Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   unconditional love, regardless of others' ignorance (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35584)

Xan 15-05-2012 09:28 PM

I see what you mean, Charlie. At least you know enough to feel shame about the falseness of the ego. That's important.

Xan

Charliemcsnarly 15-05-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
I see what you mean, Charlie. At least you know enough to feel shame about the falseness of the ego. That's important.

Xan

Thank you, yeah I guess that's the first step isn't it?

Xan 15-05-2012 09:46 PM

It's a big step anyway. Self-awareness and learning how to choose differently.

Xan

Charliemcsnarly 16-05-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
It's a big step anyway. Self-awareness and learning how to choose differently.

Xan

That's pretty reassuring at least. Although now you'll tell me it's the ego that needs the reassurance :D

It's one thing knowing the shame you feel is egoic, and another thing KNOWING so you no longer feel the shame, guilt etc. Accepting isn't as easy as just accepting. There seems to be so much in the way of being able to fully accept. It feels like overcoming the ego is a long hard process, am I wrong?

Xan 17-05-2012 02:00 AM

Yes.. letting go of our involvement with ego-mind is a gradual process. We can only begin where we are, learning to accept and let go each step of the way.

Xan

Charliemcsnarly 17-05-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
Yes.. letting go of our involvement with ego-mind is a gradual process. We can only begin where we are, learning to accept and let go each step of the way.

Xan

Thank you Xan.

Nada 17-05-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly

How do you have unconditional love for everyone when they display such stubborness and arrogance. It's a tough one.

Do not stress yourself by trying to love unconditionally.
Love has nothing to do with spiritual awakening. Love is just that, an emotional state.
Unconditional love has nothing to do with spiritual awakening.

However, unconditional acceptance has everything to do with spiritual awakening.

One can not love the darksides of human monsters and their evil intentions.
However, one can unconditionally accept the fact that they too have to exist so others can learn the meaning of humanity through their evil actions.

Accept the fact that stupidity and injustice have to co-exist with enlightenment and good. - so the values of enlightenment and good can be cherished.

Unconditionally accept that we are in this together. Our souls travel through time and space. We are just a vehicle for their journey.

Charliemcsnarly 17-05-2012 09:27 PM

Thank you Nada that was very helpful, I'm slowly learning that acceptance is the key.

Is love really just an emotional state though? What most humans call love yeah. But that unconditional love that comes when one is able to sit back far enough and see the bigger picture, that feels pretty pure.

Nada 17-05-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Is love really just an emotional state though?

Yeah, love itself is an emotional state.
But also yeah, there is the ""unconditional" love that is different that mere emotional state.

Unconditional love is like a mother's love for her baby that can not be reasoned or questioned (I am talking about a stable and normal loving mom).
Or
The eternal emotional embrace that we have for those souls who have traveled together for many lives and that can not be broken.
Or
Our own self love that comes after we finally accept who we are...even after many failures

Yeah, so I am with you on this. There are unconditional loves around but it is not directed towards all.

Xan 17-05-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Is love really just an emotional state though? What most humans call love yeah. But that unconditional love that comes when one is able to sit back far enough and see the bigger picture, that feels pretty pure.

You have discovered it... pure love for no reason.

Emotional love is the outer heart through which we may connect with others.

Love Itself is the essence of being through which everything is connected.

Xan