PDA

View Full Version : Negativity

Elfay
25-01-2011, 05:23 AM
Why is it when I bring myself to very positive place in my life the people I am surrounded by, family and friends, I get shut down by them? Its like the more positive I am the more negstive they become towards me. I can be in the most wonderful mood, happy, feeling uplifted and then a friend will knock me down and literly zap me from all my positiveness. I try not to let their negativity get to me, its hard tho, especially when the negativity is directed at you. A good friend had a theory what was happening, she told me it may be me being in a highly possitive place I become a threat to them. They can feel my positivity and it scares them. To keep me negative is to keep me down on their level. It happens all the time when I am applying LOA to my life, which I do practice daily. There are times my positivty does work into bringing the negative friend into positive energy.

Silver
25-01-2011, 07:43 AM
You should heed what that good friend's theory is, because they're right.
You are a threat to their comfy status quo, of negativity, gossip, mealy-mouthed complaining, etc. You can have sympathy and pity for them, but don't let them round you up and get you to stay in their clique. Go with that one friend who gets the positive energy from you. Focus more on that one than the rest of them. I have a good friend too, and he's always saying, 'don't let them steal your joy!' What a wonderful rule / declaration!

Shabda
25-01-2011, 07:54 AM
your friend makes a very good point, also, the higher one rises the more often and harder the negative fights against it to drag you back down, it's a good old test, so dont let that happen, keep going, and dont let yourself refuse to ask for help when needed, ask God by whatever name/s you are comfortable with, regardless of your chosen path, help is always available to those who ask, and also make every attempt to solve the problem on their own, give it a try...

Elfay
25-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Thank you Silvergirl and Shabda !! You guys are right and I need to increase my positivity to rise above them. Instead of allowing them to bring me down to their level I will continue rising above them. Which I do anyways ... or atleast try to. Sometimes its difficult to remain positive when negativity surrounds you. Especially since I use to be there myself. I almost feel since I use to bring them down they are paying me back instead of being happy for me. Its all about that dirty little revenge thing. Perhaps its unintentional or it is intentional but they are doing it to me. That is my lesson in life, to learn to rise above the negativity. To overcome it. Even in the darkess of storms there is always that ray of light shining through. Saying those words makes my angels smile, which in turn has me smiling.

Dragonfly1
26-01-2011, 12:16 AM
A true friend would rejoice in your happiness, as you would for them, so perhaps its time to question the friendship?, sometimes it is better to break the tie with someone who doesn't want you to be in a good place to make themselves feel better.......Unfortunately, with family there is not much you can do other than, stay positive in their presence...positive energy is a higher vibration and eventually (hopefully) the families negative responses with subside in your presence.......I do hope so for your sake.......but stay positive, it is a beautiful energy........and blessings to you and those who are having difficulty staying in the light......

Elfay
26-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Thank you Dragonfly1 for your advice. Its the family that hurts me the most being so negative and trying to bring me with them. Its like when I am happy they sense it and possibly are threatened by it and treat me even more negativly. Even as far as trying to crush my spirit. Its then may faith grows ever stronger.

supernova
26-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Can there be positivity without negative things. In fact both are complementary and both coexist and are codependent

ROM
26-01-2011, 01:39 AM
I would agree with what your friend is saying. People who are negative vibrate at lower frequencies, so when a positive vibration enters their circle, they don't like it. Hopefully your optimism can uplift those around you who are receptive to it.

Elfay
26-01-2011, 02:54 AM
I would agree with what your friend is saying. People who are negative vibrate at lower frequencies, so when a positive vibration enters their circle, they don't like it. Hopefully your optimism can uplift those around you who are receptive to it.
Very true, especially the part; They don't like it. Its almost like it hurts them (my positive vibration) and are striking back with negativity.

supernova
26-01-2011, 03:31 AM
I find both light and dark complementary as both can make me complete.

If there is darkness I could not dream.

I do not find anything unnecessary in this universe and all are created with some significance

themaster
26-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Why is it when I bring myself to very positive place in my life the people I am surrounded by, family and friends, I get shut down by them? Its like the more positive I am the more negstive they become towards me. I can be in the most wonderful mood, happy, feeling uplifted and then a friend will knock me down and literly zap me from all my positiveness. I try not to let their negativity get to me, its hard tho, especially when the negativity is directed at you. A good friend had a theory what was happening, she told me it may be me being in a highly possitive place I become a threat to them. They can feel my positivity and it scares them. To keep me negative is to keep me down on their level. It happens all the time when I am applying LOA to my life, which I do practice daily. There are times my positivty does work into bringing the negative friend into positive energy.You could look at as a positive aspect that.. your friends are giving you a chance to "test" how positive you are..

There is a place you can get to where you won't be in REACTION to your friends/family negative place.. and until you can get there I would not say you are done in a "new age"/transformative/evolutionary journey were all on..

I could recommend some tools you can check out if you want.. ??

But it is possible to not be the effect of peoples negativity it's all about establishing clear boundaries between your energy and others..

Blue Dragon
03-02-2011, 08:32 AM
You can redirect negative force attacks by being positive with them and offering to listen, understand their view, offer your positive insight. It takes skill so practice. Repeat what they say as a question requiring deeper inquiry, politely disagree and ask for further clarification on what they mean by their attack, put down, criticism etc. Keep doing that until they lose momentum. When you make them think, they will back down, and may actually rethink their attitude.

Blue Dragon
03-02-2011, 08:44 AM
If you need a quick reply to deflate an attack, I like to use "You might be right" or "Maybe, maybe not". Any words that will kind of agree with what they say, but kind of disagrees too, leaving it open ended. But the best reply is to answer back with a deeper question, I use that a lot too. I ask them why they feel or think this way, and keep asking why for every answer they give until they run out of steam.