PDA

View Full Version : need some help...precognitive curse

Colorado
04-01-2016, 08:19 PM
Well, its something I dont share, but to strangers online & to a few family members. I dont know where else to post this question...so Im posting it here.

I have only told a few family members. My mom, my husband, sister & brother. (and many websites online) I have precognitive dreams and I am embarrassed that the wrong people now know. I shared this information with my sister, before she became an alcoholic as we were very close. She has shared this information with some of her exes behind my back in her drunken stupors. Now, she has made these people mad.

I should have been more careful.

I have had these dreams since I was a toddler. They come & go, but I get them often. Sometimes, its of people, other times they are clips of upcoming events & of people. These dreams have caused me a lot of stress. As you can imagine, I have also seen certain people's deaths.

I just wish I wouldnt have told her anything. Should we keep precognitive dreams to ourselves...do you share them to people who dont believe & is it wrong to share them?

Colorado
04-01-2016, 08:43 PM

Boson
05-01-2016, 05:17 AM
Hello Colorado,

I haven't had such bad experience from sharing my own precognitive dreams. But even so, I tried when I was a little kid to tell my parents about my premonitions in my dreams but they didn't believe me, and even when things happened that I told them about beforehand they just called it luck. I also told some of my friend in school but they just laughed at my dreams. After a while I stopped sharing my dreams about the future with everyone. About 50 years later, I have met many people in my life that I now share them with. So for me (and this would be my advice to you), it worked best to share with people who you know are open to matters like this. I think the bigger question here is really why a person has been given the gift of premonition. Is it for the benefit of only himself/herself? I don't think there is a clear answer to that.

Boson

Colorado
06-01-2016, 11:01 PM
Hello Colorado,

I haven't had such bad experience from sharing my own precognitive dreams. But even so, I tried when I was a little kid to tell my parents about my premonitions in my dreams but they didn't believe me, and even when things happened that I told them about beforehand they just called it luck. I also told some of my friend in school but they just laughed at my dreams. After a while I stopped sharing my dreams about the future with everyone. About 50 years later, I have met many people in my life that I now share them with. So for me (and this would be my advice to you), it worked best to share with people who you know are open to matters like this. I think the bigger question here is really why a person has been given the gift of premonition. Is it for the benefit of only himself/herself? I don't think there is a clear answer to that.

Boson

Thank you Boson, I dont know anyone who believes in them, the closest I have come is my brother & sister....both who seem open. The problem is that my sister chose to share it with the wrong people....people who would come back to use it to embarrass, shame & taunt her whole family over things she has told them.

I honestly have nobody to share them with....so I thought, maybe Im not suppose to? maybe im being punished for sharing it...thats what it feels like. My husband doesnt believe in it...& my mom doesnt care enough to let me finish telling her.

vikara
17-01-2016, 06:01 AM
Through my experiences I have found that it is not always wise to share this information. I grew up being told it was a sin to tell the future. I saw it as a curse because it wouldn't stop even if I ignored it. In high school I a friend revealed it to someone to explain a situation. The person later was angry with me and used it to make fun of me. Since then I have learned to only reveal it to certain people that I would trust with my life. I also started seeing it as a gift from god instead of a curse.

There are ways to use the gift to help others without revealing where your information comes from. I work in the mental health field and I find it to be helpful when dealing with patients. When they ask how I know things I simply tell them I am very observant.

I also use it guide my own life as god puts me in positions to help others with my gift. My sister knows that I have always had this gift but she is like yours and can't always control what she tells others. But I shrug it off as she is just rambling.

It is a hard gift to endure but god wouldn't have given it to you if he didn't have faith in you. One day you will be guided to the purpose you were given it and then things will be somewhat easier. And if some people don't believe you and think you are crazy then let them believe that. After awhile they'll start to leave you alone because of it and then only the good people you can trust will come around you.

By the way, I was guided to this post. I have no idea why I found it but I hope my words help some.

wolfgaze
17-01-2016, 06:23 AM
I just wish I wouldnt have told her anything. Should we keep precognitive dreams to ourselves...do you share them to people who dont believe & is it wrong to share them?

Hmm I'll let you know when I experience my first precognitive dream.... My dream life is terribly uninteresting and unrewarding...

ElectricQuest
17-01-2016, 07:58 AM
The best way I can answer is to share several premonitions and their outcome and let you decide:

(1) At age 19, I was a Winnipeg college student. About 5 years my senior, my friend Dallas was the leader of our church youth group of about 150. I had just been Best Man at his wedding and was now invited to the newlyweds post-Christmas dinner. After eating, we played table tennis in their basement. Dallas mentioned that he was going deer hunting in northern Manitoba the next day and I instantly felt a sense of dread. It seemed as if I saw his skeleton and was certain that he would be killed in an accident if he went on this trip. Horrified, I felt compelled to share my premonition with him. He was offended and blamed my so-called premonition on my anti-huntng views. I had no such views, though I've never gone hunting myself. What could I do? I had no evidence beyond my certainty. I guess I hoped God would confirm my premonition to Dallas.

A few days later, we had a New Year's Eve service at our church. What happened when I arrived at the church was straight out of a horror movie. 3 young girls in our youth group approached me, giggling, and said. You do know that Dallas was killed yesterday in a hunting accident. He was riding a snowmobile with his gun leaning beside him and hit a bump, which caused his rifle to discharge into his shoulder. He bled to death before his hunting buddies got him to a doctor. Thr girls giggled and one said to the other, "Wow, I guess we sure ruined his day!" It was as if Hell was taunting me for my friendship with Dallas. What was so funny about their youth leader's death? I charitably assumed that their was just a nervous laughter. I later obsessed over what this tragedy meant. Why was I given this premonition if it would be useless to prevent his death? And was his death predestined fate?

ElectricQuest
17-01-2016, 08:05 PM
(2) My next premonition after Dallas's accidental shooting happened just before Christmas at Princeton Seminary. I regularly dined with a great and very witty guy named Ted in our refectory. Ted already had 2 masters degrees and had just been accepted into the NT doctoral program at Cambridge U in England. I went to his dorm room to borrow his Cambridge catalogue, so I could apply to Cambridge as one of my potential grad schools. When Ted gave me the catalogue, I again seemed to see his skeleton in a premonition that his death was imminent. This time, though, I said nothing because I had no idea where the danger lay and, in any case, I had been unsuccessful in deterring Dallas from his hunting trip. When I returned to seminary after Christmas vacation, I learned that Ted and his friend Ken (?) were driving home for Christmas together, but their car spun out on ice and crashed into a pole. Ken broke his arm, but Ted was killed. When I reflected on why I was given this premonition, the only interpretation that made sense was that I was meant to pray that Ted would be spared. Unfortunately, I could not bring myself to accept that the premonition was accurate and instead just tried to put it out of my mind. But I would soon learn that my premonitions were always accurate.

Colorado
17-01-2016, 08:28 PM
(2) My next premonition after Dallas's accidental shooting happened just before Christmas at Princeton Seminary. I regularly dined with a great and very witty guy named Ted in our refectory. Ted already had 2 masters degrees and had just been accepted into the NT doctoral program at Cambridge U in England. I went to his dorm room to borrow his Cambridge catalogue, so I could apply to Cambridge as one of my potential grad schools. When Ted gave me the catalogue, I again seemed to see his skeleton in a premonition that his death was imminent. This time, though, I said nothing because I had no idea where the danger lay and, in any case, I had been unsuccessful in deterring Dallas from his hunting trip. When I returned to seminary after Christmas vacation, I learned that Ted and his friend Ken (?) were driving home for Christmas together, but their car spun out on ice and crashed into a pole. Ken broke his arm, but Ted was killed. When I reflected on why I was given this premonition, the only interpretation that made sense was that I was meant to pray that Ted would be spared. Unfortunately, I could not bring myself to accept that the premonition was accurate and instead just tried to put it out of my mind. But I would soon learn that my premonitions were always accurate.O wow, I totally understand. Premonitions are a hard pill to swallow...then you ask yourself, why me? Why am I the one getting these messages, in most cases...there is nothing I can do about it. I see deceased people sometimes, not very often...its only happened a few times, I was even contacted a few times....not always the most pleasant experiences. I also have some clairovoyance & telepathy..I honestly dont know how many psychic gifts I have...I know that is freaks me out & I shut down for a long time. Im literally like a radio tower...I pick up soooo much. There has been a really nice lady on this board who has helped me to accept this recently...and just like that...its starting up again. Its very bizarre, but at the same time...its me. Its apart of me. Im going to use your guy's experiences & Michelle's strong encouraging words to help me not freak out when this happens. Im going to try & have faith that in the end, it will all work out as it should...it must be preordained I assume. Thanks for sharing this with me. I appreciate it, I really do. God bless*

Colorado
17-01-2016, 08:33 PM
Hmm I'll let you know when I experience my first precognitive dream.... My dream life is terribly uninteresting and unrewarding...Im just the opposite of you, lol....I make efforts to be uninteresting & mundane. Its not what its cracked up to be....it just makes you feel crazy sometimes & in my experience, like an outsider, odd, different....people even treat you different subconsciously...its not information you can share unless you want to come back & be used to humiliate or taunt you. I havent seen the bright side of having this gift yet. Im hoping there is one...

Colorado
17-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Through my experiences I have found that it is not always wise to share this information. I grew up being told it was a sin to tell the future. I saw it as a curse because it wouldn't stop even if I ignored it. In high school I a friend revealed it to someone to explain a situation. The person later was angry with me and used it to make fun of me. Since then I have learned to only reveal it to certain people that I would trust with my life. I also started seeing it as a gift from god instead of a curse.

There are ways to use the gift to help others without revealing where your information comes from. I work in the mental health field and I find it to be helpful when dealing with patients. When they ask how I know things I simply tell them I am very observant.

I also use it guide my own life as god puts me in positions to help others with my gift. My sister knows that I have always had this gift but she is like yours and can't always control what she tells others. But I shrug it off as she is just rambling.

It is a hard gift to endure but god wouldn't have given it to you if he didn't have faith in you. One day you will be guided to the purpose you were given it and then things will be somewhat easier. And if some people don't believe you and think you are crazy then let them believe that. After awhile they'll start to leave you alone because of it and then only the good people you can trust will come around you.

By the way, I was guided to this post. I have no idea why I found it but I hope my words help some.I agree...there are a lot of time, I dont even realize I am doing it...I assume people are seeing what I am seeing, but its not really there...so they aren't (I also have clairovoyance, ect) Im going to start keeping it to myself....I mean I always have to a certain extent, it took a long time to share it with some of my family(Im talking a decade) & now I am regretting it. I guess all I can do is have faith that it will all work the way it was intended to. Thanks for your reply, I have been getting some help from some wonderful people on here who are helping me to accept this stuff...and not to be ashamed or embarrassed of it. Thanks again.

ElectricQuest
17-01-2016, 09:47 PM
(3) My next premonition at seminary came in the form of a nightmare in which my life was threatened and I pleaded with God for mercy. The next day, I drove to the Newark College of Engineering, where I was doing field work as a chaplain assistant. As I was driving home in the dark on a freeway, my motor suddenly died and my car slowed to a stop. I was fortunate to walk off the freeway through the heavy traffic and my car was totaled by another car shortly thereafter. I called 2 friends, Mike and Peter, from my dorm and they came and picked me up. Both of them said they too had experienced a nightmare the night before. At least in this case, the premonition seems intended to alert me to my personal danger and to induce me to pray for God's protection.

(4) A subsequent premonition involved a woman who read auras. I didn't believe in aura reading; so I dismissed her claim that I would soon overreact to a disastrous experience. At the time I was renting a nice garage apartment. I had just bought a Toyota in Colorado Springs (while visiting my brother) and had driven it back to western New York. I suddenly had a premonition of a threat to my new car. I asked my landlord if I could park it in his driveway, but he refused. The next day, I was watching late night TV, when I heard a loud crash. A drunken 19-year-old girl had crashed into my car parked on the street and totaled it. The aura reader was right: I did overreact, partly because of my anticipation that something like this was about to happen. I later asked myself if my premonition was intended to prepare me to embrace this mishap in the right spirit.

Mystic, Dec 30, 2015 Report

Colorado
17-01-2016, 11:28 PM
(3) My next premonition at seminary came in the form of a nightmare in which my life was threatened and I pleaded with God for mercy. The next day, I drove to the Newark College of Engineering, where I was doing field work as a chaplain assistant. As I was driving home in the dark on a freeway, my motor suddenly died and my car slowed to a stop. I was fortunate to walk off the freeway through the heavy traffic and my car was totaled by another car shortly thereafter. I called 2 friends, Mike and Peter, from my dorm and they came and picked me up. Both of them said they too had experienced a nightmare the night before. At least in this case, the premonition seems intended to alert me to my personal danger and to induce me to pray for God's protection.

(4) A subsequent premonition involved a woman who read auras. I didn't believe in aura reading; so I dismissed her claim that I would soon overreact to a disastrous experience. At the time I was renting a nice garage apartment. I had just bought a Toyota in Colorado Springs (while visiting my brother) and had driven it back to western New York. I suddenly had a premonition of a threat to my new car. I asked my landlord if I could park it in his driveway, but he refused. The next day, I was watching late night TV, when I heard a loud crash. A drunken 19-year-old girl had crashed into my car parked on the street and totaled it. The aura reader was right: I did overreact, partly because of my anticipation that something like this was about to happen. I later asked myself if my premonition was intended to prepare me to embrace this mishap in the right spirit.

Mystic, Dec 30, 2015 ReportAw... Do you have other psychic abilities...some that you might not even be aware of or is it mainly precognitive dreams? Sometimes I get anxious feelings & then something bad will happen...sometimes I get anxious for no reason, atleast not one that I know about. It is hard to figure out what to listen to & what not to listen to, isnt it....

ElectricQuest
18-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Some of my premonitons seem to morph into a capacity for paranormal reception of divine guidance.

(5) My next premonition was clearly the most edifying and I do consider it a manifestation of "the word of knowledge (1 Corinthians 12:8)." I had just finished my year of teaching and was looking forward to a much needed vacation. It was Friday and I was contemplating travel plans, when I was overwhelmed by a premonition of an imminent death that would affect my life. But who and how? The more I tried to put my sense of dread out of my mind the stronger the impression grew. By Sunday, I feared it might be a premonition of the death of a close family member. That Monday morning, I was about to bolt out of my door to have breakfast at a favorite restaurant, when an inner voice seemed to shout, "Sit down! You are about to hear about the death!" Stunned, I sat down by the phone and instantly it rang. It was the professor in charge of our summer graduate theology program. She told me that Cassian, a visiting Catholic professor had not shown up for his first class (Pauline Theology); so some students went to the on campus apartment where he was staying and got no answer to their knocking. University officials opened the apartment and found Cassian dead in bed. My colleague said she didn't want to cancel the class and that I was the only professor still around qualified to teach that course. I agreed and had an unusually fulfilling teaching experience with a group of very intellectually curious grad students. in this case, I feel that God was preparing me to sacrifice my vacation plans. despite my fatigue, to fulfill a teaching role I might otherwise have rejected.

Humanb
19-01-2016, 11:27 AM
I went on holiday on the isle of Skye in Scotland a good few years back with family, my mother woke up and came to get breakfast. Me and my father were already awake and she said she had a horrible dream of a motorcycle accident where somebody had died and she commented on how real it felt.

We had breakfast then left the log cabin, we were trying to get to the north of the island through the only road there was, on this road about 20 minutes from where we were staying we came across a lot of traffic and cars turning around. We wondered what was going on and we saw a lorry and police further up, we didn't think much of this and we turned around to return the way we came.

Anyway, later that day we had the radio on and we heard that a motorcycle driver had been hit by a lorry and sadly had lost his life. We were in shock, it was such a creepy thing to happen!

I have had similar experiences but none as creepy as that one.

naturesflow
19-01-2016, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Colorado]Well, its something I dont share, but to strangers online & to a few family members. I dont know where else to post this question...so Im posting it here.

I have only told a few family members. My mom, my husband, sister & brother. (and many websites online) I have precognitive dreams and I am embarrassed that the wrong people now know. I shared this information with my sister, before she became an alcoholic as we were very close. She has shared this information with some of her exes behind my back in her drunken stupors. Now, she has made these people mad.

Often our process leads us to the space to let go of feelings around how we choose to share and be in the world. This is a constant reflection and continuation of our experiences and how we wish to express and share changes with all this. Dealing with emotional reactions of those around you in the face of you as you are being you, teaches us too about how to let go of their reactions and be more solid in being true to ourselves. Sometimes when we let go of feelings about how all this feels we can open to moving towards the places where we are more appreciated and accepted in our sharing. That comes with deeper acceptance in self.

I should have been more careful.

Or you were just trusting in that moment to realize more after it all played out as it did. If you feel that you need to be more careful from this experience, you will in the future change the way you share these things.

I have had these dreams since I was a toddler. They come & go, but I get them often. Sometimes, its of people, other times they are clips of upcoming events & of people. These dreams have caused me a lot of stress. As you can imagine, I have also seen certain people's deaths.

In the nature of all visions and sensory connections we in them to open to our part of those experiences to learn who we are, how we wish to be in the world and how we share etc..Sometimes we don't have an off switch, but often the on switch is revealing more for us to open too and let go of in ourselves to get ok with somethings related.

I was once working in a child care centre caring for three to five year olds. I was going through a deeper spiritual awakening at the time and was wide open through this process. Everything was very heightened and strong in my connections in everyway. I was dealing alone more often than not. Mainly because it was my own unique experience that I had to face in myself in everyway first. During this experience I was seated one day beside a little four year old girl. She out of the blue described a vision she was having. It was very random and it was quite strange to me. She proceeded to tell me. "huge fireball, rolling, burning, buildings" Huge and rolling really fast. I had no idea what she meant, she quickly shared and ran off to play. Nothing more was shared. She when I asked for further understanding, had nothing to offer me. I was left with this often wondering what it meant.

Three years on, my house burned down. It was a huge fireball rolling and burning homes in its rolling path. I then recalled her sharing. I thought, wow she was having a precognitive vision related to my experience that was coming.

Today after all those years, I met this young girl once more, she is now eleven, she spent the day with me through some synchronised connections bringing us together. We spoke of my awareness to her way back then and what it all meant. She had no memory of this, but was intrigued at her ability from that age to do this and what it all meant.

Suddenly she opened up in that moment intuitively connecting to all these things that were rolling off her tongue. SHE TRUSTED in letting them flow. She laughed at herself thinking what on earth am I doing here? I supported her to show her that she was tuning into something unknown to her at this time as she did with me back at the age of four. It was her intuitive self. We spoke about trusting ones gut, trusting that voice of the unknown when it speaks and listens, we don't always have to attach and know, but just building that trust to listen was important. Later on during the movie we watched, I shared with her that I saw lots of the connections she was seeing and hearing in words in her earlier sharing. She didn't notice them, and she didn't need to notice, she was simply the messenger. Sometimes we are the message and messenger and there it ends for our part. What transpires from that space is a whole host of building a greater view and awareness not only for ourselves but all involved. Sometimes we cant see what it is we are sharing and giving the message about, but we trust and share,let go and let it be.

Yes children teach us many wonderful lessons about trusting to share. Trusting in life, trusting in process and trusting in the picture forming in ways we cant always know until we SEE. Trusting when we do see, trusting what we need for ourselves. Listening deepens through process.

For her she laughed at the delight in her ability to be in this way. If I was attached to my feelings of the fireball and loss then perhaps I might have thought her laughter and reaction was not very appropriate. But I am not attached to that space, I was more delighted the universe bought us back together to share once more open and connected, curious and in touch with our wonderful visionary gifts, delightful intuitive connections, joy in being in the unknown, delight in shared connections gathered over a long process.

She was a perfect reflection for me.

I hope that in giving back to her today to open once more to her natural self, will bring her much joy in realizing that although she was showing me my future trauma and a major ordeal in my world, that I was also showing her the joy of intuitive visions and how they can build a greater view if we allow them too and trust in process. Trust to be YOU.

We cannot avoid the process of others life and experiences that may follow on from what we share. Sometimes trusting to speak and share from our deeper intuitive self and vision, often its supporting everyone in that way connected. Not always seen, but when it is, you can see how important it serves more than just the message itself.

Mystery
20-01-2016, 12:25 PM
I have premonitions, not dreams (usually). I never talk about them. I did tell my parents once, years ago, and they were looking at me all starry eyed like I was a superhero or something. It was embarrassing and just made me feel weird, and I didn't like it.

Are premonitions a curse? Yes and no. I guess I consider it to be a job more than anything. My grandmother had premonitions, too, and when I was growing up, she always told me that when something pops into your head, it means you're supposed to pray about it. I've seen for myself that you can change the outcome of what you foresee, but I've screwed up so many times. When I don't want the visions to be real, then I often try to ignore them, rather than actually doing something about it. Plus, when you do your job and prevent a disaster from happening, then you always wonder if it ever would have happened at in the first place, and you start doubting yourself. It's kind of a vicious cycle for me.

Still, I do see them as a gift, too. It makes life a lot less scary to know what's coming. People often think I'm fearless, but it's only because I cheat. It's easy to be brave when you already know nothing bad is going to happen.

Over the years, I have learned to deal with them better, even though I still have the burden of so many regrets. They're just a part of me and who I am, and I accept that. I have other things in my life that I find much harder to cope with.

ElectricQuest
20-01-2016, 11:19 PM
6) As a new pastor here in 2007, I discovered that parishioners that we bussed to church from an assisted living place were bussed back home, too hate for their lunch. That Monday, I walked the 3/4 mile to my church, pondering who to call to rectify this problem. For no apparent reason, I found myself walking into a bookstore en route that didn't interest mr. Again, for some reason, I shared my problem with the owner. Amazingly, he replied: "My wife's in charge of that. I'll take care of it." I left the bookstore praising God for guiding my steps.

In this case, I felt no inner certainty that I'd find the answer to the lunch question in that bookstore. In fact, I really didn't know why I entered it and why I shared the problem with the owner. Yet I had a vague premonition about a positive outcome if I entered it. Of course, I would eventually have tracked down the responsible person through phone calls. But apparently God wanted to save me the inconvenience.

ElectricQuest
27-01-2016, 01:01 AM
(7) I dated Marilyn in Boston in the 1970s and early 80s. We were very close, but I was an overworked doctoral student at the time and felt too much pressure to start a marriage. I got a teaching position in western NY and Marilyn and I lost track of each other. I did discover that she got married and was happy for her.

Last week, I felt a strong impulse to google her. When I did, her married name popped into my head. I had forgotten it over the decades. Still, I was skeptical that my googling would succeed. Yet I found her with her picture on my first attempt. She looked as attractive as I remembered, though she now had frosted hair. She was a brunette when I knew her. As I read, I quickly realized I was reading a reposting of her obituary. She had just died after a long battle with ovarian cancer. Of course, I was horrified, but this is news I certainly needed to know. I believe my sense of urgency to google her was sparked by an unconscious premonition of her passing.