Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Old News (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Important (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1355)

dreamer 30-10-2006 12:32 PM

I don't see the point in moderators to be honest, we are all moderators in truth anyway aren't we? Why bother having PMs if they are gonna be posted and looked at by moderators anyway, its like the CIA or something. I don't care either way really, it is funny though (if i'm allowed to say that?)

Mother Goose 30-10-2006 12:46 PM

hehehe, the CIA? :D

You make a good point about how we are all moderators....or SHOULD be. I do see the need for moderators though. It's good to have someone with the authority to make decisions regarding disputes between members and someone to deal with trolls as they pop up. It IS possible to have a decent board without official moderators, but in light of recent events I too believe it was/is time for this board to have moderators. And I think kundalini is doing a fine job and daisy will be of great help as well. :color:

daisy 30-10-2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer
I don't see the point in moderators to be honest, we are all moderators in truth anyway aren't we? Why bother having PMs if they are gonna be posted and looked at by moderators anyway, its like the CIA or something. I don't care either way really, it is funny though (if i'm allowed to say that?)

Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms:smile:

daisy 30-10-2006 12:51 PM

moderators keep the boards 'tidy' too, deleting duplicated posts and the like, we are also here to protect you from 'false' members who prey on sites leaving links and downloads containing viruses and such

dreamer 30-10-2006 01:16 PM

[quote=daisy]Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms:smile:[/QUOTE

oops, not meaning to get at you or kundalini you both do a very valuable job - guess i'm a bit of an anarchist at heart.

daisy 30-10-2006 01:19 PM

[quote=dreamer]
Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy
Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms:smile:[/QUOTE

oops, not meaning to get at you or kundalini you both do a very valuable job - guess i'm a bit of an anarchist at heart.

hey it wasn't a go at you either dreamer, just thought i ought to make it clear for all thats all:wink:

cweiters 30-10-2006 03:24 PM

Yes, if what is being said privately has the potential of being toxic to all members of SF. Yes, show the message, but not the messenger. Prior to the public post give the messenger a warning that what he or she is doing is unacceptable. If it get to the point where a mederator review this as continuious then Yes, most definately you have forfit your preveledge for privacy. Example is the best teacher.

Love to all.......
cw

dreamer 30-10-2006 04:31 PM

[quote=daisy]
Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamer

hey it wasn't a go at you either dreamer, just thought i ought to make it clear for all thats all:wink:

hee, hee, hee thats okay then, thanks Daisy.

cweiters 30-10-2006 05:49 PM

Im sorry, I thought you did. Now that is clear to me. Yes!
[quote=dreamer]
Quote:

Originally Posted by daisy
Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms:smile:[/QUOTE