Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Tarot 101 (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6312)

eyalec 08-12-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Do you have the name of the tarot you were talking about ?

“Oracle Le Manuscript”

In the analysis I use my own astrology knowledge rather than the deck’s mere instructions. Works perfectly.

Shalimar 11-12-2011 04:35 PM

:icon_question:I have a question

If I am not wrong I think I read a post from Norseman saying Tarot 101 is there for Tarot Questions. I didn't really :dontknow: know how to go about it as the only possibility once in the Thread is to "post a reply", so that is what I did, correct me if I'm wrong....

Here is my question:

My daughter got "The Knight of Swords (Reverse) and The Devil (Reverse)" in "The Wisdom of the day" reading (that is the way we call that spread. We don't ask questions when we do that)

Thanks to anyone putting his/hers insight on this reading. If some of you use "reverse" meaning for the Tarot please let us know how you would interpret these 2 cards reversed as that is the way they came up.

I read that some readers who use the "Reverse" give just an opposite meaning, so "positive" cards become "negative" (you lose all the benefits) and vice versa... but others say that it is not totally accurate that in reality the "reverse" is not an opposite but a "diluted" version of the upright card, like if the card loses its strength. Which make "negative" cards like the "3 of Swords" not so dramatic, you are going to get hurt but it won't be so bad... or like for "The Fool" you would not be so enthousiastic, not so careless, not so prompt to believe, you would be more cautious as you go on your journey" So there is a positive aspect to the reverse as sometimes we better act more cautiously.

Anyhow thanks :D to let us know what wisdom the Knight of Swords (R) and the Devil (R) are giving to my daughter.

Peace :icon_flower:

norseman 11-12-2011 05:01 PM

Shalimar, you did it exactly right. Post your question and wait :D for someone to answer.
Afraid I cannot field this one as my tarot [Sacred Circle] does not have a Devil card but, for what it's worth, here is my interpretation of KN. of Swords [rev]
"Beware of a liar who is deceitful and sly. They like to provoke quarrels and put you into tricky situations."

Any use to you ? Sacred Circle is a pagan tarot based on Celtic Mythology and Mysticism, so is often of a different slant.

Just to give the upright meaning
"Be prepared for sudden changes that temporarily throw your life into chaos - could be a new idea or vision, anything which diverts you from your path."
:smile: Sounds really Confucian !

Shalimar 11-12-2011 09:47 PM

Thanks Norseman!:smile:
I read your post to my daughter and she said that yes, the Reversed meaning of the Knight of Swords does make sense to her. She recognizes a relative that loves to put "oil in the fire" and who doesn't mind to lie and slander. She says, she will remain on her guard.
Peace :hug3:

norseman 04-01-2012 06:54 PM

Upsadaisy, back to the top :D

norseman 06-01-2012 01:31 PM

puff, puff, pant, pant - all this climbing back to the top again :D

norseman 19-02-2012 09:08 AM

Page 2 for Tarot 101 ? Ridiculous :D

green 19-02-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Page 2 for Tarot 101 ? Ridiculous :D

what with page 2? puff puff:confused:

G

norseman 19-02-2012 03:38 PM

101 was not even on the same page as the School. Seems like Admin have forgotten my request of Sticky status :D

green 24-02-2012 08:14 AM

a very theoretical question:

what would you do with a deck you don't like or want any more?
i looked at my collection and it is quite a big one and as i'm a bit short of place i was thinking maybe to take out some decks i don't use but actually couldn't bring myself to do so, still i was thinking about what i would do with those decks if...
would it be safe and good to store them somewhere? is it better to give them or store them somewhere and under what conditions?

what would you do with an unused decks.

G

norseman 24-02-2012 09:27 AM

Perhaps trading them like people used to do with cigarette cards. Swap shop in a new thread ?

green 26-02-2012 08:05 PM

hi, i don't think i will be able really to give up/away any of my decks even those i don't want, i did it once with one deck and i regret to that day- even that it was a deck i didn't like and couldn't stand. but i was just wondering what others would do with decks they don't want or like, and how they feel about it, about giving them away of leaving them somewhere.

G

Trieah 26-02-2012 10:59 PM

Good question. I'm not really sure I could give away any of mine either. And I somehow feel that it's not really the deck's fault if I'm not resonating with it all that well. I just think it's me who needs to attune myself to that deck. Of course, I mostly work with oracle decks, because I really like the much wider variety of what it could mean. I have a feeling that not all decks are going to be able to answer each question to the best of it's ability, and maybe that one deck that I rarely use, actually can. That's why I like to close my eyes and feel for which deck is calling out to answer the questions.

So maybe just hang on to those decks, and just see if someday they might be like an enthusiastic student waving their hand feverishly in the air, hoping the teacher will pick them :wink:

LadyTerra 27-02-2012 04:47 AM

Greetings Everyone:

If handled properly--our Tarot Decks are infused w/ our own energy--they are a part of us--so giving one away is like giving away a piece of yourself.

I would REALLY have to trust someone (beyond a shadow of a doubt) to give them one of my Decks (and have never done so).:wink:

I think that if I happened upon a Deck that turned-out to be something that offended (or alarmed) me--I would either destroy it--or lock it in a wooden box.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

norseman 21-04-2012 07:26 AM

Back to the top [again]

LadyVirgoxoxo 21-04-2012 08:25 PM

I gave one of my decks away last summer. It was a difficult deck for me to read, mainly because it was in French. I thought I would buy it though, because I have taken three years of high school French. It still didn't help that much. This was my very first deck, but a friend of mine wanted it, so I gave it to her. She seemed to find more ease in reading the deck than I did, even though she didn't know French! I think it just resonated better with her. Now I have a Rider Waite deck, that's very easy for me to read, but reading tarot isn't really enjoyable for me anymore. I don't know if it is the deck or me. I might give it away one day, but then again maybe I won't, because it is the only tarot deck I have.