Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   How often do you exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31895)

Heightend-Awareness 28-09-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I did this, while on only one or two hands, upside down.

You always amaze me BigJohn.:smile:

Just Tim 28-09-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueSkiez
Thank you so much for being happy that I'm alive and well. I'm slowly starting to come back to life, lol.

I will always be ! I have enough love for every other soul.

So, every time you think nobody cares,

please do remember, that I do.

:smile:

Gentenz 04-11-2020 11:28 AM

I'm now doing alternate routines every other day while maintaining a calorie-deficit diet. It's not a fast-paced diet for immediately growing big muscles but it works as intended as I would like it to be. :)

Miss Hepburn 13-11-2020 03:13 PM

Everyday on my Total Gym (that Chuck Norris one) - when I do too much, take a day off...
but still do other areas -10 lbs weights while watching Netflix.

I have an old football injury that can flareup. :wink:
Actually, it was kick boxing practice. I blame Buffy.

Miss Hepburn 13-11-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Tim
I will always be ! I have enough love for every other soul.
So, every time you think nobody cares,
please do remember, that I do.

:smile:

I really like you.

Just Tim 14-11-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I really like you.

Very, very few people can make me blush.

I litteraly turned my head down and my face turned more red than a tomato. :redface:

Thank you :hug2:

linen53 28-11-2020 04:02 PM

I have duck chores every morning and every evening. That's my exercise and excuse for getting out under the big blue sky, soaking up some vitamin D and breathing in some fresh air.

Elfin 29-11-2020 03:43 PM

I don't cos am a lazy cow....

Golden Angel 29-11-2020 05:49 PM

twice a week, I do Pilates & belly dancing, I tend to do a lot of walking too as I am on my feet all day at work and my job is physical. I try to fit in a Barre Pilates routine when I am not feeling lazy :biggrin: :biggrin: .

Elfin 29-11-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Angel
twice a week, I do Pilates & belly dancing, I tend to do a lot of walking too as I am on my feet all day at work and my job is physical. I try to fit in a Barre Pilates routine when I am not feeling lazy :biggrin: :biggrin: .

STOP IT....!!!!....... You are putting me to shame !! I haven't been in a gym for over 40 years (since at school LOL)... I class my daily excerise being "going upstairs ", to bed !!! .......

Golden Angel 29-11-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
STOP IT....!!!!....... You are putting me to shame !! I haven't been in a gym for over 40 years (since at school LOL)... I class my daily excerise being "going upstairs ", to bed !!! .......

:laughing3: Oh I haven't been in a gym for years myself Elfin, I saw a great meme a few weeks back that said " Friend, hey you fancy going to the gym?, her reply was " are you on crack " :laugh: Well made me chuckle.

Heightend-Awareness 29-11-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

:laughing3: Oh I haven't been in a gym for years myself Elfin, I saw a great meme a few weeks back that said " Friend, hey you fancy going to the gym?, her reply was " are you on crack " :laugh: Well made me chuckle.

In my youth I was a super freakishly fit. Now I have come full circle, I am now a super freakishly sloth.

Golden Angel 29-11-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
In my youth I was a super freakishly fit. Now I have come full circle, I am now a super freakishly sloth.

:laugh: :laugh: Yeah I know what you mean, used to do Karate twice a week when I was much younger, think I would struggle now to do a roundhouse kick with my dodgy back :icon_eek:

Heightend-Awareness 29-11-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

:laugh: :laugh: Yeah I know what you mean, used to do Karate twice a week when I was much younger, think I would struggle now to do a roundhouse kick with my dodgy back :icon_eek:

I lost half of my leg due to karate. Got kicked like it was from a horse during sparring. It caused a massive clot. Because I left it too late (dumba$$), there were no viable attachment points for an artery by-pass. So the leg from a few inches below the knee had to come off. Hence the sloth mode.

Golden Angel 29-11-2020 08:49 PM

Quote:

I lost half of my leg due to karate. Got kicked like it was from a horse during sparring. It caused a massive clot. Because I left it too late (dumba$$), there were no viable attachment points for an artery by-pass. So the leg from a few inches below the knee had to come off. Hence the sloth mode.

:icon_pale: Oh bloody hell I can imagine that was a shock having to have half your leg amputated.

Heightend-Awareness 29-11-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

:icon_pale: Oh bloody hell I can imagine that was a shock having to have half your leg amputated.

It's been six years now. I'm ok with it. I never really had any meltdown over it. I can balance on my prosthesis to do kicks. But I like to kick with it instead. More damage. But that was the old me. A more chilled version came to be.:smile:

Golden Angel 29-11-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

It's been six years now. I'm ok with it. I never really had any meltdown over it. I can balance on my prosthesis to do kicks. But I like to kick with it instead. More damage. But that was the old me. A more chilled version came to be.:smile:

I think that is great that you have handled it well and that you have a prosthesis, it sure would do more damage giving someone a good kick with it LOL. Yes we mellow as we get a bit older.

BigJohn 29-11-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

I can relate to a degree ......
I have gotten kicked by horses so many times, I can't remember. The worst is when getting tossed off the rear end of a horse and as I am going down, the horse decides to let you have it with both feet while you are still in mid-air.

BigJohn 29-11-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

I saw a chap at a restaurant who had only one leg.
We were eating at the counter and he was to my left. I asked him what happened. He told me and said the pain was so unbelievable, he went and found a doctor and had it cut off. Since then, he has felt really great.

Guulp!
I had the same type of injury.

BigJohn 29-11-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin

You are similar to me......... you forgot you get the bulk of your exercising when you do all of those elbow bends at snack and meal times.

Heightend-Awareness 29-11-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

I saw a chap at a restaurant who had only one leg.
We were eating at the counter and he was to my left. I asked him what happened. He told me and said the pain was so unbelievable, he went and found a doctor and had it cut off. Since then, he has felt really great.

Guulp!
I had the same type of injury.

But being in sloth mode is not good either. If don't use it, you lose it.

Heightend-Awareness 29-11-2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

I can relate to a degree ......
I have gotten kicked by horses so many times, I can't remember. The worst is when getting tossed off the rear end of a horse and as I am going down, the horse decides to let you have it with both feet while you are still in mid-air.

.....OUCH!

BigJohn 29-11-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

But being in sloth mode is not good either. If don't use it, you lose it.

Was it your left leg or your right leg?

Mine was my right leg.

Heightend-Awareness 29-11-2020 11:12 PM

Quote:

Was it your left leg or your right leg?

Mine was my right leg.

We would be Olympic champions if they a three-legged race. We could be secured at the waist and just run normally. As you have had you right one off and I had my left one off. We would be classified as cheating.:biggrin:

Golden Angel 29-11-2020 11:18 PM

Quote:

We would be Olympic champions if they a three-legged race. We could be secured at the waist and just run normally. As you have had you right one off and I had my left one off. We would be classified as cheating.:biggrin:

PMSL :laughing6:

Altair 05-12-2020 05:40 PM

Less than I used to, now that the gym has a mask mandate. I'm not playing along..
They have the ''rule'' that you have to mask up every time you move from one place to another.. lol.:rolleyes:

I now just do a lot of push ups at home, planks, and I have dumbbells. I walk 2h a day with my dog..

I don't miss the gym at all. Looking back at it now, the place just feels a bit soulless.. most people just doing their own thing.

AbodhiSky 22-12-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Less than I used to, now that the gym has a mask mandate. I'm not playing along..
They have the ''rule'' that you have to mask up every time you move from one place to another.. lol.:rolleyes:

I now just do a lot of push ups at home, planks, and I have dumbbells. I walk 2h a day with my dog..

I don't miss the gym at all. Looking back at it now, the place just feels a bit soulless.. most people just doing their own thing.

before covid i was walking 2 hours a day, now i rarely leave my house
lots of neighbors have covid
its hard to exercise in a little rented condo

friends keep telling me it is not safe to walk outside
im not sure if it is safe or not
seems safe to me but they say what if you walk in a place
somebody with covid just walked so you breathe in their air

i still think its pretty safe but yea maybe possible to get covid
in the air outside no idea i heard some family walking by my
window this morning and one was coughing a lot

TrueCrazyLion 06-02-2021 01:28 PM

I’m not exercising at all right now - unless essential walks to the nearest shop count!
During lockdown I’ve found exercise very difficult, because it wasn’t something I was regularly doing before, and obviously gyms - which is where I’d ideally like to go for exercise - have been closed for most of the last year, and my current flat isn’t really suitable for exercising in, as it’s only a fairly small bedsit. So it’s been a bit difficult this last year or so.

I’m kinda hoping that I can get vaccinated against this virus in the not-too-distant future, and then, one of the first things I’m planning to do is work on my fitness.

Miss Hepburn 06-02-2021 03:02 PM

So much on my Total Gym that my friends are in shock ...and don't
wanna say here what they say about my butt! :thumbsup:

KaleHenly 30-03-2021 06:59 PM

Every day. It is Must Have point in your list. If you want to be healthy and strong.

abigailstarr 02-04-2021 05:46 PM

Not enough! :D I need a good regimen to take me from couch potato to mildly active, and go from there.

pdizzle45 06-04-2021 01:24 AM

exercise, like smoking cigarettes or eating a plant based diet....no good for you.

Remember
No exercise (especially biking), inhaling anything, or eating red meat.

Realistically
Smoke while jogging on your way to grab something healthy

inavalan 06-04-2021 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abigailstarr
Not enough! :D I need a good regimen to take me from couch potato to mildly active, and go from there.

Best program I know of:
8 Minutes in the Morning: A Simple Way to Shed Up to 2 Pounds a Week -- Guaranteed by Jorge Cruise
There are several books with similar titles from the same author. This (with the exact title listed above) is his first one and his the best.

I used it, and recommend it.

BigJohn 16-04-2021 04:27 AM

I have been looking at one of my biceps and can not believe how large it has gotten. It is larger then it ever has been and I can not attribute it to any one thing. I have been working about 80 hours a week but that should not make it large because I am not lifting anything of major weight.

inavalan 16-04-2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

I have been looking at one of my biceps and can not believe how large it has gotten. It is larger then it ever has been and I can not attribute it to any one thing. I have been working about 80 hours a week but that should not make it large because I am not lifting anything of major weight.

Muscle conditioning can be optimized for power or for volume. Heavy loads with fewer and slower repetitions favor power development; lighter loads with more and faster repetitions favor volume development. This might be an explanation.

AbodhiSky 19-04-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abigailstarr

same here, i gotta move around!

BigJohn 22-04-2021 08:00 AM

Why not try falling from the couch to the floor?

That is an exercise..... trying to get off the floor back on to the couch! LOL!

mistybelle 28-04-2021 12:02 PM

I do 4 resistance, 2-3 cardio (running) plus daily yoga. I plan 1 to 2 days of rest but like to do a challenge every week. For me it works to do resistance and cardio as “one” workout.

Challenger007 07-05-2021 10:05 AM

I try to do it at least 3 times a week. It was difficult in quarantine because I was used to weight training. But closer to autumn, I bought some sports equipment, but recently I became generous and ordered a Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine. I think now training will go faster and more vigorously.

AbodhiSky 08-05-2021 07:00 PM

i got a couple of 10 pound weights and a staircase from my garage to my living room, i lift the weights as i go up and down the stairs. but then i also have sugar cereal and a spoon.

caramel creamer tastes too good by the way especially the oat milk one. i could put little cups of it at the top and bottom of the stairs to motivate me but that would be self defeating i guess.

will power is everything i think. getting good habits. i think it's ok to be bad sometimes (lay around, eat sweets) as long as we also exercise and eat vegetables. i personally hate vegetables (unless smothered in salad dressing or something) so what i do, what works for me, is i just blend up a bunch of vegi's in the blender everyday and chug it. keeps the tasting down to under a minute.