Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   unconditional love, regardless of others' ignorance (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35584)

Charliemcsnarly 13-05-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
Charlie... You've had many good responses to your beautiful post.

I find that forgiving with compassion is the best attitude and energy I can give, for those who have not yet begun their paths of inner discovery.

My way --- breathe, accept, let go... each moment.

Xan

I certainly have!

I must remember to breathe before I react mentally, to give my reaction space. Though to do that in every moment, including the tougher times, is hard.

Charliemcsnarly 13-05-2012 09:03 AM

Also it's about developing compassion, which I'm working on.

Archangel Ivory 13-05-2012 06:27 PM

The thing is, they don't see it, if they see or feel the connectedness of all things, do you think they'll be still be doing what they are doing? Absolutely not! It's their life path yet. There might have been a time when you were like that. Lol. The universe is ever perfect. Enjoy they ride and transcend ego.
Much Love

Xan 14-05-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
I must remember to breathe before I react mentally, to give my reaction space. Though to do that in every moment, including the tougher times, is hard.

Yes, it takes practice in conscious breathing, best done in every day life so when tough times arise you're ready for them.

I call it Breathing Within... being aware in your breathing and the open space of your inner being. It helps so much in so many ways it's unimaginable.

Xan

DeepForest 15-05-2012 05:17 PM

My post may resemble some other answers here.

When I am in the unconditional love mode (and I am not in it all the time), I have then realized something allowing my love flow in every direction. Think of a cup containing water. Suddenly the cup vanishes but the water is still present. Now the water is released and it flows uncontrolled in every direction as there is no cup to hold it within anymore. My love has no awareness of where it flows. It just flows. An important point is that I do not exercise control over the love, so I have no need to bother who gets it – annoying or pleasant people, people or objects.

When unconditional love still is a mental idea, then we hold our love in the cup – we speculate about how to restrict, or how to not restrict the love. When the love instead is a practical action born out of a present realization, then the we have no concerns, we are just joyously loving everyone and everything.

I would exchange "love" for "friendliness", "well-meaningness" and "contentedness" even if this state may give rise to more intense feelings from time to time. I also think the unconditional love is more of a passive state just coloring our every action, and choice of action.

Xan 15-05-2012 06:03 PM

Well said, Deep Forest.

I like this especially...
My love has no awareness of where it flows. It just flows.

Xan

DeepForest 15-05-2012 06:52 PM

:hug3: from the depth of the forest :smile: !

Charliemcsnarly 15-05-2012 09:07 PM

Thank you Xan and Deepforest. Deepforest your explanation was fantastic.

Today I had a small insight. For a moment I really felt the 'we see together', and how everyone is on their own path, and that it is really my perception that others may be less further along, as we don't really know for sure, I too show traits of being naive at times, probably more often than not. :)

And I had a wave of compassion that told me to inspire others and also learn from them as everyone has something to teach. That way we turn it around from conflicting relationships to uplifting ones.

I also felt a little ashamed of my egoic petulance that shows up quite often.

Xan 15-05-2012 09:13 PM

Ah charlie... feeling ashamed of your ego is also ego, isn't it. Accepting is the key to getting free.

In my view naive means open mind, open heart. The best possible way for the personal mind to be.

Xan

Charliemcsnarly 15-05-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
Ah charlie... feeling ashamed of your ego is also ego, isn't it. Accepting is the key to getting free.

In my view naive means open mind, open heart. The best possible way for the personal mind to be.

Xan

Yes I suppose it is :smile: Although I think ashamed was probably the wrong word for it. I saw it for what it was I guess, unhelpful and unskillful. That's not to say I don't still feel shame from time to time, something I need to let go of.