Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Tarot 101 (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6312)

norseman 24-02-2012 09:27 AM

Perhaps trading them like people used to do with cigarette cards. Swap shop in a new thread ?

green 26-02-2012 08:05 PM

hi, i don't think i will be able really to give up/away any of my decks even those i don't want, i did it once with one deck and i regret to that day- even that it was a deck i didn't like and couldn't stand. but i was just wondering what others would do with decks they don't want or like, and how they feel about it, about giving them away of leaving them somewhere.

G

Trieah 26-02-2012 10:59 PM

Good question. I'm not really sure I could give away any of mine either. And I somehow feel that it's not really the deck's fault if I'm not resonating with it all that well. I just think it's me who needs to attune myself to that deck. Of course, I mostly work with oracle decks, because I really like the much wider variety of what it could mean. I have a feeling that not all decks are going to be able to answer each question to the best of it's ability, and maybe that one deck that I rarely use, actually can. That's why I like to close my eyes and feel for which deck is calling out to answer the questions.

So maybe just hang on to those decks, and just see if someday they might be like an enthusiastic student waving their hand feverishly in the air, hoping the teacher will pick them :wink:

LadyTerra 27-02-2012 04:47 AM

Greetings Everyone:

If handled properly--our Tarot Decks are infused w/ our own energy--they are a part of us--so giving one away is like giving away a piece of yourself.

I would REALLY have to trust someone (beyond a shadow of a doubt) to give them one of my Decks (and have never done so).:wink:

I think that if I happened upon a Deck that turned-out to be something that offended (or alarmed) me--I would either destroy it--or lock it in a wooden box.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

norseman 21-04-2012 07:26 AM

Back to the top [again]

LadyVirgoxoxo 21-04-2012 08:25 PM

I gave one of my decks away last summer. It was a difficult deck for me to read, mainly because it was in French. I thought I would buy it though, because I have taken three years of high school French. It still didn't help that much. This was my very first deck, but a friend of mine wanted it, so I gave it to her. She seemed to find more ease in reading the deck than I did, even though she didn't know French! I think it just resonated better with her. Now I have a Rider Waite deck, that's very easy for me to read, but reading tarot isn't really enjoyable for me anymore. I don't know if it is the deck or me. I might give it away one day, but then again maybe I won't, because it is the only tarot deck I have.