PDA

View Full Version : I Love Spiritual Forums.

Gem
25-01-2011, 01:50 PM
This :hug3: much.
Thank You.

Honza
27-01-2011, 01:21 AM
I certainly appreciate them. But I used to love them more. Things have turned a bit darker in my opinion.

I used to get so much from these forums, but now I lurk more than anything. I think the bubble has burst. Particularly with the death of Devolution and then the crash.

But I'm glad they are still here. They don't have a strong leader anymore though.

Silver
27-01-2011, 01:26 AM
When people lose a great leader, it's bound to feel lost for a time, but it's up to 'the people' those who care enough, to try to patch up what they believe needs it. And we staff do and are trying hard to be good 'leaders'. Sometimes we have to reach out. Sometimes we all need to feel the support and backing and do what's right, even though sometimes we're not even sure about what we're doing. Feedback is great, it's good to receive constructive criticisms. It's also helpful to be recognized for when things do go smoothly or someone has done something special.

Spiritlite
27-01-2011, 02:50 AM
I too used to love them more but that was when I was still learning the spirituality I practice now.
I still love them now because I see myself as helping others.
Spiritlite.

Deusdrum
27-01-2011, 02:58 AM
I think the forums has gone through some tumultuous times lately, and is sort of seeking an identity, at the moment maybe, in a sense. There has been the death of Devolution (Much Love & Respect to him . ~) the crash just recently, and some very good people that have left over the past, that were regulars or semi regulars. (I see Squatch has left for example, just recently, which sucks)

However, i think that there is a really strong group of mods here, (Silvergirl among them) and i do not think the status of the Forums can rest upon them, as there are so many new members, especially after the crash, of which another segment of the former SF population has seemed to have left, (Shangrila? Where are you? for example) it is in like a rebuilding kind of phase of sorts.

But anyways, SF is a great place, full of many good and interesting people. People come and go, and the people here still make it the great place that it is. I feel like also that there is great potential here still, and what we have to offer this place should be at least as important as wondering what it has to offer us, in my opinion.

I like to pick my spots (although have picked them pretty poorly sometimes) and choose my words (also some poor choices) wisely nowadays. I sometimes even enjoying just reading posts on SF as much as anything, so in that sense there is much here to offer. The interplay of posts, reading how people combine to work things out, at times a thing of beauty. (other times, more of aggravation lol but that is ok too)

It may not be the same SF that i joined back in the summer of 2007, but that does not make it better or worse, imo, (though SF was a beautiful brand new place for me back then to have come upon) but then again, i am not the same person as i was back then (although i am of course, in another sense still) by a long shot.

Bottom line, I Love Spiritual Forums too. Many good people. Friendly, capable and amiable staff. Id like to say thanks to each and every one of you. Love and Respect to all members, and a toast, of things yet to come. ~

Yeah it might be a pretty standard boring, politically correct kind of post i have here, but it is what i truly believe.

P.E.A.C.E. ~

Silver
27-01-2011, 03:07 AM
However, i think that there is a really strong group of mods here, (Silvergirl among them) and i do not think the status of the Forums can rest upon them, as there are so many new members, especially after the crash, of which another segment of the former SF has seemed to have left, (Shangrila? Where are you? for example) it is in like a rebuilding kind of phase of sorts.

But anyways, SF is a great place, full of many good and interesting people. People come and go, and the people here still make it the great place that it is. I feel like also that there is great potential here still, and what we have to offer this place should be at least as important as wondering what it has to offer us, in my opinion.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart, Deus for the recognition~*

The statement you made, that I highlighted in blue, is a very important one.

Dilchannan
27-01-2011, 03:14 AM
I love spiritual forums too! Is it the same place I arrived at back in 2007, no it isn't, but I am not either. I am finding it a bit more difficult to jump in, but I am sure in time I will, or realize I have reached another turning point in my life and no longer need to be a part of.
The mods work their bottoms off, and keeping things running smoothly is not easy, I would know lol...
However it is still here for those that have called it home, and for others searching out answers.
Peace

Spiritlite
27-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Oh this forum, yes I love this forum I was speaking of forums dealing with spirituality in some way in my previous post.
Spiritlite.

Gem
27-01-2011, 04:53 AM
I certainly appreciate them. But I used to love them more. Things have turned a bit darker in my opinion.

I used to get so much from these forums, but now I lurk more than anything. I think the bubble has burst. Particularly with the death of Devolution and then the crash.

But I'm glad they are still here. They don't have a strong leader anymore though.

Strangely enough Devolotion was on my mind last night... and some like poetic thought came to me um....... no now I remember ... I was thinking of Dev and then this quote from thich popped up.

"for those who have lost someone who is close to him or to her I advise that they look deeply within and see that the one who was close is still there, somehow.

I thought annonafox would like that.

psychoslice
27-01-2011, 05:10 AM
Strangely enough Devolotion was on my mind last night... and some like poetic thought came to me um....... no now I remember ... I was thinking of Dev and then this quote from thich popped up.

"for those who have lost someone who is close to him or to her I advise that they look deeply within and see that the one who was close is still there, somehow.

I thought annonafox would like that.
that's so odd, I was thinking about the same thing not only yesterday but just a few minutes before reading what you said. We are nothing more than our minds, so when someone we love passes away their still living through our minds, we are not in reality our mind bodies, its hard to get our mind around this but thats what it is.

Gem
27-01-2011, 05:22 AM
that's so odd, I was thinking about the same thing not only yesterday but just a few minutes before reading what you said. We are nothing more than our minds, so when someone we love passes away their still living through our minds, we are not in reality our mind bodies, its hard to get our mind around this but thats what it is.

Well despite not being your mind body, you're still a beautiful man. :smile:

Thoughts are like that... the same sorta thing pops up all over the place and we can never work out who thought of it first.

It's in the air.