Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Sugar is good for me! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128002)

Taking a Break 05-05-2019 11:58 AM

I would like to experience life without the need of food, don't get me wrong I like food and all sweetness, especially chocolate.
When I'm not hungry I'm so happy and satisfied to consciously breath oxygen.

Rah nam 05-05-2019 12:34 PM

We all make choices and those choices are simply reflecting the position we are at on our journey.

WildHairedWoman 07-05-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think it's counter productive to demonise certain foods. Can make for craving.

Exactly! I agree, there is a trend I have noticed since the 70's of marketing that demonizes one substance that we use every day in order to sell a substitute. The problem is, the substitute is not healthy and the original product in moderation is. in the 70's it was sugar, in the 80's it was fat, in the 90's it was carbs, then it was "gluten", etc. Our body needs sugars and fats and carbs as well as protein to function properly. If you don't have enough fat in your diet you can't think properly.

JosephineB 07-05-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
As the Chinese saying goes, if you grave certain foods, your body had to much of it already.

That's a good saying. I can't get enough cake.

iamthat 07-05-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Exactly! I agree, there is a trend I have noticed since the 70's of marketing that demonizes one substance that we use every day in order to sell a substitute. The problem is, the substitute is not healthy and the original product in moderation is. in the 70's it was sugar, in the 80's it was fat, in the 90's it was carbs, then it was "gluten", etc. Our body needs sugars and fats and carbs as well as protein to function properly. If you don't have enough fat in your diet you can't think properly.

It depends on the sugar substitute. Aspartame was widely used and this has been associated with all sorts of health issues. Stevia is a natural substitute for sugar but if you buy it off the shelf it is worth checking the ingredients.

If you are going to eat sugar then the original product in moderation may be healthiest, but unfortunately the sugar in supermarket products is usually processed sugar - pure, white and deadly. I don't understand why food manufacturers have to add sugar to savoury products, even a loaf of bread. The natural sugar-free alternatives are usually much more expensive, so many people end up buying the cheaper version with sugar.

Peace.

iamthat 07-05-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I would like to experience life without the need of food, don't get me wrong I like food and all sweetness, especially chocolate.
When I'm not hungry I'm so happy and satisfied to consciously breath oxygen.

You may be interested in reading Life from Light by Michael Werner and Thomas Stockli.

Peace.

WildHairedWoman 07-05-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
It depends on the sugar substitute. Aspartame was widely used and this has been associated with all sorts of health issues. Stevia is a natural substitute for sugar but if you buy it off the shelf it is worth checking the ingredients.

If you are going to eat sugar then the original product in moderation may be healthiest, but unfortunately the sugar in supermarket products is usually processed sugar - pure, white and deadly. I don't understand why food manufacturers have to add sugar to savoury products, even a loaf of bread. The natural sugar-free alternatives are usually much more expensive, so many people end up buying the cheaper version with sugar.

Peace.

There is an evil plot afoot. Really, some processed food companies are owned by chemical companies that also own pharmaceutical companies.

MissCreativeSpirit 12-05-2019 09:41 PM

Seriously, "SUGAR is GOOD FOR ME!"

Taking a Break 12-05-2019 11:15 PM

Please explain......
Hummingbirds and butterflies love nectar.

Rah nam 13-05-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Please explain......
Hummingbirds and butterflies love nectar.

Which is very different to sucrose.
When ever one isolates a substance from a food source, like flour, sucrose from beet or cane, one runs into trouble health wise.