PDA

View Full Version : Keeping my spirituality, not losing it... Thoughts?

alcyone
23-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I have a question for you all, if anyone wants to answer since you're all spiritual people I figured I might get some valuable insight here.:smile:

In the past, due to "bad", for lack of a better term, experiences with being a spiritual person, due to getting way too deep into trance states and meditations where I saw visions and astral projected way out of my body and into the universe outside of earth, I completely shut down my spirituality for a good 8 years.

I'm still very young, so I'm happy this happened at an early age rather than later in life where I might get "stuck in my ways".

So today, and I know this sounds a bit intense, I have regained my spiritual nature through a series of three days. The first two days were a hell within a hell in experiences that *could* have landed me in a psych ward, and the third day was a release of all that I had previously feared. A outpouring of nothingness, in the form of tears.

I don't feel scared anymore of spirituality, and I've consumed so much information that I have so many tools I can use to further my development and interest.

My question is, and there are a few. Once you got past the fear (if you had any) of spirituality and the spiritual side of yourself which is calm and yet- powerful and in the moment, what did you do? What was your first step toward a better or more proactive spiritually driven life?

Right now I feel inclined to just enjoy the ride, enjoy the calm inner state of mind I have. I guess I want to go even deeper into that calmness, where I am one with all that is around me. But I guess, on some level, I don't want to shift again to a state of fear. How can I make the inner peace and calm mind something that is permanent?

Baile
23-02-2016, 01:38 PM
what did you do? What was your first step toward a better or more proactive spiritually driven life?I joined a spiritual community from my mid 20s to my mid 40s. Taught me about spiritual growth through inner self-development and thought discipline.Right now I feel inclined to just enjoy the rideSounds like you know what you need to do.

kkfern
23-02-2016, 01:46 PM
there is more, there is always more. you hit a plateau when you can just look out at the landscape and enjoy. then you will move again.

first step???? it seems like so many steps were my first step. each new thing was a first step. ssoooo many firsts. i am in my 60's so it has been a full adventurous life. just buckle up and enjoy the ride.

kk

Jyotir
23-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Hi Aesta,

Fear is always a derivative of separation, which is ultimately a false cognition.

It is also possible that one subtle mode of separative consciousness, separative cognition, is found in an implicit or unconscious attachment to phenomena, appearances, etc., including so-called 'spiritual' ones which may actually be misleading.

The only solution is in becoming a fully surrendered instrument of Spirit, in whatever form that might take, which is an ongoing process. That is the only real authenticity.

It seems you are responding to that call.

~ J