PDA

View Full Version : Is this a sign? — Confused.

CalendarGirl
25-01-2011, 04:55 AM
I guess I am looking for a little insight into this. I never really technically was what one would call a spiritual person — though I didn't dismiss the possibility of a spiritual world either. As I've gotten older, and particularly in the past year or so, I find myself being more and more open to such ideas. While this isn't perhaps the strangest coincidence story ever, it is just resonating inside me in a different way than I am used to... it just feels different.

Here's my story (names are pseudonyms), sorry it is so long!:

For a while, I had a few separate groups of friends. The ones in this story are: Gia, Ella & I; Hannah, Abby, & I; and Carissa, Hailey & I. These were the people I considered my closest friends, with the exception of Hailey because we never really got the chance to get close.
All within 2010, I stopped being friends with Gia, Abby, and Carissa. None of these endings came about from any sort of fight, they just happened. Gia I have not seen since the 2009-10 New Years Eve, and only heard from sporadically. Abby and Hannah had a fight, which neither asked me to be in the middle of (thankfully) but really I was closer to Hannah, and Abby was in fact being quiet cruel, so I haven't seen her since October. And then Carissa, she came over one night last September. We had a good, fun night, she went home and that was the last time I saw her, because for the next week after that I could tell that she was being weird towards me, then one day she deletes me off her facebook and did not speak to me. I truly haven't the slightest clue why.

I pretty quickly determined, in each case, that it was for the best. Ella and Hannah had always been my closest friends, but I ended up even closer to them. And I reconnected with Hailey, who I had almost completely lost touch with. All as a direct result of not being friends with the others.

Here is the part that is driving me nuts: At the very beginning of this month, around the 3rd, Gia texts me about something random, and when I didn't reply promptly, asks if there's been a rift between us, and wanted to talk and such. A couple weeks later, Abby pops up out of nowhere wanting to talk to Hannah and almost came to dinner with us, but bailed at the last minute. At that point, I made a joke to Hannah about former friends showing up and said "Well, maybe we'll being hearing from Carissa soon!" Then yesterday, I said to my sister that I missed Carissa once and a while. That was the first time I had ever said that outloud or to anyone. A couple hours later, I get an email from Carissa asking if we are ever going to speak again!

It just seems so strange to me — In one year, I lose 3 of my friends. I come to terms with each loss, even find benefits in them, then all 3 reemerge within the first month of the new year!? What I need some insight to is, if anyone thinks this is a sign of anything, what is it a sign of? Am I supposed to give these people another chance? Am I going to need them for something? Or is it a test of my will to not be tempted to turn back?

I appreciate any and all insight on this, from wherever it comes!

Shabda
25-01-2011, 08:04 AM
as i see it, all of your potential reasons are quite possible, but not knowing you or them, prevents me from giving you an answer with certainty...perhaps look at it with the point of view of Love and forgiveness and see what that brings and even come out and ask them, see if theyre acting and speaking straight up and honestly, or if they are in collusion for some negative purpose...i think that you would be able to get the best idea of whats going on yourself...