PDA

View Full Version : disabilities and psychic abilities.

ThoughtBroadcaster
26-01-2011, 06:06 AM
why are people that have a mental disability usually not in control of their psychic abilities? like say not able to control thought broadcasting.

Ecstasy
26-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I think that ... "mental disabilities" is different than thought broadcasting. I think that their/there are/is a-lot of different perspectives.

rus11
29-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Maybe they operate at a lower frequency dibilitating them from psychic capabilities.

ROM
29-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I would have thought they were more psychically attuned than most since they don't allow their intellects to dominate them?

Ecstasy
30-01-2011, 07:55 AM
are*........

psychoslice
30-01-2011, 08:25 AM
I have schizophrenia and i believe that it was through this so called illness that I have found or disappeared into pure Awareness, I have never known anyone who has apparently Awakened to be so called "normal".

ROM
30-01-2011, 08:32 AM
psychoslice, have you ever thought you are being "attacked" by negative spirits in the beyond -- which science labels as schizophrenia etc?

psychoslice
30-01-2011, 08:44 AM
psychoslice, have you ever thought you are being "attacked" by negative spirits in the beyond -- which science labels as schizophrenia etc?
No I don't believe in anything that can attack, there is only Consciousness, there is no evil spirits, this is all in your mind, you believe that you can be attacked so that is what you will experience. Schizophrenia is just a disorder, as is a heart problem or any other part of the mind body organism.

Ecstasy
31-01-2011, 07:14 AM
Sounds robotic. Perhaps those things are all in your mind too. Paradoxal thoughts... Empathy...

ThoughtBroadcaster
07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
my spiritual psychologist which i was lucky to find told me people with disabilities generally do not have control over their psychic abilities since the ego or subconscious mind will be in control. when people send me thoughts i can not read them at all since the other mind is in control. does anyone have any ideas to why the ego or subconscious mind is in control when a person is mentally disabled? such as autism, ocd or other disabilities

Sangress
07-04-2011, 11:08 AM
I think that the amount of psychic limitations present all depends on what type of mental illness a person has.

For example, schitzophrenics are certainly unreliable when thought broadcasting and telepathy and any form of direct though is needed...because their thinking patterns are often interrupted and random and jump from one topic to another swiftly without warning, not to mention whether they are delusional....in which case their word may not be the most reliable thing in the world either.

(However, if their medication is working to correct a chemical imbalance, then they would be fine.)

A person with anxiety or depression has less limitations that other disorders, but if they were to give readings or healings, they would need to keep their nerves and emotions in check so it doesn't affect others or influence the services they provide.

Some mental "illnesses" can actually enhance some aspects of a persons spiritual awareness/self.

Dissociation, for example, loosens a persons metaphysical ties to their body, effectively allowing them to spiritually "step out" of their skin, or astral project/obe in any form...with extreem ease (if it is done correctly.)

People with phobias are often drawn to trace back their past memories to find the cause of their fear, so in a way disorders like anxiety, agrophobia and panic attacks can open a persons senses to the spiritual world....it also allows the person (after they have overcome their fears) to be very sensetive to danger....ridiculiously attuned to any ill intentions.

So, there are two sides to this coin, mental disabilities can both limit and open up psychic skills and awareness.

Though I will also add that having a label stuck on a persons forehead does not autimatically make them mentally ill, it is up to the individuals own self to decide or accept a mental illness, not someone else. (Especially not some walking text books who like to claim themselves as psychiatrists.)

I trust that if a person has a mental illness they would certainly realise that something was not right and seek help...because a mental illness is something that interferes with daily life (which is why it is called a mental illness)...and not just some minor or interesting psychological traits or charicteristics that happen to match up to the DSM of "such and such" disorders.

Lightspirit
07-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I think your spirit is whole and your body and mind is temporary.

I believe we borrow our body for a while. I would like to think that what we call mental illness is just a temporary hiccup in eternity and will right itself soon enough :)

Maybe one day we will all be the same.

windwhistle
07-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Maybe people with disabilities operate at a much higher frequency than a thought broadcaster. Most people with mental illness walk the line between genius and insanity. They are edge dwellers...far more imaginary and creative than most 'normies.' There is a whole website list of famous intellectuals, psychics, artists and writers who suffered from mental illness.

It amazes me how much ignorance and stigma is attached to mental illness even today. Perhaps educating yourself would help you understand it more. I'm shocked at this posting...it's good that it's honest though. I always think we are further ahead in the mental illness field as far as social acceptance and understanding than we actualy are.

I believe people that have or have had mental illness are the most spiritual people on the planet because they have had to reach way down deep to connect to Source on a minute by minute basis sometimes. They also think out of the box. And are forced to try new coping/spiritual skills just to make it.

Perhaps you need to develop your skills to the degree that you can reach these people. You have to push the envelope, see from a different angel, try empathy for one. Also imaginary guided meditations.

I have been dxed as bipolar for over 15 years. I have had profound psychic experiences. I am now healing myself from this so-called disorder by 'deciding' not to have it through intensive affirmations, vitamin therapy and deep spiritual work. I am coming off meds with Drs. knowledge. I accept who I am today and want to be that person minus drugs and labels.

I've never heard of people with disabilities not being in control of their abilities.
For me, my abilities are part of who I am, at all times. There is no such thing as having to control them. They are present every day like the air we breathe.

Estrella505
07-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Err... sorry to burst your bubble but...

I'm a special education teacher as well as a person with a disability myself. I have been working with people with a wide variety of disabilties in some form for 10 years. And there is a major difference between mental disabilties, Mental illnesses, and processing disabilities.

I have never seen anything special about disabitilies and phsyic abilities. If they happen together, it's pure chance and I would not imagine that one would affect the processing of the other. I've rarely had a chance to encounter this, so I am not sure how it would happen. But finding a journal article about the topic would be very interesting.

Lightspirit
07-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Err... sorry to burst your bubble but...

I'm a special education teacher as well as a person with a disability myself. I have been working with people with a wide variety of disabilties in some form for 10 years. And there is a major difference between mental disabilties, Mental illnesses, and processing disabilities.

I have never seen anything special about disabitilies and phsyic abilities. If they happen together, it's pure chance and I would not imagine that one would affect the processing of the other. I've rarely had a chance to encounter this, so I am not sure how it would happen. But finding a journal article about the topic would be very interesting. One thing that comes to mind. last year i began to sense objects from a distance as a feeling in my hands, when I was talking toa yoga teacher about this it seems blind people can work out how to do this too. That would be such a huge advantage. I wish I could show others how to do it but have no idea how I got it myself.

psychoslice
08-04-2011, 12:11 AM
The biggest disability is believing that you are separate from all else, most people on this planet suffer from this illusion.

Estrella505
08-04-2011, 04:46 PM
The biggest disability is believing that you are separate from all else, most people on this planet suffer from this illusion.

lol! well said!

And as for the blindness thing, that could a possibility. The brain may have done that in compensation for lack of sight. I have just never experienced that myself.

I am very curious and I woud love to study this further.