PDA

View Full Version : Needing Help Spiritually (Anger/Frustration)

Philomath777
17-02-2016, 02:35 AM
So, for the past few years I've been feeling as if I do not necessarily wish I had specific aspects about myself. Although, I have been able to "make peace" with a lot of these specific aspects. I am finding it more and more difficult to keep doing this. It seems that these aspects are getting tougher and tougher as I "eliminate" one after another. Which makes sense in a certain light.

I am wanting to know how do I "deal" with the aspects of anger and frustration though. When I do get angry or frustrated I am unable to keep my higher mind for some reason and I think that this is because of how quickly and powerfully it comes upon me through my absorbing/taping into/giving energy to (whatever it is that makes me feel anger and frustration).

I'm starting to meditate more or less hourly as well and have been practicing for 10 or so years.

Also, please do not advise me to ask for some deity/guardian angel/spirit to take this away as I will insist that I must be the one to do it. Without any help but general guidance (like now) and for the wisdom to see these aspects that are not beneficial to my wellbeing and the wellbeing of others. I do have the greatest confidence in myself to finally check off these last few aspects; including these two.

Thank you for your time in reading my plea for help. I am curious to see what knowledge and wisdom I can gain before I start the final battle.

Deepsoul
17-02-2016, 03:54 AM
I work with Jesus and Man does that change you up ,You seem confident that you've got it so I guess if it dosent work out youll have to try something different , I don't mind the help of an ascended master as this stuff can be full on...

Nameless
17-02-2016, 03:54 AM
Anger and frustration are just emotions. There is no need to fear emotions, but usually fear is hiding behind them.

Allow yourself to feel the emotion when it happens. If you get angry at someone, walk away - go for a walk, leave the room - 10 minutes should be enough to calm down before you go back into the situation. While you are waiting to calm down and you have left the situation, ask yourself - what am I afraid of? See if you get an answer. You are your own guide, you are the only one connected to your inner being that knows this answer. Whatever answer you get, thank it, and be with it for a moment

Then, when you have some quiet time later, sit down in a comfortable chair, or lay down on a bed, somewhere quiet, and ask your inner being to help you with this, and then say to yourself, I allow the help in. Think about the situation, now that you are calm and without anger, and see if you can picture it as if this problem/situation was a thread, and you have the end of the string, and see if you can follow this thread back to the beginning of it - whatever brought this fear into your life, and then when you get to the beginning of it, follow the thread back to the end of it. I have had a few intense realizations doing this, of why I allowed myself to have certain experiences in my life that I chose (because I believe we always choose to experience these things before we get here) and what impact choosing that situation brought to my life. Sometimes it wasn't even about me, it was about someone else, but having that situation in my life somehow helped someone else. That's pretty trippy.

Anyway, that's one thing that helped me understand that every negative emotion we have is usually hiding a fear, and if you can find the fear and walk through it, and then face the fear (in real life) just one, it no longer has any power over you.

Also too though, don't be afraid of emotions, because emotions are not the truth, they are just emotions trying to get your attention, to tell you something about yourself.

Have fun with it and lighten up abit, and think of it as an exciting adventure (rather than the negative connotation about a "battle" - set a different tone and it may be easier.)

It never hurts to hit the easy button too. Just tell yourself it will be easy, and you are hitting the easy button. Whenever I do that, it doesn't matter about what, beforehand, whatever it is is just easier.

I also ask the Sky for help, and allow their help, but that is just me, and probably not necessary for you to do :). You have all the energy and power to find and correct this within you, just allow that you are worthy of your own power and you can do it.

My 2 cents anyway. Hope it helps.

Philomath777
17-02-2016, 01:28 PM
I work with Jesus and Man does that change you up ,You seem confident that you've got it so I guess if it dosent work out youll have to try something different , I don't mind the help of an ascended master as this stuff can be full on...

It is my goal to become a Guru/Shaman/Monk kind of person. I wanted to take the harder path because otherwise I feel as if personally I wouldn't be able to understand those who are trying to do the same. There is more to it than that but I'll leave it here.

Philomath777
17-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Anger and frustration are just emotions. There is no need to fear emotions, but usually fear is hiding behind them.

Allow yourself to feel the emotion when it happens. If you get angry at someone, walk away - go for a walk, leave the room - 10 minutes should be enough to calm down before you go back into the situation. While you are waiting to calm down and you have left the situation, ask yourself - what am I afraid of? See if you get an answer. You are your own guide, you are the only one connected to your inner being that knows this answer. Whatever answer you get, thank it, and be with it for a moment

Then, when you have some quiet time later, sit down in a comfortable chair, or lay down on a bed, somewhere quiet, and ask your inner being to help you with this, and then say to yourself, I allow the help in. Think about the situation, now that you are calm and without anger, and see if you can picture it as if this problem/situation was a thread, and you have the end of the string, and see if you can follow this thread back to the beginning of it - whatever brought this fear into your life, and then when you get to the beginning of it, follow the thread back to the end of it. I have had a few intense realizations doing this, of why I allowed myself to have certain experiences in my life that I chose (because I believe we always choose to experience these things before we get here) and what impact choosing that situation brought to my life. Sometimes it wasn't even about me, it was about someone else, but having that situation in my life somehow helped someone else. That's pretty trippy.

Anyway, that's one thing that helped me understand that every negative emotion we have is usually hiding a fear, and if you can find the fear and walk through it, and then face the fear (in real life) just one, it no longer has any power over you.

Also too though, don't be afraid of emotions, because emotions are not the truth, they are just emotions trying to get your attention, to tell you something about yourself.

Have fun with it and lighten up abit, and think of it as an exciting adventure (rather than the negative connotation about a "battle" - set a different tone and it may be easier.)

It never hurts to hit the easy button too. Just tell yourself it will be easy, and you are hitting the easy button. Whenever I do that, it doesn't matter about what, beforehand, whatever it is is just easier.

I also ask the Sky for help, and allow their help, but that is just me, and probably not necessary for you to do :). You have all the energy and power to find and correct this within you, just allow that you are worthy of your own power and you can do it.

My 2 cents anyway. Hope it helps.

I understand what you are saying and if I do have some fear attached with my anger/frustration then I must not know about it at all because there is nothing that I fear (or I thought so, I will meditate and think about this though).

HAHA ya, I had already hit the easy button before I got to where I am now. It was only a week or so ago that I had asked for my next "lesson". Whenever I do ask during meditation I always gain the wisdom that I need to better myself but then again I never want to ask someone to help me with the actual issue. I just ask for the wisdom to know what I personally need to do.

I'll try that thread thing because I can feel that there is an answer... it is just clouded at the moment.

Jyotir
17-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Hi Philomath777,

"...whatever it is that makes me feel anger and frustration"

Anger may be seen as the focus on, or intensification of frustration.
Then consider that frustration is the result of expectation - unfulfilled.

Further, expectation is specific to desire - so in that case, 'higher mind' is already absent well before the frustration results.

I would suggest self-examining the role of expectation and its (veiled) self-interest - vs. patience, surrender, humility, etc. in relation to Spirit - as the origin of frustration.

It may seem counter-intuitive, but spiritually speaking, a predominant qualification of leadership is found in the willingness to follow, to surrender a personal willfulness to the Divine (Transcendent) Will - as the surrendered instrument of it. This is not so easily achieved, because it means the elimination of ego/personality ambition, and the acquisition of a patient surrender - essentially the inverse of normal human life and long practiced patterns of desire-mind behavior.

For instance, when asking for help, it’s presumptuous (in the spiritual context) to specify (implicit demand) how, what form, from whom, what way - help will be offered. Not to mention implied (or even explicit) demands/expectations for the timing. That’s an attempt to assert a good deal of control (ego based), while at the same time expecting fulfillment of 'need' - as self-defined. That doesn't allow for Spirit to REDEFINE 'you' - e.g., transformation - per Spirit's needs (the Divine Will)...which is really what spirituality is.

Spirit doesn’t really respond well to such conflicted assertiveness - conflicted because inherently opposed to spiritual approach, and therefore to your true self - and maybe that is the 'battle' (and frustration and anger) you refer to. But at the same time, Spirit will generously allow you the freedom to experience the results of it...

...which may lead to wisdom.

~J

The Taoist
17-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Philomath777:

Ah.hh..h..'.tis a fine day to be Irish.

Now, as to the emotion of anger and the identification of this particular expression, this is an emotion which you have attached very strong beliefs to in association with it, and in the attachment of your beliefs associated with this particular emotion, you also alter the expression of it.

In this, anger in itself is merely an expression of a restlessness and an aggressiveness.

Now; aggression may be viewed in a positive manner, and in a destructive manner, dependent upon your perception of the expression itself, and your perception of the intent of the expression.

Now; you have developed identifications and definitions associated with this particular emotion, for this particular emotion is expressed in an intensity. It also may be created quite spontaneously, and many times is expressed in relation to interaction with outside stimulus.

In this, in relation to its association with duplicity, you have created very strong identifications and definitions concerning this particular emotion. Few individuals within our physical reality view the emotion of anger as positive. Most individuals view this particular emotion to be detrimental, destructive and hurtful.

In this, as you concentrate your energy in the expression of judgment in intensity, that this particular emotion is bad and should be eliminated or reconfigured. The very element that you wish not to be perpetuating, you DO perpetuate through your concentration of judgment upon it, and as you allow yourself to be accepting, you will deflate, in a manner of speaking, the power which is held in the perpetuation of that expression.

Understand that, you are not eliminating your beliefs. You are not eliminating your emotions. You are not eliminating thoughts. These are all base elements of the design of this particular physical dimension. You are merely altering the expression of them through the acceptance of self and belief systems, and this does in actuality alter your reality and expand your awareness.

Therefore, as you allow yourself to identify the definitions that you hold presently in your reality, and recognize the judgments that are associated with these definitions, and allow yourself movement into acceptance, you are altering your reality in that action of redefining.

Now; in the recognition of “tapping into the expressions” of these energies, this is not necessarily an expression to you that you are lending energy, to the perpetuation of that movement. You are, in this aspect of your recognition, merely identifying the recognition of the energy expression itself.
Now; subsequent to that recognition, how you choose to engage that identification of energy is the defining factor of what direction you shall choose to express your energy.

Therefore, pay attention, my friend. Do not discount yourself, for although you may have created temporary irritation, you also allowed yourself to turn your attention to you and to express your individual choices, and to create your own movement not being dictated to by other individuals. And therefore you allow yourself choice.

And to assist you further...here is a base structure to assist you in your transition.

#1. Get in touch with the Belief that is causing this anger or frustration.

#2. Once you get in touch with the Belief that is generating this anger, then acknowledge that this is your current Belief. "Own" it. (You can not change what you do not own.)

#3. Ask yourself: "What Belief would I like to REPLACE this Belief with?"

#4. Once you decide what your new preferred Belief is, accept it. Breath it in. TRUST that this new Belief is now active and functioning in your Being. (You don't need to "get rid of" the old Belief. You only need to replace it with your preferred Belief.)

Get into the Mind-Set of the new Belief.

Get into the Emotional-Feeling State of the new Belief.

Get into the Actions of the new Belief.

I hope this helps you in your current challenge, my friend.

In Light & Peace Taoist

Baile
17-02-2016, 04:16 PM
It is my goal to become a Guru/Shaman/Monk kind of person.I spent 25 years thinking (and being told) I needed to become an enlightened student of spirit. The thing was though I was always angry back then, the opposite of enlightened. Then I had an epiphany one day. I saw that my dissatisfaction and anger was entirely related to all the spiritual doctrine and dogma I'd adopted over the years. All that mind pollution. And so I let it all go: all the spiritual dogma and all the new-age beliefs. My happiness back then: 4 out of 10. Happiness now: 10, every day, all day, for years now.

Guru? Shaman? Monk? Unless you currently eat, sleep, pray and live in a temple, or dance around a fire pit every night playing a didgeridoo, what do those words and abstract concepts even mean to your life, right now? How is wanting to be any of that relevant to your reality in this moment? How much of your potential joy, happiness and contentedness is being undermined as a result of your frustration at what you want to be, and what you currently think you aren't?

My experience: Inner progress is not vertical. You don't move up some knowledge ladder and eventually become a Guru. Rather, it is a process of continually radiating out joy, happiness and contentedness in all directions. When you are joyful, happy and content, you are everything you ever need to be. You have achieved it and become it. And the process then is to simply live it.

Baile
17-02-2016, 04:37 PM
before I start the final battle.I missed this the first time round.

Battle. Fight. War. Anger. Frustration.
Peace. Release. Joy. Happiness. Contentedness.

It's always our choice. It's always how we choose to see it, how we choose to interpret it, how we choose to react to it, how we choose to engage with it.

Kar3n
17-02-2016, 04:49 PM
So, for the past few years I've been feeling as if I do not necessarily wish I had specific aspects about myself. Although, I have been able to "make peace" with a lot of these specific aspects. I am finding it more and more difficult to keep doing this. It seems that these aspects are getting tougher and tougher as I "eliminate" one after another. Which makes sense in a certain light.

I am wanting to know how do I "deal" with the aspects of anger and frustration though. When I do get angry or frustrated I am unable to keep my higher mind for some reason and I think that this is because of how quickly and powerfully it comes upon me through my absorbing/taping into/giving energy to (whatever it is that makes me feel anger and frustration).

I'm starting to meditate more or less hourly as well and have been practicing for 10 or so years.

Also, please do not advise me to ask for some deity/guardian angel/spirit to take this away as I will insist that I must be the one to do it. Without any help but general guidance (like now) and for the wisdom to see these aspects that are not beneficial to my wellbeing and the wellbeing of others. I do have the greatest confidence in myself to finally check off these last few aspects; including these two.

Thank you for your time in reading my plea for help. I am curious to see what knowledge and wisdom I can gain before I start the final battle.

I like using the following before meditation to deal with emotions. It has been most helpful. This technique was developed by Michael Brown

LANDING OUT OF THE MENTAL PLANE

The common denominator within any encounter of being upset is that we feel a level of discomfort. Instinctively, when confronted by an upset, we react through an expression of:

Emotional feelings.

By entertaining mental thoughts forms or stories.

Through outwardly projected physical behavior.

Whether we are aware of it or not, no matter what reactive approach we take when upset, by reacting to the upset we are attempting to sedate and control what we perceive is happening to us from our awareness. And, all sedation and control in the face of an upset is "the pushing of our shadow away from us", and consequently, a forced ascension of our awareness into the mental plane. The more we push away at the experience of "being upset", the more ungrounded we become.

When we consciously observe an upsetting experience we real eyes there are three distinct aspects to it; a physical, mental, and emotional:

The physical aspects are the circumstances or person/s that triggered the upset, and they are also the physical behaviors we are considering initiating as a consequence of whatever occurred.

The mental aspect is the story we are telling ourselves about what happened, who did what, why it happened, and whose fault it was.

The emotional aspect is how this upset is causing us to feel. The emotional aspect of any upset is accessible to us as both an uncomfortable feeling state, and emotion which we may call fear, anger, and/or grief, and as a corresponding physical sensation anchored within our body.

Here are a set of instructions inviting you to consciously enter the grounding experience we are discussing:

Remember the most recent occasion in which you felt upset. Notice how you use the mental plane as a corridor to recall the details of the incident; it obediently delivers your attention to the moment of the incident that initially triggered you. This is a useful application of the mental plane; using it as a means to fly your attention from one moment to another – whether this moment is currently unfolding or is already past. To enter a portal of upset you may also choose an upsetting experience from the past that has been festering within your thought forms right up to this present moment. You will find that your awareness of any past unintegrated event diminishes and seemingly completely disappears when you are busy and engaged within life’s demands, (which may be why you engage yourself so actively in so many "doings"). However, as you try to go to sleep at night, or as you awake in the morning, its resonance of disquiet dutifully returns. This type of upset is ripe for the picking. Whatever is upsetting you, whether something happening right now, or something from the past that is still nagging at you, is a way in.

As you recall the upset of your choosing, instead of engaging in the mental aspect of the experience, or upon the physical actions you may be considering, place your attention fully on "the feeling" accompanying it. Take note of where this uncomfortable feeling is located as a physical sensation in your body. It does not matter what you call this uncomfortable feeling, whether it is fear, anger, and/or grief. Your only task is to feel it, and while feeling it, to simultaneously take note of where it is within your physical body. Whatever the uncomfortable emotional state is that accompanies the upset, it is also reflected as a physical sensation within your body. Your task is to place your attention within this physical sensation and to "cradle it". How? Momentarily bring to mind the image of The Madonna & Child: She is gently cradling the child in her arms; there is no movement within her posture, and no attempt to change or understand anything. Her only intention is to embrace the innocence contained within her arms. As you place your attention upon the uncomfortable feeling of this upset, cradle it in this manner; there is no physical movement required from your body, nor any mental participation in this practice other than using the mental body as a means to place and hold your attention fully within your physical body upon the sensational location of your emotional discomfort.

As you cradle the uncomfortable feeling with your attention, keep your eyes open. Yes, open. As you place your attention upon the feeling within, do not close your eyes and escape from the outer physical reality of the moment you are currently engaging. The eyes you place upon this inner discomfort, the eyes that have the capacity to "feel", are the eyes of the heart. While the eyes of the heart attend to this inner feeling, allow the eyes of the physical body to rest in stillness, open, gently embracing the presence of the outer world. Notice how, as you place the eyes of the heart on the inner feeling, you instinctively want to close your eyes and disappear. This is the old habit of "mentally running away" which has often been disguised as "a spiritual practice". Do not leave, do not fly off, stay here.

Now, if you choose to, place this piece of writing down, and enter this practice for a few minutes. Pay attention to the inner and outer experience it initiates. Here are the instructions for brief review:

Remember the most recent occasion in which you felt upset.

As you recall the upset, instead of engaging your attention in the mental aspect of the experience, or in the physical actions you are considering taking, place your attention fully on the accompanying feeling. take note of where this feeling is located as a physical sensation in your body. Cradle this feeling in that location.

As you cradle the uncomfortable feeling with your attention, keep your eyes open. Simultaneously watch both the inner feeling and the outer world.

Do not be concerned if you struggle to keep your attention hooked onto the feeling aspect of the recalled upset. Remember that the eyes of the heart are weak because we live upon a planet that does not consciously develop them or appreciate what they are able to show us. The eyes of the heart develop organically through our consistent use of them.

When approaching an upset consciously in this manner, by placing our full attention on the felt-aspect of the experience, instead of escaping into mental activity or any physical behavior the mental plane encourages, we notice almost immediate occurrences:

We begin feeling more grounded into our life experience. This is because these uncomfortable feelings lead us directly into an awareness of the shadow we run away from, and by consciously drawing the shadow towards us, we approach the runway of reality. Approaching the experience of "being grounded" may be so unfamiliar to us, that as we consciously engage our landing gear, we experience a sense of anxiety. It is a bit like the moment just before a plane’s wheels impact the runway; there is a sense of "holding on" or "holding back". However, the moment we allow ourselves to relax into the uncomfortable felt-resonance within the upset we are recalling, we gradually come down to earth and appreciate the groundedness initiated by the experience. This grounding causes a sense of relief, just like the moment after touching down on the runway and knowing we are once again safely upon the earth.

Once we are grounded into the physical location of the feeling within our body, we notice that an energetic movement begins within this sensation. The actual sensation through which the uncomfortable emotional state is anchored into our physical body, which has been stuck or blocked, starts transforming. It transforms because our awareness is our tool of transformation. Often this inner movement is experienced as an upward rise of energy through our chest area and up into our head which may culminate in tearing up. Yes, as we sink down into it, it rises up! Who would have thought?

outwardly, we also notice that the more grounded into the inner feeling we become, the more alive, vital, and animated the world around us becomes. Our experience of being here upon earth ceases to appear as a flat inanimate encounter, but instead takes on a textured hue, an energetic aura. This is because we, through consciously grounding ourselves, arrive more fully into the present moment of our current experience. Only when we allow ourselves to engage fully with the moment we are in now do we real eyes how heavenly this earthly experience is.

GARDENING OUR HEART

It is up to us to give ourselves the experience of the consequences of consciously gardening our heart. If we require "understanding" before we are willing to take on this responsibility, it is only because we are trying to comprehend what is being offered here from our seat within the maze of the mental plane.

The heart cannot be understood; it can only be engaged. Only when we engage our heart do we enter a marriage made in heaven.

The following simple practice, when engaged consistently, shows us, through personal experience, that it is the garden of the heart from which all the fruits of a joyful, healthy, and abundant life experience are seeded, cultivated, and harvested. It is also from within the garden of the heart that we consciously awaken to the experience of the conscious death that fruits eternal rebirth. By tending to the garden of the heart consistently each day, we experience the miraculous. It reveals to us what it really means to "love and take care of ourselves"; to stand by ourselves no matter what. To initiate this encounter with the heart it is recommended we tend to our garden for a few minutes at the beginning and the end of each day, and also in the midst of any unexpected upset. This is how simple it is:

We sit comfortably in a quiet place where we will not be interrupted. (If we truly seek to be authentic when entering this practice, we switch our cell phone to "off". Otherwise, we are just doing this because nothing else is currently stealing our attention.)

We recall an upset, whether it is something that happened recently, or something currently festering within our physical, mental, and emotional experience.

We drop the story and the details of the physical events surrounding it, and instead place our attention fully on "how we feel about it".

Where seek out where we feel this discomfort within our body? We place our attention within this location and "cradle it".

While keeping the eyes of our heart upon the uncomfortable feeling within our body, we simultaneously keep our physical eyes open, and in a relaxed manner, we observe the world before us.

We observe how the inner feeling moves, and how, as it does, the outer world simultaneously increases in presence.

When we stray off into the mental again, we gently bring our attention back into the inner feeling within our body and simultaneously upon the presence of the outer world.

We cradle this experience for as long as we feel necessary.

NOTE: If we do not have an upset to consciously work with, we enter the practice by consciously placing our attention within the center of our chest and hold it there, following the above instructions, until we feel complete. The practice of consistently placing of our attention within the center of our chest is equally powerful in initiating "the death experience" that invites the blessing of rebirth within all unintegrated aspects of our life experience.

Eventually, through this practice, we discover that the feelings of discomfort underlying our unintegrated upsets are gradually integrated and replaced by stillness, silence, and a sense of balance and peace within our heart. Over time these feelings of balance and peace organically radiate into our thoughts and are reflected back through our outer physical circumstances.

As a consequence of daily and consistently facing our shadow and grounding ourselves through it, we begin also decreasing our addiction to escaping into the mental plane as a means to initiate a change in the quality of our life experience. We discover, when consistently attending to the garden of the heart in this way, by watering, weeding, and fertilizing it with our cradled attention, that it gradually lifts unnoticed veils and reveals the depth of the immensity of the life experience available to us all in each moment. By attending to the heart in this manner, the teachings we receive internally through revelation free us of "following others", of wandering through endless conceptual spiritual mazes, and of "the seekers seemingly unscratchable itch". This practice gradually frees us of "spiritual delusion", or "the spiritual disease", as Adyashanti aptly calls it.

As we become familiar with "the death experience", and surrender to the companionship of its divine presence within the ever-changing currents of our life, we are reborn, again, and again, and again. This rebirthing nourishes a deepening awareness of what it means "to live fully within the radiance of the present moment".

Entering life more fully, by consciously and consistently entering the heart, really is this simple. However, to fully receive the revelation of the simple teaching shared here, requires experientially entering "the heart of the matter" as a way of being in this world and not as "something we need to do, and get over with, so that we can get on with something else". This teaching and the consequences it initiates is the Dharma of The Sacred Heart.

"It’s not about feeling better – it’s about getting better at feeling."

lemex
17-02-2016, 07:28 PM
duplicate post

lemex
17-02-2016, 07:29 PM
again it seems

lemex
17-02-2016, 07:30 PM
what's going on, please remove these 3

lemex
17-02-2016, 07:30 PM

I know I use the technique of listening and take the time to stop and listen then make it a choice. You know when someone tells me I'm angry I no longer take it personally as an attack against anger. It allows me to observe myself. I actually found I was doing it and through observing could control it. A friend once gave me this advice, it isn't important that you get angry but how quickly you let it go but that takes a change of state (frequency).

The Master might let go of anger but they spend their lives and countless hours in meditating doing so. Spiritual you must stop first, to listen. I think anger is an evolutionary trait that hold a purpose, it's has primitive origin.

Nameless
18-02-2016, 12:37 AM
I am 50ish, and I have found that, with some answers, I did not get to the end of the string until much later in life, so that could be something to do with it - just saying, if I had tried to find it earlier, I don't think it would have worked because the end of the string was much, much later on. Interesting concept, that.

Nameless
18-02-2016, 01:07 AM
I am enjoying your answers, sitting here with my cup of juice :) Lots of wisdom on here.

Several of them brought a lot of things to mind.

When I read through the Irish answer, particularly about beliefs, this came to mind (and it's one of my favorite videos) to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlrhvAYgwH8

(as an aside, I changed a lot of my beliefs just by looking at them. And how I started looking at them was Seth's challenge (in his first book) to believe that you live in a Safe Universe). I did that for one week, every morning I set the intention to believe I lived in a Safe Universe. OMG, so much stuff came up, but the most profound one was how judgemental I was - and I was one who was proud of how non-judgemental I was. But it brought to light the first of my beliefs I had to change - which was, I cared what other people thought of me. Why did I care? It's in the water, in the air, on this planet - it's everywhere - it's how I was brought up. When I stopped caring what other people thought, and only cared what I thought about myself, what a revelation that was! ... I am so much happier - sometimes I slip (it's sometimes a narrow ledge) but most of the time I really don't care anymore, and it is so freeing.

I never knew before that, that it was MY job to question the beliefs that I had been given, by my parents, by my church, by my teachers. It was just assimilated into my life. But once I didn't care what anyone thought of me, I got rid of a lot of old beliefs that I no longer needed, and it was a great load of baggage to leave my the wayside.

So, anyway, This is a clip as channeled by Jane Roberts, who speaks for Seth. Yes, so this technically is advice from the Other Side, which you were not looking for, but it still fits - and if it helps, Seth was not much on spirituality either LOL.

Another thing that came to mind as I was reading is that anger begets impetus, and impetus, action. Anger can be a very healthy thing, to motivate one to change out of something uncomfortable. Without anger, we might become stagnant to things that are bothersome but we don't want to deal with. Anger is the impetus of life, so the emotion of anger is really here to help us all out of our individual ruts we get stuck in. It can be a very good thing.

It can be equally harmful, if we direct it at ourselves and start making up stories that aren't true about ourselves, because we are stuck in one place. And a constant barrage of name calling on ourselves because we feel we should have done this or that or been this or that is where it can be harmful.

If you think of your anger or frustration or whatever as a challenge rather than a problem, and you are just looking for a solution instead of focusing on the problem, that might move the energy is a positive way, for there is a solution to everything, every problem, we just haven't always found it yet.

Greenslade
18-02-2016, 12:14 PM
I am wanting to know how do I "deal" with the aspects of anger and frustration though. When I do get angry or frustrated I am unable to keep my higher mind for some reason and I think that this is because of how quickly and powerfully it comes upon me through my absorbing/taping into/giving energy to (whatever it is that makes me feel anger and frustration).Energy flows where the attention goes, and what we resist persists. Think of a disagreement that gets out of hand very quickly, similarly with your 'eliminating'. All you're doing is perpetuating the energy system. The more energy you put into it the more it goes around, they get tougher and tougher. So before you prepare for the final battle, don't. You don't have to be a 'victim' of energy, you can redirect it and make it work for you instead of against you. Try spending some energy in getting to the root of the cause, find out what makes you angry and frustrated. Why are you trying to eliminate those aspects of yourself? What it it about them you don't like and can you perceive them differently?

Your higher mind isn't something you can lose, but certain aspects of ourselves come to the fore in different circumstances. While you're getting angry and frustrated your higher mind is sitting in the background watching what's going on. It doesn't lose you, you think you lose it. The humour was unintentional but probably useful.

It's not what you've got but what you do with it that counts. Taking a chainsaw to yourself doesn't help your wholeness any because these are aspects of you. When you acknowledge them and come to terms with them the battle eases, when you use them constructively everything changes.

It's all about your relationship with the different aspects of yourself and when you're in a relationship with them there is no battle.

d7reborn
26-03-2016, 04:21 AM
Let go of all attachments and feel love. Love everything about yourself and every living being unconditionally. We are all one and the same though our consciousness is currently divided.