Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What are your fears about the afterlife? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=92944)

TheGlow 01-11-2015 12:22 AM

Not one, nothing to fear

knightofalbion 01-11-2015 12:31 AM

Only that I'll be there before I'm ready!

wolfgaze 01-11-2015 01:15 AM

I hope that I'll be able to reconnect with the spirit of my canine friend (who is still currently alive)....

TheGlow 01-11-2015 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze
I hope that I'll be able to reconnect with the spirit of my canine friend (who is still currently alive)....

I have a cat that passed on and a horse. Both were basically mother, father, protector and taught me to love. And be loved. I know my mare has visited me.. My cat... He protected me(actually sent 3 people to the hospital) when they were trying to physically hurt me. I have no doubt he remains with me.

I bet your canine won't even leave your side after death.

HMyBodhisattva 01-11-2015 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGlow
I bet your canine won't even leave your side after death.

I agree with that completely!

SilentLegend 01-11-2015 03:02 AM

That I will be punished and tortured in the afterlife for the bad things I would have done here on Earth.

harleyquinn 01-11-2015 04:27 AM

my biggest fears:
  • that it's not real. that after death I just disappear and none of this meant anything
  • losing memories
  • not being able to connect with the loved ones I want to
  • Being punished for all the bad decisions I made while i'm here

SpiritCarrier 01-11-2015 12:25 PM

My only fear is that the person I was meant to help in this life has chosen not to be with me and so being with him is no longer in my control. So here is the fear part.....in other lives this person has killed me. I know he will not do so in this life so things have improved. However, he chose not to be with me and thus we will not fulfill our destiny. My fear is that we will be doomed to continue in a cycle until we get it right. I don't want to do this again, I gave my all and it was not enough. You can't force someone to love you.

Okay that was longer than I meant it to be......Sorry.

Peace and Light

lenvdb64 01-11-2015 12:44 PM

:laughing7: Ha ha ha!!! LOL

When I grew up and My stepfather would threaten me for supposedly being naughty, he would say things like, "The Devil is coming to get you and BBQ you in his fire!"

During my life as a Christian this fear haunted me. The whole religious dogma was that we are lost poor sinners destined for Eternal Hell, but we (the Church) have a solution for your problem: Jesus can save you and you can go to heaven!

It was only after my Awakening when I saw the Marketing Psycho-babble for what it is, and studied some material on Reincarnation, Life between lives etc.

Now I know better. I can pass on and pass over and proceed with my work on the Astral as soon as I get there, knowing I have the help of my Loved ones, my Spirit Guides, the Angels etc all eager to help me with my Ascent. I am quite excited about the prospect really!!

:D

knightofalbion 01-11-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenvdb64
:laughing7: Ha ha ha!!! LOL

When I grew up and My stepfather would threaten me for supposedly being naughty, he would say things like, "The Devil is coming to get you and BBQ you in his fire!"

During my life as a Christian this fear haunted me. The whole religious dogma was that we are lost poor sinners destined for Eternal Hell, but we (the Church) have a solution for your problem: Jesus can save you and you can go to heaven!

It was only after my Awakening when I saw the Marketing Psycho-babble for what it is, and studied some material on Reincarnation, Life between lives etc.

Now I know better. I can pass on and pass over and proceed with my work on the Astral as soon as I get there, knowing I have the help of my Loved ones, my Spirit Guides, the Angels etc all eager to help me with my Ascent. I am quite excited about the prospect really!!

:D

Yes, Orthodoxy has a lot to answer for! This is where the big, black cloud of terror surrounding death hails from.

Our distant forefathers were much more insightful regarding the matter, and whilst they didn't want to die of course, they recognising for what it is , as part of a cycle of birth and rebirth.

Anything we can do to help people understand the survival of the spirit, even just passing on that information though it be rejected at the time, is of value.