Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Hurricane Watch (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125105)

Lucky 1 25-07-2020 02:43 AM

Update.......as of this evening......tropical storm Hanna is expected to be a catagory 1 hurricane by the time it makes landfall on the lower Texas coast tommorow

Lucky 1 25-07-2020 01:34 PM

So Hanna has in fact been upgraded to hurricane status and will hit the coast early this afternoon.

The wind and rain are already pounding us pretty hard

Lucky 1 24-08-2020 08:03 PM

So now we have not one but two hurricanes lurking in the gulf! Marco and Laura

So far, it looks like both of them will make landfall well east of where I live....but you never know because things can change pretty quick so we're keeping an eye on them!

Native spirit 24-08-2020 10:05 PM

Keep safe whatever happens with the weather

Namaste

BigJohn 25-08-2020 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky 1
So now we have not one but two hurricanes lurking in the gulf! Marco and Laura

So far, it looks like both of them will make landfall well east of where I live....but you never know because things can change pretty quick so we're keeping an eye on them!

Marco is a tropical depression and
Laura is forecast to be a hurricane on USA's Tuesday (8/25/2020.

bobjob 25-08-2020 08:15 AM

These huge tropical storms can be massively destructive and those most directly affected by them are understandably concerned. Interestingly, though, my own tiny country can also be impacted by remnants of them traveling thousands of miles our way courtesy of an often displaced jetstream.

Climate and environment are things I find fascinating even though I don't have any detailed understanding of either, just a layman's interest in how they work and how they're changing.

BigJohn 25-08-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
These huge tropical storms can be massively destructive and those most directly affected by them are understandably concerned. Interestingly, though, my own tiny country can also be impacted by remnants of them traveling thousands of miles our way courtesy of an often displaced jetstream.

Climate and environment are things I find fascinating even though I don't have any detailed understanding of either, just a layman's interest in how they work and how they're changing.

When it comes to hurricanes, I generally try to look at the origin of the hurricane. If it originated on or off the coast of Africa, I assume it might be a really big one!

bobjob 25-08-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
When it comes to hurricanes, I generally try to look at the origin of the hurricane. If it originated on or off the coast of Africa, I assume it might be a really big one!

I am always more interested in /concerned by the likely track of any hurricane, whatever its origin. As for size we should remember even a 'small' one can pack a big punch if it hits a vulnerable region.

In my two homelands I live a long way away from hurricane tracks I'm pleased to say. Same goes for earthquakes and wild-fires!

Clover 25-08-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

RIGHT NOW: The latest National Hurricane Center update said “significant strengthening is forecast during the next 36 hours, and Laura is expected to be a major hurricane at landfall” early Thursday.

The anticipation of watching these never cease to amaze me. Anything goes with these storms. They grow, die or change directions :sad3:

Lucky 1 26-08-2020 04:33 PM

Well....Hurricane Laura is expected to make landfall tonight or tomorrow morning about on the Texas-Louisiana border as a Cat 3 or 4....its well to the East-Northeast of where I'm at....i'll probably just get a bunch of rain and 30ish MPH winds.

A big problem I see though is that's right about on Port Arthur Texas....why is that bad???

Because that's the oil refinery hub of the U.S....where the vast amount of gasoline is produced....and those refinery's are already shutting down for the storm.....and if they are damaged and slow to start back up...gasoline could get sqarce (and expensive) pretty quick!