PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Now

CosmicWisdom323
10-02-2016, 07:47 PM
I am currently re-reading The Power of Now while at the same time listening to the audio book.

This is such a powerful book. I cannot believe that the first time I read it I thought it was spiritual non-sense. It is amazing how knowledge and understanding can evolve while ignorance dissipates.

For most of my life I was so focused on doing (school work, job work, career advancement) and having (relationships, friendships, money, material possessions) that for a very long time I completed neglected Being.

Being more in tune, in touch, in harmony, in union with Being has become the primary objective of my life.

Is anyone else currently reading The Power of Now? Or have you read it and are interested in sharing your thoughts?

Lucyan28
10-02-2016, 08:49 PM
It's difficult to be alright if you don't have something to eat, or if you are ill.

We can only choose one path?

1) "school work, job work, career advancement, relationships, friendships, money, material possessions"

or

2) "Being more in tune, in touch, in harmony, in union with Being"

Why not both of them? =)

Blessings !

sparkles
10-02-2016, 09:45 PM
I have read this book years ago and it resonated with me instantly because back then I was just getting into mindfulness meditiation, consciousness around healthier food and living etc.

I do agree with Lucyan28 about conjoining everything life has to offer. Being mindful and in the now is easier when there is no suffering, no stressors, etc. But being able to be in the now in the midst of all that, that is what it's all about I think. I am severely ill and being in the now helps me tremendously to make my days more bearable. This might sound counterintuitive at first, and I understand when people say it is impossible to apply this technique while suffering, but if you can achieve it, it's such great help. Though easy it is not.

@CosmicWisdom It's true what you say, that something can totally resonate or totally sound like rubbish depending on which moment you choose to read it. Fascinating, isn't it? :smile:

naturesflow
10-02-2016, 11:32 PM
I am currently re-reading The Power of Now while at the same time listening to the audio book.

This is such a powerful book. I cannot believe that the first time I read it I thought it was spiritual non-sense. It is amazing how knowledge and understanding can evolve while ignorance dissipates.

For most of my life I was so focused on doing (school work, job work, career advancement) and having (relationships, friendships, money, material possessions) that for a very long time I completed neglected Being.

Being more in tune, in touch, in harmony, in union with Being has become the primary objective of my life.

Is anyone else currently reading The Power of Now? Or have you read it and are interested in sharing your thoughts?

I have read it and it opened my awareness greatly at that time. Supported much of how I related and felt in myself on some level.

Now is all we have. And life continues to move us in everyway we are have been and are becoming. So it makes sense the more aware you become in life the more integrated and naturally you become in each moment of now how to be.

When we know more we begin to sort and place parts of our life and ourselves in order as we feel fits us.

And life, books, people, experiences can show us more, so we look within for more in us through this means. This changes how we connect or what we wish to change in some way with those life offerings. We have more understanding so we have more to realize in us to move and change our life and ourselves.

Change is forthcoming in everyway of life. How we embrace it is really significant in how we embrace all life in us.

Becoming aware is constant like life itself one with change.

ajay00
11-02-2016, 07:30 AM

I think 're-reading' is the key point here.

We actually get more from rereading a book, which results in both study and contemplation of the points, and which can result in more insights and knowledge than just a single study of the book which we normally do.

This has been my experience as well.

Imho, a single good book read many times over and contemplated upon, can give more wisdom, insights and good than a hundred books read just once.