Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   God in human form (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102981)

Baile 09-01-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Sometimes I muck around with the "I am God" thing, but I am never really serious about it.

Oh I'm not really God. And I am. But I'm not. And am.

Shivani Devi 09-01-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
Oh I'm not really God. And I am. But I'm not. And am.

LOL...yup, the same! I totally get you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcMM5-zBCEc

Baile 09-01-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
Anything you'd like to teach me? Also please be brief

Your God Is Not God

A man who believes in God can never find God. If you are open to reality, there can be no belief in reality. If you are open to the unknown, there can be no belief in it. After all, belief is a form of self-protection, and only a petty mind can believe in God. The mind can only project an image, but that projection is not real; so your god is not God, it is an image of your own making, an image of your own gratification. Only when the mind is wholly silent, completely inactive, not projecting, when it is not seeking and is utterly still -- only then that which is eternal and timeless comes into being. ~Krishnamurti

Hope that was brief enough, I trimmed it way down!

-NorthernLights- 09-01-2017 08:47 PM

More like, 'God' in every form...

Baile 09-01-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

LOL...yup, the same! I totally get you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcMM5-zBCEc

You got it! :wink:

shivatar 09-01-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Exactly and I believe that too.

I have felt God's love in my heart and we have joined together in that love - that which we both share. I have also felt like a merging with the God essence, like being bathed in Love and Light until I become totally and fully immersed in it, losing my sense of 'self' or who "I" am, but to say that 'I am God' because of it, doesn't ring true with me either.

I have also felt this unconditional love with another...only once and the relationship went way, way beyond the boundaries of a normal male/female relationship. I didn't know it then, but I know it now.

How can you recognize it now but not then?

What does it feel like?

Curious. ^_^

shivatar 09-01-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Your God Is Not God

A man who believes in God can never find God. If you are open to reality, there can be no belief in reality. If you are open to the unknown, there can be no belief in it. After all, belief is a form of self-protection, and only a petty mind can believe in God. The mind can only project an image, but that projection is not real; so your god is not God, it is an image of your own making, an image of your own gratification. Only when the mind is wholly silent, completely inactive, not projecting, when it is not seeking and is utterly still -- only then that which is eternal and timeless comes into being. ~Krishnamurti

Krishnamurti, them's fighting words son!! put your dukes up good sir, we're about to slap battle.

Molearner 09-01-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

"God in Human Form"

It all has to do with our perception. There are those of us who say we are all God and it has also been said in this thread.

God can appear in human form, but we often don't see this at the time, because we are too full of our own emotions and importance, placing more emphasis on those..

The Necromancer,

You have identified the crux of the problem.....perception. Jesus said in Matthew 13:15......"For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them".

Open hearts and open minds go together......they work in conjunction. In explaining the parable of the sower, Jesus said in vs. 22....."The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this world and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful".

i.e. there are those of us who hear the word but become distracted by our peripheral vision and lose focus. With focus we could see God among us.

Shivani Devi 09-01-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Your God Is Not God

I'm going to go all rebellious now and disagree with Krishanmurti.

A (wo)man who believes in God and loves God unconditionally and surrenders their ego to God can find God. It starts with "I believe God exists" and ends with "I know God exists" so he is right about believing vs knowing however to say 'only a petty mind believes' is pretty hard, because it all starts off as a belief. I know that my chosen 'image of God' is a popular Hindu deity, but hey, that's how He's always appeared before me and basically (not totally) what He looks like to my 'inner eyes'...but yeah, you have to kill Buddha to become a Buddha...and resurrect Buddha again and again, just so he can be killed over and over because that's where the fun is to be had. I often say that I created the separation between myself and Shiva just so I can enjoy the total unifying bliss of joining with Him again...but I still know He exists as a separate entity because I don't recall creating the universe...

Baile 09-01-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
For this people's heart has become calloused... With focus we could see God among us.

Sure Molearner, we can see God or Creation in everything and everyone. Even most non-religious types would concede that. But that's a far cry from religious beliefs about God as a being, who comes to earth in human form. People agree with 50% of what you're saying here, yet you condemn them for not believing the other 50%.