Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   The Sanctuary (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Do Something Different (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119694)

linen53 27-10-2020 10:53 PM

What a step up Lucky! I remember when they were little guys. Yikes! You've done good in raising them to be responsible and use gun safety.

Said a prayer for them. All kids need positive experiences right now.

linen53 27-10-2020 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
NEVER!
I am a cargo pants man......
I generally 'gain' about 6-7 pounds just by putting my pants on!

okay cargo shorts!

BigJohn 28-10-2020 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
okay cargo shorts!

Thanks,
But....... I do not look good in shorts.
I got a couple nasty scars on my right knee.
MRSA got hungry and left her nasty tell-tale marks on my knee.

ameliorate 30-10-2020 10:55 AM

Psychologists know that stress is not the situation but our REACTIONS to it! This is liberating since we have choice/freewill. Therefore, next time something occurs that triggers a well-worn pattern of response, e.g. irritation/frustration - if you have awareness at the onset of this triggering then you can change gear!

I used to be a cyclist and hated having to take buses if it rained. So, if I just missed a bus it would trigger frustration/anger. I learnt to change this and not give myself a hard time. (I'm no longer a cyclist but still dislike just missing a bus!) Now, with awareness at the onset of this situation, I just distract myself, e.g. I might look at the passing cars and wonder about the lives of the drivers, from what I see. Or I could use the time to mentally tackle some niggling problem...so many possibilities!

Lucky 1 30-10-2020 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
What a step up Lucky! I remember when they were little guys. Yikes! You've done good in raising them to be responsible and use gun safety.

Said a prayer for them. All kids need positive experiences right now.

Well Linen....no school today so the boys are loading up for there grand adventure and will be riding off in the boat after lunch...heading down-island about 25 miles ...then setting up camp on the leeward side of the island out of the wind.

Youth deer seasons starts tomorrow morning at sunrise and they plan to be up with the chickens and out stalking deer!

linen53 31-10-2020 05:01 PM

Oh Joy Lucky! I want to hear how their adventure went when they get home. Saying a prayer for safety and common sense! I know you trust their judgement but...things happen.

And you're such a good storyteller. I remember your South American story. Loved it!

Lucky 1 01-10-2021 03:56 PM

Tomorrow (Oct 2nd) my grandson Nick turns 14 years of age....its hard to believe!

He's almost as tall as I am now!

Happy birthday buddy!!!!:hug2:

BigJohn 03-10-2021 10:47 AM

I hope the two of you had a great day!