PDA

View Full Version : Balance

ct0
19-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Throughout my spiritual journey I have encountered a few enlightend speakers talk about how the key to spiritual progression is to stop living in the duality of positive and negative and to exist in the duality of balance. What does this mean in terms of consistently thinking positive and creating a positive reality with your thoughts? That you can create too much positive? I feel this thought has manifested in my subconcious and is causing me to feel as though any positive attitude I have there will be a reaction of the negative. Many teachers advocate to always think positive so I am in a state of confusion as to how this system works?:confused:
Much love

Serenity Bear
19-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Its about being balanced like on a see-saw. If you have too much of either you are unbalanced. If your too positive you go hyper active, sometimes arrogant, over confident and vain, while too little and your depressed, etc.

The best is to keep a balance with a slight lean to the positive, this way if anything comes along to knock you off your feet you can easily regain your balance.

Kramer
19-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I think trusting your feelings is a good thing. If you're forcing yourself to be positive in situations that don't suit then this would cause imbalance.

Positive and negative are ascepts of balance. They are not the same. It greatly depends on your lifestyle. If you face any struggles and challenges of a negative nature then to tackle them with a positive mind of view this is creating balance but in an extreme which is unbalance. Finding the root of the struggles and challenges and dealing with it so the outcome is less extreme is a way of achieving good balance. Same as if you eat too many cakes but exercise furiously to burn the calories. Its a balance but the extremes aren't good. To eat sensibly and exerise moderately is pure balance.

Does this help? I hope so. x

Gem
19-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I think balance is a state of equalibrium derived by understanding change, so as things occur, be they pleasant or unpleasant, they are equally accepted to be in passing.

harley's mum
19-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Hello ot0...

if I might discuss "balance" and this comes from the experience and perspective of an old yogi..ok...
if you notice the figure in my avatar.. well that was chosen deliberately as a symbolism of the yogi life because in order to maintain the balance required to do a one armed handstand requires tremendous physical strength, enormous concentration and time to practice practice practice...
there is a wonderful song that sums it up "I get knocked down but I get up again they ain't never going to keep me down"

also please be assured that even the "enlightened speakers" do not live one hundred percent of their days in a state of perpetual positive thinking that would be completely delusional...
when I read the Dalai Lama's autobiography the part and might sound silly but... the part I liked most was how human he still is and how he gets cross about things going wrong in his flower garden...

aser's homie
24-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Go for a grand slam of blessing, if this gives you confidence such is good.. If being too defensive or open makes you feel weaker, then don't try it... Don't fight the blessing you desire after all what you gawk from being all too beautiful at ever beautiful n' good.