PDA

View Full Version : anxiety attacks

shandieebony
21-09-2006, 01:25 AM
can anyone help me heal my anxiety or panic attacks? i think about my breathing then its like its hard to breathe but i know i can breathe, then i get dizzy, agitated, nervous i feel terible inside. ive tried to take deep breaths and say relax with each breath but that dosent seem to work. i had a cyst removed from inside my head 1 year ago, mabey thats triggered something? i drive trucks, but now i find when ever i get into them i have these attacks. im married with kids and my family life is a happy one but still i have these attacks.....please help me..... mick from australia...:confused:

BLAIR2BE
21-09-2006, 01:35 AM
first , i would recommend daily meditation (if you do not already). i believe this would profoundly improve the situation, but not instantly. this would be more of a long term treatment. this really works. (if you do not meditate there are many simple ways to begin and learn, just ask)
somthing is causeing these attacks. when one is coming on try to calm yourself. ask yourself where the anxiety is coming from, and truly explore that. really try to find the core root of the cause of the attack. this has helped me in the past.
your energy is yours to control (ive been reminded rescently myself). let it flow and stay positive. always stay positive!!
im not a healer. also i do not know alot about panic/anxiety attacks. but i have had anxiety attacks in the past, and these tidbits helped me some.
i hope this helps in some way:>)

* stay positive and love your life

shandieebony
21-09-2006, 02:40 AM
thank you blair, yes i am taking medication ive only been on it for a week and a bit, like you said i do stop and think why is this happening, i think i have a beautiful wife and kids a nice home and im happy but still they come, i think its work related but what ever it is they are not nice ( the attacks ) if you have had them then you would know what i mean, they are scary and they drain you, mabey i need a bit more time for the tablets to work.......thanks .....mick.

shandieebony
21-09-2006, 02:44 AM
meditation sorry i thought you said medication..ha ha ha i dont know how to meditate...can you teach me?? i find it hard to concentrate even at the best of times.... mick

mikron
21-09-2006, 02:50 AM
Greetings to all This is mikron and I kind of already answered your question in the Health section , MotherGoose posted a question about Bi Polar Disorder ! I myself indicated a stress reducing Healing active meditation called Microcosmic Orbit , it can be done at anytime and does not matter its a busy streetside ! all in very little time ! You can also call in the cosmic rays ie: like the first ray is RED color and is WILL POWER

Namaste

mikron

BLAIR2BE
21-09-2006, 03:14 AM
well, for a beginner, ill tell you how i first began to meditate. this is simple and anyone can learn to meditate using this method...
find a peacefull hour (or half hour depending...an hour is better) and a quiet room.
be sure you wont be disturbed.
find a comfortable place to sit (i prefer the floor, indian style, mabey on a thick quilt, but whatever works for you - this is personal).
light a candle and dim the lights.
(you may prefer some kind of music, but silence works best for many).
focus on the candle flame (you may use anything as a focal point, a candle flame is a very good one though, and easy to work with, the best i think).
take slow, deep, relaxed breaths for several minutes.
relax your toes completely, one at a time.
take as long as you need.
once the toes are relaxed on each foot, relax the feet completely.
one at a time.
do this throughout your body; fingers, hands, legs, etc. it is important to do each part singularly and relax it totally. oh and go in body order.
also remember to keep your breath slow relaxed and deep (but not so much that you have to exert much energy).
always focus on the candle flame.
once your entire body is completly and totally at ease, go inward. relax your stomache, your chest, your lungs.
now it is time for your mind. deliberately quiet all thoughts of the day. focus on the flame. quiet that voice that is telling you to breath slow and deep. empty you mind of all thought.

this will work (for anyone). but you must commit to it. practice makes perfect. the first several times may not do anything for you. you may even feel silly. this is normal.

but over time, as you continue (daily) you will become better and better, this i promise!!
this simple meditation is good for those who have never tried. its good for the experienced as well. there are many long and complicated and structured meditation techniques out there. sure, some are good. many times totally unnessesary though. this one can work as good as any complicated one, if you stick with it. my mother had an out of body experince with this technique, and she has never been "into" this stuff. but shes a believer in the power of meditation now (shes bapbtist btw). good luck, and let me know how it goes if u try it. private message me as well if u wish!!

BLAIR2BE
21-09-2006, 03:15 AM
over time with this tech., youll figure out nuances that work for you and that will improve the experience.

BLAIR2BE
21-09-2006, 03:29 AM
one final thought, on visualizing...
some will recommend that you visualize somthing to make the process easier. this is sometime true. the goal is to blank the mind though, that is why i have trouble the the whole visualize thing. for me a visualization leads to more thoughts. so that is what the candle is for. i recommend just the candle and no visualization. you may ask for a second opinion on this final note.....

BLAIR2BE
21-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Ok Ive Decided, For This Particular Exercise, having No Visualization Works Best.

mikron
21-09-2006, 06:20 AM
good to see Blair2 ,you have passion to work creativly on your issue be creative to link with your Soul ! there is only one way to reach higher Light ... it is what ever path you choose from your true self !

Namaste

mikron

Bob23
21-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Hey Shandieebony,

I'm glad you got some relief last night in chat.

It would seem the solution was in your hands all along.

Watch yourself,

Bob23. :wink:

Dariel
21-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Hi,

Good mediation and relaxing technique to stat with by blair2be.
I hade anxiety attacks in the past and I got help with yoga practise and especially the breathing techinques so when it i felt the attack is starting i force myself to start yoga breathing and I also told my body that I it will not control my life but I control it myself and I concentrated at the same time into the calmness and quiteness inside me. We all have this state of quietness inside us and it is good to practise to find this in mediation. Even if few minutes to start with but to concentrate inside and feel that calm and peaceful state and keep it few minutes or even one minute to start with and then make it longer when it gets easier. So it is easier for you to find that feeling also when you need also without meditating. That helped me immediately.
You would probably get help from energy healing. Me myself do pranic healing and at least we do talk about these kind of problems and I know pranic healing is done in Australia a lot so maybe that could help you also.

Lots of light and peace to you
Dariel

rose
21-09-2006, 10:37 PM
i found the Bach Flowers rescue remedy very helpful. you can buy it in most health food stores or chemists. you just drop about 4 drops onto your tongue and it absorbs into your bloodstream.

it's very good at helping panic, stress or trauma symptoms.

shandieebony
22-09-2006, 01:13 AM
mikron can you please explain more?

curious1
29-10-2006, 10:49 AM
A little known fact about panick attacks.....they are often preceded by a trance-like state, aka depersonalisation.....you feel yourself 'going' somewhere, things can seem like theyre not real, you can feel like youre outside your body, you appear much bigger or smaller than normal, things like that. A lot of people can trance like this, a lot of people also find it very distressing and think theyre going mad. This can set off your fight or flight reaction (think adrenalin) and there you go full on into a panick attack!!!! STARING often causes trances, especially when you are tired, stressed and/or havent eaten. People usually trance when they are reading, on the computer, DRIVING...... does this sound like you????? Once you know what causes your trances its quite easy to stop them...dont stare too much and if you feel one coming do lots of blinking. Hope this helps.:smile:

dreamer
29-10-2006, 02:13 PM
The thing about panic attacks is that they are incidious, they creep up on you and catch you totally unawares, once you have one, the fear of having another is enough to trigger the next one off, and it's a complete loss of control that freaked me out, no matter what i tried they still occured and it was always a fear of facing the fear (talking in public for me) that started them off, it was a fight or flight response where the flight path was blocked off and i was afraid fight. For me I found that martial arts worked best as well as addressing issues of lack of self worth and fear of trying new things, sometimes you just gotta jump in the deep end and get past the fear, a good life coach might help. This might help as well www.thesecret.tv I really wish you well.