PDA

View Full Version : Is this an example of mental conditioning?

Fleur de Frost
29-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Deep down, I already know the answer to this - just wanted some extra confirmation for comfort. :)

There's a recently released movie that I am positively in love with. The film itself and the characters mean the world to me, and its underlying theme has shifted my perspective into something really, really bright.

Knowing how much I love the main character, my mom half-jokingly picked up a tiny plush version of him at the store. Super cute and I really appreciated the gesture, so I placed him along with the other stuffed animals in my room since childhood.

Taking the batteries out of the voicebox turned out slightly difficult - even when we thought it was turned off (when that switch really just turned the volume lower), it was still talking, and I made the offhand joke about it being possessed.

Well! :eyeroll: haha. My mind ran with that. Something was knocked over in my room when I got home, and instead of turning to the logical explanation of my dog, my theory suddenly had some imaginary weight to it. Even when I took a nap today and slept with it by my side, out of curiosity, the dream I had of destroying it thanks to possession was obviously a confirmation of my fears. Any trouble waking up from the nap was immediately attributed to this thing feeding off my own life force.

(Hopefully, all of this sarcasm is evident :wink:)

Not too long ago, I dealt with a negative thoughtform one step away from becoming an apparition. I accidentally created it based off a movie character nearly identical to this one - the film meant everything to me, I truly loved that character, and it aligned my view of the world to a new light. Unfortunately, the complexity behind how much I loved the character created a rough manifestation that was bent off feeding off my own energy. Any further, I was told, and it could have been a possession.

Everything beneath the surface level there was extremely traumatic, and I'm fascinated at how I might be projecting that experience onto this doll. The doll is a representation of how deeply I love this new movie - right? Because it holds similar attributes to the movie from which the thoughtform originated, though, my mind automatically presumes that anything positive from it will suddenly turn on me with the intent to attack. It's a soul memory projecting itself onto an experience and, 100%, a chance to break down detrimental subconscious programming.

Clearly, part of me still wants confirmation that it's extremely unlikely this doll is 'haunted'... :tongue: I'm also just curious to hear any further information about self-imposed mental conditioning. It's amazing to me that something I believed to have worked through could still imprint itself onto a new experience and hold back my happiness - I'm now wondering how often this happens from traumatic childhood events, and how much it explains any psychological issues into adulthood.

Thank you so, so much! Hope everyone is having an amazing week. <3

Thunder Bow
30-03-2016, 04:52 PM
What is the title of the movie? I may want to go see it.

Mr Interesting
30-03-2016, 08:26 PM
I discussed with a friend of mine what magical thinking was and is simply because me and my brother sold him a trusty old van which if nursed along would last him for ages.

And I discussed it because of several reasons not the least of which seemed to be his own magical thinking stressing the wise old van to the point of breakdowns simply because he was somewhat using unrealistic hopes to have this poor old van keep conforming to his needs... and it ended up coughing and spluttering all over the place.

For me then magical thinking is something that absolutely requires I be as affirming as possible to the lessons about what is and what is available be as realistic as my abilities can take and still keep the whole thing both responsible and resting.

naturesflow
31-03-2016, 03:42 AM
Deep down, I already know the answer to this - just wanted some extra confirmation for comfort. :)

There's a recently released movie that I am positively in love with. The film itself and the characters mean the world to me, and its underlying theme has shifted my perspective into something really, really bright.

Knowing how much I love the main character, my mom half-jokingly picked up a tiny plush version of him at the store. Super cute and I really appreciated the gesture, so I placed him along with the other stuffed animals in my room since childhood.

Taking the batteries out of the voicebox turned out slightly difficult - even when we thought it was turned off (when that switch really just turned the volume lower), it was still talking, and I made the offhand joke about it being possessed.

Well! :eyeroll: haha. My mind ran with that. Something was knocked over in my room when I got home, and instead of turning to the logical explanation of my dog, my theory suddenly had some imaginary weight to it. Even when I took a nap today and slept with it by my side, out of curiosity, the dream I had of destroying it thanks to possession was obviously a confirmation of my fears. Any trouble waking up from the nap was immediately attributed to this thing feeding off my own life force.

(Hopefully, all of this sarcasm is evident :wink:)

Not too long ago, I dealt with a negative thoughtform one step away from becoming an apparition. I accidentally created it based off a movie character nearly identical to this one - the film meant everything to me, I truly loved that character, and it aligned my view of the world to a new light. Unfortunately, the complexity behind how much I loved the character created a rough manifestation that was bent off feeding off my own energy. Any further, I was told, and it could have been a possession.

Everything beneath the surface level there was extremely traumatic, and I'm fascinated at how I might be projecting that experience onto this doll. The doll is a representation of how deeply I love this new movie - right? Because it holds similar attributes to the movie from which the thoughtform originated, though, my mind automatically presumes that anything positive from it will suddenly turn on me with the intent to attack. It's a soul memory projecting itself onto an experience and, 100%, a chance to break down detrimental subconscious programming.

Clearly, part of me still wants confirmation that it's extremely unlikely this doll is 'haunted'... :tongue: I'm also just curious to hear any further information about self-imposed mental conditioning. It's amazing to me that something I believed to have worked through could still imprint itself onto a new experience and hold back my happiness - I'm now wondering how often this happens from traumatic childhood events, and how much it explains any psychological issues into adulthood.

Thank you so, so much! Hope everyone is having an amazing week. <3

We are wonderful self sabotaging creatures by nature. Sometimes we realize and sometimes we don't. When we realize its a good thing because you start to realize that we are not done until we are done. And in this noticing of your more subtle layers present and arising in something new you love, it shows you more. Meaning the new will show you when its done. It will no longer sit at the forefront of your view in things that can simply be loved for what they are. And that you just love them for no reason other than love itself. Much like yourself really. Just loving you as you are, for everything you have been, becoming and breaking through to know of yourself beyond programming.