Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Judaism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   I think Yahveh may be coming back. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=33180)

Honza 05-02-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
As I thought :rolleyes: as I previously stated, you wouldn't know the difference, self realization is needed first....

You are presuming something that is untrue. Words cannot describe the experience of Yahweh. But it is nothing like enlightenment.

Honza 05-02-2020 10:16 AM

For example the experience of Yahweh is full of the richness of culture and people and personality. Which enlightenment tends to avoid.

sky 05-02-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
For example the experience of Yahweh is full of the richness of culture and people and personality. Which enlightenment tends to avoid.

What does ' Enlightenment ' mean to you personally?

Honza 05-02-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
What does ' Enlightenment ' mean to you personally?

Lets stop this conversation. I cannot answer all your questions.

Honza 05-02-2020 02:59 PM

I get so scared of I AM that I want Yahweh to come back and save me from it. I guess that it is an unrealistic wish and that I ought to make peace with myself. I have no idea if Yahweh is self realisation. It is not implied in the Bible that He is self realised.

I am just a mixed up person....

sky 05-02-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Lets stop this conversation. I cannot answer all your questions.

I noticed :D

It's pointless if you Post,

' For example the experience of Yahweh is full of the richness of culture and people and personality. Which enlightenment tends to avoid.' and then you can't explain what enlightenment means.

You can't have a conversation with you, it's one way and as you say, best to end it....

If you don't know what ' Enlightenment ' is then you can't say ' Enlightenment seems to avoid '

Honza 05-02-2020 05:49 PM

I didn't say I couldn't explain. I was saying I cannot be bothered. Your questions are bothersome.

sky 05-02-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

I didn't say I couldn't explain. I was saying I cannot be bothered. Your questions are bothersome.

:biggrin: ......

BigJohn 06-02-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Yahweh is generally a foreign word for most people.

Elohim is even more foreign.

It should not be like that but it is.

Yahweh is the transliteration of the Hebrew word אֱלֹהִ֑ים. This is how the name was pronounced in Hebrew using our alphabet. There are at least 10 variations of how the word was pronounced. Today, the variations in pronunciations and the various meanings are rarely looked at.

Elohim also has different variations in how the word is pronounced and its meaning.

The word is translated as God (first creation account),
as 'great' as used in Genesis 30:8 "Then Rachel said, "I have had a great struggle with my sister, and I have won." So she named him Naphtali."
as 'gods' which is first introduced in Exodus 20:3,
as 'judges' which is first introduced in Exodus 22:9,
as 'god' which is fist introduced in Exodus 32:1,
and this does not exclude being called Angels etc.

sky 06-02-2020 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Yahweh is the transliteration of the Hebrew word אֱלֹהִ֑ים. This is how the name was pronounced in Hebrew using our alphabet. There are at least 10 variations of how the word was pronounced. Today, the variations in pronunciations and the various meanings are rarely looked at.

Elohim also has different variations in how the word is pronounced and its meaning.

The word is translated as God (first creation account),
as 'great' as used in Genesis 30:8 "Then Rachel said, "I have had a great struggle with my sister, and I have won." So she named him Naphtali."
as 'gods' which is first introduced in Exodus 20:3,
as 'judges' which is first introduced in Exodus 22:9,
as 'god' which is fist introduced in Exodus 32:1,
and this does not exclude being called Angels etc.

As you Posted previously, names are not important. Names are worldly, God is Spirit. Individuals need to label things to be able to converse with each other regarding their personal experiences....

The Tao that can be named is not the real Tao.... :smile: