PDA

View Full Version : I CANNOT focus!

Moon_Glow
12-01-2016, 05:15 PM
I cannot focus at work!!! And it seems to have gotten much more docile and horrible since my "awakening" has begun.

I have no desire, I intensely dislike my job.

I NEED to do something different but unfortunately I cannot take a pay cut and I don't think I can achieve this salary in a different field.

I also am the ONLY income for my family - my partner is a stay-at-home Dad so the finances are 100% on my shoulders. We have a 1 1/2 year old son.

I need advice - I know I need to get into another profession but I don't know how.

I am creative, I write, I draw (not too well but I love it), I paint, I carve things out of wood, I make jewelry, I love adventures and children and travel and animals....

And I cannot bear another day selling insurance - the 9-5 office lifestyle is the most depressing thing (for me).

I want one of us to be home with our son as childcare is so outrageously priced, espically in our area, and we are afraid that my partner wouldn't be able to achieve my salary either.

The only thing I enjoy is organizing my desk and getting a paycheck.

Help, I'm stuck

:icon_frown:

Miss Hepburn
12-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Happily, imagine yourself in the the job of your dreams.
Read the book "Ask And It Is Given" by Ester Hicks, so you
will understand this better.

I would immediately knock off the stinkin thinkin ...and then saying words like
'cannot' in bold no less and 'I am stuck'.

What you believe you receive.
What you can conceive...you can make happen.

:wink: Hope this helps.

Moon_Glow
12-01-2016, 05:33 PM
Happily, imagine yourself in the the job of your dreams.
Read the book "Ask And It Is Given" by Ester Hicks, so you
will understand this better.

I would immediately knock off the stinkin thinkin ...and then saying words like
'cannot' in bold no less and 'I am stuck'.

What you believe you receive.
What you can conceive...you can make happen.

:wink: Hope this helps.

Thank you, it does, a pity party never helped anyone.

:redface:

Miss Hepburn
12-01-2016, 06:40 PM
Relish the feeling of this new job you are going to get. :thumbsup:

Like imagining youself on a beach...no reason for thoughts
to come in with any doubt. Just feel the feeling. :smile:

Moon_Glow
12-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Relish the feeling of this new job you are going to get. :thumbsup:

Like imagining youself on a beach...no reason for thoughts
to come in with any doubt. Just feel the feeling. :smile:

Trying....

Thanks for your positive feedback - needed that

Jatd
12-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Dear Friend, I read your post and Immediately my heart felt for you. I completely understand what you feel and why you feel this way.
I wish I had the answers but I am still struggling in a dog eat dog world.
If it were just me, I would likely run off on my own but because I have children to care for (I'm a single parent) I can't do that.

So, While I am working my corporate job, which I semi enjoy (Minus the corporate part).. I am trying to find a place for my heart in volunteer work, etc..

I joined a book study the other day and people were talking and they were saying how people are longing for something so much more. More than money can buy, more than church can provide.. there is a hunger...

You are not alone. Set your mind to seek what you want, because what you want seeks you as well.

Moon_Glow
12-01-2016, 08:54 PM
Dear Friend, I read your post and Immediately my heart felt for you. I completely understand what you feel and why you feel this way.
I wish I had the answers but I am still struggling in a dog eat dog world.
If it were just me, I would likely run off on my own but because I have children to care for (I'm a single parent) I can't do that.

So, While I am working my corporate job, which I semi enjoy (Minus the corporate part).. I am trying to find a place for my heart in volunteer work, etc..

I joined a book study the other day and people were talking and they were saying how people are longing for something so much more. More than money can buy, more than church can provide.. there is a hunger...

You are not alone. Set your mind to seek what you want, because what you want seeks you as well.

thank you for that... I hope you find what you are looking for as well :hug3:

Belle
12-01-2016, 08:55 PM
I do rate pity parties. Sometimes it's good to get things off the chest but with a view to getting somewhere.

How great you have a job to pay the bills and get out of the home and in contact with other people. I worked in an insurance company - not in the call centre but there was one there. The call centre staff were SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Moon_Glow
12-01-2016, 09:01 PM
I do rate pity parties. Sometimes it's good to get things off the chest but with a view to getting somewhere.

How great you have a job to pay the bills and get out of the home and in contact with other people. I worked in an insurance company - not in the call centre but there was one there. The call centre staff were SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

That would be much better than where I am... in a small office with my mother-in-law who just became "born again" and our boss is a Republican Police officer...

They're both great people but I bite my tongue more here than I ever have in my life. I wish there were more people in the office to break it up a bit but there aren't... we get like no foot traffic because our location isn't so great...

Getting out of the house and being able to support my family is great, don't get me wrong, it just sacrificing my self, forcing myself not to act myself is so hard. My last job was in a salon, with other woman, it was fast paced and so amazingly fun and I made the most awesome friends but unfortunately I reached the top and there was no more room for growth...

I keep seeing myself owning my own little shop one day, hopefully a small metaphysical shop of some kind, where I can be around things I love all day and people who share interests....

I know that's a longshot but if I keep picturing it then just maybe...

Silver
12-01-2016, 09:11 PM
I envy you because I can't even read and/or understand insurance - or any other fine print stuff you care to name! I envy you, I really do! i say be ever so grateful for your knowledge and talents, really!

If you can't change the world, then change yourself!

Moon_Glow
12-01-2016, 09:13 PM
I envy you because I can't even read and/or understand insurance - or any other fine print stuff you care to name! I envy you, I really do! i say be ever so grateful for your knowledge and talents, really!

If you can't change the world, then change yourself!

Thanks silver :)

wolfgaze
12-01-2016, 10:13 PM

And I cannot bear another day selling insurance - the 9-5 office lifestyle is the most depressing thing (for me).

I know this feeling all too well...

Perhaps it would be a small measure of comfort for you to remind yourself that you're not alone in feeling this way and that many others find themselves and have found themselves feeling the exact same way.....

I don't have answers for you but here is hoping that the Universe will guide you to the answers or the measures to take to carry yourself forward in this life...

One thing I will state is that something that had helped me cope with being at my corporate job was that I hooked up some small speakers to my computer and while at work I would play music at a very low volume and I found that listening to music helped to ease my mind while being there. There are hundreds of internet stations you can tune into and commercial free too.... Maybe see if you can do this in your work environment - play some classical music or any type of music that you find to be relaxing or uplifting. You can tune your mid into the audio stimulation while you find yourself doing tasks you otherwise would rather not be...

~WOLF

naturesflow
12-01-2016, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=Moon_Glow]I cannot focus at work!!! And it seems to have gotten much more docile and horrible since my "awakening" has begun.

Desire often falls away when your awakening to make room for the path aligning to you as your creating right now.

So often when you fall away so often does those aspects of you related to that falling. So this makes sense. Your outgrowing something, both inwardly and outwardly. Its how change moves us and shifts us into a life more aligned to where we are shifting to in us. And desire is part of this, it will arise through all your shifts to show you how it feels when we no longer connect. And that connection is within to find first.
I NEED to do something different but unfortunately I cannot take a pay cut and I don't think I can achieve this salary in a different field.

I also am the ONLY income for my family - my partner is a stay-at-home Dad so the finances are 100% on my shoulders. We have a 1 1/2 year old son.

I need advice - I know I need to get into another profession but I don't know how.

I am creative, I write, I draw (not too well but I love it), I paint, I carve things out of wood, I make jewelry, I love adventures and children and travel and animals....

I want one of us to be home with our son as childcare is so outrageously priced, espically in our area, and we are afraid that my partner wouldn't be able to achieve my salary either.

The only thing I enjoy is organizing my desk and getting a paycheck.

Help, I'm stuck

Your actually not stuck, just becoming aware of feelings and a situation you have to deal with as it is. You are opening up feelings showing, you are not content to be where you are no longer and in your whole state of awareness becoming more aware of what you want and what you need, what you would like. This is life. Its moving you even as you might feel stuck

It often helps to just start with one small step. Clear out the feelings your feeling. Lighten the load and then take the next step. Life is moving you through all your movements so new things come to you naturally as you grow and let go. Its the natural cycle of life.

THe universe is naturally supportive to us where we are. The process at times to shift out is about you first and foremost, the rest will fall into place.

So just listen and let go. Be aware of your surroundings and life comes into us in the most magical ways. When you least expect it too.

Our role is to listen and let go. Let life in and we naturally can be where we want, as we align in ourselves to the process as it lands and falls.

Moon_Glow
13-01-2016, 04:06 PM
I know this feeling all too well...

Perhaps it would be a small measure of comfort for you to remind yourself that you're not alone in feeling this way and that many others find themselves and have found themselves feeling the exact same way.....

I don't have answers for you but here is hoping that the Universe will guide you to the answers or the measures to take to carry yourself forward in this life...

One thing I will state is that something that had helped me cope with being at my corporate job was that I hooked up some small speakers to my computer and while at work I would play music at a very low volume and I found that listening to music helped to ease my mind while being there. There are hundreds of internet stations you can tune into and commercial free too.... Maybe see if you can do this in your work environment - play some classical music or any type of music that you find to be relaxing or uplifting. You can tune your mid into the audio stimulation while you find yourself doing tasks you otherwise would rather not be...

~WOLF

Thanks Wolf - does help :)

I'm going to look into that, our system blocks a lot of sites but some do work. Thanks!

Moon_Glow
13-01-2016, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE]

Desire often falls away when your awakening to make room for the path aligning to you as your creating right now.

So often when you fall away so often does those aspects of you related to that falling. So this makes sense. Your outgrowing something, both inwardly and outwardly. Its how change moves us and shifts us into a life more aligned to where we are shifting to in us. And desire is part of this, it will arise through all your shifts to show you how it feels when we no longer connect. And that connection is within to find first.

Your actually not stuck, just becoming aware of feelings and a situation you have to deal with as it is. You are opening up feelings showing, you are not content to be where you are no longer and in your whole state of awareness becoming more aware of what you want and what you need, what you would like. This is life. Its moving you even as you might feel stuck

It often helps to just start with one small step. Clear out the feelings your feeling. Lighten the load and then take the next step. Life is moving you through all your movements so new things come to you naturally as you grow and let go. Its the natural cycle of life.

THe universe is naturally supportive to us where we are. The process at times to shift out is about you first and foremost, the rest will fall into place.

So just listen and let go. Be aware of your surroundings and life comes into us in the most magical ways. When you least expect it too.

Our role is to listen and let go. Let life in and we naturally can be where we want, as we align in ourselves to the process as it lands and falls.

Thank you so much for this -- it really does make me feel much more hopeful and optimistic about the future, I appreciate you taking the time to give such kind advice.

Baile
13-01-2016, 04:24 PM
I'm all into letting go and such, but really... when you're miserable and stuck in a job you truly dislike, SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE. Here is what I observed while reading your post: you appear to believe it's YOU who needs to work this out somehow. But there are two of you in the relationship. If the practical side of things (a particular level of income) requires as much consideration as you seem to indicate, then your partner needs to look at how he can help with the finances. There are at least a couple of options there: you get a lower paying job you like and he works part-time evenings; or he gets his resume out there and maybe even looks to become the main income-earner.

When I was in high school everyone in the pottery class made statues while I created pots. I'm the practical, utilitarian sort, even when it comes to things spiritual. And correcting your unhappy employment situation in mainly practical ways is very spiritual.

kundalinikid
13-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Sorry, no answers for you OP. I find myself in a similar situation. Though, I have good and bad days.

Maybe start writing some short stories or a book in your spare time and see if that goes anywhere.

I'm not really tied down by anyone or anything though, so I often think of joining a monastery somewhere. Just the traffic, the rat race, the stupid corporate mantras that no one gives a **** about. It's just getting to me in a bad way.

Take care.

Baile
13-01-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm not really tied down by anyone or anything though, so I often think of joining a monastery somewhere. Just the traffic, the rat race, the stupid corporate mantras that no one gives a **** about. It's just getting to me in a bad way.Buy land, move there in a few years when it's paid off. The years whiz by, you'll be living in your own peaceful, quiet, self-created shangri la in next to no time.

Moon_Glow
13-01-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm all into letting go and such, but really... when you're miserable and stuck in a job you truly dislike, SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE. Here is what I observed while reading your post: you appear to believe it's YOU who needs to work this out somehow. But there are two of you in the relationship. If the practical side of things (a particular level of income) requires as much consideration as you seem to indicate, then your partner needs to look at how he can help with the finances. There are at least a couple of options there: you get a lower paying job you like and he works part-time evenings; or he gets his resume out there and maybe even looks to become the main income-earner.

When I was in high school everyone in the pottery class made statues while I created pots. I'm the practical, utilitarian sort, even when it comes to things spiritual. And correcting your unhappy employment situation in mainly practical ways is very spiritual.

Thanks Baile - and were working on the buying land thing... trying to figure out where to settle...

We've considered him working and me being home - or us both working and juggling childcare - keeping our eyes open - basically at this point its who gets the better offer.

Trying to stay positive and focused... and playing that Powerball tonight just in case haha

Moon_Glow
13-01-2016, 04:36 PM
Sorry, no answers for you OP. I find myself in a similar situation. Though, I have good and bad days.

Maybe start writing some short stories or a book in your spare time and see if that goes anywhere.

I'm not really tied down by anyone or anything though, so I often think of joining a monastery somewhere. Just the traffic, the rat race, the stupid corporate mantras that no one gives a **** about. It's just getting to me in a bad way.

Take care.

On the side at work I have a story going! Haha so funny that you would mention it... that's actually how I found this forum.. research for my story :)

Silver
13-01-2016, 04:41 PM
So many yesterdays, I've been 'unhappy' with where I am. The only thing I have going for me now, that I stumbled onto Buddhism about a year ago, is changing myself - attitude - level of gratitude - and learning how to stay in the here and now.

Baile
13-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Trying to stay positive and focused... and playing that Powerball tonight just in case hahaHa-ha. Yes, buying/owning an acreage even if you can't move there right away is a fantastic thing in that in gives you something very real and solid to work towards. As for staying positive and focused, in my somewhat similar experience I made the conscious effort to "incarnate" the future by switching up my lifestyle and environment. Clean out the closet, fix the garage door that never quite closed properly, and -- my thing, maybe not yours -- eliminate all negative outside-world noise like TV, radio, newspapers or online news site links, etc. Even playing classical music in the house instead of rock music makes a huge difference in one's mindset (it did with me).

Moon_Glow
13-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Ha-ha. Yes, buying/owning an acreage even if you can't move there right away is a fantastic thing in that in gives you something very real and solid to work towards. As for staying positive and focused, in my somewhat similar experience I made the conscious effort to "incarnate" the future by switching up my lifestyle and environment. Clean out the closet, fix the garage door that never quite closed properly, and -- my thing, maybe not yours -- eliminate all negative outside-world noise like TV, radio, newspapers or online news site links, etc. Even playing classical music in the house instead of rock music makes a huge difference in one's mindset (it did with me).

I agree -- we usually just play soothing classical/jazz from the local NPR station... no cable TV

Things are just so expensive where we live... we are thinking of relocating to a different area but are having a lot of trouble deciding and our employment situations don't allow much wiggle room...

Thanks for the good tips!

kundalinikid
13-01-2016, 05:09 PM
On the side at work I have a story going! Haha so funny that you would mention it... that's actually how I found this forum.. research for my story :)

Cool, really any of your hobbies it seems you could make money at if you are good enough. It just seems writing if you have an interesting perspective would be the easiest as a lot of people publish books or attract blog readers.

Wood carving: sounds super labor intensive
Drawing: Seems ultra competitive
Jewelry: Eh maybe that's even something. I saw some girls on Shark Tank got like 75k investment on a creative jewelry.

I had the idea to make natural soaps, moisturizers, lip balms, and dedorants (like organic oils etc and no additives). It was fun and the products worked ok, but it's ultra competitive. Just go on Etsy and look for some of that stuff. I decided to just keep it a hobby.

Moon_Glow
13-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Cool, really any of your hobbies it seems you could make money at if you are good enough. It just seems writing if you have an interesting perspective would be the easiest as a lot of people publish books or attract blog readers.

Wood carving: sounds super labor intensive
Drawing: Seems ultra competitive
Jewelry: Eh maybe that's even something. I saw some girls on Shark Tank got like 75k investment on a creative jewelry.

I had the idea to make natural soaps, moisturizers, lip balms, and dedorants (like organic oils etc and no additives). It was fun and the products worked ok, but it's ultra competitive. Just go on Etsy and look for some of that stuff. I decided to just keep it a hobby.

Yea I agree, I live in a college area with a super competitive artistic community, the competition is fierce! If you're good though its a place where you can really make it.