Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   What is the reason to teach others Buddhism ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=52610)

the_crow 29-07-2013 11:01 PM

What does coffee do to wake itself up?

Mayflow 30-07-2013 12:29 AM

Why should coffee awaken?

the_crow 30-07-2013 12:37 AM

Why should we?

CSEe 30-07-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex23
I could see where they may get frustrated with you. I don't mean this as a negative towards you. I just mean if that is the attitude you take towards the subject why would they take the time?

Buddhism isn't something that is to be spread or taught. It says that we should treat others as we would treat ourselves, but also seek solitude. A Buddhist would rather be absorbed in their meditation than spreading the word.

The problem is in my opinion you are treating Buddhism like other religions where it is nothing alike.

For what it is worth I think the DL is a terrible Buddhist.

Dear Alex , sorry in advance perhaps many people had created an image of me and follow their emotion of me as what they imagine ..perhaps even living in mylife........for that you are same as them . I never regard Buddhism is a religion and I am fully understand for religion like Islam or Christain there is no room for questioning .
I just hope to exchange views / challenge my own views with theirs ...what could possiblily be wrong about that ? Why they frustrated ? To me if my intention is to learn from you NOT to teach you so how could there be any frustration ?
Dear sir , frankly I am here to learn and after being banned in most of Buddhism website I have reason to believe that many are here to teach not to learn but when they fell being challenged , they get frustrated .....I never have any intention to teach others except learning from you all .
I am preparing to face my coffin , sharing my awareness with my daughter so that perhaps she will live her life with less fear / suffering of old age / sickness even death ..........
So dear sir , you seems have understanding of what Buddhist should be care to discuss it ? What is Buddhist to you ? .......
Dalai lama to me is always Buddhist same as any human , animal , plant , micro-orgsm , rock , metal , water , dirt , table , chair is all Buddhist , all in own natural process into emptiness ...all is same and equal no one is greater or lesser than others ...........no doult I have so many dis-agreement with him but he is same as any existence not terrible ......
Thks CSEe

CSEe 30-07-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayflow
I don't think that to think of some things as pollutants is as beneficial as considering them as learning lessons.

Perhaps pollutant is not suitable words but in my current understand is closer to what I realized ...........to me all emotions / desire / fear / ego / love / compassion is the cause of my existence ...is myself and is pollutant in ME- the nothingness ......Buddhism in my current understanding is a natural process separating ME from MYSELF .

Pollutant in this case isnt something which is dirty or bad or wrong but I am referring thiis to "nothingness" ......."nothingness" is what I current understand in Buddhism concept is Buddha ...and emotions which is causing existence of human perhaps best descriped it as pollutant .......thats just my choice of words .
Thks CSEe

CSEe 30-07-2013 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_crow
Cyanide is definitely a pollutant.
But I suppose if you didn't already know that, you might learn it, with your last breath.

In human knowledge YES , but Buddhism is beyond knowledge and pollutant perhaps have a different perception .
Thks CSEe

CSEe 30-07-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
But unfortunately they are when trying to describe that which IS.

Perhaps if we talk on it more , discuss it , debate on it more we could find better meaning / better understanding of it regardless any knowledge of any words ...
Thks CSEe

psychoslice 30-07-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSEe
In human knowledge YES , but Buddhism is beyond knowledge and pollutant perhaps have a different perception .
Thks CSEe

If you say that Buddhism is beyond knowledge, then why debate ???.

psychoslice 30-07-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSEe
Perhaps if we talk on it more , discuss it , debate on it more we could find better meaning / better understanding of it regardless any knowledge of any words ...
Thks CSEe

Its beyond words or knowledge, so no debate can help.

the_crow 30-07-2013 01:07 AM

If you are preparing for your coffin, here is something to consider, beforehand:
The manner in which you meet your end, determines what happens next.
Go in terror, and you will forever know terror.
Go reluctantly, and you will spend forever never quite catching up, and never quite connecting.
Go with fearless acceptance, and eternity will be yours.

Dump your identity. Say YES! And be on your way.
See you there :)