PDA

View Full Version : Me Vs Life

MOLA
15-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Hello.

First of all, you may gather from the thread title that I've made life as my enemy. That is not true. What I simply mean by "me vs life" is how me and life have been rivals as of late and not really working together for some unknown reason.

Now to the main topic. The reason why I say that me and life have not been working together is because of two major reasons. These reasons are based on major decisions that I've made several months ago and a decision that I've made very recently. Please bear with me because I am indeed venting and flowing out my frustrations with life.

I have tried to remain strong, patient and positive as best I can. But even the strongest rock will break in time due to consistent pressure from currents (I apologize if I got this metaphor totally wrong :biggrin:

The first major decision that I've made:

The decision that I've made first happened in late 2015. I was living comfortably with my mother in the US. But due to domestic problems and the fact that I felt I was living inside of a cage, I made the decision to "take a vacation" to my home country. I deceived my mother by telling her I was going to take a vacation when in my mind, I wasn't sure that was the case. Maybe I wanted to be on my own?

Then it happened. From October 15th, 2015 I was on my own. I was living on my own. The only thing I had was my old home and everything else was gone. I made plans with my close friend as regards how I could get start-up capital to rebuild my life. I was excited!

Fast forward to January 2016 - that plan never came to fruition. Delay after delay, wait after wait, I find my self close to becoming crazy with waiting. I was definitely learning patience alright. (Oh, late November and early December, I met a woman whom I never expected to appear in my life :hug3: )

Decision #2 came off after I decided to ask my mom for help regarding money. I told her I was broke and I needed to borrow some money from her because I was waiting. She ONLY helped me when I told her that I was ready to give up and would go back to the US and live close to her again.

A few days later, my girlfriend would ask me about my life back in the US. She'd ask questions here and there and we'd talk about it for days. Then to my surprise, she's willing to drop plans of our supposed to be life here and was willing to the US and live with me there. I saw this as a sign and immediately I decided to come back.

My mother at first didn't know about my girlfriend wanting to move to the US with me. But she ask me if I told and asked my girlfriend about moving there. Coincidence? This wasn't like my mother. It was like a different person. Then I'd proceeded to get permission from my girlfriend's mother, which went very smoothly as opposed to my ex-girlfriend a year ago.

Now I'm ready to apply her visa and get everything started and the only obstacle here is yes..money. I'm supposed to wait until the end of the month from my apartment's management (they owe us for being late with finishing constructing the apartment). So MORE waiting.

Why can't everything go smoothly for once?

So there you go. When will this pain and torture end? I'm this close to becoming crazy with all this waiting. The more I wait, the more I waste time. The more I waste time, the more hopeless I become. As I'm writing this, I'm shedding tears because of how my life has been recently.

So cruel.

Thank you for reading :redface:

Greenslade
15-01-2016, 11:34 AM
I'm this close to becoming crazy with all this waiting. The more I wait, the more I waste time. The more I waste time, the more hopeless I become. So if the waiting is driving you crazy, what are you waiting for? It's just getting you into a hopeless situation. If nothing changes then nothing changes.

MOLA
15-01-2016, 11:37 AM
So if the waiting is driving you crazy, what are you waiting for? It's just getting you into a hopeless situation. If nothing changes then nothing changes.

Waiting for management to pay me owed money so I can go ahead and apply for the visa. :confused:

Shivani Devi
19-01-2016, 05:48 AM
In the 'Me vs Life' department, I always come off the worst.

I understand now that God/universe has made me their pet plaything and I am the butt of endless celestial jokes it seems only God gets...and I want Him to knock it off and leave me alone now...I cannot take it anymore.

It seems I have to start off each day with a specific prayer to Ganesha now...they say Lord Ganesha removes obstacles...I wonder if He'll remove the ones His old man puts in my way on purpose?

Dear God;

I neither asked for nor wanted to be born, so why make me compete with many others (who are way better than I am at it) for precious and limited resources?

Why make me leave home in my car... with my wheelchair-bound mother in tow...make me bash my shins on the wheelchair creating a huge bruise, then make the wheelchair handle take out a tail light on the way into my boot/trunk and then get caught under the locking latch once it was in?

Why make me get every single one of the 6 lights on red between here and the shopping mall, the whole trip taking about half an hour longer than usual? Then when I get to the mall, there are no parking spaces available and I must park my car about 2 blocks away and wheel my mum in the chair the whole way there and back?

Why does it take me 10-15 minutes to walk about 50 metres across the Centre Court? avoiding trolleys, prams, kids with skate shoes, old people with walking frames...all walking at right-angles to where I want to go...or just walking and stopping in their tracks without due warning?

Then why, when I go to buy what I went to the mall to actually get, they are 'out of stock'? Why are the shops always 'out of stock' of cheap, advertised items, but they'll try and sell you a similar thing for twice the price once you get there? I told them where they could shove the more expensive item(s) anyway.

Then, I go to go home and have exactly the same hassles in reverse...except for the fact I needed petrol on the way home and saw it was $1-03 litre for the Ethanol one...so I thought "that's cheap enough, I'll put $30 in"...I drove inside the petrol station and all the pumps that sold the cheap petrol were all 'out of order' so either the petrol station manager is full of lies or I have been beaten to all of the 'cheap petrol' by everybody else out there before I arrived.

For once, I'd like to be the 'first in line' for something....anything and I wish there was a way I could actually guarantee that to happen, so I could do whatever I want without having to wait for somebody else to do exactly the same thing before me...but there isn't any guarantee I can ever make that happen, without sincere prayer.

That's all I want from life...that's all it will take to make me happy and satisfied with this existence.

So, compared to me, other people's problems are minor. When God has a vendetta and even death is too good for one He hates, this is what happens.