PDA

View Full Version : Sun Sign All Wrong

windwhistle
20-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I was 10 days late being born. I was supposed to come out on Oct. 20th. There was a lot of stress in my family so I waited in the comfort of the womb. Instead I was born on Oct. 30...a Scorpio Sun, Scorpio Moon, Scorpio Rising and Scorpio Venus.

However, I have never identified with Scorpio.

I have begun reading Libra stuff and feel much more Libra. My new theory is the month denotes the sign...hence being born in Oct. makes me Libra, March is for Pisces, April for Aires, and so on.

I am definitely an air person. I hate water except to drink. I fly the astral in my dreams, love the sound of the wind more than anything in nature. I work in a creative field. I am all about balance. It has taken me years to achieve balance as I have a mental disorder that I now treat very responsibly. I have always been very spacey, sweet, forgetful and like most people...sometimes manipulative and a worrier.

So I'm going to be a Libra! Because otherwise, horoscopes aren't true for me.

I think I'll check out my full horoscope for Oct. 20.

LightFilledHeart
20-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I have begun reading Libra stuff and feel much more Libra. My new theory is the month denotes the sign...hence being born in Oct. makes me Libra, March is for Pisces, April for Aires, and so on.

Your above comment indicates that you have been exploring this on your own. Astrology is a very complex discipline that requires many years of study and exploration to perfect. With all due respect, have you ever had a genuine full astrological chart drawn up, complete with interpretation from an experienced and qualified astrologist? Because if you have not, you probobly have not been shown the true indicators of character, personality and tendancies for your specific birth time! Scorpio, despite it's "bad rap", is a very spiritual and mystical sign. [Not surprisingly, it is often found among those who have chosen to walk a spiritual path] Libra has good qualities also. But to assign a specific sign to each month as you propose (and not allow for the dates on which the change from one to another occurs) is too simplistic and would be highly inaccurate.

You may not be aware of how many Scorpio traits you embody, especially if you have a prejudice against the generalized attributes of the sign. I was born on the 24th of October, right on the cusp of Libra and Scorpio, but to call me a Libra would be incorrect, for I am not. I am a Scorpio who possesses not only the traits of my Sun sign, but many Libran qualities as well :smile: Personally I embrace the qualities of both signs and can readily see how they make me a more balanced (and interesting!) individual. But with a birthday of Oct. 24th, I am a Scorpio, not a Libra. Nothing can or will change that.

P.S. If you need the name of a good astrologer, I will be happy to PM you with that information

Sira
20-01-2011, 05:49 PM
So I'm going to be a Libra! Because otherwise, horoscopes aren't true for me.
Taking the power, are you? That's the way!!! :hug2:

windwhistle
20-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Yes, I have been to a good astrologer and had my chart done in detail. It does not fit me at all. Yet, Libra does.

Either I'm a Libra or astrology is not true for me.

I guess...to each his own. There are many paths up the same mountain but the spiritual divine at the summit is the same for all of us.

I declare I am not a Scorpio, but a Libra. Nothing is fixed...there are plenty of shades of gray between black and white. For astrology to be a 'true' study it must have the ability to 'bend,' to be flexible. Nothing is exact...there is no perfect circle.

My intuition told me you were be a Libra-Scorpio cusp before I ever got into your post. I imagine it was disconcerting in the beginning of your studies to not really be one or the other but a mix of both. You had to stand firm with one to follow that path. I have been this way with many spiritual paths and indeed it leads to dissolution. I have found it better to have an open mind instead of being restricted by conventional, often regurgitated verbage or whimsy at the ego-fantasies of a writer.

windwhistle
20-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Right on Sira---You got it !!!