PDA

View Full Version : cats

rose
21-09-2006, 11:56 PM
my partner and i have just moved into a new place and we have already made friends with a neighbor...a gorgeous, squishy, ginger tabby cat. he sits at our door and waits. we see his colours through the glass. we have let him a few times but we have to follow him as he did spray once. he's a cat. that's what they do i guess.

yesterday i was supposed to go into town and as i left, he came in. i lifted him outside and he followed me. i felt the urge to turn back and stay at home for a bit longer and he came inside with me. he then did something strange. he went to certain areas in every room and flopped. i mean he just stopped and rolled onto the floor. lying there. then he would get up soon after and go to the next spot. about two in each room.

i have heard about cats being healers and finding places in homes that need to be cleansed.

or maybe he's just a lazy cat and needs many rests :)

any thoughts on the energy of cats?

Light Mage
22-09-2006, 12:09 AM
I love cats. I have a theory about their spiritual influences, but I'm a little reluctant to share it because it's a little anti-Christian and some people may take offence.

BLAIR2BE
22-09-2006, 12:14 AM
cats are fascinating to me. cats do mark what they consider there territory by spraying and rubbing ( i have a cat and he rolls and grinds his body all over the yard, as well as spray). i dont know if cats are healers. but, to me, they seem to have an awareness that most "animals" (we too are animals) do not possess. the ancient egyptians seemed to know something mystical about cats...

BLAIR2BE
22-09-2006, 12:15 AM
please share light mage. most of us here are pretty open minded...

daisy
22-09-2006, 12:34 AM
yeah please do i love cats one of my girl cats really enjoys spraying luckily outside only

BLAIR2BE
22-09-2006, 01:11 AM
my cat has now found a wife, he is also a new father of 1 (food is getting expensive)

daisy
22-09-2006, 01:14 AM
it's disgusting price of cat food, it's not top quality stuff either my cats turn there noses up in disgust at some of the 'better' brands

rose
22-09-2006, 02:30 AM
cats make my heart melt...

i would love to adopt one...or have one adopt me...but i keep moving so i can't commit to one yet.

luckily there are always cats around to stop and meet whilst out walking. not so good for the native bird population though...

BLAIR2BE
22-09-2006, 02:42 AM
cats make my heart melt...

i would love to adopt one...or have one adopt me...but i keep moving so i can't commit to one yet.

luckily there are always cats around to stop and meet whilst out walking. not so good for the native bird population though...

i love my cat to death. youre right about one adopting you. for a cat (unlike dogs), you are not the master!! you are a companion. now that little kittles d. (now known as sir kittles- when he was a baby i promised him the title, once he became a "man") has a family of his own, i enjoy watching there subtle interactions (less mindless, than dogs of course).

not that im a dog hater. i love dogs as well (all animals really), but like i said before, cats seem to have more awareness...

rose
22-09-2006, 03:20 AM
i'm pleased to hear he graduated to a "man" name :D

my first cat who i adored when i was about 3 (unfortunately he didn't share my love so i had to trap him under the washing basket to try and cuddle him...poor cat) was a big tom cat with attitude...and we called him mittens. i think that's why he terrorised our street so much...to try and regain some street cred after the name we gave him :)

that's so cute kittles d has a wife and kitties. he's a stud :)

BLAIR2BE
22-09-2006, 03:28 AM
(full name: sir kittles d cat)
its ironic that these cats are natural hunters (killers), stalkers, territorial fighters, etc. and we give them these sweet (wimpy) names:)

BLAIR2BE
22-09-2006, 03:30 AM
come on light mage, youre killen me................

rose
22-09-2006, 03:43 AM
blair - especially the tough toms. they seem to suffer the worst humiliation. have you ever seen stewart little?

i sent you a pm light mage to entice you to share with me. i'm intrigued...

Light Mage
22-09-2006, 05:02 AM
Hey! Sorry I went offline.

My view is that cats have a deep spiritual significance, when the early Christians conquered the world and started to demonise the previous "Pagan" faiths, they portrayed cats as familiars to witches etc.

Obviously there must be more to this than lonely old women seeking the company of animal companions (which in itself should suggest that the cat is a natural healer - why else would it be the companion of choice for our elders and wise women?)

The women were demonised as witches because of their unChristian connection to nature, and thus their cats were as well.

When I started typing this I also remembered that cats were regarded as divine even back in the times of Ancient Egypt, too. Which I'd almost forgotten about...

So yeah, there must be more to cats than simply "rodent killers".

When I lived with my mum in the UK we had two cats, brothers from the same litter. I was so close to them I regarded them as cat-shaped people. I still miss them even now, they both had completely different personalities, too. :angel:

Lapis
22-09-2006, 11:14 PM
I love cats. I have a theory about their spiritual influences, but I'm a little reluctant to share it because it's a little anti-Christian and some people may take offence.

Fear not Light Mage, I totally relate to feeling this way but please, I'd love to hear what you know. I tip-toe and post at the edge often myself and worry about the same thing, but it usually dosen't stop me, Light heathen that I am! :wink:

rose,

It sounds like that cat is claiming/connecting with you and your new house as part of his territory maybe? I too am a Cat person and speak pretty good Cat actually. Felines carry a lot of Sirius stellar consciousness (ancient Egyptian Anubius looked like a Cat/Dog combo and of couse Sekmet and the other feline Beings) and if we have any current and/or past life connections with Sirius (6D) and/or ancient Egypt, then we'll usually relate well with both large (Lions and big Cats) and small (domestic) felines.

rose
23-09-2006, 01:35 AM
thanks for that Lapis (one of my favourite stones by the way)

i was told by a healer many years ago that i had had past lives on Sirius. i used to look for it in the night sky often as a guide and comfort after that but forgot all i'd learnt from that time in my late teens/early twenties when i was obsessed with the book We Are Becoming Galactic Humans. maybe i shoud start looking for Sirius again. does anyone remember that book by any chance?

maybe this lovely gentleman cat was reminding me.

i also wonder if he lived here before his owners moved away. maybe they passed him onto the neighbors when they left town. he seems to know his way around better than we do.

i might take a photo and post him here.

maybe we could post pictures of our pets in another section perhaps? i'd love to see a photo of sir kittles d :)

i come across so many cats that say hello as i walk around that i feel i don't need a pet. i get a daily cat fix anyway. there's even a dog i say hello to now as well. don't you just love animals. we are so lucky to be surrounded by them :)

rose
23-09-2006, 01:38 AM
i agree Light Mage that cats had their spiritual significance undermined by the church...just like women.

two powerful types of beings that obviously were imagined to hold a threat.

BLAIR2BE
24-09-2006, 10:32 PM
good perspective light mage. makes total sense!

imageimaginer
28-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Cats are very loving animals. I've found that when someone has upset me or if I've had a bad day and I'm feeling a little down or a bit angry, worried and frustrated. I come home and the cat seems to be able to sense this and what he does is just sit beside me and purr. It is this purring that always puts my mind at ease and makes me feel good again. So I am always grateful to my little friend for he has helped me out of many many sad times.

imageimaginer
28-09-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm sorry Rose. I think your new friend may be just welcoming you or there maybe something he can sense about you that he really likes.

rose
28-09-2006, 09:12 AM
now i'm embarrassed for sharing that other post *blush*. maybe you're right. maybe he's just your usual opportunist cat that likes many dinners each day.

no harm in thinking there may be more...makes life interesting at least :)

BLAIR2BE
29-09-2006, 01:38 AM
its always good to question. there is so much that we dont know and there is so much we think we know, but will one day find that we were wrong. i persist that cats do have an awareness many other animals lack. there has been so much ado about cats, all throughout recorded history; i tend to think there is more.........

*speaking of this subject: have you seen "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy"??>
"thanks for all the fish" lol

rose
29-09-2006, 12:17 PM
to add to my cat story...as my partner and i were walking up the stairs to our house after work today, a black and white cat who lives a few houses down, bounded up ahead of us and hung outside our door...as if this is a normal occurance and we feed him! i've never see him away from his own property before. never even said hello to him in passing yet.

i think the ginger cat has been talking to the other cats...

dreamer
29-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi Rose, you asked about thoughts on the energy of cats. I had a nice thought (to me anyway) about the energy of cats, and seeing as you asked i will tell you it ho,ho.

My thought was that the enrgy of a cat, or at least the way of a cat is very similar to the energy of what we want - God. (cats were worshipped as Gods in Egypt, maybe this is why?) Cats love to be stroked but hate to be trapped, to entice a cat to sit on your lap you must first allow it time to trust you, you must let it come to you through warm encouragement and persistence in this warm encouragement, if you betray its trust it will remember and you will have to earn that trust again through warmth and persistance, you must demonstrate you are trustworthy and loving for a cat to share its company, one false move and it is off, not out of any malice, but just because it must take care of its own comfort. Given the chance and enough secure loving persistence a cat will want to be stroked all day long, although most cats never find this to the fullest extent. Substitute cats for God and i think it has integrity??

Rose you are lovely, I hope you realise how great your posts are and i genuinely sincerely mean that.

rose
29-09-2006, 01:40 PM
thanks dreamer! i think you are lovely too. i love your sense of humour. it brightens my day when i read your posts. but you're sincere and kind as well.

hang rose! there's a thread for all that LOL

i like your thoughts on the energy of cats immensely! it makes sense to me. it's great to know there are people out there with a deep understanding of cats and respect for them.

i feel blessed when a cat graces me with their presence. they are a special animal.

dreamer
29-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Definately, warm and comforting but elusive too.

feohgoddess
06-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Hi Rose!

We have two cats that we rescued in our back yard when they were newborns. They are a year old now. We have a female and a male (neither are fixed) though I do believe in being a good parent to cats, and alot of people say to get them fixed, I haven't had a problem with my babies. My female doesn't go into heat, and our male never has sprayed. I was reluctant to getting them fixed because I have a feeling I shouldn't. If I didn't have such a strong feeling, I would get them neutered and spayed, but I just know I'm not supposed to. I know alot of people think this is irresponsible, but I know better then to tamper with my intuition.

They are so loyal. I hope you can adopt your little friend. He sounds like a sweetie pie!

I believe that cats are great healers. For instance, whenever I am going through a REALLY rough spot in my path, my cats always know and always come to me and comfort me.

When my 3 year old is in time out and is throwing a tantrum, they always go to her rescue (lol)

Though I love all animals, there is something about cats that draws me to them, and them to me. Everywhere we move we have new cat friends in our back yard. If you're an animal lover animals will pick up on this and lead themselves to you.

I know you said that you move alot, we moved too and our kitties have adapted. So maybe you can adopt him (hehehe)

rose
18-10-2006, 10:45 AM
hi feohgoddess...it took me awhile to reply to your wonderful post *hug*

he belongs to our neighbors sadly...but he is a lovely neighbor himself.

but i think he's been chatting to the other local cats. a black and white cat followed me up the stairs to my door last night and i let him in. he was a very forward and familiar gentleman! he hung out awhile. i wonder if the last tenants fed these cats as well!

on my way walking to work, i met 3 cats who came up and said hello (obviously not a human "hello" to those who think i'm a bit mad :) ) and then on my way home tonight i met another who ran up to me.

maybe it's the universe telling me to settle down in one place and adopt a ....cat! :D they are everywhere!!!! and i am so happy :)

GoldChord
18-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I think the cats are planning to take over the world. They know too much and look at you like you're an idiot for not understanding what they do.

There is a place I go every week where there is a cat in residence. He's pretty cool - just checks everyone out and hangs out. But he only approaches and sits on the laps of specific individuals. These seem to be people of placid and calm energy - in touch with bigger things. He avoids everyone else unless they offer to play with the ball of twine - no cat can resist such attractions.

So Rose, I think your neighborhood cats are sensing your implicit coolness and hanging out with the calm energy you evoke.

Just watch carefully for any signs of plotting...

Take care.

Light Mage
18-10-2006, 11:23 AM
*sigh*

These last couple of weeks I've been thinking about how much I really miss the two cats we used to have when I lived with my mum. When I moved out they had to be re-homed as my mum wasn't able to care for them by herself. When I think of them and remember how sweet they were my heart feels both heavy and light at the same time. I worry about how they're doing and if they're still okay...

But enough of the sad-yet-happy memories.

I found these, they cheer me up: http://kittenwar.com/kittens/winners/ & http://kittenwar.com/view.php?list=winners&offset=10

BLAIR2BE
18-10-2006, 09:49 PM
feohgoddess,
i couldnt bring myself to "fixing" my cat either. i understand the "benefits", but it just isnt natural or fair to little kittles...

BLAIR2BE
18-10-2006, 09:50 PM
ah lightmage, the joy of kittens....

Lapis
18-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Light Mage,

Thanks for that great link about the Kittens. Cat lovers can never get enough Kitten images. They are so much fun and the best entertainment around. :cat:

rose
18-10-2006, 10:23 PM
goldchord...lol...they do seem to plot!! :D

lightmage - thankyou for that hilarious link. i'm going to pass that one on it's so funny.

i'm sad you miss your kitties, i miss my beautiful cat....but i am sure they are happy with their new owners :)

here's a crazy link to cheer you up back. it's kind of weird and silly and the poor cats look really ****ed off.

http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/english/

rose
24-10-2006, 02:26 AM
what is going on????? i got followed home by a big, black, playful dog last night. he walked with me for ages. at first i was nervous having a large dog bound up to me in the dark...but then felt protected.

man i love animals! :D

is anyone else having animals come up to them all the time lately~? i'm curious to know if theis has something to do with changes in the planet etc...or do i just live in a friendly neighborhood?

rose
24-10-2006, 02:52 AM
:cat: :dog: :fish: :bunny: :duckie::

BLAIR2BE
27-10-2006, 04:38 AM
i have an update on my cat family... Kittles's kitten now has a name (not sure of its gender yet, havent examined just yet). its name is Company. Company Cat.

rose
27-10-2006, 06:55 AM
you are a comedy genius blair :D i love it! *hug*

Nighttemplar
27-10-2006, 09:33 AM
I would like to share a strange encounter with a cat. A year last Easter I had an operation that was a tad more serios than originally thought. I went back to school as scheduled but was a good two weeks too early so I struggled for a while.
As part of my recovery and to keep fit I started taking an early morning walk, through a garden, down a gravel path, over a little bridge to an old church. Then back again--about 20 mins!
On the third day a black cat was waiting outside in the garden--I made a fuss of it.
It follwed me on my walk darting off into the undergrowth and returning to be made a fuss of every now and then. It accompanied me on my morning walk for over 3 weeks, then suddenly stopped being there.
No coincidence that at this point I was almost back to being my normal self. I have not seen the cat since and can find nobody on sight who he belongs to.
Bizarre!!! I have adored cats all my life and have never witnessed such behaviour before. Has anyone else???
Night

rose
27-10-2006, 11:12 AM
thanks so much for that experience nighttemplar! cats really are special aren't they? once again...it seems to reinforce what i've heard many times. cats are healers.

so many cat owners say that their cat seems to know when they are down and need love.

when my sister was pregnant, before she found out, her cat would follow her everywhere and meow. even when she went to the toilet. he would sit outside the door and meow.

when her daughter was born she cried a lot! a very noisy baby. the cat would run up to the crib and look at the baby as if to check on her, then run to my sister and meow if she ignored her.

but then again it might have been to say "hey woman! attend to your child so my ears can get some rest...jeez!"

BLAIR2BE
30-10-2006, 10:41 PM
on one hand, cats seem to operate on a very primal level, and on the other hand, cats can show affection; thus there is more there than just primal instincts. to me, it makes sense that, if one puts the two together, you got a creature that wishes to "help", if they take a liking.... cats, throughout history have been the objecty of many myths and legends. im sure there is an intriguing reason why, i do not know tgis reason though...

~Jay~
05-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Just reading this very interesting piece about cats in the times of Atlantis, by Diana Cooper & thought I'd share it here:

Cats are enlightened & independant beings. They are one species who came to Earth so evolved they had nothing to learn from humans and consequently they did not need us. They came from Orion, the great spiritual constellation, which is why their energy was so pure. Even today they are highly independant. In the early days all cats were black and very 'Egyptian-looking'. Black is, of course, the colour of deep mystery and sacred arts. It is the ultimate feminine vibration.

A cat went to every home to help maintain a pure energy there. In later days, their mission was to try to raise the energy in the house. Felines at this golden time were vegetarian, like all high frequency creatures, and allowed themselves to be fed by humans. They were used in temples becuase their psychic ability was so high, so they participated in rituals, and ceremonies and added their energies where they were needed.

Healers always had a cat to boost the power. If a crystal arrangement that was being used for healing was slightly out of alignment, the cat would adjust it, making sure the crystals offered the optimum healing. Cats were always present at deaths too. In those days the spirit often needed to be guided, so their cat travelled out of body to accompany them and make sure they did not get lost.

The Magi also had cats. Hundreds of years later when the pure ones first had a sense of things going wrong with Atlantis, they sent to Orion for more cats to help hold the light on Earth. In pure Atlantis, there were of course no entities or dark thought forms, but later in the devolved times cats would watch over their families and protect them from entities. They still do this, trying to guard their owners and the planet."

Now I'm not saying I take all this as the gospel truth, but it is interesting none the less, huh? :smile:

kundalini
05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Jaycee, I have read the book which this is in - Discover Atlantis. Am I right?

Very interesting book.

~Jay~
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Hi K - yes, that's the book. I'm really enjoying it. I bought another one of hers today as well about the spiritual keys to life (but I can't remember the exact title of it).

I like what she says about all the animals, it's really interesting stuff!

Lapis
06-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Another great sounding book Jaycee!

Funny how this ancient knowledge got degraded over time (typical) to end up with it being a "Witches familiar"! It's like a cartoon image of the old wise woman witch with her all black cat helping her to see and function in different realms. :wink:

The other thing I personally find interesting about what you've said, is my own memories from ancient Egypt and the Elder Lion beings who came from some level of Sirius briefly way back then. The small domestic cat is no doubt an aspect of all this really ancient energy and conscious from other star systems and dimensions.

I've mentioned elsewhere about seeing a new level of cat incarnating on earth over the past 5 years or so now. I've connected with 2 of them over the past few years and they really are very different. I've lived with cats my whole life and these new higher dimensional or higher energy/consciousness cats are very much like what your new book is talking about. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to have a new level of animals incarnating now that there's so much higher energy on earth and that humanity is also being expanded.

The one little guy I have now is so great. He's like a cat/puppy combo! I can lay out canned cat food and cat grass and every time he goes for the grass over any 'normal' food you'd expect a cat of enjoy. He's a vegi kitty. :D

kundalini
08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi K - yes, that's the book. I'm really enjoying it. I bought another one of hers today as well about the spiritual keys to life (but I can't remember the exact title of it).

I like what she says about all the animals, it's really interesting stuff!

I think I've read that book too. Has it got a purple cover?

Kundalini.

~Jay~
09-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Well, more blue than purple I'd say :D Got it infront of me now actually, and it's called "A Little Light on the Spiritual Laws".

kundalini
09-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Hi Jaycee, it might be a different book although I know she did publish one with a purple cover...I think the book I'm thinking of is the follow-up to the one you have mentioned...

In that Discover Atlantis book, Diana Cooper gives an exercise to invoke the Silver Violet Flame. It's a very powerful technique in my opinion.