Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Please ask me , I will learn from it (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63448)

wstein 15-02-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSEe
judgement on them ......they always entitled to their path , they are always in their learning lesson to discover their emotion same as me ....no one is right or wrong , every one is discovering own emotion by own action / re-action

There is still projection going on here.

Everyone is where they are. They might be learning, on their path, discovering, emoting. On the other hand they might not be. Both just are. There is no need to assign entitlement nor make any assumptions about what they are doing or not doing. They will wander through this lifetime however they wander through. Allow them not because they are entitled or because its their path. Allow them because it’s no concern of yours. Their stuff is not your stuff, it’s not about you.

I don’t help people with their spiritual quests because I want to help them. I do it because it allows me to express my nature (who I am as a being). I act when it is in alignment with who I am. I don’t do it out some misguided presumption that I can do any of their work for them. Turns out that I do help some from time to time but that is not the motivation.

wstein 15-02-2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing ...as in my case "awake" makes me realize that in all my action or re-action or intention should be my total "self" .....being awake to my condition on a particular moment . For example , if I badly need money and someone give me money , by normal re-action , I will take it ........but if I "awake" and focusing on my total emotions , exploring all my emotion ...perhaps I will come to a decision that will less cause regret to me .....

If one is awake they will take the money that they need when it is offered. There is no need for any reflection, any emotion, any focusing, any regret reduction, any realizing, any awareness. It will just spontaneously happen. It will be just as natural and uneventful as lifting your foot in order to start walking.

I hear that realizing and emotion are happening for you. I’m just saying that they don’t need to happen and that they won’t always happen.

Perhaps a story will help here??
I was walking along the sidewalk in Riverside California talking to a friend who was walking beside me. We were coming to a driveway entrance to a small strip mall. I looked left on to the street to see if any traffic would be coming when we got to the drive. Then I notice that I have bent down and my hand is about to grab a $5 bill laying in the gutter. I smiled and watched my hand up pick the $5 bill. I had no awareness of seeing the $5 before I was about to pick it up. I had no recollection of thinking I should pick that up. I had no emotion about finding such a prize. The aware me was solely focused on walking, traffic, and the conversation. There was a brief interruption as I showed my friend the $5 bill as she was wondering what I was doing suddenly bent over. I put it in my wallet and returned to my activity. It would have been entirely possible to have collected the $5 which I would like to have had and put it in my wallet without even being consciously aware of it. The consciously aware part of us is but a tiny fraction of who we are even as a being. Part of being awake is allowing those other parts to participate in the life experience, they are aware too in their own way; and to allow them to do so without ‘checking in’ first.

wstein 15-02-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

and myself is the emotions which I claimed to be mine

The emotions are not you. ‘You’ are the one doing the claiming. You may allow the emotions to affect you or they may be from you. It’s the same with your body, you are not your body. ‘You’ are that which experiences through the body. Emotions, bodies, thoughts, etc. are but tools you may utilize to make up your experience. You are not that experience either, it’s another tool. One easy way to identify tools is that anything you can have/claim is not you.

CSEe 15-02-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
There is still projection going on here.

Everyone is where they are. They might be learning, on their path, discovering, emoting. On the other hand they might not be. Both just are. There is no need to assign entitlement nor make any assumptions about what they are doing or not doing. They will wander through this lifetime however they wander through. Allow them not because they are entitled or because its their path. Allow them because it’s no concern of yours. Their stuff is not your stuff, it’s not about you.

Yes , is easy for me to agree with you on this , but perhaps by realizing that they are just like us , learning , exploring their emotion perhaps we awaken and progress further into seeing no differences .......realizing that there is no others except our self that "others" existence is just a source for us for our own self discovery .......and we are all same and equal in own journey ......so we do not need to allow them or ignore them
.......all action or re-action by anyone or anything is never related to us but provide a great source for us to learn........

I don’t help people with their spiritual quests because I want to help them. I do it because it allows me to express my nature (who I am as a being). I act when it is in alignment with who I am. I don’t do it out some misguided presumption that I can do any of their work for them. Turns out that I do help some from time to time but that is not the motivation.

In human culture / knowledge ,yes providing material , moral support to others human is considered as "helping" others ...but in my current understanding of Buddhism , there is nothing we could help or hurt others simply because there is no others except our self ...we always alone .

CSEe 15-02-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

If one is awake they will take the money that they need when it is offered. There is no need for any reflection, any emotion, any focusing, any regret reduction, any realizing, any awareness. It will just spontaneously happen. It will be just as natural and uneventful as lifting your foot in order to start walking.I hear that realizing and emotion are happening for you. I’m just saying that they don’t need to happen and that they won’t always happen.

In my current view , my life is full of confusion perhaps due to human culture / human knowledge ...we do things as what we think is right and avoid what is generally accepted as wrong .........yes that is human culture ...but awaken to Buddhism , I realized what is knowledge . Knowledge is something we know , something told to us by parent , school , education , friends , society , sciences , by our own experiences etc ...but Buddhism is beyond that knowledge , knowledge is just a tiny little part of Buddhism .......so by culture / knowledge even by custom , I will took the money ...but awaken to Buddhism , I will explore all my emotion , my desire , my fear , my greed , my ego , my love etc which is all the same source and from there decision will be made .........this will avoids any suffering of regrets ...

Perhaps a story will help here??
I was walking along the sidewalk in Riverside California talking to a friend who was walking beside me. We were coming to a driveway entrance to a small strip mall. I looked left on to the street to see if any traffic would be coming when we got to the drive. Then I notice that I have bent down and my hand is about to grab a $5 bill laying in the gutter. I smiled and watched my hand up pick the $5 bill. I had no awareness of seeing the $5 before I was about to pick it up. I had no recollection of thinking I should pick that up. I had no emotion about finding such a prize. The aware me was solely focused on walking, traffic, and the conversation. There was a brief interruption as I showed my friend the $5 bill as she was wondering what I was doing suddenly bent over. I put it in my wallet and returned to my activity. It would have been entirely possible to have collected the $5 which I would like to have had and put it in my wallet without even being consciously aware of it. The consciously aware part of us is but a tiny fraction of who we are even as a being. Part of being awake is allowing those other parts to participate in the life experience, they are aware too in their own way; and to allow them to do so without ‘checking in’ first.

Perhaps your version of being awake is different from me ...in my current view , awake is realization . Realizing own self , realizing own emotion , realizing the reason to act , the reason to re-act , the cause of having intention , the desire of owning such desire etc .......and is never about driving carefully without accident or remembering something or focusing on something .......awake is a condition within our emotion , awake not resulted by desire , or caused by desire to awake or by practicing any method ...awake is that you live in realization not confusion on own self .

CSEe 15-02-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

The emotions are not you. ‘You’ are the one doing the claiming. You may allow the emotions to affect you or they may be from you. It’s the same with your body, you are not your body. ‘You’ are that which experiences through the body. Emotions, bodies, thoughts, etc. are but tools you may utilize to make up your experience. You are not that experience either, it’s another tool. One easy way to identify tools is that anything you can have/claim is not you.

Perhaps your version of "you" or "me" is different from myself ...in my current view , "ME" is nothingness - the universal condition of all living or non-living and...MYSELF is emotion of all my desire , love , greed , ego , fear etc ....my emotion is the cause of my existence and myself will continue to exist as long as there is desire , will ,fear , hate , ego , greed etc...Buddhism is the natural process that will ending myself , freeing all emotion leading into emptiness back into nothingness - The Buddha

So is myself ( my emotion ) owning others or creating desire to own others .....is always myself that causing suffering or joy ...........

running 15-02-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Perhaps you is judging base on your own personal reason , for that you are entitled to your view ........a shoe will looks bigger if you place it on the table , and looks smaller if on the floor and even cant be seen after 100 meters from you ...the shoe is never changing it sizes , you are .........
So if we are looking on others to fit in our knowledge , we will always confused ourselves as knowledge is something we know on a particular moment .....is always subject to change .
So if you wish to accept my view is a form of religion , it will always provide reasons to fit in your view.......
To me , awaken to Buddhism , I realized that Buddhism is all about learning , discovering never finding reason to fit in or gain knowledge .........
I debate not to seek agreement , by just debating I will learn ........and learning a tiny little part of Buddhism , is just like a piece of sand that makes a building...I hope you stay and share with me ....

Enjoying feeling well is a judgement. For example if I smashed your hand with a hammer it would be painful. I agree with you on those things being a judgement.

I'm fairly certain anyone including you would rather not have your hand smashed. From what I can tell all humans you and I would rather not have a hand smashed. Or be in any other major painful experience. Everything from what I have seen seeks pleasure over pain.

Show me someone whom isn't bothered by any amount of pain ever. Meaning before, during, and after the incident Then I will say what your describing is not a religion. Until then its at best philosophy.

I can't say I don't enjoy reading your thoughts. Like I said earlier we are all entitled to believe whatever. Although there may be no point. Its fun an ways. So yeah I will keep posting.

CSEe 15-02-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by running
Enjoying feeling well is a judgement. For example if I smashed your hand with a hammer it would be painful. I agree with you on those things being a judgement.

I'm fairly certain anyone including you would rather not have your hand smashed. From what I can tell all humans you and I would rather not have a hand smashed. Or be in any other major painful experience. Everything from what I have seen seeks pleasure over pain.

Show me someone whom isn't bothered by any amount of pain ever. Meaning before, during, and after the incident Then I will say what your describing is not a religion. Until then its at best philosophy.

I can't say I don't enjoy reading your thoughts. Like I said earlier we are all entitled to believe whatever. Although there may be no point. Its fun an ways. So yeah I will keep posting.

As I have said , learning is tiny part of Buddhism , I never deny knowledge is also a tiny part of Buddhism ...so every one choose joy over sadness , pleasure over pain it is realization not desire .......I guess you would agree if I say if I ask you to choose pain over pleasure , certainly is never be something you need to choose ...you will decide on joy because that is your realization . ..because you already beyond that level of experiencing joy or pleasure , beyond knowledge of joy or pleasure ......you will choose " right" choice , but that right choice is never is a choice because you never had a choice because you will never choose pain over pleasure .....you learned from being painful , your action suffering pain had teaches you ...so that is never be something bad because it has become a factor that change you .......so there is no good or bad , true or false , right or wrong in Buddhism , as you had learn from all ..........so this realization on your path is Buddhism ...you learn , you discover , you realize , you progress into greater understanding , realization of your emotion ..............Buddhism is realization on your emotion , with such realization you never need to choose because you realize what the emotion .......... the path is clear , the journey is "less painful" ........that is awaken to Buddhism ......perhaps all religion talk about beliefs or faith .......perhaps that is the key of a religion , in my current view of Buddhism , faith or beliefs is creation and attachment on emotion and that is travelling into longer journey ...Buddhism is realization of your emotion , your existence , cause of your existence ...realization of yourself.....so how can Buddhism a religion if faith is perhaps opposite path ?..

wstein 16-02-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Perhaps your version of "you" or "me" is different from myself ...in my current view , "ME" is nothingness - the universal condition of all living or non-living and...MYSELF is emotion of all my desire , love , greed , ego , fear etc ....my emotion is the cause of my existence and myself will continue to exist as long as there is desire , will ,fear , hate , ego , greed etc...Buddhism is the natural process that will ending myself , freeing all emotion leading into emptiness back into nothingness - The Buddha

So is myself ( my emotion ) owning others or creating desire to own others .....is always myself that causing suffering or joy ...........

I think we agree that the (ultimate) 'ME' is the nothingness.

Where we disagree is what is 'myself'. To me the 'myself' is the incarnate being having an experience. It is the part of being-ness that remains after awakening. I don't consider emotion of all my desire , love , greed , ego , fear etc to be myself. Those are the illusions that are released through awakening.

BlueSky 16-02-2014 01:17 AM

"I think we agree that the (ultimate) 'ME' is the nothingness." Wstein

Did you reason that? Did you see that?