PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity: Best Gift You Can Receive

Timeless
18-01-2016, 05:48 AM
Curiosity is a gift because it's not something we created ourselves. It was placed at our feet, and we were given the honor of being the one who perceives all of the beauty that is constantly unraveling. A limitless curiosity is something that I try to aim for. If you feel you can no longer go anywhere, what is point of living? That's why curiosity is a gift. It allows you the opportunity to see things from a different light, while never being stuck on something.

The experience of new things is vital to your spiritual being. Curiosity results in a lot of things. The scientific method was founded with curiosity. And most art results from curiosity. In music, for example, chord progressions capture the curiosity of listeners. What is the next chord going to be? How will it make me feel?

naturesflow
18-01-2016, 06:13 AM
Curiosity is a gift because it's not something we created ourselves. It was placed at our feet, and we were given the honor of being the one who perceives all of the beauty that is constantly unraveling. A limitless curiosity is something that I try to aim for. If you feel you can no longer go anywhere, what is point of living? That's why curiosity is a gift. It allows you the opportunity to see things from a different light, while never being stuck on something.

The experience of new things is vital to your spiritual being. Curiosity results in a lot of things. The scientific method was founded with curiosity. And most art results from curiosity. In music, for example, chord progressions capture the curiosity of listeners. What is the next chord going to be? How will it make me feel?

Indeed. A curious open mind continues to question, continues to see with fresh eyes and feelings, always opening to more. It can be like an unquenchable thirst, if you allow yourself to participate in this way...:cool:

Lorelyen
18-01-2016, 09:01 AM
It's human nature - perhaps because one wants to be confident of how they've constructed of their reality. They need explanations of how things work - the whole of science seems based on this - and as a way of improving conditions for themselves. Curiosity leads to examining an unknown. Survival involves dealing with the unknown, making it known so we can see how it affects us.

An occultist of some renown once told me that every moment of every day is important, depending how we value it. Most of those moments will contain new experiences or phenomena/noumena being revisited which may be assimilated to augment one's previous experiences.

Music is complex but in your sense it's about creating tension and the anticipation of a resolution which is a part of harmonic progression. Rather than curiosity through it's about the need for a release, meaning resolution onto a concord. Why I don't look on it as curiosity is that it involves expectation - and thereby composers can spring surprises by defeating the resolution - the interrupted cadence is a good example, or landing on a completely unexpected harmony.

Interesting....

Mr Interesting
18-01-2016, 09:23 PM
There was this absolutely neato video which purported to be about cat's claws and how they keep them renewing themselves and it was this cat who climbed like a four metre brick wall on the corner of a house. Supposedly it couldn't climb a flat brick wall but a corner allowed it's strength in it's legs to be optimised and so it climbed up this corner of bricks... but what was at the top? Not sucess it seems, not this totally chuffed victorious feline about to prance in that lazy and totally graceful cat way... no, what was at the top was a bunch of other cats who seemingly taken the easy way up the wall by climbing the stairs in the house and then sitting luxuriantly on this balcony edge and then actually swatting, you know the cat punch thing eh?, yup, these other cats there making the whole escapade, this glorious surmounting, even harder.

So what's the moral of this story? tell me please because I'd like to know too. I'm curious.

Shivani Devi
19-01-2016, 09:18 AM
There was this absolutely neato video which purported to be about cat's claws and how they keep them renewing themselves and it was this cat who climbed like a four metre brick wall on the corner of a house. Supposedly it couldn't climb a flat brick wall but a corner allowed it's strength in it's legs to be optimised and so it climbed up this corner of bricks... but what was at the top? Not sucess it seems, not this totally chuffed victorious feline about to prance in that lazy and totally graceful cat way... no, what was at the top was a bunch of other cats who seemingly taken the easy way up the wall by climbing the stairs in the house and then sitting luxuriantly on this balcony edge and then actually swatting, you know the cat punch thing eh?, yup, these other cats there making the whole escapade, this glorious surmounting, even harder.

So what's the moral of this story? tell me please because I'd like to know too. I'm curious.You appreciate the view from the summit more if you climb the mountain yourself, instead of just taking the helicopter ride up there = moral of story.

Anyway, I have an unrestricted and unrestrained curiosity - but this can also get one in a whole load of deep poo as well, if carried to the extreme. There are some things one is better off not knowing, but it can't be taken back once it is known. Ignorance can certainly be bliss in quite a few of these cases...especially when unbridled curiosity meets brutal honesty and the lines of 'TMI' have to be drawn somewhere.

I'd rather not be curious anymore...I think I am down to about 'Life #6' of my '9 Lives' right now because of it.