PDA

View Full Version : Can spirituality and mental health be linked?

Kinki
21-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Hey. I am a 23 year old man, who has been to the mental hospital. Where i got diagnosed paranoid schizo..

I dont feel like a i am paranoid at all, neither do i feel schizo, can this be a "cover up" for my intended spiritually evolvement? All in all i think that i had something spiritual awakening prior to my hospitalization.

I was on a New Age Forum, writing down everything i experienced. I remember a feeling of euphoria and slowly letting go of my "ego" and falling more and more into a trance from letting go, until i faded or fell into a meditation on the ground in front of my pc with closed eyes, i had this feeling of joy or energy being pushed to my third eye or pineal gland, it felt like a tree sprewing up from a seed in a second, and i saw this fantastic energy yellow green and red flowing in my head ( :D ) I had the most extreme anxiety looking at it, but it only lasted a second, i opened my eyes.

I am wondering this alot. Ever since the first day i was at the mental hospital.
I met many people my age that could go out of body, and one boy communicated through music with me.

Who the heck do i tell these very spiritual experiences? Bare in mind i have never heard voices or seen anything, it has all been "delusion" i dont even know why i take the medicine, it is only worsening my senses, its like poison to me..

Kinki
21-02-2016, 09:18 PM
Or that "i am not allowed" "spirituality"

naturesflow
21-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Hey. I am a 23 year old man, who has been to the mental hospital. Where i got diagnosed paranoid schizo..

I dont feel like a i am paranoid at all, neither do i feel schizo, can this be a "cover up" for my intended spiritually evolvement? All in all i think that i had something spiritual awakening prior to my hospitalization.

I was on a New Age Forum, writing down everything i experienced. I remember a feeling of euphoria and slowly letting go of my "ego" and falling more and more into a trance from letting go, until i faded or fell into a meditation on the ground in front of my pc with closed eyes, i had this feeling of joy or energy being pushed to my third eye or pineal gland, it felt like a tree sprewing up from a seed in a second, and i saw this fantastic energy yellow green and red flowing in my head ( :D ) I had the most extreme anxiety looking at it, but it only lasted a second, i opened my eyes.

I am wondering this alot. Ever since the first day i was at the mental hospital.
I met many people my age that could go out of body, and one boy communicated through music with me.

Who the heck do i tell these very spiritual experiences? Bare in mind i have never heard voices or seen anything, it has all been "delusion" i dont even know why i take the medicine, it is only worsening my senses, its like poison to me..

So is the experience alone was why you were admitted and diagnosed or was their more to this hospitalization?

If their is more to you in behaviour and experiences then I wouldn't just focus on the experience you mention alone. Much more would come into this in relation to your mental state and well being.

When I was walking through my own altered reality shifting my awareness, things were very heightened and very strange to break through old views and skewed ideas of reality and life in me. During that time people were doubting my mental health. I was in fact losing it in so many ways, but lucky for me no one took over and put me in hospital. So I had to walk through it all and allowed more people to support me from every walk of life. It worked out well because I then had a natural balance of support that showed me many varying views of myself. I was then able to nut it all out and put things together myself. So intervention was minimal but there in lots of ways. All I had to do was open up to it.

But certainly to answer your question mental health and spiritual awakening can be linked closely. So the type of mental breakdown involved is delicate and unique for each of us, so the needs are as unique in this understanding, your process and needs are unique to you. So their are many ways to support people in light of their mental wellbeing. Medication and hospitalization are part of that support. But support can certainly be extended into other ways and fields to suit your own personal needs as you grow and need more.

When your having experiences like this everything opens up, so your physical, emotional and mental will and can open as one, like myself, so you have to build a balance of support for all aspects. Not just medicate alone to numb down everything.

Medication might be what you need for now, but I would seek out more help to support your natural sense or awareness that this medication is poisoning and not supporting the overall health of your own wellbeing, (your aware enough to sense this, so listen and trust yourself and look for alternatives or alternative help )also people aware and who have had similar experiences would understands this stuff where you can sort and share your experience to understand more of this. There are many here who are more informed and have a deeper understanding, so your beginning this process already just by opening and sharing here. I don't know who you need, or what you need, they are only suggestions. But certainly being aware of all aspects in this is important.

And sourcing help in a few ways can support you greatly.

Raven Poet
21-02-2016, 11:48 PM
Hi, Kinki. I think there is a link. I have no hard scientific data to base that on. More personal observations.

I think we live in a diversity-phobic world. Quite often if someone expresses something that is different from the mainstream sheeple mentality, the first thing the "experts" do is try to assign a mental "illness".

But I wonder, what if it "illness" is not illness but merely another way of experiencing/seeing the mysteries in this world?

I think of a young man in one of the schools I work at. I can't for certain remember his diagnosis - I think it was paranoid schizophrenia. But I experienced him as a deeply spiritual person - he "knew things" on a totally different level. He could pick up on others' thoughts and musings. He is a kind, wise, old soul.

Of course, he does sometimes has thoughts that are harmful/unhealthy for him. So maybe there are some crossed wires in his neuropathways that can at times pose a risk for him.

Many others I know who are gifted artists and seers all have some kind of mental illness diagnosis. I myself have "depression" - but I think of it more as a heightened sensitivity to other realms/energies. Yet I do have to be careful, because whatever it is going on in my brain can sometimes pose a risk to my wellness when I get into a really low mood. But I actually enjoy my heightened awareness.

So in summary, I believe that many folks who have a mental illness diagnosis also have a higher sense of knowing/seeing. The key is to be safe and well, and if our neurological systems sometimes pose a threat to safety and wellness, we need to take care of ourselves medically.

But sometimes its mainstream society that I think has the real "problem" with being able to see and sense all the multitudes of spiritual phenomenon in our world. They can't understand some things so they pathologize it.

Serenity69
22-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Watch The Mental Film On DVD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWySZFbCmSU

Serenity69
22-02-2016, 10:08 AM
I Think There Are Lower Astral Entities Affecting Some Mental Patients Minds

TerraStorm
22-02-2016, 11:38 AM
Kinki your experience sounds like a kundalini awakening

Have a read of this article online

http://ourlightbody.com/index.php/part-iii-human-metamorphosis/chapter-6-all-about-kundalini/kundalini-awakening-symptoms