Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   The main goal of Buddhism? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102689)

Serrao 26-06-2016 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yes that is how I like to build, calm and clear presence in being the emptiness in me in this way. Everything is there, but how empty you are and connected you are to you, will show itself in that chaos that is not at peace.

So maybe those new-agers are right with their lesson theory.

As long as become deluded or upset by some sensory chaos the lesson is not learned yet and the problem stays arising in your life.
When you are able to stay centered you pass the test and the "problem" disappears from your life.

Serrao 26-06-2016 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
It simple just put your attention on easy things like play with pets or construct a pool of koi fish and feeding the beautiful fishes or exercises....or sleep do something that can calm your mind.

But if you seek for Buddhist type of empty one's mind, you had to calm by holding our mind peacefully as not affected by others. And not necessary to meditate or to have meditate as a practice.

Do you mean working on attaining a peaceful life without stressors?

Serrao 26-06-2016 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
There are probably descriptions of 'buddahood', but I haven't seen any myself. I can't begin to reduce to a context of questions. But the experience of life continues its change and the body also. Obviously, that's the way it is.. Buddha refers to your true nature, and not someone else. it isn't something other than you are now, just the way you are. The meditation is to be aware of yourself as you are. It isn't a seeking of enlightenment, but a looking, I.e. a conscious awareness of one's self. It isn't about finding something other. It is about being aware of 'this'.

Life goes on like chop wood carry water suggests as it is just the way it is, and not otherwise. The teachers don't like that because they need something to get in the future, whereas you don't exist in the future, it past. Obviously you only exist at the moment, and you are just the way you are now.

In you you can notice thoughts which say, but this can't be it, and a movement of the attention searching for something which is it. We might say attention comes from it, because it is what is aware... What knows, what is alive, and you know this awareness/knowing/life is already the case. This isn't questionable.

But they say beings who attained Nirvana are not reborn again.

What happens to beings who are consciousness without a physical body?

Jeremy Bong 26-06-2016 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serrao
Do you mean working on attaining a peaceful life without stressors?

Quiet and calm mind is every guy have to attain with no matter a Buddhist or Christian or Hindu.... One must training to adopt that feeling of mind whenever / whatever the circumstance is or with our daily life.

Serrao 26-06-2016 05:24 AM

Quote:

Quiet and calm mind is every guy have to attain with no matter a Buddhist or Christian or Hindu.... One must training to adopt that feeling of mind whenever / whatever the circumstance is or with our daily life.

Nice advice, Jeremy.

Thanks. :smile:

Gem 26-06-2016 05:34 AM

Quote:

Is it true that Gods never suffered? Or no suffering? Not at all. Gods also can suffering hunger or pain.......but more advance in all aspects.

As reincarnation : what that reburn is only astral light ( life) that hanged down by parents to his/her descendants. It has no shape at the beginning and will follow their parents faces when growing to a baby.

I'm not sure what you refer to as gods, but humans such as Jesus and Buddha certainly suffered, and supposedly overcame suffering completely. Buddhists say one does not attain enlightenment, but rather, forgoes false perceptions. In the absence of false views the truth becomes apparent.

When we mention hunger and pain we refer to sensations of the body. Theses in themselves do not make suffering. Suffering is emotional/psychological reactivity to body sensation. In my time of meditation retreat, I sat on a mat for 11 hours a day, day after day, for many days. It is quite painful, but because the mind falls silent and remains in a purely observing state, there is observable pain, but no suffering. Continual practice brings the mind to very subtle sensations, and at some stage pain itself ceases as it dissolves into myriads of vibrations and other motions. The end of pain , however, is not The end of suffering, as it was never the cause.

We usually find when a person gets to point where the body loses perceived solidity, and feel like all nature of waves tingles vibrations and other movements that flow, the more insidious suffering occurs. The suffering associated with pleasure. During the pain phase, suffering is aversion avoidance and resistance to uncomfortable physical sensations. The pleasure phase is more difficult and it entails craving for more and deeper pleasure, and clinging to the really wonderful experiences of the subtle body. This is a more horrid sort of suffering as a person wants to stay with pleasure and also get more...

Thus, Buddhist teach about suffering in both contexts of pleasure and pain. The meditation, therefore, is not about ones experience, but the quiet balance of mind, which is called equanimity.

These motions which at first are so pleasurable have a tendency to becoming intense and relentless, and become difficult to endure, so this stage is characterized by pleasure becoming unpleasant, and the swing back toward resistance and aversion, then to desire and craving and back again. We realise then that even though the mind became so highly attuned and perceptive and experiences transformed from the solid to the subtle, no progress at all was made, and the suffering Continues just as it did before, but in a new sensational context.

This is when the practice becomes about balanced equanimity and nothing else as one realises even their wonderful pleasure is another attachment to suffering.

The meditator now only remains aware of their stillness, and has no concenn for any sort of sensation. Avoids none and pursues none and holds to none, understanding the futility, and the harm of that.

The last stage is when the sensation becomes entirely momentary, and doesn't register at all as an afterthought.... And I can barely speak of this at all, but the true nature of impermanence is realised, and thus attachment is resolved.

Jeremy Bong 26-06-2016 06:49 AM

Gem,

I can't answer long question because of my weak charging of battery it may shut down anytime.

Gods is never mentioned in Buddhism because of their practice only focus on people's mind practice on inner self.

Gods is "naturally" existing in this world. Before there is human Gods exist first. One reason may be Buddha didn't seek for Gods. He never seek for Gods. He only wanted to fight the nature of human mind and body existence.

Gods exist in godly physical form. I can touch them with solid feeling. But they are hard to be seen.

Meditation is inner thought of a person may be with or without interference of the outside world.

To calm a person mind has to practice all the time. But not everyone ,only some can easily attain with.

The battery is OK so I write more.

The outside world is real but not the astral world with a lot of delusion that have to clearing off. It's because our thinking is not up to the level with "no(thing) wrong"standard.

So mediation is a practice to justify it and in a way to strengthen our thinking mindset.

naturesflow 26-06-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

So maybe those new-agers are right with their lesson theory.

As long as become deluded or upset by some sensory chaos the lesson is not learned yet and the problem stays arising in your life.
When you are able to stay centered you pass the test and the "problem" disappears from your life.

It is how I learn where I am still attached in myself. Have you not observed the nature of certain issues your addressing in yourself and how they play out in others to reflect and show you where you are in yourself..And when your done those reflections show the end point..

I suppose I am someone who sees a great deal of connections as one source together unfolding in my own experience to know and get this. So if your focus is on the whole it often can be overlooked and not noticed in this way.

I build the whole view in myself by considering all connections as one whole source in me in my healing process.

Nowdays I can focus on the whole or the connections creating the whole, depending on what is required for my own process and life creation.

Serrao 26-06-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturesflow
It is how I learn where I am still attached in myself. Have you not observed the nature of certain issues your addressing in yourself and how they play out in others to reflect and show you where you are in yourself..And when your done those reflections show the end point..

I suppose I am someone who sees a great deal of connections as one source together unfolding in my own experience to know and get this. So if your focus is on the whole it often can be overlooked and not noticed in this way.

I build the whole view in myself by considering all connections as one whole source in me in my healing process.

Nowdays I can focus on the whole or the connections creating the whole, depending on what is required for my own process and life creation.

I think as long as there are struggles within, this will result in negative LOA.

When there are no more issues, negative LOA dissolves.

naturesflow 27-06-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

I think as long as there are struggles within, this will result in negative LOA.

When there are no more issues, negative LOA dissolves.

So this is what the whole law of attraction relates too.

What if we take away negative and attraction and see it as life itself showing us life as it is?