PDA

View Full Version : Are we all mediums?

light_knight
21-01-2011, 01:50 AM
What do you think?

ROM
21-01-2011, 02:09 AM
We all possess psychic abilities. But most people's are dormant.

mac
21-01-2011, 05:11 AM
No, we're not.

earthprowler
21-01-2011, 05:51 AM
Mac, lol, play nice! why not introduce them to the other links that are on the forum about medium ship instead? :hug2:

LadyB.
21-01-2011, 08:03 AM
We all have the ability to communicate with spirit, yes.That does not make us all mediums though, obviously. We are only mediums when we start using this ability to pass on messages..

If you wish to see this discussed recently If you look further down this forum page or click on this link...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8330 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D8330)

:smile:

God-Like
21-01-2011, 11:37 AM
What do you think?
Hi light_knight

I would say we all have the capability.. :smile:

I would say many are unaware "at times" that the "thoughts that are thought of" are not ours so to speak.

x daz x

Native spirit
21-01-2011, 01:25 PM
:smile: Hey Light Knight,

Everyone is psychic but not all psychics are mediums, just look through the forums

there are many posts that can tell u more

Namaste

mac
21-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Mac, lol, play nice! why not introduce them to the other links that are on the forum about medium ship instead? :hug2:
I'll leave that for others to do. I'm keeping my contributions shorter nowadays. New year, new approach...:hug3:

themaster
21-01-2011, 06:41 PM
What do you think?Yes, were all capable of the same things.. in all ways!

But that doesn't mean I want to.. I have my interests and preferences as I'm sure you do and remember the veils between here and non-physical are many layers thick.. so getting through can be tough!

Katiecat
21-01-2011, 11:08 PM
I kind of wonder if we we all have the ability to develope this gift....but only some are instant and natural mediums.

The reason that I am assuming this is because I have delivered messages once or twice...but I do not, in any way consider myself a medium.....but I do think I could maybe become one, if I diligently kept practicing. ???

Neville
21-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Our Brains are transmitters and recievers, I see no reason why any one would not be able to tune in to a different frequency/channel.

Westleigh
22-01-2011, 12:12 AM
Of course we are all capable of developing that ability, just as we are all capable of developing the ability to play a musical instrument... but we are not mediums nor musicians until we have done so. :smile:

Some people have more of a natural psychic awareness from childhood, but many very talented mediums did not experience their spiritual awakening until adulthood. I do think psychic ability is extremely natural, and it is a pity that it is so discouraged as we grow up and become so consumed by the physical world that we lose our ability to perceive those things outside of it.

mac
22-01-2011, 01:25 AM
"...........just as we are all capable of developing the ability to play a musical instrument... but we are not mediums nor musicians until we have done so."

I think that's a fair statement. It's in the performance that the musician is distinguished from just someone who just plays a musical instrument. Yet the attribute of psychic awareness is somewhat different from that of (evidential) mediumship.

There is no obvious reason why some mediums show their gift from a comparatively young age yet others show it much later in life. And no certainty that having psychic sensitivity will lead on mediumship anyway.... So no matter how much we may speculate on the mechanisms of either attribute, we really know very little and as far as I'm aware, guides and teachers have given little guidance about these issues - I know you'll be happy to correct my ignorance if you have such clear guidance yourself! :wink:

mac
22-01-2011, 01:40 AM
I kind of wonder if we we all have the ability to develope this gift....but only some are instant and natural mediums.

The reason that I am assuming this is because I have delivered messages once or twice...but I do not, in any way consider myself a medium.....but I do think I could maybe become one, if I diligently kept practicing. ???
The more you "practise" and the more you find you can successfully act as a go-between, (I presume you mean evidential mediumship?) the clearer the indication of your developing mediumship.

Only by 'doing it' will you find out for sure....:wink::smile:

mac
22-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Yes, were all capable of the same things.. in all ways!

But that doesn't mean I want to.. I have my interests and preferences as I'm sure you do and remember the veils between here and non-physical are many layers thick.. so getting through can be tough!
"Yes, were all capable of the same things.. in all ways!" But not necessarily to the same level of achievement ....:wink:

"But that doesn't mean I want to.." Doesn't mean you don't either.

Let me ask you something if I may. If you felt you could be a medium (whatever that means for you) but that it would be difficult for you, would you refuse to help?

Lynn
22-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Hello

YES having been a part of development workshops and one that has lead some we are all equals but like all things some of us just open more to using it .

We all have it in is the ablilities to connect to and receive messages from Spirits and other Light Beings. Too its important to remember that its not something everyone would be comfortable with. We are given what we can deal with and nothing more.

It be easy to say OMG it must be nice to walk the path of a Medium but it like all things comes with its good and not so good sides.

I so feel I never asked to be me, in remembering coming into this LIFE I as most upset I was female and that I knew somehow that meant being Mom. ( not that I regret that path being given to me now ).

I so tought for so many year's I got into the wrong family and that I suffered too much as a child and teen....to now embrace that path had to be for me to become whom I am now. I am a Medium and I am one that uses it on a daily basis. There are times when I so would like NOT to be in that place in time, but then we all have our off days.

Does one at times refuse to help I would honestly have to say YES but maybe not on the consciousness level of flat out NO but out of self preservations and protetions.

I always say to students wanting the path be careful on what one wishes to open the door to as once opened its not the easiest thing to close.

Me mate is learnig in that lesson right now. Starting to "admit " to seeing and hearing things and now says its happening more and more. Make it STOP. Hmmm he opened that door.

Lynn

Katiecat
22-01-2011, 03:47 AM
I have a desire to develop mediumship abilities for a few reasons...I'm not sure this is the proper thread for me to list them....

I also am very hesitant in doing so, for the exact reasons that Lynn mentions.
In
I've been taking my time with this decision because I don't believe it to be something to be impulsive about.

So what I have been doing, what I am comfortable with at this current time, is expressing spiritual connections that I'm having in my artwork.

themaster
22-01-2011, 06:15 AM
But not necessarily to the same level of achievement ....:wink:I'm going to go disagree.. I think we could reach the same "level of achievement" if you’re talking about spiritual abilities.. all one really needs is time and practice to open the channels..

All of us already channel.. we just don't know we do it.. or label it that way..

Because of the shift it's becoming easier and easier right now to get access.. it's also becoming easier to "attract" things..

(I have no idea what hint the wink is supposed to be :D) Let me ask you something if I may. If you felt you could be a medium (whatever that means for you) but that it would be difficult for you, would you refuse to help?I guess.. I don't understand the question..

Or are you saying that if you become a "medium" you automatically/automagically have to help people?

Mediums don't help people.. they do.. but it's because people seek them out as that "permission slip" to let go of the problem they have.. they could have easily just seen the doctor.. they could have easily stopped "whining" about the person they want back in there life..

There are a 100 ways to fix a problem.. but sometimes specific methods and "permission slips" are chosen..

I really have no problem with being a "medium" but would I spend time helping people who required my specific "permission slip" to feel better about themselves..?? I don't think so.. I prefer to do other things.. [ILet me ask you something if I may. If you felt you could be a medium (whatever that means for you) but that it would be difficult for you, would you refuse to help?See when I read your question this way..

Would you sacrifice your "life" for the greater good?

The answer is no

If one doesn't give to themselves.. they'll have no chance in hell of enhancing the whole anyway.. every medium should be taking time for them in all ways..

My teachers offer this idea.. if you want to change the planet.. if you want to make a difference.. "healer, heal thyself"

And that is really the case.. it's not fixing other people that will change the earth.. it's fixing ourselves..

mac
22-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I hope you won't mind my responses in blue text? :smile:

I'm going to go disagree.. I think we could reach the same "level of achievement" if you’re talking about spiritual abilities.. all one really needs is time and practice to open the channels..OK - that's a catchall response - if we don't get to that same level of achievement it's because we didn't put in enough effort/practice. Not because some have innate 'ability' and others don't?

All of us already channel.. we just don't know we do it.. or label it that way..a claim without evidence to back it.

Because of the shift it's becoming easier and easier right now to get access.. it's also becoming easier to "attract" things.. You'd need to explain that better for me...not disagreeing but I would welcome a wider explanation.

(I have no idea what hint the wink is supposed to be :D) I guess.. I don't understand the question..I don't know which wink you meant but I often use a 'wink' icon to suggest that although I may be agreeing in part, there are other issues to consider.

Or are you saying that if you become a "medium" you automatically/automagically have to help people? No I'm not saying that at all but is there a reason why you wouldn't help someone you could? (but see definition paragraph lower down)

Mediums don't help people.. they do.. but it's because people seek them out as that "permission slip" to let go of the problem they have.. they could have easily just seen the doctor.. they could have easily stopped "whining" about the person they want back in there life.. Now I reckon you might be speaking about mediumship in a way that I don't (hence my earlier comment about however you see mediumship) Mediumship to this simple soul is evidential mediumship but I'm happy to acknowledge that others use that single word to mean different things - that's an issue which is a constant stumbling block in discussion. Hence my long-running 'campaign' to get clear definitions of mediumship vs psychic counselling et al.

There are a 100 ways to fix a problem.. but sometimes specific methods and "permission slips" are chosen..

I really have no problem with being a "medium" but would I spend time helping people who required my specific "permission slip" to feel better about themselves..?? I don't think so.. I prefer to do other things.. See when I read your question this way..same as above...

Would you sacrifice your "life" for the greater good?

The answer is no

If one doesn't give to themselves.. they'll have no chance in hell of enhancing the whole anyway.. every medium should be taking time for them in all ways..same again as above

My teachers offer this idea.. if you want to change the planet.. if you want to make a difference.. "healer, heal thyself"...same again as above

And that is really the case.. it's not fixing other people that will change the earth.. it's fixing ourselves.....same again as above

For this simple-minded soul, mediumship is WAY simpler than any of the stuff you've mentioned in your last few paragraphs. For me it's bringing reassurance that death is not the end of us, that we can meet again those we loved who have passed over, that one life is not the end of things, that we live on.... That's the basis of evidential mediumship, the particular form of mediumship I know and can speak about. Everything else (for me) means something different and until everyone sorts out and agrees what each word or term means, there will continue to be this failure to follow what's being said by any particular contribution to a discussion.

The way that you (and often others) talk about mediumship would lead me to think it's counselling or psychic counselling.

mac
22-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I have a desire to develop mediumship abilities for a few reasons...I'm not sure this is the proper thread for me to list them....

I also am very hesitant in doing so, for the exact reasons that Lynn mentions.
In
I've been taking my time with this decision because I don't believe it to be something to be impulsive about.

So what I have been doing, what I am comfortable with at this current time, is expressing spiritual connections that I'm having in my artwork.

As you've described your own situation Katiecat, that you're considering how your personal development might go, may I ask you to explain what mediumship is, or would be, for you personally?

Lynn
22-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Hello

Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World. This is not yet been scientifically proven of disproved . From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading. Getting information from what is said. In face to face readings using facial and body reactions.

Testing the information given though rules a lot of this out.

A psychic is from the Greek psychikos - “of the mind, mental”

A psychic is one that has the ability to see the hidden information. Psychics are readers whom use many levels of tools to obtain the information. Often called Fortune Tellers really I feel one is just more in tune with their inner intuitions and is able to pick up on the energies from other’s around them or the World around them.

This again is something we can all access but when it comes to “ reading” others respect on the privacy level should be understood and respected. On many levels its almost an invasion of one’s personal space to read someone without permissions in place. Too one has to learn levels of compassions so that what information is shared does not do harm.

Automatic Writing

What is Automatic Writing ? Well it is said to be writings that do not come from conscious thoughts. Often the writer has no clue in what one is writing or typing or even drawing . For some it springs forth from a meditative state of being or in a dream state. At times to the writer is very away they be writing and just let it free from them. One will see the fingers more on the keys or the pen in motion but they are not in control of what is said.

For some the writings are form tansmediumship where one has Spirit contacts. This can be done on many a level. Some feel comfortable enough to let the Spirit enter to them to pass on a message. While other times one is the tool for the communications. One hears the message and writes the words. One is in control of one’s mind and body but is being the tool for understandings and receiving a message. Messages from Spirit can be very personal message that go to a family member or can be general messages for the Earth.

Clairvoyance

The term Clairvoyance dates to the 17th Century with roots in French language with “clair” meaning “clear” and “voyance” meaning “ vision”. it is the pathway to gain information about a person , place or object without the use of the commonly known Five Senses. A person with the sixth sense ability is called a “Clairvoyant”.

While this can and has been tested and does at times get linked to what we call Paranormal or psychic abilities it might well simply just be a part of the MIND ( being Soul) we come forth with. It is not widely accepted by the science communities but is well studied by them so does leave one to think maybe there is truly something to it all.

Clairvoyance too is not to be confused with Mediumship or Remote Viewing. Again here both are separate things. Mediumship is the direct contact with Spirit or Ghost in communications or the access of information. Remote Viewing for the most part is the deliberate action of going to view something with or without leaving the consciousness of the body. Clairvoyance is fully “SEEING”.

Psychic Intution ;

The main difference in one that is psychic and one that is ordinary is just that psychics have learned not to ignore that inner voice. They do not put common sense in the place of intuition thoughts. Psychics have simply learned how to listen with what is often called 'inner ears' and go by more the signals given.

There are many layers to what we be, but we too all be in the same genetic make up our DNA. Just that not all go forth to do things with the ablilities we have. That is maybe for the same reasons some of us choose certain career paths. It is simply what might call out to us.

It was asked if Medium's help other's I personally feel for me that is YES as a Medium/ Pshchic I so feel that I am there for other's along their paths in a possitive and benifiical way. Always respectful that what I share or say is for their Higher and Greater Good. That its not something I would say if it did not have meaning for them that would bring them some peace or move them forwards in a possitive way.

Too I am the first to admit there is YET no proof that one's like me are real, and that is fine. If one knows well whom one is and respects that one works in the White Light then maybe that is one's life path for one's Soul.

The thoughts I put here are mine and are open for debate, as it is simply how I see things no right and not wrong.

Lynn

Westleigh
22-01-2011, 05:35 PM
"...........just as we are all capable of developing the ability to play a musical instrument... but we are not mediums nor musicians until we have done so."

I think that's a fair statement. It's in the performance that the musician is distinguished from just someone who just plays a musical instrument. Yet the attribute of psychic awareness is somewhat different from that of (evidential) mediumship.

There is no obvious reason why some mediums show their gift from a comparatively young age yet others show it much later in life. And no certainty that having psychic sensitivity will lead on mediumship anyway.... So no matter how much we may speculate on the mechanisms of either attribute, we really know very little and as far as I'm aware, guides and teachers have given little guidance about these issues - I know you'll be happy to correct my ignorance if you have such clear guidance yourself! :wink:

Well, I think guides certainly do help in developing communication abilities, but they don't necessarily always tell us how they are doing it! The way they do teach and offer guidance differs very much depending upon the guide and the needs of the individual, but they seem to tend to steer us toward things which are good for our spiritual development in general. Perhaps I'll try asking mine for some more specific advice regarding mediumship and see what happens... :smile:

With regard to the last few posts, I would personally say that a medium is simply a person who has a communicative link with the spirit world and is able to bring across messages to the physical world, while what the medium does with that ability (whether it be to present evidence, counsel greiving people, or just spend their spare time chatting with Elvis) is a seperate issue which will probably gather divinding opinions.

Lynn
22-01-2011, 06:01 PM
With regard to the last few posts, I would personally say that a medium is simply a person who has a communicative link with the spirit world and is able to bring across messages to the physical world, while what the medium does with that ability (whether it be to present evidence, counsel greiving people, or just spend their spare time chatting with Elvis) is a seperate issue which will probably gather divinding opinions.

Hello

Like all things we do if it bring peace to someone or personal pleasures to ye then there is no harm in tapping into one's other levels of understandings.

Where the lines are crossed is in where one's use it in a non possitive way to take adavantage of one that is in sorrow's over the loss of someone. I so do not approve of that one but too I understand there is always a balance of good and bad in the World.

At times there be nothing nicer than haveing a chat with a Spirit that has no real person for ye to pass along something too but simply senses ye can hear them or deeper see them and they just want to maybe share in their life story some or the events of one's death.

I have had some amazing stories told to me and in doing some digging deeper into them have come to find that they were true to life. Now that does not mean I go in search of their family unless I am aksed by Spirit to do so, it is simply being the ears to hear them.

For the longest time I felt what I had was honestly a curse, I was like why do I see and hear things I can not do a thing with to come to understand there is always meaning to all interactions, something new to be learned and grow from.

For me its a great blessing to bring at times a family some closure surronding a missing LOVed one, or to settle them that their LOVed on is safely over. The simple words of " thank you " speak volumes for me being me. Took many year's to embrace that now where possible I try and aid othe's in understanding we are all Medium's on some level.

Lynn

themaster
22-01-2011, 06:14 PM
I hope you won't mind my responses in blue text? :smile:

I can deal.. it makes the text formating more difficult though.. OK - that's a catchall response - if we don't get to that same level of achievement it's because we didn't put in enough effort/practice. Not because some have innate 'ability' and others don't?I believe were all equal.. I don't think I've said otherwise? a claim without evidence to back it.And what evidence is sufficient?

What proof do you require?

Scientific study's?

That this channel and this channel said it.. what is the proof that will make you believe? You tell me.. it's you saying it's "not true" You'd need to explain that better for me...not disagreeing but I would welcome a wider explanation.What would you like me to explain?

There is just a "smell" in the air.. a shift in peoples spaces.. if you’re not observing the world you might miss it.. I just have a knowing of changes.. if you don't, no matter.. I'm just saying if you look.. you will notice..

Understand that "law of attraction" is a personal experience and pretty much can only be experimented and proved on a individual basis in my experience.. I have watched thoughts I was thinking attract in mere minutes to a half a hour.. the speed up between thought and attraction is there for me..

Does that work? Is that sufficient? Now I reckon you might be speaking about mediumship in a way that I don't (hence my earlier comment about however you see mediumship) Mediumship to this simple soul is evidential mediumship but I'm happy to acknowledge that others use that single word to mean different things - that's an issue which is a constant stumbling block in discussion. Hence my long-running 'campaign' to get clear definitions of mediumship vs psychic counselling et al.Ohh.. by all means please "define" mediumship for you than.. because this stuff above I really don't understand..

My basic definition of meduimship.. someone who communicates to spirits as a channel.. and it also has a history of being part of the spirit movement of the 1920's? ...same again as above

For this simple-minded soul, mediumship is WAY simpler than any of the stuff you've mentioned in your last few paragraphs. For me it's bringing reassurance that death is not the end of us, that we can meet again those we loved who have passed over, that one life is not the end of things, that we live on.... That's the basis of evidential mediumship, Okay.. I get this definition..

I must say though that "I don't get it" why?

Cause I think life is about living.. I can't understand why fellow creator gods like you.. would want to focus so much thought and attention to the afterlife.. when we came to earth to experience.. to swing on the swing set.. I'm sure it is no irony that some people spend all their days thinking about the afterlife..?? when we were in non-physical.. all we did was think about being here and "doing this" and swinging on that swing set..??

To put it bluntly.. I think life is about living.. focusing on the "afterlife" well in my humble opinion is waste of perfectly good time for swinging on a swing.. :D

But I digress.. to each their own.. if you have fun at all that thinking.. then have at it!
the particular form of mediumship I know and can speak about. Everything else (for me) means something different and until everyone sorts out and agrees what each word or term means, there will continue to be this failure to follow what's being said by any particular contribution to a discussion.Yes, I think your idea is a waste of time.. you see every human has the right to have there own "definition" of what that words means.. and trying to force them to "converge" on the meaning you want will never happen.. better to explain your own.. then force this is mediumship and nothing else is!The way that you (and often others) talk about mediumship would lead me to think it's counselling or psychic counselling.I have given you my definition and thoughts about it.. I leave you reflect what you will about that..

However, my understanding of people and indeed some of the people I have talked to on this forum is.. that many seek a medium as a form of "Therapy" to let go of their problem.. I'm sure there are other uses but my guess is that is a primary one..

mac
22-01-2011, 06:19 PM
At the risk of going off-topic - and I apologise if I am doing so - the field into which we now are straying is one in which I've been personally pursuing answers for quite some time.

No matter what we may personally see a medium as being, there are others who will see it differently. We can write reams about this and probably have done! The very thing that's undesirable, though, is the personal view.

If we don't stop terming as mediumship the use or possession of psychic awareness, if we don't stop terming as mediumship psychic counselling, 'reading' (of whatever sort) 'channelling' (of or from whoever), then we compound the problem of misunderstanding who's doing what. And I've heard all the guff about not wanting to be labelled - it just won't wash.

On a personal level you may prefer not to be labelled but as sure as eggs is eggs, others are gonna do it anyway so why not try to agree something definitive, something which reflects your personal involvement?

Katiecat
22-01-2011, 06:35 PM
As you've described your own situation Katiecat, that you're considering how your personal development might go, may I ask you to explain what mediumship is, or would be, for you personally?

From what I understand, it's a communication exchange between a person on this plane and someone who has passed on to the spiritual plane...

mac
22-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I can deal.. it makes the text formating more difficult though.. Then I'll continue in the same way - I'm sure you'll cope just fine....I believe were all equal.. I don't think I've said otherwise? And what evidence is sufficient? Equal? What does that mean? Numbers can be equal but I can't see how one human being can be equal to another - I see each as unique as hence not equal to any others, always variation...

What proof do you require? I didn't ask for proof, only evidence for your claim.

Scientific study's? If you've got 'em...

That this channel and this channel said it.. what is the proof that will make you believe? You tell me.. it's you saying it's "not true" What would you like me to explain? I'd like you to show where your evidence came from - then I could assess its worth.

There is just a "smell" in the air.. a shift in peoples spaces.. if you’re not observing the world you might miss it.. I just have a knowing of changes.. if you don't, no matter.. I'm just saying if you look.. you will notice..I do actually know what you mean but I'd hoped you'd be able to explain it. I can't explain it well but I'm not in your position.

Understand that "law of attraction" is a personal experience and pretty much can only be experimented and proved on a individual basis in my experience.. I have watched thoughts I was thinking attract in mere minutes to a half a hour.. the speed up between thought and attraction is there for me..Sorry I can't follow your point....

Does that work? Is that sufficient? Ohh.. by all means please "define" mediumship for you than.. because this stuff above I really don't understand..And isn't that what I've been banging on about? We're speaking different languages yet using the same words....

My basic definition of meduimship.. someone who communicates to spirits as a channel.. and it also has a history of being part of the spirit movement of the 1920's? Okay.. I get this definition..Sorry I'm none the clearer from these words - I must be thick - could you expand a little?

I must say though that "I don't get it" why?

Cause I think life is about living.. I can't understand why fellow creator gods like you.. would want to focus so much thought and attention to the afterlife.. when we came to earth to experience.. to swing on the swing set.. I'm sure it is no irony that some people spend all their days thinking about the afterlife..?? when we were in non-physical.. all we did was think about being here and "doing this" and swinging on that swing set..?? You've lost me again....I'm a simple soul and can't follow phrases like "to swing on the swing set.. "

To put it bluntly.. I think life is about living.. focusing on the "afterlife" well in my humble opinion is waste of perfectly good time for swinging on a swing.. :D You are, of course, fully entitled to the opinion you hold but some like to think in different ways and also feel they're living life too - I'm drinking a Bud, sitting in the sun, just back from a training run in the sunshine - it's great for me and yet I can still focus on what you call the afterlife....:wink::smile:

But I digress.. to each their own.. if you have fun at all that thinking.. then have at it!
Yes, I think your idea is a waste of time.. It appears it's a waste of your time but why do you feel it's an empirical value - something that applies to everyone just 'cos it's right for you?you see every human has the right to have there own "definition" of what that words means.. and trying to force them to "converge" on the meaning you want will never happen.. better to explain your own.. then force this is mediumship and nothing else is!I have given you my definition and thoughts about it.. I leave you reflect what you will about that..I force no-one to do anything. I encourage the thinkers to consider points about which I welcome considered opinion. You have every right to use whatever words you wish for whatever purposes you wish but communication is far easier when most use similar meanings for the words they use to communicate.

However, my understanding of people and indeed some of the people I have talked to on this forum is.. that many seek a medium as a form of "Therapy" to let go of their problem.. I'm sure there are other uses but my guess is that is a primary one..And now my friend we move full circle to the very early point I made about what mediumship means. What you're describing in the paragraph bove sounds very much (to me) like counselling or psychic counselling - am I repeating myself!? :D

themaster
22-01-2011, 06:47 PM
At the risk of going off-topic - and I apologise if I am doing so - the field into which we now are straying is one in which I've been personally pursuing answers for quite some time.

No matter what we may personally see a medium as being, there are others who will see it differently. We can write reams about this and probably have done! The very thing that's undesirable, though, is the personal view.

If we don't stop terming as mediumship the use or possession of psychic awareness, if we don't stop terming as mediumship psychic counselling, 'reading' (of whatever sort) 'channelling' (of or from whoever), then we compound the problem of misunderstanding who's doing what. And I've heard all the guff about not wanting to be labelled - it just won't wash.

On a personal level you may prefer not to be labelled but as sure as eggs is eggs, others are gonna do it anyway so why not try to agree something definitive, something which reflects your personal involvement?Why are you such a "label" phoby?

I mean what your saying is like 2nd grade.. and don't miss-spell "Abigail" or your bad!

I think your taking definitions of words and labels a little too seriously :rolleyes:

And in that seriousness.. I detect lack a vibration that does not feel good.. you will never find any happiness in the world if you go around and say "this is mediumship" my way or the f#$%#$% highway! :D

All of us have the ability to be mediums and channels.. and it doesn't matter the label we all have built in internal networking if we can learn to use/allow it and trust it! Especially..

I'm also going to remind that where we come from.. we don't use language!

We use direct telepathic communication to direct telepathic communication.. there is no chance of miss-communication or wrong concepts (most often) the world of spirit is what the medium interrupts ENGLISH (or your language into) and because are language is LIMITED it actually leads to miss-interpretations and sometimes not being able to interpret SPIRIT into language... this is my understanding..

In the spirit world you don't type your words on a computer using your brain and the language called ENGLISH it is a direct transmission of pure vibration.. here we have to WRITE things and interpret things (EGO) that leaves a whole of gaps in translation..

It's like wondering if the bible written 2000 years ago is the same book then as now.. it obviously is not!

deepsea
22-01-2011, 07:05 PM
No, we're not.

I do love the way you are straight to the point,Mac.
Just the way I like it.
:D
J. x

mac
22-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Why are you such a "label" phoby?

I mean what your saying is like 2nd grade.. and don't miss-spell "Abigail" or your bad!

I think your taking definitions of words and labels a little too seriously :rolleyes:

And in that seriousness.. I detect lack a vibration that does not feel good.. you will never find any happiness in the world if you go around and say "this is mediumship" my way or the f#$%#$% highway! :D

All of us have the ability to be mediums and channels.. and it doesn't matter the label we all have built in internal networking if we can learn to use/allow it and trust it! Especially..

I'm also going to remind that where we come from.. we don't use language!

We use direct telepathic communication to direct telepathic communication.. there is no chance of miss-communication or wrong concepts (most often) the world of spirit is what the medium interrupts ENGLISH (or your language into) and because are language is LIMITED it actually leads to miss-interpretations and sometimes not being able to interpret SPIRIT into language... this is my understanding..

In the spirit world you don't type your words on a computer using your brain and the language called ENGLISH it is a direct transmission of pure vibration.. here we have to WRITE things and interpret things (EGO) that leaves a whole of gaps in translation..

It's like wondering if the bible written 2000 years ago is the same book then as now.. it obviously is not!

I think we see things very differently. Like so many other members, you appear to feel I should conform to what you judge to be the right way to be, or to feel, in life. On that we'll have to differ because although I'm confident about what's right for me, it would never occur to me to think I know what's right for you....

Whatever is the mechanism for communication in the world of spirit, the world we live in is one of speech and text. The more effectively one communicates with that, the better the chance of being understood by others doing the same.

I'll leave it at that as I don't think we can continue our interchange beneficially.

mac
22-01-2011, 07:16 PM
From what I understand, it's a communication exchange between a person on this plane and someone who has passed on to the spiritual plane...

And is this what you hope for yourself?

themaster
22-01-2011, 07:20 PM
I can deal.. it makes the text formating more difficult though.. Then I'll continue in the same way - I'm sure you'll cope just fine....I believe were all equal.. I don't think I've said otherwise? And what evidence is sufficient? Equal? What does that mean? Numbers can be equal but I can't see how one human being can be equal to another - I see each as unique as hence not equal to any others, always variation...Can we not be equal and yet individual sparks of the creator.. unique configurations of separateness?

I think we can.. do you recognize a game on earth called "unequal" where we tell murders there bad? Where we tell colored people there bad?

If you recognize this unequal game than.. good for you :smile: That this channel and this channel said it.. what is the proof that will make you believe? You tell me.. it's you saying it's "not true" What would you like me to explain? I'd like you to show where your evidence came from - then I could assess its worth.I have heard channels "Bashar" Darryl Anka and Steve Rother (his label for his channel is "the group" though they really don't want a label :D) say this very thing.. I also am pretty sure I've heard other channels who's names I can't remember.. I'm pretty sure most channels have offered this info/idea many times.. Understand that "law of attraction" is a personal experience and pretty much can only be experimented and proved on a individual basis in my experience.. I have watched thoughts I was thinking attract in mere minutes to a half a hour.. the speed up between thought and attraction is there for me..Sorry I can't follow your point....I'm going to let the point rest.. unless you require further information..? Does that work? Is that sufficient? Ohh.. by all means please "define" mediumship for you than.. because this stuff above I really don't understand..And isn't that what I've been banging on about? We're speaking different languages yet using the same words....Yet, I believe a commonality exists and we can reach it.. do you want to try or disengage? To put it bluntly.. I think life is about living.. focusing on the "afterlife" well in my humble opinion is waste of perfectly good time for swinging on a swing.. You are, of course, fully entitled to the opinion you hold but some like to think in different ways and also feel they're living life too - I'm drinking a Bud, sitting in the sun, just back from a training run in the sunshine - it's great for me and yet I can still focus on what you call the afterlife....There's no difference between enjoying a bud in the sun and exercise and/or "swinging on the swing set" to me.. same thing :smile:

When I refer to people focused on the "afterlife" I refer to people who might prescribe labels like "obsessive compulsive" just a unhealthy way of living/being..

I can personally think of many things I'd rather do, then compile up information on the afterlife.. where I'm from..?? it's like for me.. I'll know that.. when I'm back there.. knowing it here.. seems pointless.. to me.. But I digress.. to each their own.. if you have fun at all that thinking.. then have at it!
Yes, I think your idea is a waste of time.. It appears it's a waste of your time but why do you feel it's an empirical value - something that applies to everyone just 'cos it's right for you?I do not think just cause it's "not right" for me everyone has to do it.. I just have a hard time understanding.. what the fun is in it?

You see I know there can be some fun in it.. but I know it's not fun if it reaches the level of being "unhealthy" negative.. do you understand?

It's like this.. have you ever gambled..??

The first time you usually win and it's fun and exciting makes you smile a bit.. but how people get into the habit of gambling all the time is they try to make that next time and that next time and that next time = the same fun/excitement they had the 1st time.. but it never does.. and that's how the casino's make a lot of money :D

And I'm saying this same cycle can apply to "Spiritual" information in a way.. you see every human has the right to have there own "definition" of what that words means.. and trying to force them to "converge" on the meaning you want will never happen.. better to explain your own.. then force this is mediumship and nothing else is!I have given you my definition and thoughts about it.. I leave you reflect what you will about that..I force no-one to do anything. I encourage the thinkers to consider points about which I welcome considered opinion. You have every right to use whatever words you wish for whatever purposes you wish but communication is far easier when most use similar meanings for the words they use to communicate.Yah, but that's the problem.. you can't pigeon whole every human into sharing your definition?

So why even try?

Better to work around and through than force people to "behave" and see things your way..

I'm going to use a expression here maybe you'll understand..

Positive energy is integrative (it integrates)

Negative energy is segregative (it separates)

When you try and make people accept your definitions which energy are you producing? However, my understanding of people and indeed some of the people I have talked to on this forum is.. that many seek a medium as a form of "Therapy" to let go of their problem.. I'm sure there are other uses but my guess is that is a primary one..And now my friend we move full circle to the very early point I made about what mediumship means. What you're describing in the paragraph bove sounds very much (to me) like counselling or psychic counselling - am I repeating myself!?I guess, I'm saying the definition I buy into.. seems to be the "shared" reality definition..

Perhaps you should ask some *random* people on the street what does "medium" mean?

I think the answer provided is some of the ones we're talking about.. it seems to me that you have a SPECIALIZED definition that does not compare to the mass consensus definition and because of that you will find DIFFICULTY talking to anyone about it..

I mean if you won't talk to people.. just put the word "mediumship" into google.. and what does the pages that google bring up say about what people think a "mediumship" is..??

If you hold your special DEFINITION.. it is you who has the harder time communicating.. not people who hold the shared definition..

In fact let me offer what the "wiki" says..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship

Everything in this page here.. is what the mass shared definition of the word is.. does it match up with your definition or not?

themaster
22-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I think we see things very differently. Like so many other members, you appear to feel I should conform to what you judge to be the right way to be, or to feel, in life. On that we'll have to differ because although I'm confident about what's right for me, it would never occur to me to think I know what's right for you....

Whatever is the mechanism for communication in the world of spirit, the world we live in is one of speech and text. The more effectively one communicates with that, the better the chance of being understood by others doing the same.

I'll leave it at that as I don't think we can continue our interchange beneficially.If you say so.. as I said before I'm willing to try.. and I think we can reach a point of mutal understanding..

But that does take work or a lot of communicating.. I leave that to you.. :smile:

mac
22-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Can we not be equal and yet individual sparks of the creator.. unique configurations of separateness?

I think we can.. do you recognize a game on earth called "unequal" where we tell murders there bad? Where we tell colored people there bad?

If you recognize this unequal game than.. good for you :smile: I have heard channels "Bashar" Darryl Anka and Steve Rother (his label for his channel is "the group" though they really don't want a label :D) say this very thing.. I also am pretty sure I've heard other channels who's names I can't remember.. I'm pretty sure most channels have offered this info/idea many times.. I'm going to let the point rest.. unless you require further information..? Yet, I believe a commonality exists and we can reach it.. do you want to try or disengage? There's no difference between enjoying a bud in the sun and exercise and/or "swinging on the swing set" to me.. same thing :smile:

When I refer to people focused on the "afterlife" I refer to people who might prescribe labels like "obsessive compulsive" just a unhealthy way of living/being..

I can personally think of many things I'd rather do, then compile up information on the afterlife.. where I'm from..?? it's like for me.. I'll know that.. when I'm back there.. knowing it here.. seems pointless.. to me.. I do not think just cause it's "not right" for me everyone has to do it.. I just have a hard time understanding.. what the fun is in it?

You see I know there can be some fun in it.. but I know it's not fun if it reaches the level of being "unhealthy" negative.. do you understand?

It's like this.. have you ever gambled..??

The first time you usually win and it's fun and exciting makes you smile a bit.. but how people get into the habit of gambling all the time is they try to make that next time and that next time and that next time = the same fun/excitement they had the 1st time.. but it never does.. and that's how the casino's make a lot of money :D

And I'm saying this same cycle can apply to "Spiritual" information in a way.. Yah, but that's the problem.. you can't pigeon whole every human into sharing your definition?

So why even try?

Better to work around and through than force people to "behave" and see things your way..

When you try and make people accept your definitions which energy are you producing? I guess, I'm saying the definition I buy into.. seems to be the "shared" reality definition..

Perhaps you should ask some *random* people on the street what does "medium" mean?

I think the answer provided is some of the ones we're talking about.. it seems to me that you have a SPECIALIZED definition that does not compare to the mass consensus definition and because of that you will find DIFFICULTY talking to anyone about it..

I mean if you won't talk to people.. just put the word "mediumship" into google.. and what does the pages that google bring up say about what people think a "mediumship" is..??

If you hold your special DEFINITION.. it is you who has the harder time communicating.. not people who hold the shared definition..

In fact let me offer what the "wiki" says..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwik i%2FMediumship)

Everything in this page here.. is what the mass shared definition of the word is.. does it match up with your definition or not?

I'll leave things at that - too much work in going nowhere new....:hug3:

mac
22-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I must be mad but here goes....Can we not be equal and yet individual sparks of the creator.. unique configurations of separateness? Of course we're equal in status but not in our personal abilities/attributes.

I think we can.. do you recognize a game on earth called "unequal" where we tell murders there bad? Where we tell colored people there bad? Not my way - I don't tell anyone any such thing about anything

If you recognize this unequal game than.. good for you I have heard channels "Bashar" Darryl Anka and Steve Rother (his label for his channel is "the group" though they really don't want a label ) say this very thing.. I also am pretty sure I've heard other channels who's names I can't remember.. I'm pretty sure most channels have offered this info/idea many times.. I don't know these individuals so I'll have to check 'em out....I'm going to let the point rest.. unless you require further information..? Yet, I believe a commonality exists and we can reach it.. do you want to try or disengage? There's no difference between enjoying a bud in the sun and exercise and/or "swinging on the swing set" to me.. same thing OK so you see I'm no obsessive, compulsive, just an enquirer with a scientific approach?

When I refer to people focused on the "afterlife" I refer to people who might prescribe labels like "obsessive compulsive" just a unhealthy way of living/being.. OK but it's better (I think) to say that at the oustset....

I can personally think of many things I'd rather do, then compile up information on the afterlife.. where I'm from..?? it's like for me.. I'll know that.. when I'm back there.. knowing it here.. seems pointless.. to me.. I do not think just cause it's "not right" for me everyone has to do it.. I just have a hard time understanding.. what the fun is in it? I can't make it fun for you - if you don't like doing it, then don't do it. I do like it.... so I do.:smile:

You see I know there can be some fun in it.. but I know it's not fun if it reaches the level of being "unhealthy" negative.. do you understand? I think I've answered that...I'll tell you when I don't understand. That's y way.....

It's like this.. have you ever gambled..?? No - it has no appeal.

And I'm saying this same cycle can apply to "Spiritual" information in a way.. Yah, but that's the problem.. you can't pigeon whole every human into sharing your definition?

So why even try? I thought I'd explained why I was seeking to standardise - that doesn't mean pigeon-holing or forcing anyone into doing anything. You don't want to go down that path, thenthat's fine by me - it's your choice and I have no desire to make you do anything. I offer only an invitation to join in - you don't want to? Then don't and that's fine....

Better to work around and through than force people to "behave" and see things your way.. force? Is that how you think of an invite?

When you try and make people accept your definitions which energy are you producing? I guess, I'm saying the definition I buy into.. seems to be the "shared" reality definition.. I understand what you're saying but I don't subscribe to it - and that's OK too. :smile:

Perhaps you should ask some *random* people on the street what does "medium" mean? And that would achieve what? Like asking the man-in-the-street about astro-physics or quantum theory. Why should that person know? But ask a scientist and there might be more justification....

I think the answer provided is some of the ones we're talking about.. it seems to me that you have a SPECIALIZED definition that does not compare to the mass consensus definition and because of that you will find DIFFICULTY talking to anyone about it.. I disagree but I'm a Modern Spiritualist (that's specific-check it out online) by nature and by persuasion - does that mean anything to you? My difficulty is in getting anyone to listen....

I mean if you won't talk to people.. just put the word "mediumship" into google.. and what does the pages that google bring up say about what people think a "mediumship" is..?? So.....? What I'm looking for is what thinking folks think, not the masses who don't have any involvement with the topic, those who see only TV stuff and movies......

If you hold your special DEFINITION.. it is you who has the harder time communicating.. not people who hold the shared definition..You are missing my point - I'm asking that others say what they think mediumship is - I said my piece and I'm waiting to hear from others what they feel - I'm still waiting to hear from you.....:wink:

In fact let me offer what the "wiki" says.. Wiki, schmiki - are you not listening, not hearing what I said?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediumship (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fredir.php%3Flink%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fen. wikipedia.org%252Fwiki%252FMediumship)

Everything in this page here.. is what the mass shared definition of the word is.. does it match up with your definition or not? Who knows? Do I care? Is it the definitive work? I think you already know the answer to that....:wink:

earthprowler
22-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I do love the way you are straight to the point,Mac.
Just the way I like it.
J. x

I agree! Mac's a fire starter on this subject when some one poses a question on it. I believe that he makes you dig deep and truly look at what it is, what you claim to be and what your abilities are. No, he's not the most glamorous about it and continually asks WHY and what makes you think those things but it's a good thing. You go back and look at all (and there are many and were quite a few more before we crashed) of the posts on mediumship, channeling, psychics and he doesn't judge in the way some may think, but he does ask the same questions over and over. He's blunt and straight to the point but I would rather have that than someone "feathering" it for me. :angel10:

deepsea
22-01-2011, 09:11 PM
I agree! Mac's a fire starter on this subject when some one poses a question on it. I believe that he makes you dig deep and truly look at what it is, what you claim to be and what your abilities are. No, he's not the most glamorous about it and continually asks WHY and what makes you think those things but it's a good thing. You go back and look at all (and there are many and were quite a few more before we crashed) of the posts on mediumship, channeling, psychics and he doesn't judge in the way some may think, but he does ask the same questions over and over. He's blunt and straight to the point but I would rather have that than someone "feathering" it for me. :angel10:

I say this because Mac is a good friend of mine and I have always found him straight forward and no frills attached.
Best kind of mate to have.
You know where you stand with a friend like that.
(are you blushing yet,Mac)?
:hug2:
Deepsea

mac
22-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Thank you :redface: There are many who don't realise that when I ask questions it's not because I don't know the answer necessarily (at times though, I don't) but that it's rather to try to stimulate thought away from conventional patterns, away from accepting what's generally accepted without really having questioned if something's truly valid for them as individuals...

Not glamourous? awwww...:icon_frown: But of course I am there not to pander to folks but to offer alternatives to 'stuff' - and sometimes I have to be blunt 'cos otherwise they just don't listen - or hear. There's a big difference and often evident in responses. Folks read what I say but do't necessarily hear what I say...

Sure I keep asking why and that's because so often folks don't have an answer. When they do I'll accept it when there's nothing left to debate or discuss. It may not be an answer which will do for me but I respect their position once I've heard why they hold that position.... But up to that I'll continue to challenge to try to find out if there's something that will benefit my understanding.

It's not all about altruism...:D

mac
22-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I say this because Mac is a good friend of mine and I have always found him straight forward and no frills attached.
Best kind of mate to have.
You know where you stand with a friend like that.
(are you blushing yet,Mac)?
:hug2:
Deepsea

Yes....but "i'm lovin' it" to pinch McDonald's slogan.... :redface:

themaster
22-01-2011, 10:37 PM
I thought I'd explained why I was seeking to standardise - that doesn't mean pigeon-holing or forcing anyone into doing anything. You don't want to go down that path, thenthat's fine by me - it's your choice and I have no desire to make you do anything. I offer only an invitation to join in - you don't want to? Then don't and that's fine....I don't think I want to.. I prefer the shared consciousness version.. I mean..

Doesn't it bother you that every time you try and talk "mediumship" you have a communication problem because you are the one that has the different definition?

How many people do you know that actually share your "definition" of mediumship? Better to work around and through than force people to "behave" and see things your way.. force? Is that how you think of an invite?Yes, force.. some of your statements seem more like "my way or the highway" :rolleyes: as I stated last time.. Perhaps you should ask some *random* people on the street what does "medium" mean? And that would achieve what? Like asking the man-in-the-street about astro-physics or quantum theory. Why should that person know? But ask a scientist and there might be more justification....It would achieve a common dialog.. a common understanding.. helpful in communication of ideas.. that's all.. I mean if you find it fun to be cryptic.. then be cryptic! :D (or to always be explaining yourself and your definitions, than by all means!) My difficulty is in getting anyone to listen....Would not that difficulty arise.. in the fact you have different definitions of words then others?

What is it there supposed to "listen" to..?? I briefly researched the idea called "modern spiritualist" don't really like it.. it has lack in it :tongue: So.....? What I'm looking for is what thinking folks think, not the masses who don't have any involvement with the topic, those who see only TV stuff and movies......What people who see tv and movies don't think? :D

And I have expressed what I think.. don't think you were that interested..??

What is it your interested in, in this thinking? ]You are missing my point - I'm asking that others say what they think mediumship is - I said my piece and I'm waiting to hear from others what they feel - I'm still waiting to hear from you.....And I've already told you.. I prefer to share the mass consensus definition..

If you prefer.. verbatim what the wiki says now that you know what I think.. what is there to say about it?

I don't think arguing over labels or definitions (how to describe things) is a great or fun thing to do.. so the path of least resistance is to go with the flow..

This is why your definition being "custom or different" seems like hard work to me..

I have answered the question..

Are we all mediums?

With the simple answer yes..

My answer has not changed.. we all have the ability whether we use it or choose to use it is another matter.. :wink:

deepsea
23-01-2011, 12:01 AM
We are all entitled to our own opinions,whatever they may be.

No matter how we word them.

This is what these forums are for,as long as we do not use abusive language.

Politeness goes a long way.

Deepsea

mac
23-01-2011, 02:59 AM
My last go then....

I don't think I want to.. I prefer the shared consciousness version.. I mean.. That's cool - I respect your choice.

Doesn't it bother you that every time you try and talk "mediumship" you have a communication problem because you are the one that has the different definition? Mebbes it might if it were only me using the definition I use but, then, as a Modern Spiritualist I know that other Spiritualists use the same words for the meanings.. Actually I'm acclimated (using US speak) to the changes and I've accepted that the old ways are changing. It's the uncomfortable mix of new age and old age lingo that causes confusion still. Not for me because I know what's what but for others who we - I - can see are confused.

How many people do you know that actually share your "definition" of mediumship? Can't give you numbers but I've explained how it's used above. Yes, force.. some of your statements seem more like "my way or the highway" as I stated last time.. What can I do save to repeat that it's not my way at all - everyone can go along whatever highway they wish and I'm cool with that. I'm sure we don't differ on that - you're just as happy as I am that you and I use our own highways....It would achieve a common dialog.. a common understanding.. helpful in communication of ideas.. that's all.. I mean if you find it fun to be cryptic.. then be cryptic! :D (or to always be explaining yourself and your definitions, than by all means!) Would not that difficulty arise.. in the fact you have different definitions of words then others? Now you know that I'm a simple-minded guy so all this pseudo-psychological stuff is over my head...:wink:

What is it there supposed to "listen" to..?? I briefly researched the idea called "modern spiritualist" don't really like it.. it has lack in it Did you think I wanted you to like it? Did I criticise your choice of path? What people who see tv and movies don't think? :D Of course they think but if they have only the TV/movie version of 'the spooks' then it's likely to mislead them - wouldn't you agree on that point?

And I have expressed what I think.. don't think you were that interested..?? Really? So I've spent all my effort responding to all the most important points you made and yet you don't think I was that interested? Have I tried to change anything you say or do? And haven't I read and responded to the points you made? But you still think I'm not interested? I don't know what else I could do...apart from agree with all you said. Perhaps then you'd feel I was interested? Sorry, can't do that because I don't agree with you any more than you agree with me - difference is I'm not saying anything negative about your approach....

What is it your interested in, in this thinking? And I've already told you.. I prefer to share the mass consensus definition.. OMG I really thought I'd made clear what my interest was in the early postings - apologies for my ineptitude in communicating clearly. The mass consensus is fine for me too when I feel it's correct....

If you prefer.. verbatim what the wiki says now that you know what I think.. what is there to say about it? I think we'd agree there's little now left to say.

I don't think arguing over labels or definitions (how to describe things) is a great or fun thing to do.. so the path of least resistance is to go with the flow.. Do you know it didn't feel like an argument to me but simply a discussion, a presentation of different viewpoints, the stuff of discussion forums? And I enjoyed the interchange of ideas even if we couldn't concur on many of them. But if you prefer the path of least resistance, going with the flow, then I respect your choice....

This is why your definition being "custom or different" seems like hard work to me.. I totally get that's how it feels to you and I'm happy to respect your position.

I have answered the question..

Are we all mediums?

With the simple answer yes.. Indeed you have stated your opinion but still have not said what being a medium personally means to you. But that's OK if you don't want to disclose or discuss it. I'm an easy guy....

My answer has not changed.. we all have the ability whether we use it or choose to use it is another matter.. :wink: I hope you enjoyed our excursion as much as I did. :smile:

mac
23-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Apologies to readers for my hogging of these topic pages. I was forgetting my manners. :redface:

Katiecat
23-01-2011, 06:18 AM
And is this what you hope for yourself?

This is a simple question with a complex answer.

Yes, I would like to develop mediumship skills, for many reasons. One of them being, that I am the type that would rather learn and do things for myself than rely on others to clue me in. Why pay for something that I can achieve with some work? -i guess I get that from the way that I was raised.

I would also like to develop some things I'm experiencing so that I don't have to try so hard to understand stuff that I experience.

And then, there is the ultimate reason, helping others.

On the other hand, I have so many project in the works, that this is not as high on my priority list....as it should be, for someone o really wants to develop mediumship, -which says a lot....so I guess my answer is "no" ...at least for now. Hopefully, someday, this amok move up on the priority list.

Have I made your brain hurt yet? I hope not.

mac
23-01-2011, 05:21 PM
This is a simple question with a complex answer.

Yes, I would like to develop mediumship skills, for many reasons. One of them being, that I am the type that would rather learn and do things for myself than rely on others to clue me in. Why pay for something that I can achieve with some work? -i guess I get that from the way that I was raised.

I would also like to develop some things I'm experiencing so that I don't have to try so hard to understand stuff that I experience.

And then, there is the ultimate reason, helping others.

On the other hand, I have so many project in the works, that this is not as high on my priority list....as it should be, for someone o really wants to develop mediumship, -which says a lot....so I guess my answer is "no" ...at least for now. Hopefully, someday, this amok move up on the priority list.

Have I made your brain hurt yet? I hope not.

thanks - I follow you.

Katiecat
23-01-2011, 06:15 PM
thanks - I follow you.
Right on...do you have an opinion on it?

mac
23-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Right on...do you have an opinion on it?

Yes but this is something very special and personal for you, rather than a general discussion or debate.

Usually I respond to personal matters only if specifically asked to do so and preferably through pm to keep things confidential. :smile:

themaster
25-01-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm going to shorten my answers for simplicity.. :D
With the simple answer yes.. Indeed you have stated your opinion but still have not said what being a medium personally means to you. But that's OK if you don't want to disclose or discuss it. I'm an easy guy....Being a medium means nothing to me.. (and I'm not big into labels.. I mean I'm a lover, a fighter, a republican, a lightworker and a clown I also do naked strip teases on sunday :D) I don't consider myself a medium and if I did.. I would probably likely look at it as channeling..

Recently, just tonight I was informed that the experiment I'm in.. we’re trying to connect to almost super consciousness's; aspects of that.. dunno, how that'll go :rolleyes: but sounds fine to me :smile:

mac
25-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm going to shorten my answers for simplicity.. :D
Being a medium means nothing to me.. (and I'm not big into labels.. I mean I'm a lover, a fighter, a republican, a lightworker and a clown I also do naked strip teases on sunday ) I don't consider myself a medium and if I did.. I would probably likely look at it as channeling..

Recently, just tonight I was informed that the experiment I'm in.. we’re trying to connect to almost super consciousness's; aspects of that.. dunno, how that'll go :rolleyes: but sounds fine to me :smile:
No matter how much one might dislike labels, they serve for others to better understand one's position.

Interestingly you use the term 'channelling' and if you read my postings in Spiritualism forums you'd see why I say "interestingly". :wink: Following your brevity lead, though, channelling is the new mediumship... I have other words too which you'd probably identify with but not here and now.

It will be interesting where "super consciousness" takes you but my suspicion is that I'd also have an old-fashioned word for that too. If not I'd be fascinated to learn about anything truly novel if you'd like to keep in touch about what happens?

Good luck - hope things work out well for you!! :smile:

themaster
25-01-2011, 08:40 PM
No matter how much one might dislike labels, they serve for others to better understand one's position.

Interestingly you use the term 'channelling' and if you read my postings in Spiritualism forums you'd see why I say "interestingly". :wink: Following your brevity lead, though, channelling is the new mediumship... I have other words too which you'd probably identify with but not here and now.

It will be interesting where "super consciousness" takes you but my suspicion is that I'd also have an old-fashioned word for that too. If not I'd be fascinated to learn about anything truly novel if you'd like to keep in touch about what happens?

Good luck - hope things work out well for you!! :smile:Sure, I can let you know.. I don't know that I will be conscious of the access.. but be cool if I was.. but the class I'm in I believe is 2 years of work+ still to go.. (so really that access could be next week or 2 years from now :D) but realistically maybe by june/july :smile:

The class as described is supposed to be doing these things (the class is a experiment so all of this is new to earth mainly)

- Instant manifestation
- Readying for a higher strata/escalator during the shift
- The ability to transform the body (new one)
- And yah, the teachers just recently mentioned (and it's first I've heard of it) that we will put in touch with a super consciousness made of many entities.. (I might be able to clarify this more once I've listened to the recording again)

mac
25-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Sure, I can let you know.. I don't know that I will be conscious of the access.. but be cool if I was.. but the class I'm in I believe is 2 years of work+ still to go.. (so really that access could be next week or 2 years from now :D) but realistically maybe by june/july :smile:

The class as described is supposed to be doing these things (the class is a experiment so all of this is new to earth mainly)

- Instant manifestation
- Readying for a higher strata/escalator during the shift
- The ability to transform the body (new one)
- And yah, the teachers just recently mentioned (and it's first I've heard of it) that we will put in touch with a super consciousness made of many entities.. (I might be able to clarify this more once I've listened to the recording again)

Then I hope you will keep me in mind as an enquirer with an interest in such matters.

If we're both around these forum boards in the future, and if you're aware of the changes in you, I hope you'll prod my memory and let me know how things turn out? :smile:

Skye
26-01-2011, 01:06 AM

mac
26-01-2011, 01:40 AM
"Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World. This is not yet been scientifically proven of disproved . From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading. Getting information from what is said. In face to face readings using facial and body reactions."

"From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading."

This claim is unsubstantiated - there is no single "...scientific point of view" Scientists may hold individual or even shared points of view but that's not the same.

As we haven't even been able to agree what a medium is - even us on SF's boards with such a shared special interest on - what notice should we take of scientists anyway?

What do they know about the subject unless they've studied the subject in depth?

But if they did they might well find personal evidence which eventually could become proof enough.....:wink:

PsychicMediumJake
10-02-2011, 12:09 AM
We are all psychic beings living in a psysical body.
Mediumship is something you are either born with or your not.
So no you dont sorry

www .
diaryofapsychicmedium .
blogspot . com

deepsea
10-02-2011, 01:14 PM
"Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World. This is not yet been scientifically proven of disproved . From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading. Getting information from what is said. In face to face readings using facial and body reactions."

"From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading."

This claim is unsubstantiated - there is no single "...scientific point of view" Scientists may hold individual or even shared points of view but that's not the same.

As we haven't even been able to agree what a medium is - even us on SF's boards with such a shared special interest on - what notice should we take of scientists anyway?

What do they know about the subject unless they've studied the subject in depth?

But if they did they might well find personal evidence which eventually could become proof enough.....:wink:

It's always that way,Mac.
Scientists versus Spiritualists.
J.

athribiristan
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
I almost posted the same question last night.

I have often read that mediums 'get out of the way' or 'step aside' and allow a spirit to speak through them. It got me to thinking that if I'm not 'out of the way' then I'm essentially channeling myself at that point. So logically, yes, we are all mediums....or antennae. Many of us do not even tune into our own frequency. Some of us do, and a few of us are able to tune into other frequencies. Well, I'm just a confused as I was when I started but its an interesting thought.

mac
10-02-2011, 02:48 PM
It's always that way,Mac.
Scientists versus Spiritualists.
J.

It certainly can be J but some Modern Spiritualists are also scientists....:wink:

And not all other scientists are against Spiritualists :hug3: although one thing I'm sure they'd demand is a clear definition of what a medium is - and we still don't have a single definition.

Folks wriggle around when asked like a worm on a hook, most unable to voice in simple terms what they expect a medium to do.

mac
10-02-2011, 02:56 PM
I almost posted the same question last night.

I have often read that mediums 'get out of the way' or 'step aside' and allow a spirit to speak through them. It got me to thinking that if I'm not 'out of the way' then I'm essentially channeling myself at that point. So logically, yes, we are all mediums....or antennae. Many of us do not even tune into our own frequency. Some of us do, and a few of us are able to tune into other frequencies. Well, I'm just a confused as I was when I started but its an interesting thought.

"I have often read that mediums 'get out of the way' or 'step aside' and allow a spirit to speak through them." Although you've often read it, it doesn't often happen that way in evidential mediumship for example....

And again we come full circle in being unable to define and agree what a 'medium' is compared with a psychic, a sensitive, a channeller.

That's perhaps where your own confusion may arise - being unable to define, to clarify, what you are doing. You wouldn't be the first in that position.

deepsea
10-02-2011, 05:05 PM
It certainly can be J but some Modern Spiritualists are also scientists....:wink:

And not all other scientists are against Spiritualists :hug3: although one thing I'm sure they'd demand is a clear definition of what a medium is - and we still don't have a single definition.

Folks wriggle around when asked like a worm on a hook, most unable to voice in simple terms what they expect a medium to do.

What does a medium do,Mac.
J. :hug2:

mac
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
What does a medium do,Mac.
J. :hug2:

I'm sure I don't know, Joanie....:D:D:wink:

PsychicMediumJake
17-02-2011, 01:58 PM
definately not!
mediumship is something your either born with or your not!
we are all psychic living in human form.
anyone can be psychic but not anyone can be a medium

Jake xx
www .
diaryofapsychicmedium.blogspot . com

dennisoc
27-02-2011, 06:58 PM
no
My wife is one of the best in the world. I hear, see and feel absolutely nothing from the other side....uh conciously that is. Don't want to p... off my spirit guide or parents.

den

Roselove
27-02-2011, 08:54 PM
yes everyone has the ability. It can be developed and it's no prize being one lol

Dragonfhain
08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Everyone has the Spiritual and Physic gift. Just not everyone is ready for it, wants to you use it, or even believes in it...

mac
08-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Everyone has the Spiritual and Physic gift. Just not everyone is ready for it, wants to you use it, or even believes in it...

It still doesn't make 'em mediums or even potential mediums - the title of the thread......

Serenity Bear
08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Let me put my opinion in the pot:

Mediums are born and not made. The reason I say this, and how it was explained to me by Spirit, is because the mediums body chemistry, shape, vibration has to be of a certain type to be able to take the strains of doing the mediumship. The medium also needs a good strong character and psychology, without this they will just go goo gah very quickly.

There are those, even on the TV who are NOT mediums but think they are. If you are trained in the field these are very easy to spot. A lot who are PSYCHIC think they are mediums when they are not. Most mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums.

Let me say what mediums are, as the is a lot of confusion about what a medium is - A medium is someone who contacts the DEAD and can give messages or the like to the living. They are basically a two way channel between the living world and the dead world. Thats it, it's that simple. ANYTHING else is NOT mediumship. I have seen Tarot readers, psychics, and so on call themselves Clair this and that, and international mediums etc and they aren't. One even got very shocked when I said do you actually contact the dead and said a firm NO - therefore she was not a medium.

Now how do we know mediums are born and not made? Let me give you an example:

I sat in circle for some 6 years, that being a closed development circle. Most of us except two got mediumship links after developing in the normal way. The said two never ever got any messages from Spirit at all. They were both lovely ladies, strong characters etc., but not once did they get a link. They did everything right just like the rest of us, tried everything they could but got absolutly nothing, nil, zero.

Now if everyone was a medium, then Spirit would use that link and both the two would have become very good mediums. Instead they blossomed out into other areas of Spirit work. Everyone wants to be a medium, without knowing the pros and cons, and ignore the great service of those who do organisation, teaching and so on.

The other thing is, is that just because you have the born 'talent' of being a medium doesn't mean your going to be a good one. I was once told by a teacher that there are many pianist but few concert pianist.

Many also believe that if your a born/natural medium you don't need to be taught. This can also cause multiple problems not only physically, psychologically and in other areas of the life. To be a medium means you have to have a certain moral and ethical code, and behave a certain way, those who do well actually keep to these. Those who fall from grace often dont.

Now everyone is Psychic or has atleast a level of intuition but this also comes in levels of talent, some are very good while others no matter how they try just don't float the boat. It's like being a painter, some are Constables and others just do scribble. Now a very good Psychic or even a Cold Reader can appear to be a Medium with how they question or put information over, using set words like they said, he said, I feel she/he/it did this or that, I'm afraid that doesn't mean they are actually doing mediumship. They actually have to prove they are speaking to someone in the Spirit world, and a good medium will do that with ease.

I would say if you want to be a Medium, then watch those who already are very closely, see what they ACTUALLY say, the information that is given over, how they dress, how they act and come up with your own conclusions. Be warned though some on TV who say they are mediums aren't, likewise there can be so called mediums on the church circuit that aren't either.

PS: If you are already a medium then try linking in with another medium (with their permission) when they have a message, now if they are you will be able to link in with the same person they are dealing with. This is a great way to spot a fraud in action. If you can't link in with that spirit or don't see one around them then it's more then likely there isn't one.

PPS: Psychic/Intuitive = reading the living person, their aura, in the past and present. Medium = contacting the dead and passing on messages.

Divine Energy
09-07-2012, 10:01 AM
I've spent the last twenty minutes or so following this fascinating thread. I'm going to go off the original topic slightly, but in response to those trying to discuss the merits of having a clear definition of a medium, here goes my attempt...

If you are a potential sitter (person looking to have a reading with a psychic or medium), then it's extremely important that the perpetrator of such a reading knows where or whom the information they receive is coming from.
If the sitter is wishing to have communication from a dear departed loved one, if they visit a psychic, then this type of reading yields an energy read from the persons own auric field and the chances of hearing from your loved one in spirit is ZILTCH!

Many years ago I went to a psychic fare and there were "lots" of sensitives (a blanket term to describe psychics, mediums and healers) on show, plying there various talents, so I chose a lady who claimed to be a medium. I got an expert psychic reading from her, but she just echoed back to me what I already knew!! Nothing more.... This wasn't mediumship, nor did it aid my enquiry. I spent 30 pounds or so on false representation. Ironically, the lady in the next stall, who marketed herself as a psychic, produced some fabulous evidential mediumship.

In conclusion, I think that it's imperative to have clear and educated definitions. When you call on the help of any skilled person, be it a plumber or electrician/doctor etc. Surely a skill set/match is the minimum requirement and fundamental to the end result?

Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes,
Danny

mac
09-07-2012, 11:33 AM
I've spent the last twenty minutes or so following this fascinating thread. I'm going to go off the original topic slightly, but in response to those trying to discuss the merits of having a clear definition of a medium, here goes my attempt...

If you are a potential sitter (person looking to have a reading with a psychic or medium), then it's extremely important that the perpetrator of such a reading knows where or whom the information they receive is coming from.
If the sitter is wishing to have communication from a dear departed loved one, if they visit a psychic, then this type of reading yields an energy read from the persons own auric field and the chances of hearing from your loved one in spirit is ZILTCH!

Many years ago I went to a psychic fare and there were "lots" of sensitives (a blanket term to describe psychics, mediums and healers) on show, plying there various talents, so I chose a lady who claimed to be a medium. I got an expert psychic reading from her, but she just echoed back to me what I already knew!! Nothing more.... This wasn't mediumship, nor did it aid my enquiry. I spent 30 pounds or so on false representation. Ironically, the lady in the next stall, who marketed herself as a psychic, produced some fabulous evidential mediumship.

In conclusion, I think that it's imperative to have clear and educated definitions. When you call on the help of any skilled person, be it a plumber or electrician/doctor etc. Surely a skill set/match is the minimum requirement and fundamental to the end result?

Just my two cents worth.

Best wishes,
Danny

I reckon we've both been here before, eh Danny? :wink:

I suspect that we'll both find ourselves repeating it in the years ahead of us too.... :hug3:

Divine Energy
09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I reckon we've both been here before, eh Danny? :wink:

I suspect that we'll both find ourselves repeating it in the years ahead of us too.... :hug3:

Hi Mac,

I certainly admire your tireless work in this endeavour! :hug3:

Do I think we are all mediums? In my experience, no, I do not.

All the best,
Danny

mac
09-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Hi Mac,

I certainly admire your tireless work in this endeavour! :hug3:

Do I think we are all mediums? In my experience, no, I do not.

All the best,
Danny

Hello Danny

tireless work? Thanks for your kind words.

I keep doing my stuff but, oh boy, I do get tired of needing to say the same old stuff! But I suppose there will always be folk who are new to this 'stuff; and 'on their way' so to speak.

For them it'll still be helpful I'm hoping.

Papa Bear
16-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Are we all mediums? Well if the association is to mediate, or reflect between the varying natures from Spiritual into human nature, then maybe the question would make it simpler, if it was asked, are we all Spirits. For we know we have a human nature, so if we also accept having a Spiritual nature then there must be a natural mechanism which provides the ability to be a human medium for Spiritual reflections.

It is not as much a question of what we call it, being sensitive, a medium or channel, or even what we interpret its uses to be, for self- Spiritual development or in service to others as evidential mediumship, but more whether that natural mechanism of ethereal interconnectivity exists. For if it does then we are all unconscious mediums, because we do interact with the Spiritual conditions of existence routinely, whether we recognize it or not, whether we seek it out or ignore it, if that natural mechanism exists it must naturally link us to the Spiritual.

Maybe some consideration should be given to those natural mechanisms, where they are, how they work, why they exist, for beyond our chosen uses of mediumship is the fundamental question of Spiritual existence, not only after this life, but before it, during it. Because there is no more fundamental mediumship than the direct reflection of the Spirit we are, abridged into the understanding of the human consciousness we call our human life.

So if we may learn to reflect the reality of ethereal natural mechanisms which produce a Spiritual link to a human medium, then we may not need to reflect evidential proof of survival after life departs this world, because anyone could learn to recognize how to go there personally, before they leave this life.

Maybe a short personal story may reflect a little more meaning, for it reflects the mourner in need and the medium who is spiritually guided to help, as one and the same.

Even though I was an experienced Spiritual medium, when my Mother passed away many years ago, I was lost for many months. One afternoon as I sat on the living room floor, emotionally empty, filled with a bottomless sadness, I called to a Spirit guide to help me.

In seconds, I found myself sitting on top of a plateau, sharing that Spirit guides blanket, (he was a Native American) I had only experienced this once before. I looked upon his face, and he looked behind me. I turned to find my Mother sitting there, smiling. We held hands, for a timeless moment, nothing needed to be said. I opened my eyes sitting on that living room floor and my heart was filled with a Mothers love that could never end, my mourning ended in those moments, and I learned.

It seems the question has been confused with, are only those who develop an understanding or awareness of their mediumship actually mediums. While `all` Spiritual interconnectivity relies on the natural mediumship of the individual, there are endless examples of individuals who `sense` a presence, receive an understanding beyond their awareness of its source Spiritual reflection, as intuition is universal so is it`s source cause, so the manner in which mediumship presents its `Spiritual` reflections to us are as varied as there are human beings to experience its resulting awareness. But that is just my reflection.

mac
16-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Are we all mediums? Well if the association is to mediate, or reflect between the varying natures from Spiritual into human nature, then maybe the question would make it simpler, if it was asked, are we all Spirits. For we know we have a human nature, so if we also accept having a Spiritual nature then there must be a natural mechanism which provides the ability to be a human medium for Spiritual reflections.

It is not as much a question of what we call it, being sensitive, a medium or channel, or even what we interpret its uses to be, for self- Spiritual development or in service to others as evidential mediumship, but more whether that natural mechanism of ethereal interconnectivity exists. For if it does then we are all unconscious mediums, because we do interact with the Spiritual conditions of existence routinely, whether we recognize it or not, whether we seek it out or ignore it, if that natural mechanism exists it must naturally link us to the Spiritual.

Maybe some consideration should be given to those natural mechanisms, where they are, how they work, why they exist, for beyond our chosen uses of mediumship is the fundamental question of Spiritual existence, not only after this life, but before it, during it. Because there is no more fundamental mediumship than the direct reflection of the Spirit we are, abridged into the understanding of the human consciousness we call our human life.

So if we may learn to reflect the reality of ethereal natural mechanisms which produce a Spiritual link to a human medium, then we may not need to reflect evidential proof of survival after life departs this world, because anyone could learn to recognize how to go there personally, before they leave this life.

Maybe a short personal story may reflect a little more meaning, for it reflects the mourner in need and the medium who is spiritually guided to help, as one and the same.

Even though I was an experienced Spiritual medium, when my Mother passed away many years ago, I was lost for many months. One afternoon as I sat on the living room floor, emotionally empty, filled with a bottomless sadness, I called to a Spirit guide to help me.

In seconds, I found myself sitting on top of a plateau, sharing that Spirit guides blanket, (he was a Native American) I had only experienced this once before. I looked upon his face, and he looked behind me. I turned to find my Mother sitting there, smiling. We held hands, for a timeless moment, nothing needed to be said. I opened my eyes sitting on that living room floor and my heart was filled with a Mothers love that could never end, my mourning ended in those moments, and I learned.

It seems the question has been confused with, are only those who develop an understanding or awareness of their mediumship actually mediums. While `all` Spiritual interconnectivity relies on the natural mediumship of the individual, there are endless examples of individuals who `sense` a presence, receive an understanding beyond their awareness of its source Spiritual reflection, as intuition is universal so is it`s source cause, so the manner in which mediumship presents its `Spiritual` reflections to us are as varied as there are human beings to experience its resulting awareness. But that is just my reflection.
A long piece but I'd suggest that most of us will have some impression about the word 'medium' and what it means to us individually and/or collectively. Simply having, or developing, an awareness of the spiritual dimension of life does not - I contend - make us mediums in the sense that many/most of us think of mediums.

For my own part, mediumship is pretty easy to closely define but I accept that others have different outlooks. It's a subject I've done almost to death but to summarise it's often thought that psychics and mediums are the same and both bring communications from discarnates. (this is particularly evident in the USA)

I note you use the term 'Spiritual (sic) medium' about yourself which I've learned is the equivalent of our evidential medium. Your anecdote shows that even those with understanding of survival et al can feel the same physical and emotional loss at the passing of their loved ones.

Distortedsoundz
16-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I think that everyone has some degree of mediumship abilities. I have a hard time believing that only certain people are born with the ability to communicate with the deceased but everyone has psychic abilities. Even as a medium myself I do question a lot of what is put out there that everyone just eats up.
I personally feel that sure, some people are born with a naturally strong ability to communicate with the deceased, but those from the other side can and will come through to whoever, whenever it is appropriate.
They say that natural mediums have to be at a higher frequency,enlightened and and all of this other yadda yadda baloney but I have noticed that a good amount of really strong,natural born and talented mediums are extremely high strung and mentally out there and at times engage in self destructive behaviors.
That goes to show that you don't have to be some perfect,holier than thou person to be able to communicate with those that have passed. And I don't see how spirit will only come through certain people regardless of how they act in their physical bodies even when it is not so great but not someone who actively goes out of their way to be an enlightened,spiritual,healthy and well rounded person with good intentions.
I just fail to subscribe to the "Only the cool kids are allowed in this club." mentality.
I see no problem in trying to open yourself up to communicating with those on the other side. You may surprise yourself. If it does not happen, no big deal, our buddies on the other side know your heart and you'll be led onto a path that is best suited for you.

mac
16-07-2012, 02:34 PM
I think that everyone has some degree of mediumship abilities. I have a hard time believing that only certain people are born with the ability to communicate with the deceased but everyone has psychic abilities. Even as a medium myself I do question a lot of what is put out there that everyone just eats up.
I personally feel that sure, some people are born with a naturally strong ability to communicate with the deceased, but those from the other side can and will come through to whoever, whenever it is appropriate.
They say that natural mediums have to be at a higher frequency,enlightened and and all of this other yadda yadda baloney but I have noticed that a good amount of really strong,natural born and talented mediums are extremely high strung and mentally out there and at times engage in self destructive behaviors.
That goes to show that you don't have to be some perfect,holier than thou person to be able to communicate with those that have passed. And I don't see how spirit will only come through certain people regardless of how they act in their physical bodies even when it is not so great but not someone who actively goes out of their way to be an enlightened,spiritual,healthy and well rounded person with good intentions.
I just fail to subscribe to the "Only the cool kids are allowed in this club." mentality.
I see no problem in trying to open yourself up to communicating with those on the other side. You may surprise yourself. If it does not happen, no big deal, our buddies on the other side know your heart and you'll be led onto a path that is best suited for you.

A lot of belief and hypothesis but little else.

As I've often asked before, what do you think a medium is? What do you think a medium does?

Distortedsoundz
16-07-2012, 07:32 PM
The only thing that I fully believe in is my personal experiences and detailed information that I've passed that has been 100 percent validated. I definitely see,smell,feel and hear energies/entities. The information that I get is usually spot on, although not 100 percent each and every time. I liken myself to an interpreter. But anyone that claims 100 percent is full of hot air.
I've been able to accurately tell the future or give verifiable information to many people. I also strongly feel that I channel something/someone else on a regular basis. I'm excited at the prospect that some day science will make some amazing discoveries involving the things that myself and others tap into with these same abilities.
Overall I have to say that I too have a lot of questions and can't fully understand, and I am okay with that, & secure in who I am. I stand by the "Don't put god in a box" and let the universe sort things out in it's own way instead of smacking people down left and right with rigid views.

A lot of belief and hypothesis but little else.

As I've often asked before, what do you think a medium is? What do you think a medium does?

Papa Bear
16-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi mac,
A long piece but I'd suggest that most of us will have some impression about the word 'medium' and what it means to us individually and/or collectively. Simply having, or developing, an awareness of the spiritual dimension of life does not - I contend - make us mediums in the sense that many/most of us think of mediums.
Within a spiritualist community the majority probably associate mediumship with the evidential medium, while recognizing the `mediumship of Spiritual healers or trance mediums as less prominent while no less mediumship, as both abridge reflections from a Spiritual source. But the world has come a long way in the past twenty years regarding self-Spiritual development as the term most becomes more global and less a reflection of the spiritualist, the meaning of mediumship has naturally expanded.

For my own part, mediumship is pretty easy to closely define but I accept that others have different outlooks. It's a subject I've done almost to death but to summarise it's often thought that psychics and mediums are the same and both bring communications from discarnates. (this is particularly evident in the USA)
The crossover between reference to medium or psychic has become confused, maybe because some psychics are mediums and some mediums are psychic, so the interpretation of what they define they are producing becomes entangled.

It has been referenced that the meaning of the word medium, as associated with abridging the Spiritual into human consciousness, is not clarified by most interpretations of the word, resulting in individualized interpretations of what the word actually defines. Personally I refer to the energy which produces the nature of what a medium interprets as mediumship, rather than the activity of the medium, as the nature of ethereal resonance flows are the `medium` through which `all` forms of mediumship may reflect varied aspects of Spiritual reflection.

I note you use the term 'Spiritual (sic) medium' about yourself which I've learned is the equivalent of our evidential medium. Your anecdote shows that even those with understanding of survival et al can feel the same physical and emotional loss at the passing of their loved ones.
I found the experience to be a crucial aspect of my own development as a Spiritual medium, during twenty years in the same spiritualist church. I understand the reasoning for evidential mediumship being the central theme of spiritualist belief systems, but I also understand the significance of limiting an understanding of what mediumship can be, as a key aspect of self -Spiritual development.

The nature of ethereal interconnectivity which abridges the nature of Spiritual and human natures cannot be contained within a singular human equation of the use or experience of mediumship, as its nature is universal in effect. It`s just my experience of what mediumship can be beyond spiritualisms uses, while I have every respect for the platform spiritualism created for Spiritual development and the awareness of mediumship, I evolved beyond its evidential service to others, and realized a more varied understanding of what it is to be a medium, but that is just me. Respect mac. (sorry for the length of reply I have not expressed too much on the subject so far.)

mac
17-07-2012, 07:28 AM
The only thing that I fully believe in is my personal experiences and detailed information that I've passed that has been 100 percent validated. I definitely see,smell,feel and hear energies/entities. The information that I get is usually spot on, although not 100 percent each and every time. I liken myself to an interpreter. But anyone that claims 100 percent is full of hot air.
I've been able to accurately tell the future or give verifiable information to many people. I also strongly feel that I channel something/someone else on a regular basis. I'm excited at the prospect that some day science will make some amazing discoveries involving the things that myself and others tap into with these same abilities.
Overall I have to say that I too have a lot of questions and can't fully understand, and I am okay with that, & secure in who I am. I stand by the "Don't put god in a box" and let the universe sort things out in it's own way instead of smacking people down left and right with rigid views.

Did you actually say here what you think a medium is or does?

mac
17-07-2012, 07:41 AM
I decided to look back through this fairly short thread to refresh my pathetic memory of what had been discussed earlier.

That was quite an eye-opener for me as I'd posted quite extensively (which I'd forgotten) and found that the thread began way back in January 2011!

Eighteen months on and we're still debating what a medium is and what a medium does. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Distortedsoundz
17-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Simply, someone who communicates with the deceased and carries out messages from the other side. Is that what is in question? That's kind of silly.

Distortedsoundz
17-07-2012, 02:02 PM
And yes, if you read what I wrote, I explained to the best of my knowledge what I myself as a medium does. I can't speak for everyone.

John32241
17-07-2012, 03:00 PM

Yes we are all here to learn and help one another. I am currently reading a book that I strongly suspect you would find helpful.
http://www.diannecollins.com/

I have been a medium for some time and this book has explained many things to me. I suspect that we are only scratching the surface of our human potentials.

John

mac
17-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Simply, someone who communicates with the deceased and carries out messages from the other side. Is that what is in question? That's kind of silly.
I'm not an individual who asks questions that are "kind of silly". When I ask a proper question about a subject on which there is great ambiguity, it's not in any way "kind of silly"?

I asked you as I've asked countless others on this and on other websites because the word 'medium' is one which is used to mean different things. Yours is yet another variant.

mac
17-07-2012, 03:24 PM
Yes we are all here to learn and help one another. I am currently reading a book that I strongly suspect you would find helpful.
http://www.diannecollins.com/ (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.diannecollins.com% 2F)

I have been a medium for some time and this book has explained many things to me. I suspect that we are only scratching the surface of our human potentials.

John

What kind of medium are you, John?

mac
17-07-2012, 03:33 PM
And yes, if you read what I wrote, I explained to the best of my knowledge what I myself as a medium does. I can't speak for everyone.
I didn't ask that you speak for everyone. I asked what you thought and I had read what you wrote.

You said "I personally feel that sure, some people are born with a naturally strong ability to communicate with the deceased, but those from the other side can and will come through to whoever, whenever it is appropriate." You didn't say that was what you thought a medium is or does. It isn't, incidentally, my understanding of a medium. That's simply communication.

It's also wholly conjecture that, quote: "....those from the other side can and will come through to whoever," and that situation is not born out in practice.

John32241
17-07-2012, 06:21 PM
What kind of medium are you, John?

I describe it this way.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38269

As you said, that word "medium" means different things to different people. The spirits that I talk with do not need to be deceased or "not embodied".

John

mac
17-07-2012, 08:00 PM
I describe it this way.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38269 (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiritualforums.co m%2Fvb%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D38269)

As you said, that word "medium" means different things to different people. The spirits that I talk with do not need to be deceased or "not embodied".

John

For this simple soul perhaps you could just describe what you are/what you do in a few words?

Distortedsoundz
17-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Well, I'm not sure if I am getting your tone over the internet, but it seems like you're getting a bit uppity about the whole thing. Of course asking that question is going to invite a broad range of responses, because different people=different perspectives. Which may turn it into something rather..Convoluted. I am merely attempting to provoke people (in a good way) to take what others say with a grain of salt and draw their own conclusions from their own feelings and experiences.

I'm not an individual who asks questions that are "kind of silly". When I ask a proper question about a subject on which there is great ambiguity, it's not in any way "kind of silly"?

I asked you as I've asked countless others on this and on other websites because the word 'medium' is one which is used to mean different things. Yours is yet another variant.

mac
17-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Well, I'm not sure if I am getting your tone over the internet, but it seems like you're getting a bit uppity about the whole thing. Of course asking that question is going to invite a broad range of responses, because different people=different perspectives. Which may turn it into something rather..Convoluted. I am merely attempting to provoke people (in a good way) to take what others say with a grain of salt and draw their own conclusions from their own feelings and experiences.
You're confusing my serious approach with being "a bit uppity".

I asked you a question about yourself - I was interested in hearing what you had to say. I've been doing this kind of thing for years so I already know what the range of answers will likely encompass. But I still like to learn what individuals think and from that I gain a broader perspective. That helps my understanding.

I keep questions simple so answers are less likely to get convoluted - convolution most often occurs when folk fail to stay on topic, where they wander off into other topics.

Taking things with a grain of salt - what you're suggesting you'd like others to do - usually means dealing with matters lightly.

Not my style.

Toolite
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
What do you think?

I think all souls or humans are born with the gift but, it depends where that individual is in their teachings and growth if they will demonstrate their gifts.. Thats like we all have a friend that think the spiritual gifts are silly or not true but, thats because where they are in the lesson plans of life.. but, you will see at times they still practise basic discernment etc.. without being aware thats what they are doing..

Those are my views..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!