Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Love & Relationships -Friends and Family (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Antisocial people hidding behind their mask of sanity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=99616)

smilingsun 12-04-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randahl
I wouldn't mind giving people advice on how to handle stressful situations with a P, or just simply give some clarity on past experiences to help get some kind of closure. But usually people who have had such experiences become very hateful when they know where I'm coming from and it becomes impossible to communicate. In fact, I see a lot more people spewing hate here than in forums specifically for Ps. A lot more. Let that sink in for a while. Empathy does not necessarily make people peaceful and loving. My favorite spiritual people are those who profess unconditional love to everyone and all, and then in the same breath proceed to call me names and and all the bad things they think of me.

As I said, I'm not going into specifics about the condition. Besides not even the experts are agreeing on what whether sociopaths and psychopaths are the same or not. There's plenty online to find. I don't mind answering specific questions from my own subjective perspective.

I rather think that the condition comes from what was done to me in past life, because I can remember it. Please don't blame it on me for past choices, because you are then blaming an innocent child who I feel very protective about.

My girlfriend and I are really having a twin connection. Our relation could not have anything but a constructive and positive effect on both of us. It's not just the crazy stalker love that most here seem to talk about. In a sense she is me and I would never do anything that's negative to her. I don't think I'll even ever get angry with her. Yeah, other girlfriends have been emotionally hurt by me. But that an entirely different kind of relationship, and I don't see any reason to compare them. The TF connection is something deeper than what you could have between a parent and child. She's extremely empathic and intelligent, but I didn't "choose to date her", we just happened to meet and I could not choose to NOT be her partner. It's not a choice to be hers anymore than it is a choice to wake up every morning and breathe air.

If what you say is true then you're not a psychopath, you made a wrong diagnose on yourself.

https://www.psychopathfree.com/conte...o-Idealization

http://psychopathsandlove.com/stages...-relationship/

http://www.thenarcissisticpersonalit...l-mate-effect/

Hippiegirl 12-04-2016 09:28 PM

@arnicamontana, did you have a personal experience with a P?

I've read a lot on those sites you are referring too. I think they make some good points there but I also believe that it's not the whole story. Psychopathy is a very complex subject. Yes, it's true that Ps are very hard to reach but it's not impossible. If you're interested in a more optimistic view on the subject look on youtube fir the video "David Berstein - reparenting a psychopath". This is a very educated man who worked with psychopathic offenders for over 20 years. He's developed a new therapy and goes against the believe that psychopaths cannot be helped in anyway. I respect him for this.

However, if you are recovering from abuse I can fully understand you're not interested and that's fine too. Just wanted to say that there are more perspectives on this very complex subjects. People with psychopathy have effects of their condition on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level.

Last thing I want to say is that real TF relationships go beyond the "normal" rules. So why wouldn't it be possible that a TF can reach a P? Maybe still unlikely, but impossible?!

Lorelyen 12-04-2016 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnicamontana
I think we don't talk exactly about the same things when we use the term psychology. I was using it more in the sense of knowing deeply once's mind rather than putting people into boxes. Carl Jung for example was very spiritual, even mystical and yet he was a psychologist.
Humanistic, transpersonnal and perhaps positive psychology can be beneficial to spiritual growth.

I can't disagree with your appraisal of Carl Jung.

But to me, he like a few early psychologists did concern themselves with the mystical/spiritual/metaphysical when it was thought some progress could be made. Alfred Adler was another one. Perhaps Jung more than anyone made further development with the spiritual more difficult. As psychobiology and the behaviourists took off, it turned more to observable results and observation. I think the days of Jung are over now because a number of other fields came into play, new philosophies which kind of took over from the noumenal, spiritual field of study - which does not detract from Jung's influence today at all. He kind of sits on the fence.

The clue to me came with the term psychology itself - law of the mind whcih means generalisation. But you raise a good point with Jung. One sage I tended to follow, Michael Bertiaux, drew much from Jung.

smilingsun 12-04-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hippiegirl

I've read a lot on those sites you are referring too. I think they make some good points there but I also believe that it's not the whole story. Psychopathy is a very complex subject. Yes, it's true that Ps are very hard to reach but it's not impossible. If you're interested in a more optimistic view on the subject look on youtube fir the video "David Berstein - reparenting a psychopath". This is a very educated man who worked with psychopathic offenders for over 20 years. He's developed a new therapy and goes against the believe that psychopaths cannot be helped in anyway. I respect him for this.

I know someone who had a relatively short experience with a P and realized the truth after having read these articles, and who struggled with C-PTSD and cognitive dissonance as a result of such a relationship. I'm almost convinced there is a narcissist in my extended family who has caused some harm. And you, do you know a P ? I have checked your link,i'll do in more details but i've some doubts, i think it's entirely depends on the free will of the individual.I have a spiritual understanding that while it's the minority, some people are consciously on the negative spiritual path of evolution and are mocking those on the positive path; i think that psychopath fits very well that description.

Quote:

Last thing I want to say is that real TF relationships go beyond the "normal" rules.

AH a happier subject :hug3: , have you had a TF relationship ? It would be a great thing, perhaps i will meet my TF one day or perhaps not
but i'm happy either way.

Randahl 12-04-2016 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arnicamontana

Thanks, I guess?
But this is why we shouldn't have the discussion about the definition of P. You disregard my decades of experience as being one and the judgement of psychologists that have spent decades of their life studying it and have been in countless sessions with me. But you want me to accept your diagnosis after reading a few lines of text here? Common. I'm not getting into this discussion as I've said over and over.

But yeah, being in a TF relationship is making making me less P, that's the very point I'm trying to say here. You seem wiser than most, but don't jump to conclusions :)

Randahl 12-04-2016 11:53 PM

Quote:

However, if you are recovering from abuse I can fully understand you're not interested and that's fine too. Just wanted to say that there are more perspectives on this very complex subjects. People with psychopathy have effects of their condition on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level.

Last thing I want to say is that real TF relationships go beyond the "normal" rules. So why wouldn't it be possible that a TF can reach a P? Maybe still unlikely, but impossible?!

Well said!!
This is the kind of openminded thinking a was hoping and expecting to find more here at this forum. Unfortunately people here are generally less openminded about new concepts. Ironical when you think about the scientifically untestable claims they want others to take at face value lol.

smilingsun 13-04-2016 08:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks, I guess?
But this is why we shouldn't have the discussion about the definition of P. You disregard my decades of experience as being one and the judgement of psychologists that have spent decades of their life studying it and have been in countless sessions with me. But you want me to accept your diagnosis after reading a few lines of text here? Common. I'm not getting into this discussion as I've said over and over.

But yeah, being in a TF relationship is making making me less P, that's the very point I'm trying to say here. You seem wiser than most, but don't jump to conclusions :)

It wasn't about you randahl. It wouldn't be fair, i don't pretend to know you.

These article were to point out the classical behavior of P, identical to the one my friend met and also reminds me of a possible narcissist in my extended family and an other possible one at work.

Quote:

I wouldn't mind giving people advice on how to handle stressful situations with a P, or just simply give some clarity on past experiences to help get some kind of closure.

Could you give us some advice, Randahl ?

Hippiegirl 13-04-2016 10:17 AM

First of all I want to say that I think you’re absolutely right about that it is important to talk about the subject of Ps and toxic people. Most of the time an encounter with a P is destructive for the person in question, like with your friend. PTSD is a terrible thing as I know from firsthand experience and I wish your friend all the best and hope he will be able to heal from it. I think it is very important to recognize abuse early on so that you can protect yourself from it and walk away in an early stadium.

Having said that, the reason I joined the discussion is because I am the TF girlfriend Randahl was talking about. There are so many things I can say about my personal journey that I don’t know where to start. If you’re interested, feel free to ask questions. I’ll be happy to answer them. I can tell from you’re posts that you’re an open-minded and sensitive person :smile:.

My spiritual view on what psychopathy is has some similarities with your view but there are also some differences. I agree with you that there is darkness. When I met Randahl he was in a very dark place and he agrees with me on that. We started talking online and anonymously. He was on a forum talking about his psychopathy because he felt the need to share things about it and because it was anonymous there were no real life consequences for him doing so. I contacted him because I had two periods in my life where I had suddenly very strong P traits. As I indeed identify myself as an empath you can probably understand how confusing this was for me and the people close to me. I started talking to him because I was looking for answers for myself, about what happened to me. I thought it would be helpful to have more insight in the internal world of a P. I picked him because there was some sense of recognition. Now I understand that it was the TF connection that brought this feeling of recognition. But I didn’t realize it at the time.

Soon after we started talking all these very intense spiritual things started happening. I’ve had so much confirmation that he really is my twin flame that I don’t even know where to start to list them. Also the timing of me contacting him was very interesting. At the time he was very ambivalent about being a P and struggled with experiencing this constant void. As you probably know, because you’ve clearly done your research, Ps struggle with an enormous sense of emptiness and boredom on a daily basis. I found him at the time there was some window of opportunity, he could be reached. I think the reason that I could reach him was because of the TF connection and also because he was open to it at the time. Real twin flame love is so strong that it pierces through everything.

I want to make clear that it is absolutely NOT my intention to minimize any negative and destructive experiences victims of Ps have had. I don’t think our story is the norm. And most of the time it is probably better to just walk away.

Lastly, I want to share a fragment of a poem that sums up so perfectly how it was for me in the beginning:
And in the luck of night
In secret places where no other spied
I went without my sight
Without a light to guide
Except the heart that lit me from inside.

It guided me and shone
Surer than noonday sunlight over me,
And lead me to the one
Whom only I could see
Deep in a place where only we could be.

Tanemon 13-04-2016 02:58 PM

I hope this isn't out of place, but since this has veered into a discussion of psychology/psycholgists, maybe I’ll be excused for adding…

It’s true that “experimental psychology” (such as Behaviourism) and psychobiology tend to be disinterested in spirituality as we tend to see it and discuss it on SpiritualForums, just as Freud’s psychoanalysis was. Jung was one of the more questing and open-minded because his personal experiences didn’t fit within the boxes. Jung was also a traveler who was interested in the experiences and outlooks of peoples he visited in Africa and in the Native-American communities of the southwestern U.S. He did not “classify and condemn” so much.

Today, psychologists of the “transpersonal” vein are well aware of Jung’s outlook and contributions, but as the decades have unfolded they’ve gone further in various ways. They are definitely interested in spirituality, and not prone to generalization for dogmatic purposes.

I came across a really interesting book by Dr. Stanislav Grof titled When the Impossible Happens, one of the numerous books Grof has written, but this one is autobiographical. Grof ws trained as a medical doctor and psychoanalyst in Czechoslovakia during the Iron Curtain days. But one of his mentors was working with lysergic acid diethyl amide, and an initial experience with that immediately converted Grof to a Jungian outlook. From there, he emigrated to the U.S. and went on to explore yoga meditation, meet visiting gurus, try (and then develop) personal growth methods, etc. Eventually he traveled to places to experience other, indigenous cultures - such as ones in Brasil and Australia. I can tell you that Grof - and all of the transpersonalists - are quite different from what your image of a psychologist (and his way of viewing things and working) may be!

Belle 13-04-2016 03:42 PM

"There's no such thing as sanity and that's the sanest fact"

Dire straits :-)