PDA

View Full Version : green

Roselove
18-01-2011, 07:19 PM
has anyone tried green smoothies? do they actually taste good?

cazza
19-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Hello Rosewater do you mean green juice drinks? If so I have tried these and to be quite honest I have tasted worse, to sweeten for the kids though I add carrots, and dependent on the volume I need to make a cucumber makes it go a long way. Hope that helped:redface: Love and Light

Roselove
19-01-2011, 04:32 PM
thank you! i think i'll pass lol

Silver
19-01-2011, 06:38 PM
There is some natural green a popular brand on the market that my son and I both enjoyed, I'll have to google what name I think it's under, but I remember it being quite good, maybe "Naked Juice" brand? I had a juicer long ago and made green drinks ~ as long as you add a little sweeter stuff to make up for the 'green' stuff, you should be fine, like apples or grapes and always with a little lemon.

Gracey
19-01-2011, 07:36 PM
fruitein has vegitarian smoothies (shakes) that are really good. they have vitamins, minerals, enzymes, herbs and whole foods. there a variety to choose from too.

Roselove
19-01-2011, 08:39 PM
thanks silver and gracey will look into that

Alice_1
31-07-2018, 06:02 AM
If they add honey and chia seeds. then they are delicious.

Debrah
04-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Green smoothies can taste great or they can be awful. It just depends on what you put in them. When I first started making them and trying out different vegetables, some were so bad, that drinking them was like 'taking my medicine'. Definitely needed an upgrade from those!

I tend to prefer mine a little bland. Used to include all kinds of fruit but then it was really sweet. Now I use a pretty basic combination of kale, romaine lettuce, a couple heaping tablespoons of precooked yam (that gives it a bit of sweetness), an orange, 1/4 avocado, a bit of soft tofu for the protein and water.

I have one for breakfast every morning and my goal is more about the nutrient load than any 'aesthetic' enjoyment of breakfast.

Rah nam
05-08-2018, 01:36 AM
If you like bitter tastes yes, to me bitter is great, great for the liver as well.