Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Films (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Favourite Film Quotes (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19912)

vicky3619 02-03-2012 11:55 AM

it's a dialogue between alice and the mad hatter in Alice In wonderland (by tim burton)

''The mad hatter : Have I gone mad ?
Alice : I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret; all the best people are. ''

Arcturus 11-03-2012 10:47 PM

from one of my fave movies: Sin City.
the character Marv, played by Mickey Rourke, is the most accomplished piece of acting i've ever had the pleasure to watch, so complete in every way, and one of the best quotes in it::

Marv: There aint no squaring it with the board. This aint no bar room brawl or some creep with a gas can trying to torch someone, hey this is big!

Lucille: Settle down Marv.

Marv: There aint not settling down!! This is blood for blood and by the gallon. These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left. And I'm ready for war.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAEJedBQk7s

iolite 14-03-2012 02:03 PM

Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death! Auntie Mame 1958

Solace733 14-03-2012 05:03 PM

David: "It is too late, my blood is in your veins..."
Michael: " So is Mine!"

The Lost Boys

LeanBrahman1 01-04-2012 08:44 PM

V: [Evey pulls out her mace] I can assure you I mean you no harm.
Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
Evey Hammond: Oh. Right.
V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.
V: VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves "V" into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
V: [giggles]
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking with?
Evey Hammond: I'm Evey.
V: Evey? E-V. Of course you are.
Evey Hammond: What does that mean?
V: It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence. Are you hurt?

LeanBrahman1 02-04-2012 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicky3619
it's a dialogue between alice and the mad hatter in Alice In wonderland (by tim burton)

''The mad hatter : Have I gone mad ?
Alice : I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret; all the best people are. ''

That was a great movie

Mountain-Goat 07-04-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeanBrahman1
V: [Evey pulls out her mace] I can assure you I mean you no harm.
Evey Hammond: Who are you?
V: Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask.
Evey Hammond: Well I can see that.
V: Of course you can. I'm not questioning your powers of observation; I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.
Evey Hammond: Oh. Right.
V: But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona.
V: VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
[carves "V" into poster on wall]
V: The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
V: [giggles]
V: Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so. But to whom, might I ask, am I speaking with?
Evey Hammond: I'm Evey.
V: Evey? E-V. Of course you are.
Evey Hammond: What does that mean?
V: It means that I, like God, do not play with dice and do not believe in coincidence. Are you hurt?

Classic lines from classic movie.

Mountain-Goat 07-04-2012 07:58 PM

~flexees muscles~
"HULK SMASH !" - FROM HULK FAVOURITE MOVIE , THE INCREDIBLE HULK

bloke 09-04-2012 12:02 PM

"Nothing is impossible, Mr. Angier. What you want is simply expensive."

The Prestige

Henri77 16-04-2012 05:55 PM

Pretty much anything Samual Jackson says,
in Pulp Fiction.

bloke 22-08-2017 11:28 AM

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Magnum Force

(I have been pondering this lately.)

ocean breeze 22-08-2017 07:00 PM

"Gawd, you think you're safe and alive. You're already dead, everybody. Him, you, you're DEAD already. This whole place, everything you see is GONE. You're the one living in a f*****g dream!" - Sarah Connor in Terminator 2

"You know behind the phenomenal difference there is but one story. And that's the story of moving from the "no" to the "yes." All of life is like "no thank you," "no thank you," "no thank you," then ultimately it's "Yes, i give in," "yes, i accept," "yes, i embrace." I mean that's the journey." - Waking Life.

"From the moment i fell down that rabbit hole i've been told where i must go and who i must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched, and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice and of not being Alice but this is my dream, i'll decide where it goes from here......I'll make the path." - Alice in Wonderland (the movie)

dream jo 09-09-2017 09:29 PM

hi

https://youtu.be/K5pZ86G4y9w

Kine Lea 10-09-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
"From the moment i fell down that rabbit hole i've been told where i must go and who i must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched, and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice and of not being Alice but this is my dream, i'll decide where it goes from here......I'll make the path." - Alice in Wonderland (the movie)

"When in court," said the Queen of Hearts, "you must take off your hat!".
"But your Majesty", replied the Mad Hatter, "this is not my hat."

- Miranda Richardson and Martin Short (1999 TV film)

dream jo 05-11-2017 08:12 PM

u dnt wnt 2 get struk by litingg or no doc doc

MicroMacro 11-11-2017 04:53 PM

Oracle "You're cuter than I thought. I can see why she likes you."
Neo "Who?"
Oracle "Not too bright, though..." (Smile)

EndoftheRoad 12-11-2017 04:56 AM

“Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight”
-Batman(1989)

ocean breeze 15-11-2017 06:53 AM

"You seem as if you like to talk. I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it easier to find out how full of sh*t they are." - Jackie Chan in Rush Hour.

Kine Lea 16-11-2017 12:23 AM

"MALEFICIO"

Daryl Van Horne

AmberLarson 17-11-2017 02:27 PM

"Happiness only real when shared" - Into the Wild

ocean breeze 19-11-2017 08:04 AM

"The trick is to combine your waking rational abilities with the infinite possibilities of your dreams. Because if you can do that, you can do anything.

Ever had a job you hated? Worked really hard at. Long, hard day of work then finally you get to go home, go to bed, close your eyes. And immediately wake up and realize your whole day at work had been just a dream. Its bad enough you sell your waking life for minimum wage but now they get your dreams for free."

- Waking Life

Clover 03-12-2017 12:19 AM

"What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary. ”

― George Bailey
It's a wonderful Life -- Lasso the Moon

Kine Lea 13-12-2017 07:38 PM

"The Freedom for Animals Association on Second Avenue is the secret headquarters of the Army of the Twelve Monkeys.

Have a Merry Christmas."

- Dr. Kathryn Railly

12 Monkeys (1995)

Lucky 1 14-12-2017 02:21 AM

If you're going to shoot! ...Shoot!!!.... Don't talk!!!

Tuco the Bandit

From the Good, The Bad and the Ugly

ocean breeze 17-12-2017 06:05 AM

"You have a divine animal right to protect your own life and the life of your offspring." - Enough

angelic star 17-12-2017 11:50 AM

" Never hate your enemies. It clouds your judgement " Michael Corleone , Godfather

Kine Lea 17-12-2017 11:43 PM

"Wanna know what you get out of it? You get the ice cream, the hot fudge, the banana and the nuts. Right now I get the sprinkles, and ya - if this goes thru, I get the cherry. But you get the sundae Vinny. You get the sundae."

- Jared Vennett
(aka Greg Lippmann)

The Big Short

CrystalKitty777 19-12-2017 02:51 AM

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
Galadriel to Frodo, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Golden Angel 27-12-2017 12:13 AM

Look Daddy, teacher say's, every time a bell rings, an Angel gets it's wings,
By Zuzu Bailey Its a wonderful life.

Lucky 1 27-12-2017 02:37 AM

"We're going to need a bigger boat"!!!!

From the movie "Jaws"

Nature Grows 27-12-2017 08:50 AM

[center]

Nature Grows 27-12-2017 08:56 AM

double post <3

Nature Grows 27-12-2017 09:16 AM

angelic star 25-01-2018 01:47 AM

" The door is locked "
" In that case create your own door " ~ Pan's Labyrinth

angelic star 25-01-2018 02:06 AM

" It is better to help people than garden gnomes " Amelie

SierraNevadaStar 02-03-2018 09:49 PM

I have many...My family references film quotes a lot of the time and we often title our e-mails with them.

Today, I'll share here: "Me? I tell the truth - even when I lie." (Al Pacino as, "Tony Montana" in Brian De Palma's, "Scarface.")

And how about one of my favorite funny ones written/said by Steve Martin in, "L.A. Story" when his female best friend tells him he's jealous she's a woman and he's not? "No, no, I could never be a woman. I'd just stay at home and play with my breasts all day." :D

Serenity69 27-03-2018 01:15 PM

Hermoine In Harry Potter...

Books And Cleverness!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx3BuC4teV0

angelic star 02-04-2018 12:10 PM

" Eat whatever you want and if anyone tries to lecture you about your weight, eat them too " ~ Spirited away

angelic star 02-04-2018 12:21 PM

" Once you do something you can't forget even if you can't remember " Spirited away

Alice_1 31-05-2018 10:52 AM

:hug3: :hug3:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Forest Gump!

:hug3: