Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What's For Dinner, Volume II (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116089)

Faith33 20-10-2017 07:01 AM

Thank you, linen... this recipe sounds like the perfect onion rings.

I truly live them, especially nice and spicy, but haven't made them in years, so perhaps today...I'm curious to see how the cornstarch holds up, as I've always used flour only for my batters.
Will let you know once I've made them. :hug3:

Faith33 20-10-2017 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojobean
that sounds awesome. you had me at bacon

Haha, Jojo, my son and I finished a whole pot on our own, it was that good...very filling though, couldn't eat the next day. :D

jojobean 20-10-2017 12:51 PM

that onion ring recipe sounds awesome. I have copied it and will attempt to make it myself soon.

linen53 20-10-2017 01:19 PM

Well there is flour in the batter.

We use arrowroot and/or cornstarch a lot on a gluten free diet. I think they are underused in a regular diet. They help batters stick. I use it on my tempura battered fried fish as well. That's where I got the idea.

Faith, it had been years since I fixed/ate them as well. I fried up a whole lot and then packaged them and froze them putting all the packages in a box so they wouldn't get crushed. I take out a serving here and there and heat them in a very hot oven and it's like I just made them. Don't thaw before reheating.

Jojo, you won't be sorry. And like I told Faith, you can freeze them and reheat as you want them. That way you only have the mess to clean up once.

Chicken and noodles tonight. Last of the leftovers. I'll have to start cooking again tomorrow.

linen53 22-10-2017 12:26 PM

Last night we had fried chicken, breaded and baked yellow squash and fried potatoes. But i fried them in my air fryer with cooking spray so they are literally fat free. Still, a heavy meal.

Tonight I want to do something fun and easy.

Cheeseburgers, onion rings and steamed green beans.

dream jo 22-10-2017 02:37 PM

yday
chikn
potos
carost
gravyy
mint sarse mx in grav in slow cookr ov 5 to 6 hrs
2 day
sosges
lft ovr bti of grav of yday
potpso
lf ovr fro dumpln
wedgs
in slow cokr ovr 5 2 6 hrs

linen53 23-10-2017 04:42 PM

I had a whole chicken sitting in my fridge and didn't know what to do with it.

I put 4 potatoes in the bottom of my crock pot. Made a paste of smoked paprika, salt, garlic and onion powders and sriracha sauce. Used a brush to distribute it all over the chicken and placed chicken on the bed of potatoes.

It's sitting a little high up into the crock pot (like almost touching the lid) so I will cook it on low for 9 hours. This is an experiment so I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also I will bake a spaghetti squash and make a "sauce" of garlic cooked in olive oil, salt and Parmesan cheese.

dream jo 23-10-2017 04:42 PM

2 day lft ovrs frozn 1

linen53 24-10-2017 03:13 PM

Last night's dinner turned out awesome.

1st of all, I was concerned because the chicken was sitting so high in the crock pot that the breast would completely cook on low heat. By 7 hours it was done. I was able to put the crock pot on warm until it was time to eat. Pulling the chicken out of the crock pot was a challenge because it just wanted to fall apart but somehow I managed. :D

2ndly, I was concerned putting whole potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot and cooking them for 7 hours on low would turn them to mush. Well, they were whole when I pulled them out albeit the white centers were off color from soaking up the juices from the chicken (not a bad thing).

No I did not add any liquid to the crock pot before cooking taters and chicken. And there was lots of juices to pour over the meat for dinner.

I gathered up all the bones and "stuff" after dinner and the entire chicken had been deboned and threw bones and "stuff" and the leftover broth back into the crock pot, filled it with water and cooked it all night and will continue cooking today to make some chicken bone broth (needs to cook 24 hours for proper bone broth) Once website said to add 2 tbsp vinegar to draw out the calcium from the bones but I forgot to do that. I will try to remember that for the next batch. Continue adding water as it evaporates till 24 hours are up.

Later I will refrigerate the broth, skim off the fat once it has hardened, drain out the bones and "stuff" and process it in my pressure cooker in mason jars. That will happen tomorrow.

In the meantime I will enjoy the rest of the chicken in chicken sandwiches.

Now what to fix for dinner tonight :rolleyes:

dream jo 24-10-2017 03:19 PM

iv got 1 on
slw cookr now
chikn
ptosos
wedgs
cartots
gravys
be dun in horus tim bean on nel 5 hrs