PDA

View Full Version : Exercises to open your third eye?

star-child
17-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Hello everyone :smile:

I feel my third eye is partially open (if that is possible) because when I concentrate, I can see my own aura, faces in the mirror which aren't mine, I have seen my higher self and swirling energy replacing my physical body. But I would like to open my third eye fully, would anyone be willing to share any exercises or meditations for opening the third eye?

Thanks,

Love & Light :hug3:

themaster
17-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Well, we in are class are working on opening/changing our chakra's to 5th dimensional? I believe

And we do that through breath.. my teacher says quote "infinite intelligence is in the breath"

So I imagine that you too can breathe energy into your chakra's.. just breathe and imagine directing a energy flow in there.. (we breathe love)

When I took my teachers first class.. he talked about a column of energy (calls it "the column") that runs through and aligns with all chakra's.. he said it was like 2 inches and then expands to 8 or so.. the column runs with energy from the earth and energy from the 144 crystalline grid.. and I'm sure that's too technical or may be to much information :D so I'll stop there.. :smile:

Also, tyberonn/metatron wrote this article on this area.. in "new mexico" a unique springs that brings together 4 unique waters of the world..

http://spiritlibrary.com/earth-keeper/earth-keeper-chronicles/santa-fe-vortex-of-the-golden-pax

Anyway, I've been there.. now the article by metatron/tyberron doesn't mention.. but the "lithium" spring there is closed.. and all you can do is drink the water.. what surprised me is last time I was there.. and I drank the water.. I felt my 6th chakra stimulated.. as I did so.. anyway if you can find a natural "lithium" pool somewhere.. I bet that also stimulates the 3rd eye :smile:

Evaah
17-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Have you tried simply meditating on your third eye? Or could that be a little too boring? :wink:

There's no rush. This chakra will open fully when you're ready. But to get the process moving, there are a few exercises you can enjoy:

+ Simply meditate on your third eye. There are a number of meditations on Youtube that deal with this. Direct white/golden light to this region. Visualize it opening either as an actual eye or even as a lotus flower.

+ Practice visualization. When you do this, though, make sure you're entirely "in the moment." (e.g. if you're imagining yourself in a field, apply all senses to put yourself there)

+ Breathe through the third eye. I tried this many months ago. Basically, notice the cool sensation of breathing through your nose and apply that same sensation to your forehead. It may help to imagine a tiny mouth or nose in the area of your third eye.

+ Decide on the spiritual/psychic ability you're best with, and then work on developing that ability. It's better to focus on one gift at a time as opposed to all at once.

In the beginning stages, you've got to practice, practice, practice. Use affirmations such as "My third eye is open."

You've probably heard most of this before. :smile:

athribiristan
18-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Be in the center of your head. After you have started your meditation and feel ready to proceed imagine a place in the center of your head. This is your sanctuary and it can take any form you wish. You may find other people there, especially parents, who like to hang out in your head. Each of these people hanging out in your sixth chakra will cloud your perceptions based on their energy and intentions.

You can choose to interact with them but to move forward you will eventually have to ask them to leave. This can take some time depending on how good you are at owning your space but ultimately they cannot remain against your will. If you stop paying attention they may creep back in until you can really establish a mental boundary. If you have trouble here you can set up some sort of guard or doorman to keep people from coming in. Its all about ideas, any image that creates a firm idea in your mind will help in keeping people out.

Here in the center of your head, your sixth chakra, you can do very effective work for opening the third eye. Here you are free from outside influence and other peoples' perceptions. The way other people around you perceive the world will affect your perceptions if you don't filter them out. One reason why meditating alone is good.

Ideas to keep in mind here could include the following:

Is this MY perception?

If this isn't my perception, whose is it?

What is the motivation behind this perception? (if is not a true perception, there will be a motive)

What is being hidden from me?

Some affirmations that will help are:

I see clearly

That which is hidden will be revealed to me

That which seeks to cloud my perception is plain to me.

During meditation you should alway first ground and be in the center of your head. Once this becomes routine for you, allow your thoughts to center around things or ideas that hinder your perception. An idea, if held firmly enough, can act like a filter or a lens through which your perceptions first pass before you really become aware of them. If you are attached to the idea that your are dumb, every situation will relfect and be affected by that idea. This creates a false image of every experience, and is self-reinforcing because every instance re-affirms the idea.

The most common blocks that people deal with stem from childhood and involve being told that they were wrong when they perceived something on an energy level. These blocks are difficult to deal with. Around the age of 5 or 6, our brains undergo a drastic shift. The way we process information changes completely and a lot of these early experiences can be hard to access later in life. This leads to a bit more work than maybe is strictly necessary but if you keep at it success is inevitable.

With Love,
athribiristan

Topaz
19-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Found this fab page for you xx hope it helps x http://www.rachelkeene.co.uk/pd2openingup.html

Solace733
19-01-2011, 04:44 PM
This thread caught my "eye" :wink: as i had a dream recently where a voice told me your third eye is opening.. the same voice also told me Kim, wake up it is almost 9(i had an appointment) and when i awoke it was almost 9.. so the voice seems to be helpful!:tongue:

star-child
22-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Thank you so much everyone for the exercises, I have been working through them steadily.
This thread caught my "eye" as i had a dream recently where a voice told me your third eye is opening.. the same voice also told me Kim, wake up it is almost 9(i had an appointment) and when i awoke it was almost 9.. so the voice seems to be helpful!

What a great spirit you have around you!

star-child

sunny shine
23-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Interesting post and replies. I heard its good to open third eye when you are able to raise your vibration to higher levels so you have good experience. otherwise you end up attracting energies that might be lower.

star-child
23-01-2011, 03:11 PM
ah thanks for sharing sunny shine, thats probably what I need to do. Perhaps I'm not quite ready yet.

Yeiacatl
23-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Wow, great thread! . Everyone helped. My 3rd eye is completely closed, I am working to open it. So this thread was really help full! Thank you!
Something that I really love doing that I hear helps open the 3rd eye is chanting Aum.
There is a really good Aum meditation on youtube. Just type in "Aum" in the search bar and it will be the first video with 2 yin-yang inside a yin-yang, and the best Aum chant (in my opinion). I like to listen to it with headphones and chant along. When I am at the right tone it is very ecstatic and wonderful. Hope this helps a little.

Much love.

sunny shine
24-01-2011, 06:20 AM
ah thanks for sharing sunny shine, thats probably what I need to do. Perhaps I'm not quite ready yet.

I happen to come across this article on raising vibration

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=123149#post123149