Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Enlightenment (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19026)

Air Spirit 15-07-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Internal Queries
**rolls eyes** another self dissolver. someOne needs to write a book "1001 Spiritual Ways to Deconstruct The Self".

are so many people so miserable that they prefer not to exist?

This is really funny

sound 15-07-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sentientno1
RT, " ruthless truth"....hmmm is that what it's called now? Things do change when one is gone for a few years.

Well I called it Ruthless Truth Sentient, however the actual title of the site is 'RuthlessTruth the Arena' ... I have recently become a member there but i sense my time is short-lived lol not sure it is appropriate to leave a link cause it is pretty 'abrasive' in the language department lol ...

Internal Queries 15-07-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Air Spirit
This is really funny

well, i suppose i shouldn't protest if folks desire to cease to exist or merge with the Source or whatever. there's far too many humans manifesting anyway.

Perfect Storm 15-07-2011 12:32 PM

Anyone who does not speak plainly so that it can be understand, when the whole purpose is to teach it, always makes me think they are covering something with flashy words.

So, the idea is that the person who we are now it an illusion/projection of the 'real self' and knowning this brings instant enlightment?

Internal Queries 15-07-2011 12:41 PM

i keep wondering why the "the true self" can't project a true self image. why does a self image projection have to be an "illusion"?

not human 15-07-2011 01:29 PM

What they are saying is that there is no self, that the idea of self is the lie, there is no projection or image of some latent true self there simply is NO self

sound 15-07-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

i keep wondering the "the true self" can't project a true self image. why does a self image projection have to be an "illusion"?

Yeah, I have often wondered that too and to 'be' consciously aware of It 'to boot' ... a real illusion perhaps lol if we insist on calling 'this' reality illusion ...

sound 15-07-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not human
What they are saying is that there is no self, that the idea of self is the lie, there is no projection or image of some latent true self there simply is NO self

What is this expression then?

Internal Queries 15-07-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not human

lol that's rediculous. the existance of self is self evident.

Elijah 15-07-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

lol that's rediculous. the existance of self is self evident.

The reality of being is evident, the idea of what that presence of being is is assumed.
This then leads to ideas of a soul etc, because beyond the body-mind identity which will eventually perish one's notion/knowing of self is obscure.