PDA

View Full Version : Brokenhearted, I received this answer from the IChing

peewee
24-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Hello. This is my first post here. I hope people will respond to it.

I asked the IChing for guidance about a boyfriend who left. I wronged him. He wronged me but less so.

In the past my exes always returned. I don't have the same feeling about this one. He is a stubborn/strong person. He was deeply offended and hurt. He wrestled with leaving because we were best friends--plus he hates to be alone. Worried I asked: "Will he ever contact me? Does he feel he was wrong also? Will we ever speak again?" Can you give me your interpretation of the answer? I don't know if the 2nd hexagram is addressing me or him.

Here was the response from the IChing:

43 changing to 54
43. Deciding
Line 3:

Forcefulness in the cheekbones,
having misfortune.
The noble one decides.
He decides to walk out alone in the rain and be drenched.
He is indignated.
Without fault.

Being treated cruelly and resolutely walking away from this angering situation, being indignated. One endures any discomfort this brings with it, such as being alone, or walking in the rain. No need to feel guilty about this.
('Forcefulness in the cheekbones' is a Chinese expression for being pushy and hard.)

Line 5:

Amaranth on the land,
decide, decide!
Targeted action is without fault.

Encountering something of value in an unusual place and needing to decide whether to take it or not. There is nothing wrong with going for it.
(Amaranth is also called Chinese spinach. Both the leaves and the small seeds are edible.

Hexagram is changing to:
54. Marrying Younger Sister

A younger sister marries.
Undertakings bring misfortune.
This lacks a beneficial purpose.

Not being in a position to make things happen one's own way. Trying to anyway will only bring trouble, it won't work.

Celeste
26-01-2011, 12:18 AM
I don't know about IChing. But with any reading, things can change. So, if you are devastated over this one reading, don't be. There is always hope. And I know it is hard to breakup if one feels they did something wrong. Give it some time, to let your emotions settle down so you can rethink things.

peewee
26-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Thank you for responding Celeste. You give good advice.
It's amazing how ferverently we cling to "signs" when heartbroken.
I will do as you suggest and allow my emotions to settle a bit.

Thanks again. :smile:

Celeste
31-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Good for you. If you get a tarot card reading, also, it is very sensitive to moods. Thus, if you are down in the dumps, you will get a negative reading.