PDA

View Full Version : mind body and spirit

peteyzen
22-09-2006, 08:21 AM
I`m glad to see this forum of lifestyle and in particular this exercise section, because for me evven tho I know I am ultimately spirit we undoubtedly operate throuh our mind and bodies in fact for most folks this is all they are aware of.

I remeber once having a very strong sensation in my ajna chakra (between my eyebrows on my forhead) and asking my teacher how I could feel something physically that was essentially spiritual, his answer rocked me , it for me was one of those gobsmack moments. he said. `What makes you think your feeling it physically?`
Suddenly I undestood, through experience, that everything I experienced, all of it was experienced spiritually and the physical was just a casing.

Bearing this in mind we need to ensure our vehicle (the body) is fit for purpose, we have a duty (dharma) to look after the body, it is an incredible thing.

I use martial arts, chi gung, tai chi and running to keep my body fit and have found that there is a vast spiritual element to training if you train as if it were a spiritual practice as well as a physical one their are great gains to be had.
What about everyone else, has anyone else enjoyed this holistic approach to exercise?

Honza
22-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm comming round to seeing everything I do (and others do) as spiritual, so exercise which is positive and healthy is definitely so. A holistic approach to ones life and ones activities is essentially to ones benefit and if you can achieve and maintain a holistic lifestyle then great.
Trouble is life is full of problems and it is all too easy to let ones hard won achievements slip away. However thats the challenge.
Tuning ones mind body and spirit into a harmonious whole is a goal which exercise helps achieve.

BLAIR2BE
03-10-2006, 02:36 AM
mind, body and spirit...the holy trinity? i think so. the health of one for the benefit af all.

i have not exercised regularly in quite some time. i would very much like to, but have not made a commitment as of yet. i suppose, though, as my daughter gets older, she'll give me plenty of exercise!!

Disa
29-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Have you tried the Nia technique? It incorporates Tai Chi, dance and yoga. When you finish you feel as if every part of your body has been rejuvenated.
It's like spiritual exercise. They have classes or you can buy a video or DVD. Check it out http://www.nia-nia.com/

TC,

Disa

kundalini
30-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks for putting that link up Disa. I was interested to read about that form of fusion fitness.

Kundalini.

cweiters
30-10-2006, 02:19 AM
peteyzen: I'am who I' am, nothing I can do to my body in this life or in this world can change who I am. My destiny is set, based on my choices in life. I am the only Earthly creature God created with free will. I have the power of choice, but once I choose the course of my destiny is already set for me. Spiritual alignments are metaphorically the same as physical alignments these are the examples God has set for us all. Chakra's are alined in the the astrophysical as the spinal cord is alined in the physical. I don't know if this is making since to anyone else but I just had to say it. We all are one, in this world, in the universe, in the spiritual realms, in other time zones, in Life of all forms.

I Love all.
cw

I`m glad to see this forum of lifestyle and in particular this exercise section, because for me evven tho I know I am ultimately spirit we undoubtedly operate throuh our mind and bodies in fact for most folks this is all they are aware of.

I remeber once having a very strong sensation in my ajna chakra (between my eyebrows on my forhead) and asking my teacher how I could feel something physically that was essentially spiritual, his answer rocked me , it for me was one of those gobsmack moments. he said. `What makes you think your feeling it physically?`
Suddenly I undestood, through experience, that everything I experienced, all of it was experienced spiritually and the physical was just a casing.

Bearing this in mind we need to ensure our vehicle (the body) is fit for purpose, we have a duty (dharma) to look after the body, it is an incredible thing.

I use martial arts, chi gung, tai chi and running to keep my body fit and have found that there is a vast spiritual element to training if you train as if it were a spiritual practice as well as a physical one their are great gains to be had.
What about everyone else, has anyone else enjoyed this holistic approach to exercise?