PDA

View Full Version : Caught up in your story.

naturesflow
28-12-2015, 08:44 PM
What story do you tell yourself?

Is it worthy of you and your life right now?

Does it hold you ransom, keep you tied down in some way to not living a life more as you would like?

The story we tell ourselves defines our life in so many ways.

It is both teaching us about ourselves and teaching us about life.

It can be both valid and invalid.

A point of knowing when the story no longer needs to be a part of you is part of change and opening deeper to you and your life.

Endings come in many ways.

Stories end too.

New stories begin.

Visitor
28-12-2015, 09:41 PM
Hello naturesflow.

Interesting story. Just kidding.

Yes we are mindful people that use stories to make sense of things around us. Unfortunately most things around us are not true to itself. Most human stuff is fabricated, which makes our stories not true to itself either.

A rock fabricated into a brick is no longer true to itself. A person fabricated by its untrue environment become untrue to itself too. Our stories also become subject to pure fabrication without knowing it.

A revealed truth becomes so obvious it requires no story.
How long or short is our story.
How true is our story.

A short story would be: I am.

naturesflow
28-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Hello naturesflow.

Interesting story. Just kidding.

Yes we are mindful people that use stories to make sense of things around us. Unfortunately most things around us are not true to itself. Most human stuff is fabricated, which makes our stories not true to itself either.

A rock fabricated into a brick is no longer true to itself. A person fabricated by its untrue environment become untrue to itself too. Our stories also become subject to pure fabrication without knowing it.

A revealed truth becomes so obvious it requires no story.
How long or short is our story.
How true is our story.

A short story would be: I am.

Or I could add to your short story this.

I am an aussie too.:wink:

I like your view.

Deepsoul
29-12-2015, 03:05 AM
I love Australia Yaaa and what brilliant posts ,I had to get to know my story quite intimately soes I could release the blame on everyone ,including myself.. I'm so ready for my New story Lol, and as I move into it I take all the stuff that I learnt about my old story and understand how not to let that impact my New story of I Am ,I am a servant of love and truth and Goodness ,I am loving and caring towards myself and others, I am capable of a Beautiful wonderful productive meaningful and prosperous life, I AM...one with the Spirit of Love and Creation.

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 12:02 PM
I love Australia Yaaa and what brilliant posts ,I had to get to know my story quite intimately soes I could release the blame on everyone ,including myself.. I'm so ready for my New story Lol, and as I move into it I take all the stuff that I learnt about my old story and understand how not to let that impact my New story of I Am ,I am a servant of love and truth and Goodness ,I am loving and caring towards myself and others, I am capable of a Beautiful wonderful productive meaningful and prosperous life, I AM...one with the Spirit of Love and Creation.

Sounds like a grand plan and great new story Deepsoul.

Must be something in the Australian waters that is doing all this..:wink:

Shivani Devi
29-12-2015, 02:16 PM
I am also an Aussie. This is cool.

'My story', I'll usually only tell others to justify my beliefs to them, so I guess other people also tell their story internally for positive reinforcement in cases of uncertainty, or where their faith may waver, like an affirmation.

We become caught in the trap of having our conscious awareness both limited and defined by this, then getting stuck on a mental plane. Self-accolade, although deserving can only go so far and last for so long before it becomes counter productive to spiritual progress.

We each have our 'story' as an individual human being, and although it means absolutely nothing on anything more than a subjective level, our social nature dictates we associate with 'like-minded individuals' who have possibly had or shared something similar.

It's a failing of being a person, to have the concept of a 'habitual self', doing their duty on 'autopilot', but unless one is also willing to go beyond that, their life will be stuck in a holding pattern - much like mine is now.

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 04:31 PM
I am also an Aussie. This is cool.

'My story', I'll usually only tell others to justify my beliefs to them, so I guess other people also tell their story internally for positive reinforcement in cases of uncertainty, or where their faith may waver, like an affirmation.
Self-accolade, although deserving can only go so far and last for so long before it becomes counter productive to spiritual progress.

We become caught in the trap of having our conscious awareness both limited and defined by this, then getting stuck on a mental plane.
We each have our 'story' as an individual human being, and although it means absolutely nothing on anything more than a subjective level, our social nature dictates we associate with 'like-minded individuals' who have possibly had or shared something similar.

It's a failing of being a person, to have the concept of a 'habitual self', doing their duty on 'autopilot', but unless one is also willing to go beyond that, their life will be stuck in a holding pattern - much like mine is now.

I wasn't anticipating this was going to be an all out aussie speaking thread lol, but anyway, it might stay this way or not..:wink:

I like what your have shared. The bit where I highlighted I relate too this. For my own process, I saw myself naturally evolve to a depth where the story asked me to let go of it. It was like another aspect of the whole in me and it naturally opened to be released as part of my own process. This was challenging because it meant I had to let go of beliefs around all aspects of that story that were all so very real in me, but were shifting me to no longer hold on as real. So in some ways it was opening me to know something and then live as not knowing anything, even as it was all so real on every level of the experiences I was immersed in.

And your right, human nature draws us closer to those with shared experiences, stories, feelings and so on. So in the process of letting go of all everything in your world will change in this way. So often people come into the picture of the story as one. This can also be challenging for people, because identifying with each piece means total transformation.

The duty aspect comes into this as well. If your opening up everything related to the whole in yourself, attachment in every way will often direct you to let go and open it all. Nothing left out and everything inclusive, for your own unified state of being.

Tanemon
29-12-2015, 04:44 PM
What story do you tell yourself?

Is it worthy of you and your life right now?

Does it hold you ransom, keep you tied down in some way to not living a life more as you would like?

The story we tell ourselves defines our life in so many ways.

It is both teaching us about ourselves and teaching us about life.

It can be both valid and invalid.

A point of knowing when the story no longer needs to be a part of you is part of change and opening deeper to you and your life.

Endings come in many ways.

Stories end too.

New stories begin.
Gee... You've attracted a Canadian.

naturesflow, your words in the OP are intriguing and have a ring of truth. But the way you've presented your thoughts is pretty abstract.

Maybe I haven't read enough of your posts here on SF (I have read some, though). Could you illustrate the "old story, ending, new story" process by referring to your own experience? your own life? I think it would flesh things out, make them less abstract. :smile:

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Gee... You've attracted a Canadian.

naturesflow, your words in the OP are intriguing and have a ring of truth. But the way you've presented your thoughts is pretty abstract.

Maybe I haven't read enough of your posts here on SF (I have read some, though). Could you illustrate the "old story, ending, new story" process by referring to your own experience? your own life? I think it would flesh things out, make them less abstract. :smile:

Or have you attracted an aussie? Sometimes the way we see things can be part of the old story too. :wink:

Perhaps this might help you out some.

The story relates to conditioning/beliefs that were created in me by the world around me as it was from beginning/birth to a point where I recognised and shifted out from that place in myself consciously.

Letting the old story go was in fact when all other aspects connected in me to that story were released. So emptying out or letting go moved me naturally to a point where the story no longer held itself, because everything else around the story, had been released in myself. When one aspect of my world changes, the process for me in being open to continually let go, brings me to a point where it all goes. It was a natural progression of living more unattached, and open in myself.

The new story might be described as the shift from that point to a new space, where it all became clear feeling, clear canvas, clear view in myself. Open and creating more authentically as myself without all of the above attached in me. Living more consciously aware of myself more complete as an open clear vessel.

Of course now living more in this way, is living more present in the moment of now. So even as I create new things in my life and world, the new story wont be attached like the old one, simply because my awareness doesn't allow it to be so. :)

Mr Interesting
29-12-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm guessing because I do the art thing this idea of having a story we play to, or plays us, has been with me a long time. It's like serving this creativity became something where the new stuff laden with ideas, composed of lots of concepts sitting together and asking questions, would go out into the world and set up whole new settings of possible reflections that would lead into whole new ways of putting things together.

This then highlighted two sets of understandings with the first being it was a kind of myth making process almost alike the hero doing deeds beyond normal circumstance, being above it almost, but at the same time the maker, the provider of myth, couldn't be the myth; that the actioner was just along for the ride, subservient to it, and was watching.

So the storyteller couldn't be the story but at the same time the story kinda needed to be of the storyteller.

But then once the telling of stories became efficient enough it was, or seemed to be, that this process of being able to tell stories became somehow more important than the stories themselves because in a sense all the finished stories did was kind of support all these others in their own stories without enough indication that the stories they were enmeshed in that they too could see their stories as simply stories.

It's kind of like a starter culture, those various kinds of super duper enzyme action stuff which we throw into some other medium and then over time this good and healthy stuff gets produced and what you wanna do is pass around the starter culture, 'cause that's where it's at, that's the stuff that if people have it then they can do for themselves, but then those others have gotten so used to the produce, the finished product, that they aren't really interested in what might be a new efficiency but just want the product to keep appearing on the shelves.

Deepsoul
29-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Great explanation Natures, I think as humans we seek permenance or a feeling of that as it creates a sense of security which is why we identify with story so much, as

well as justification ,I know a lot of my past as quite unpleasant but as Ive healed a lot from that now I can say well Hey get over it , life is tough sometimes especially

with little knowledge or awareness , I guess the wonderful part of ones story is not something that we really wish to release , as in THe movie Ïts a Wonderful LIfe}

with Jimmy Stewart ,was obsessed with watching this every Christmas ,but didn't feel the need to this year so that's saying something lol, back on track Deepsoul ,What

I was saying was the LOve that is built into the story needs also to be taken into account ,I'm still in a relationship of 20yrs that at times was extremely challenging but

we have made it this far and I have older children,children now and of course a childhood of my own and in those stories there are many many moments of Love and

Joy and a building of connection between me and these people and so, I guess hidden in our stories are the many treasures of love if we are just willing to put the

focus there rather than on the negative ,Like in the movie where Jimmy comes to realize if hed never been born how life may have looked and how important his role

was in the creation of a wonderful life, I like to also learn from my old story too but as you said being in and enjoying the moment is the best way to live life ,more

informed from our failings{unconscious choices and behaviour or reaction to others or just plain lack of understanding) of the past (which at times lets face it can also

be yesterday or an hour ago)so we can do this with greater awareness , and hopefully with Grace and LOVE.

Deepsoul
29-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Ps without going into addresses I'm on the Northside of Brisbane , lots of wind at this time but thankful for cool summer temps ,just love my Australia I went around in (1991} just loved it ,its all so different and beautiful , boy some stories there, ha ha ,Cant wait to go again sometime....

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Great explanation Natures, I think as humans we seek permenance or a feeling of that as it creates a sense of security which is why we identify with story so much, as

well as justification ,I know a lot of my past as quite unpleasant but as Ive healed a lot from that now I can say well Hey get over it , life is tough sometimes especially

with little knowledge or awareness , I guess the wonderful part of ones story is not something that we really wish to release , as in THe movie Ïts a Wonderful LIfe}

with Jimmy Stewart ,was obsessed with watching this every Christmas ,but didn't feel the need to this year so that's saying something lol, back on track Deepsoul ,What

I was saying was the LOve that is built into the story needs also to be taken into account ,I'm still in a relationship of 20yrs that at times was extremely challenging but

we have made it this far and I have older children,children now and of course a childhood of my own and in those stories there are many many moments of Love and

Joy and a building of connection between me and these people and so, I guess hidden in our stories are the many treasures of love if we are just willing to put the

focus there rather than on the negative ,Like in the movie where Jimmy comes to realize if hed never been born how life may have looked and how important his role

was in the creation of a wonderful life, I like to also learn from my old story too but as you said being in and enjoying the moment is the best way to live life ,more

informed from our failings{unconscious choices and behaviour or reaction to others or just plain lack of understanding) of the past (which at times lets face it can also

be yesterday or an hour ago)so we can do this with greater awareness , and hopefully with Grace and LOVE.

Beautifully written.

We are a product of our whole story and past to this moment of now. So what we choose to be in this moment considers much of that past and story that we have evolved and grown through. We choose our focus. It can relate to being present in this moment of all occurring inclusive of an old story, of course but the old story no creating itself, more the old story has been released to allow the new story to create itself, more open and free than before.

I liken the shift in myself as to stepping through the ring of fire, myself walking through my own inner fire in me, but also the fire of the greater world as one big fire ring. So as I walked through this fire, everything had to go, was burned up, all my physical/emotional/spiritual attachments in myself related to the past. A total purification of self.

What was left became just myself alone. Empty but complete.

Which then recreates the story over, anew.

Living in this way unattached now, tells me that the story now is ever changing, opening, growing and shifting me. It is just a story, the greater importance of being is leading me and co creating me to connect to a deeper level of relating to the world.

And I see the importance of this in everyway. Not one way.

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Ps without going into addresses I'm on the Northside of Brisbane , lots of wind at this time but thankful for cool summer temps ,just love my Australia I went around in (1991} just loved it ,its all so different and beautiful , boy some stories there, ha ha ,Cant wait to go again sometime....

Oh that sounds lovely! I haven't fulfilled the dream of travelling Australia complete as yet but it calls me. The closer I come to home in myself, the closer to home I want to be and it tends to take me... :wink:
I would love to see more of OZ.

I lived in Townsville for two years but reside at home base in central Victoria.

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing because I do the art thing this idea of having a story we play to, or plays us, has been with me a long time. It's like serving this creativity became something where the new stuff laden with ideas, composed of lots of concepts sitting together and asking questions, would go out into the world and set up whole new settings of possible reflections that would lead into whole new ways of putting things together.

This then highlighted two sets of understandings with the first being it was a kind of myth making process almost alike the hero doing deeds beyond normal circumstance, being above it almost, but at the same time the maker, the provider of myth, couldn't be the myth; that the actioner was just along for the ride, subservient to it, and was watching.

So the storyteller couldn't be the story but at the same time the story kinda needed to be of the storyteller.

But then once the telling of stories became efficient enough it was, or seemed to be, that this process of being able to tell stories became somehow more important than the stories themselves because in a sense all the finished stories did was kind of support all these others in their own stories without enough indication that the stories they were enmeshed in that they too could see their stories as simply stories.

It's kind of like a starter culture, those various kinds of super duper enzyme action stuff which we throw into some other medium and then over time this good and healthy stuff gets produced and what you wanna do is pass around the starter culture, 'cause that's where it's at, that's the stuff that if people have it then they can do for themselves, but then those others have gotten so used to the produce, the finished product, that they aren't really interested in what might be a new efficiency but just want the product to keep appearing on the shelves.

Yes to all you have shared, but most importantly that last highlighted line.

Deepsoul
29-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Perfect natures , it really is about acceptance of it all ,and increasing in loving and accepting it all ,even the bad times as there is so many lessons there as well as the fact that they are great challenges to strive to rise above in the way of living worthy of higher purpose but also transforming the need to make them wrong or right ,they just are and that is ok at times ,allowing and loving helps the heart to let go and then compassion naturally blossoms comforting and nurturing the soul to a state of self love so it can we can be born yet again to a fresh moment..

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Just going back to my op. This applies to being stuck in other people's stories as well. Being entangled in a source that fits us, and leaning on that person or story as part of our story. When in fact when we release ourselves fully from all those stories of others entangled in us, the story of us becomes unknown in every moment. We live and move, create and be true to self alone, (but never alone of course, unless we choose to be that way) In this way, breaking free from our own and others stories, we no longer emit the energy of entanglements where we blame the external story for our life as it is. Blame life and circumstance for what we are participating in. Of course the more of us that open that gateway the more we can support those who are locked in and need those who are more clear and open to help them feel their own state of being in this way.

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 10:31 PM
Perfect natures , it really is about acceptance of it all ,and increasing in loving and accepting it all ,even the bad times as there is so many lessons there as well as the fact that they are great challenges to strive to rise above in the way of living worthy of higher purpose but also transforming the need to make them wrong or right ,they just are and that is ok at times ,allowing and loving helps the heart to let go and then compassion naturally blossoms comforting and nurturing the soul to a state of self love so it can we can be born yet again to a fresh moment..

Yes it is about total acceptance. It can't be done any other way. When life is viewed for itself as it is then nothing is judged as being right or wrong. The potential of that letting go for not only self but others, gives permission for people to be where they are as they are. Even as hard as that may feel and be, in some circumstances of life and behaviours, sometimes it is the beginning of acceptance of all thing in the world in us in this way to bring change. Everything seeks acknowledgment, even the story, yet once acknowledged something beautiful transforms in its own natural way. It gives the acknowledged space room to move and shift itself.
Thankyou your words hit the spot in me to open deeper to this in my sharing.

Deepsoul
29-12-2015, 11:03 PM
Yes this thread is showing me how important it is fot me to love myself ever so unconditionally ,had a mega flash back and felt it as crushing body stuff ,but I see that girl and I was a girl ,very scared ,very sad and confused and she was doing all she knew and I love her ,I'm hugging her right now,giving her the love that she needed back then ,telling her that youre not ugly ,your not hopeless and that you are loved so much just as you are ,you are so much more than any physical expression , and today as I remember you and all your pain, I stand as a new woman ,one of fortitude and wisdom ,ever evolving and growing into the whole and loving soul I am meant to be..

naturesflow
29-12-2015, 11:10 PM
Yes this thread is showing me how important it is fot me to love myself ever so unconditionally ,had a mega flash back and felt it as crushing body stuff ,but I see that girl and I was a girl ,very scared ,very sad and confused and she was doing all she knew and I love her ,I'm hugging her right now,giving her the love that she needed back then ,telling her that youre not ugly ,your not hopeless and that you are loved so much just as you are ,you are so much more than any physical expression , and today as I remember you and all your pain, I stand as a new woman ,one of fortitude and wisdom ,ever evolving and growing into the whole and loving soul I am meant to be..

Loving all of you is everything you feel that is not in alignment with your true core essence. I am glad its helping you to see and let go into new space, when we allow ourselves to enter into any space that seeks to be free in us and align and be more connected in being more authentic, its a beautiful thing..x

Deepsoul
29-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Yes knowing my worthiness is just because I AM , no attachments needed, much Love to You To Natures....xo

Mr Interesting
30-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Just going back to my op. This applies to being stuck in other people's stories as well. Being entangled in a source that fits us, and leaning on that person or story as part of our story. When in fact when we release ourselves fully from all those stories of others entangled in us, the story of us becomes unknown in every moment. We live and move, create and be true to self alone, (but never alone of course, unless we choose to be that way) In this way, breaking free from our own and others stories, we no longer emit the energy of entanglements where we blame the external story for our life as it is. Blame life and circumstance for what we are participating in. Of course the more of us that open that gateway the more we can support those who are locked in and need those who are more clear and open to help them feel their own state of being in this way.
I found quite an interesting article this morning by a Nun from the 16th century who wrote a book about encouraging meditation and I kinda wish more Christians would take heed. (https://karenthurecht.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/the-meditative-traditions-of-the-eastern-religions-are-also-reflected-in-the-traditions-of-christianity-particularly-among-the-medieval-mystics/)

It seems though a common enough problem that people require that the story yet to be fulfils the obligations inherent in the story already written without kinda realising the story itself is a side issue or not even an issue except possibly as a motivation to look within it to bring deeper and more subtle drivers to the fore.

I decided a few days back to get out a small book I hardly ever look at out, the impersonal life, and opened it up at wherever and the passage was about the need to fully live the story, let it get to the point of emptiness where it ends up completely unable to fulfil a deeper need revealed by giving the story it's best shot. Maybe that's the law of diminishing returns and while we don't all have to become Bill gates to get to the point where monies only useful for one thing I think the process of story can't just be dropped and something more refined grabbed as an answer because that's really a quite similar motivation for having the story in the first place.

I think the tortoise approach is the best, slow and steady as she goes, that the story itself churns up the mud and must be allowed to clear and even whilst we might be towards the end of story telling that it must end with what makes stories so good, that the finale is almost the most revealing and only the best and most vital climax has such a profound suspension of belief and creates the wherewithal to have properly digested the diving into the unknown.

Deepsoul
30-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Great post Interesting Mr.....Thankyou..The final bow is already occurring in me and continues as needed ,,Amen

Raise the curtain I say as the true Goddess is ready to shine.

Praise be to Jesus Christ ,God and The Holy Spirit Amen

naturesflow
30-12-2015, 11:25 PM
Mr Interesting]I found quite an interesting article this morning by a Nun from the 16th century who wrote a book about encouraging meditation and I kinda wish more Christians would take heed. (https://karenthurecht.wordpress.com/2015/12/29/the-meditative-traditions-of-the-eastern-religions-are-also-reflected-in-the-traditions-of-christianity-particularly-among-the-medieval-mystics/)

Would be nice, but sadly the world is unique to itself in everyway it is unique..

It seems though a common enough problem that people require that the story yet to be fulfils the obligations inherent in the story already written without kinda realising the story itself is a side issue or not even an issue except possibly as a motivation to look within it to bring deeper and more subtle drivers to the fore.

Yes it is part of the driving force for many on the surface functioning. It is because for some it is the way they choose to drive their world. Yet you and I both know what one can be driven by, especially what drives us at the forefront of our life. The story along with everything else keeps them alive, that way of being alive. Some of us choose to be alive in different ways, but ultimately everyone is contributing where they are at in themselves and creating a totality of life for us all in this way together. I think while we are driven by the physical and emotional reality, the underlying spiritual essence for many cannot be seen fully. Its there and moves with them of course, but ultimately its about listening deeper and many struggle just listening to get through their normal day and survive. I think that is why its important to always remember the whole in you as you are building deeper drivers. Because we are all in this together..(I think I said that somewhere else..haha) And so what I am and what I know, is irrelevant to the whole on its own. What others are and what they do, is very relevant to the whole in me. Because really they are me and my world in me. How can anything be left out of the greater picture?

I decided a few days back to get out a small book I hardly ever look at out, the impersonal life, and opened it up at wherever and the passage was about the need to fully live the story, let it get to the point of emptiness where it ends up completely unable to fulfil a deeper need revealed by giving the story it's best shot. Maybe that's the law of diminishing returns and while we don't all have to become Bill gates to get to the point where monies only useful for one thing I think the process of story can't just be dropped and something more refined grabbed as an answer because that's really a quite similar motivation for having the story in the first place.

Yes it is about refinement, seeing and opening to what is important in the grander scheme of things. Refining and letting go of defining. The state of emptiness becomes almost a necessity, because as we know, it is easy to remain full of it, (no pun intended lol ) the way it is set up now days. We cant avoid life in everyway, its in our faces continually, even as we might step away. Others we engage with are still carrying the world in them, so unless one chooses to go completely alone, it has to be a conscious choice and lifestyle imo... nature has no goal, no reason, no need, in just being. Being itself allows for itself to move and be itself as life calls it to be.

I think the tortoise approach is the best, slow and steady as she goes, that the story itself churns up the mud and must be allowed to clear and even whilst we might be towards the end of story telling that it must end with what makes stories so good, that the finale is almost the most revealing and only the best and most vital climax has such a profound suspension of belief and creates the wherewithal to have properly digested the diving into the unknown.

I think once we let go of the old story, new stories emerge in new ways that hit home more so, (home being the true self) ..The unknown doesn't know, but it knows the unknown in feeling, it knows the feeling entering and being with it in peace, and yes like the tortoise, patiently waits for itself to open and be where it is needed to be, small steps, each step noticed, because how can you not notice everything when you slow down? The driver being the movement itself. So waking up and meeting the world is all we have to do. Wake and move ourselves, listen and be close to it all.

naturesflow
31-12-2015, 10:43 PM
While the storyline may be compelling, seductive, and even relatively ‘accurate’ in its unfolding, look carefully and see if you are being asked to participate in the miracle in a new, much wilder way. Shift from thinking ‘about’ your experience to actually ‘having’ it – as an act of intimate, embodied compassion.

As you return your awareness – over and over and over again – into the crucible of somatic aliveness, you lay down a new groove in your tender nervous system, slowly replacing the archaic organization of fight/ flight/ freeze within you.

This rewiring is none other than the translucent activity of love, surging as it lights up this world with its qualities.

You will never be satisfied with a partial, second-hand, disembodied experience - for yours is the path of direct revelation.-Matt Licarta

Lorelyen
01-01-2016, 08:11 AM
It's a complex story and it's about where I think I am.

In the romance stakes it wouldn't quite make Mills & Boon. I haven't yet met a lantern-jawed prince charming and I'm not going across the water to meet a tall, dark stranger (especially with so many said people now with thick bushy black beards and carrying holy books), no matter what the tea-leaves tell me.

An interesting idea that we tell ourselves stories. "Story" so often and wrongly implies fiction. It's as awkward, given even the best of us have little hidden delusions, and our imaging capacity leads us astray at times, to consider it non-fiction also.

Once I wanted to be a great sorceress but I suppose, looking back, I won't be much more than a jobbing sorceress now. I don't have a conical hat or a magic wand with a star that lights up on its end.

naturesflow
01-01-2016, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=Lorelyen]It's a complex story and it's about where I think I am.

In the romance stakes it wouldn't quite make Mills & Boon. I haven't yet met a lantern-jawed prince charming and I'm not going across the water to meet a tall, dark stranger (especially with so many said people now with thick bushy black beards and carrying holy books), no matter what the tea-leaves tell me.

But are you letting the worlds story create and interfere in yours? Tea leaves or no tea leaves. You know sometimes the greater story can create interference in our own freedom to step beyond its limiting stories. I know some stories are real and justified, but then I always believe we have our own unique story that doesn't need to become entangled with the world and its story...SO in some ways the world makes our story complex..when it doesn't need to be that way, me thinks.

An interesting idea that we tell ourselves stories. "Story" so often and wrongly implies fiction. It's as awkward, given even the best of us have little hidden delusions, and our imaging capacity leads us astray at times, to consider it non-fiction also.

Once I wanted to be a great sorceress but I suppose, looking back, I won't be much more than a jobbing sorceress now. I don't have a conical hat or a magic wand with a star that lights up on its end.

Yes been there done that. It was kind of like this continued spiral down down down the rabbit hole head first, until I had some sense knocked into me for me to find the magic beyond my own fantasy. It was kind of a bitter sweet ending in some ways. I didn't really like it. YOU know your whole world suddenly gets really dark and you cant find your way out, your head hurts and you are walking around in a daze confused. You do eventually of course, to get clearer about reality and your mind settles. Gosh most of my childhood was imagining anything to escape what was. It worked for a time of course, but eventually it all had to leave me.

I do believe those who start out believing and imagining and have to get real, eventually find the magic in other ways. Gosh who can live without fantasy..Impossible!:wink: