick like I didn't eat enough.

blaaaah. :smile:

BlueSky 07-06-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Dream Angel xx

Protein bar (Zone) or a Snickers bar.

Squatchit 07-06-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Only thing I can think of is a cool crisp apple, gala or macintosh or red delish.

Me too with a big lump of cheshire/lancashire/wensleydale cheese.

My Mum ate apple and cheese when she was pregnant with me, so I guess it's 'soul' food to me. :smile:

Silver 07-06-2011 05:21 PM

For the not hungry thread, we sure are eating up a storm!

Um, how about brie on a nice cracker or two w/some tea? wine?

surrendertotheflow 07-06-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
For the not hungry thread, we sure are eating up a storm!

Um, how about brie on a nice cracker or two w/some tea? wine?

I looooooove tea..... not always in the mood for crackers. I like Yogi tea, all kinds of good for you stuff, and you get a little yoga quote on each tea bag! lol

NightSpirit 08-06-2011 06:24 AM

okay...so this is a little tougher to solve for all us folks who need foods to trigger their hunger via visual/aroma.

I'd have to ask you a few basic questions first surrender.

Are you a healthy foods eater or happy with most things (apart from shakes)?
Are you okay with cold cut meats?
Do you prefer warmer or colder foods eg....salads or the likes of soups/pastas?
Are you a grazer (small amounts more often)?
What's your most favourite group of foods?

Cheers

jackie-b 08-06-2011 07:24 AM

When my appetite is gone, I find I can sometimes eat porridge or plain buttered toast, both comfort foods from my childhood.

surrendertotheflow 08-06-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightSpirit
okay...so this is a little tougher to solve for all us folks who need foods to trigger their hunger via visual/aroma.

I'd have to ask you a few basic questions first surrender.

Are you a healthy foods eater or happy with most things (apart from shakes)?
Are you okay with cold cut meats?
Do you prefer warmer or colder foods eg....salads or the likes of soups/pastas?
Are you a grazer (small amounts more often)?
What's your most favourite group of foods?

Cheers

I am a healthy eater UNLESS I am being a grazer. On the days I eat right, I eat very healthy for the whole day. On the days I don't feel like eating, I graze all day, don't eat enough calories or the right foods. I like cold cuts sometimes, I prefer cold stuff during the day and hot meal at night. Breakfast is my biggest problem. I do not like pastries, donuts, a lot of different cereals, I'm just not big on all that stuff. So for breakfast I usually have cereal, oatmeal, or if I'm feeling froggy I'll make myself a breakfast burrito with eggs and sausage.

I love vegetables, but I'm not a big fan of fruit. I don't know why. I find them to be yummy, but I can't get enough desire to eat them. I rarely eat fruit, so I try to eat more veggies. I LOVE salad.

When it comes to junk food though, I'm all over salty stuff, popcorn or chips!!

flutterangel 08-06-2011 10:44 PM

Yeah, it's a life saver since I was addicted to peanut butter and now shouldn't eat it. Also there's a place here in Minnesota called Trader Joe's where I get mine, and also the chocolate almond milk. It tastes just like chocolate milk and I love it in the winter heated up with marshmallows!
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie
Kroger (natural food section), Target, Walmart, Drug Emporium & many large groceries carry Almond Butter.

flutterangel 08-06-2011 10:46 PM

Hooray for Yogi Tea!!! I LOVE it, and it has such good health benefits! The green tea keeps me calm and relaxed and fights inflammation. Also love the detox one, and breathe. Too many others to name!
Quote:

Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
I looooooove tea..... not always in the mood for crackers. I like Yogi tea, all kinds of good for you stuff, and you get a little yoga quote on each tea bag! lol

surrendertotheflow 08-06-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutterangel
Hooray for Yogi Tea!!! I LOVE it, and it has such good health benefits! The green tea keeps me calm and relaxed and fights inflammation. Also love the detox one, and breathe. Too many others to name!

I swear by it! I just wish they made Chinese Oolong, which is another one of my favorites. Very difficult to find around here! :tongue:

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

vegemite on fresh bread or toast? :D

oh no NightSpirit ! :icon_eek:
I knew someone would mention vegemite (being psychic you know, lol :tongue: )

I hear this is an acquired taste ?

Dream Angel xx

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flutterangel
and also the chocolate almond milk. It tastes just like chocolate milk and I love it in the winter heated up with marshmallows!

flutterangel ~ I have heard of plain almond milk, but the chocolate and warmed up with marshmallows sounds delicious !

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:22 AM

surrendertotheflow ~ I have seen this Yogi tea, cute packaging idea ! does it really do what it says, with the different varieties ?

yum yum on the nutella & graham crackers idea, almost bought some nutella today.

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Banned in Denmark, along with Marmite :D

:icon_eek: the other, most likely to not be eaten item, Marmite ! :D

no suggestions, Norseman ?

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:28 AM

Silvergirl ~ I like the half frozen yogurt idea. Hmmm, an apple a day keeps the doctor away, or does it ? So many varieties to choose from, I never know which one to choose.

jackie - b ~ at the moment, grits seems to be the " porridge " of choice, or cream of wheat, I always liked that on cold mornings.

Kaere ~ oh yes, chicken soup, did you know they now have creamy chicken noodle and it is pretty good !

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilishAngel

Creative reply ! :D thank you anyways

always time for chocolate !

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:33 AM

yes James, a Snickers bar would satisfy ! :D

I like the cheese and crackers or cheese and apple idea Squatch, apples being healthier than the crackers !

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athribiristan
I go through cycles where food just doesn't appeal. I try to stick to my regular diet as best I can but I inevitably end up skipping meals and leaving out snacks. I end up eating things that I can just grab and eat like yogurt, sandwiches, bagels, cereal, granola mix, string cheese, because I feel even less like making food than I do like eating it. Then I go the other way and eat everything in sight for a couple of days, and then I level out for a while.

Very strange cycle but I've learned to live with it.

athribiristan ~ we really need to think of a shorter nickname for you ! :D I have the hardest time remembering how to spell your name.

I wouldn't say your eating cycle is that strange, sounds like a good mix of a variety of foods. I would have to agree with you, when food doesn't appeal, neither does fixing food. And have you ever gone grocery shopping, when everything in the store just makes one feel ill ? cheaper I guess then when everything sounds appealing !

NightSpirit 09-06-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

oh no NightSpirit ! :icon_eek:
I knew someone would mention vegemite (being psychic you know, lol :tongue: )

I hear this is an acquired taste ?

Dream Angel xx

Yes it is an acquired taste (and I was being serious with post). We aussie's literally cut our teeth on it. It's very healthy and a good all-round spread to fill in the gaps. :D

NightSpirit 09-06-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
I am a healthy eater UNLESS I am being a grazer. On the days I eat right, I eat very healthy for the whole day. On the days I don't feel like eating, I graze all day, don't eat enough calories or the right foods. I like cold cuts sometimes, I prefer cold stuff during the day and hot meal at night. Breakfast is my biggest problem. I do not like pastries, donuts, a lot of different cereals, I'm just not big on all that stuff. So for breakfast I usually have cereal, oatmeal, or if I'm feeling froggy I'll make myself a breakfast burrito with eggs and sausage.

I love vegetables, but I'm not a big fan of fruit. I don't know why. I find them to be yummy, but I can't get enough desire to eat them. I rarely eat fruit, so I try to eat more veggies. I LOVE salad.

When it comes to junk food though, I'm all over salty stuff, popcorn or chips!!

Okay thanks. I'm not a breakie person either and you do better then me in that department.

Here are a few aussie suggestions for you.
1. B'fast on grazing days......dry weetbix spread with butter and/or sprinkled with a touch of sugar. (of course, I would add vegemite).
2. Toast with slices of advocado, or tomato, or just butter, or a spread.
3. Don't like toast? Try toasted crumpets.
4. I was going to suggest grapefruit but you said you're not fussed on fruit.
5. A slice of thick bread with cheese and another favoured topping grilled lightly.

Lunch....
1. A packet of instant flavoured noodles. Add diced chicken, shallots, chilli (if you like it), diced mushrooms and cook over a stove-top.
2. Slices of french bread or turkish bread (yum) lightly grilled with your favourite toppings and some lettuce and/or hot chips on the side.
3. Pasta cabanara or similar.
4. Fresh salad with a selection of cold-cut sliced meats and breadnbutter/bread roll on the side.
5. A plate of crackers, salami sticks, cheese slices, a few grapes/or slices of melon. Let your imagination do the picking.

Cheers

Adrienne 09-06-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Yes it is an acquired taste (and I was being serious with post). We aussie's literally cut our teeth on it. It's very healthy and a good all-round spread to fill in the gaps. :D

NightSpirit ~ there are no gaps in my teeth ! :tongue: guess I don't need the vegemite, hee hee

oh I know you were being serious with the first post, if I recall there was almost a whole thread about the subject, somewhere

NightSpirit 10-06-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

NightSpirit ~ there are no gaps in my teeth ! :tongue: guess I don't need the vegemite, hee hee

oh I know you were being serious with the first post, if I recall there was almost a whole thread about the subject, somewhere

But then, one needs to ask...."how serious can aussie's be?" :D

Adrienne 10-06-2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

But then, one needs to ask...."how serious can aussie's be?" :D

that is a question I ponder about daily ! :tongue: keeps me awake nights, lol !