PDA

View Full Version : Perspective Of An Outsider

Timeless
09-01-2016, 04:25 AM
Here is my theory.

Peoples' ego build up as they grow older, or in some cases it is dissected and eventually becomes transparent.

Being self aware and truly examining the experience of the now and self, is something that is scary to most, or perhaps even unknown. People avoid ever looking at their true selves because they are forever identifying with struggle/depression. In other words, the majority of people nowadays (at least from what I've seen), aren't in touch with their truest essence.

Imagine a bird going it's whole life not knowing it could fly. This is unlikely, but just imagine. Well this is kind of like the situation a lot of humans are in. People go their whole lives not fulfilling their potential because they place importance on things that have no relevance. No significance as to why or what we are doing here in the first place.

Squatchit
09-01-2016, 09:52 AM
If I may be so bold, be a little wary of talking like this. As you say, it's your perspective and you are an outsider. You haven't the tiniest clue of what goes on in others' worlds/minds. Perhaps focus on your own self/journey and leave others to theirs.

:smile:

naturesflow
09-01-2016, 10:32 AM
Here is my theory.

Peoples' ego build up as they grow older, or in some cases it is dissected and eventually becomes transparent.

Being self aware and truly examining the experience of the now and self, is something that is scary to most, or perhaps even unknown. People avoid ever looking at their true selves because they are forever identifying with struggle/depression. In other words, the majority of people nowadays (at least from what I've seen), aren't in touch with their truest essence.

Imagine a bird going it's whole life not knowing it could fly. This is unlikely, but just imagine. Well this is kind of like the situation a lot of humans are in. People go their whole lives not fulfilling their potential because they place importance on things that have no relevance. No significance as to why or what we are doing here in the first place.

Sometimes its not avoidance as much as people choose the time when to examine. And for some it may not be till their last days on their death bed that they do go within and examine their life and let go.Look at the dying process for some. Often what arises is a huge letting go process even in the last days of someone's life, so what is occurring through my own experience of observing some in this way, is that they are going through a life review and process during this state even if it is not so vocal and being told, it can, I imagine be a silent inward journey, as one is closing off their life, it seems this way to me at least in some cases Where their is life their is potential of life right to the end and even in death itself if you ask anyone who has had a NDE. It often changes their whole world and perspective.

People will always choose focus with what they have and where they reside in themselves. Not everyone is called to become consciously aware of life in the way you or might. Some people are really doing it tough, struggling just to survive. Let alone be spiritually enlightened. The reality of the world and the reality of being more self aware, is an opportunity to be more conscious of all life as life is.

The unknown is scary for many. And some function holding in that fear and live a life around it. Its quite apparent to me even in some discussions with friends and family.

I think I understand where you looking and it definitely counts in the greater picture as one with many reasons and many ways people live their experiences, especially if you interact more intimately in shared connections with others and look at how some lives are being lived.

Lorelyen
09-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Here is my theory.

You wouldn't be able to negotiate your way through society/life without an ego. It's better thought of as a social process - always with you, the front of your ontic self.

Very few people I know are in touch with their "truest essence" that I would call real Self. It's quite a process, getting to true? Self as it needs the person to disconnect themselves from their environment enough to asses it for what it is and their relationship with it - which in turn needs them to deal with delusion and illusion, chuck out a few taboos and sacred cows. This is scary for many, sure. Once you're in touch with that real Self you're able to manipulate your way through that environment with little stress, less wasted energy and effort and, well, you're in control.

True. As I once heard a drunk on bus proclaiming - they'll die without ever having lived.

Mr Interesting
09-01-2016, 07:39 PM
There is this thing in Art these days which is outsider art and it's supposedly these people who didn't get an art education yet went on to create art which is kinda silly because they were never outside anything except when these actually outsiders to their 'inside' came along and decided that their inside was outside.

In a sense then this, as an example, is quite straightforward as it's reasonably simple to define art without getting too esoteric and saying it's simply everything though when we apply the almost same construct of gathering today a defined group and call it spirituality we could almost straight away say that these insiders define themselves as outsiders. That they are outside the regular parameters of definition within humanity and yet if we apply the same set of definitions which are that the outsider creates there own set of possibilities outside a group then they aren't in fact outsiders at all but are in fact the insiders.

In reality then the naming of this post could actually be Perspective of an insider.

I only have done this really to just thrown into the mix that what really is the outside of the spiritual world is being used perspectively to define the inside, as it were, as the insider is seeing themselves as an outsider... what?

Visitor
09-01-2016, 09:31 PM
Here is my theory.

This is just the beginning not the result... keep evolving. Those that become the light only see the light.

Mr Interesting
09-01-2016, 11:01 PM
This is just the beginning not the result... keep evolving. Those that become the light only see the light.

Do they? A friend said to me the other day that initially Einstein asked himself "What would I see if I was on a beam of light?"

Good question eh? Supposedly that is where relativity came from.

Visitor
09-01-2016, 11:43 PM
Do they? A friend said to me the other day that initially Einstein asked himself "What would I see if I was on a beam of light?"

Good question eh? Supposedly that is where relativity came from.
Interesting, but that is not becoming/being the light, let alone 'uncreated light' of God.

TheGlow
09-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Here is my theory.

I'm just going to agree.

Deepsoul
10-01-2016, 07:49 AM
I know the light your talking about Visitor it happens to me when I hang with Jesus and God ,its the holy spirit ,if I'm being positive and expansive it grows in me literally ,its the most beautiful supernatural feeling, sometimes its like electricity moving through me ,it can be like waves of light too, , I'm struggling right now though ,if you take the light to high to quick it burns out ,it seems so I'm realising again that I need to just slow down all processes and see the big picture rather than rushing around trying to save the world in one day...

Timeless a lot of people may not know I know I never and my process is incredibly challenging at times ,in fact I had to be dragged to it ,as I didn't even know it exsisted, now its a matter of further understanding myself and connecting with that essence as often as possible ,but I still make mistakes ,and so I'm sorta connecting with the essence of myself that isn't so perfect that's human ,and giving it the unconditional love it needs to transform

Visitor
10-01-2016, 09:29 AM
I know the light your talking about Visitor it happens to me when I hang with Jesus and God ,its the holy spirit ,if I'm being positive and expansive it grows in me literally ,its the most beautiful supernatural feeling, sometimes its like electricity moving through me ,it can be like waves of light too, , I'm struggling right now though ,if you take the light to high to quick it burns out ,it seems so I'm realising again that I need to just slow down all processes and see the big picture rather than rushing around trying to save the world in one day...

Timeless a lot of people may not know I know I never and my process is incredibly challenging at times ,in fact I had to be dragged to it ,as I didn't even know it exsisted, now its a matter of further understanding myself and connecting with that essence as often as possible ,but I still make mistakes ,and so I'm sorta connecting with the essence of myself that isn't so perfect that's human ,and giving it the unconditional love it needs to transform
Thanks Deepsoul for sharing your personal experience with the Light.
Mine happens rarely. Most of the time in prayer and meditation I instantly go you loving God with all my heart, mind, and soul. It is no effort, because I have heaps of gratitude and love for God.

The 'uncreated light' experience is not me seeing uncreated light, but it sure feels as if it is.
I become fearless, ten feet tall/or hovering above myself so to speak.
My body is foreign to me and often I look at it (my arm for example) and find it as a strange implement to see and experience.

For me, this has only come about whenever I 'know' I am okay with absolute doubtlessness.
Absolute faith of letting go of self. Any effort to do this become counterproductive. Letting go just means that - don't hang onto anything to feel okay, because my hanging on is a fear of not being okay.
In short, for me, 'trying/effort' does not work, 'faith/trust/acceptance' works for me.

Deepsoul
10-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Yes Visitor I'm hearing you on lots of levels there ,I know that tall feeling,its so cool ,and that was the affirmation I came up with the yesterday, I am fearless, and that's the other thing I'm just learning is that too much effort trying dosent work, yes I feel the force at work when I think something doubtless too ,like I didn't allow a negative thought on something ,and said that's just not true is it and backed it up with a positive statement and felt all my right side covered in the protection and support, the arm thing sounds cool ,when spirit was first establishing it would lift my whole leg off the bed, and it always moved my head around ,I know I just love God too its a real child part of me that is just in awe of everything.Love and light Deepsoul

Timeless
11-01-2016, 06:09 AM
If I may be so bold, be a little wary of talking like this. As you say, it's your perspective and you are an outsider. You haven't the tiniest clue of what goes on in others' worlds/minds. Perhaps focus on your own self/journey and leave others to theirs.

:smile:

I don't know. We're all kind of cultured the same way. Think the same way if we were in each others' shoes.

Timeless
11-01-2016, 06:10 AM
You wouldn't be able to negotiate your way through society/life without an ego. It's better thought of as a social process - always with you, the front of your ontic self.

Very few people I know are in touch with their "truest essence" that I would call real Self. It's quite a process, getting to true? Self as it needs the person to disconnect themselves from their environment enough to asses it for what it is and their relationship with it - which in turn needs them to deal with delusion and illusion, chuck out a few taboos and sacred cows. This is scary for many, sure. Once you're in touch with that real Self you're able to manipulate your way through that environment with little stress, less wasted energy and effort and, well, you're in control.

True. As I once heard a drunk on bus proclaiming - they'll die without ever having lived.

Yeah, but when you LIMIT yourself to the same old thinking...you are not free. It's as if the possibility of any sort of truth is something that can never be pertained.

LibbyScorp
11-01-2016, 08:42 AM
The struggle is real.

Greenslade
11-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Imagine a bird going it's whole life not knowing it could fly. This is unlikely, but just imagine. Well this is kind of like the situation a lot of humans are in. People go their whole lives not fulfilling their potential because they place importance on things that have no relevance. No significance as to why or what we are doing here in the first place.And there's no significance in being a bird that doesn't know it can fly?

Naked Guru
15-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Here is my theory.

Do not waste your life with theories, face your deepest fears and find out the truth.

Jatd
15-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Here is my theory.

Yes! We were just talking about this in my book study class. (Everything belongs by Richard Rohr)
Anyway we were talking about how most people live in the circumference of life, never turning inward and living in their center.
This isnt living to me, this sounds more like a rat race.. But most people just don't get it.