Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   How often do you exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31895)

abigailstarr 02-04-2021 05:46 PM

Not enough! :D I need a good regimen to take me from couch potato to mildly active, and go from there.

pdizzle45 06-04-2021 01:24 AM

exercise, like smoking cigarettes or eating a plant based diet....no good for you.

Remember
No exercise (especially biking), inhaling anything, or eating red meat.

Realistically
Smoke while jogging on your way to grab something healthy

inavalan 06-04-2021 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abigailstarr
Not enough! :D I need a good regimen to take me from couch potato to mildly active, and go from there.

Best program I know of:
8 Minutes in the Morning: A Simple Way to Shed Up to 2 Pounds a Week -- Guaranteed by Jorge Cruise
There are several books with similar titles from the same author. This (with the exact title listed above) is his first one and his the best.

I used it, and recommend it.

BigJohn 16-04-2021 04:27 AM

I have been looking at one of my biceps and can not believe how large it has gotten. It is larger then it ever has been and I can not attribute it to any one thing. I have been working about 80 hours a week but that should not make it large because I am not lifting anything of major weight.

inavalan 16-04-2021 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have been looking at one of my biceps and can not believe how large it has gotten. It is larger then it ever has been and I can not attribute it to any one thing. I have been working about 80 hours a week but that should not make it large because I am not lifting anything of major weight.

Muscle conditioning can be optimized for power or for volume. Heavy loads with fewer and slower repetitions favor power development; lighter loads with more and faster repetitions favor volume development. This might be an explanation.

AbodhiSky 19-04-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abigailstarr

same here, i gotta move around!

BigJohn 22-04-2021 08:00 AM

Why not try falling from the couch to the floor?

That is an exercise..... trying to get off the floor back on to the couch! LOL!

mistybelle 28-04-2021 12:02 PM

I do 4 resistance, 2-3 cardio (running) plus daily yoga. I plan 1 to 2 days of rest but like to do a challenge every week. For me it works to do resistance and cardio as “one” workout.

Challenger007 07-05-2021 10:05 AM

I try to do it at least 3 times a week. It was difficult in quarantine because I was used to weight training. But closer to autumn, I bought some sports equipment, but recently I became generous and ordered a Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine. I think now training will go faster and more vigorously.

AbodhiSky 08-05-2021 07:00 PM

i got a couple of 10 pound weights and a staircase from my garage to my living room, i lift the weights as i go up and down the stairs. but then i also have sugar cereal and a spoon.

caramel creamer tastes too good by the way especially the oat milk one. i could put little cups of it at the top and bottom of the stairs to motivate me but that would be self defeating i guess.

will power is everything i think. getting good habits. i think it's ok to be bad sometimes (lay around, eat sweets) as long as we also exercise and eat vegetables. i personally hate vegetables (unless smothered in salad dressing or something) so what i do, what works for me, is i just blend up a bunch of vegi's in the blender everyday and chug it. keeps the tasting down to under a minute.