PDA

View Full Version : Are there karmic repercussions to not having children?

Fleur de Frost
23-12-2015, 03:01 PM
I'm sure an understanding of how souls choose their physical vessel would help - but if you choose not to provide that physical vessel (especially females), what happens? Are you hindering the development of humanity by taking away one less form for a soul to take?

Blue Tiger
23-12-2015, 03:36 PM
Not all people choose to have children. Some are unable to have them. Having a family, while often considered the norm, is not an obligation on a karmic or personal level.

But I do see where your concern comes from; you wonder if making this very personal decision will somehow deny a soul their "rightful" place in the 3D world. You worry that you will upset some mysterious plan and disrupt the unfolding of the future.

In my opinion the answer is a simple "no."

If you truly do not wish to have children, then that is very likely exactly how it is "planned" to be. Your life might be an exploration of other facets of living, instead. Perhaps your life/energies will be a path of service to others, or of innovation, or even of quiet contemplation.

All are valid life paths. Honor the path that feels right to you.

lenvdb64
23-12-2015, 03:53 PM
No I do not think so.

I got married and tried for years with my wife to have a baby.
Nothing happened.

After my divorce she remarried and had a baby. She was happy.
The Human side is part of the animal nature in us and procreation is part of the animal drive.

Souls can choose of be a vessel for other souls to enter into this realm and most souls of the same soul family do so as per agreement.

Often highly evolved souls from higher realms choose to reincarnate to come and facilitate a learning experience, without having to leave a karmic footprint. The come, meet up with another, do the learning and return without having children. Nothing wrong with that.
I have no children and feel no need to "leave a legacy" of children. Once I leave I go back to my home and carry on with my work there. This life was a brief interruption to my real work in the afterlife. So my focus is not on this life here and its complexities, but getting the work here done so I can get back to my real life and real work over there.

It depends on your focus. Most people have no awareness of the bigger picture. All they know is all they see here and this means having babies, raising kids, having a family etc etc. I suspect they have karmic debts to settle and often parents in conflict with their children suffer as they work through their karmic debt. I see it often.

Other than than I care about the souls and the development of those souls. I do not really care much for the humans and their animalistic driven needs to procreate or other ego driven issues.

I define ego as our animal side living from a place of lack, making fear based decisions. The 4 F's = Fight against it , Flight (Flee from it), Feed off it, [Edited/Swearing rule] it (Reproduce with it).

Talking about reproduction - I heard on the radio yesterday about the bus driver in Surrey UK being jailed for 5 years for indecently assaulting a teenager over 4 years. She was 12 when he started messing with her. The same guy was in the news a few years ago for being the most prolific father in the UK, having father 28 or 29 children with 9 different women.

He was always bragging about his paternal skills, which some women would fall for. They said he should have said his fathering skills as he fathered so many. LOL.
Yet he was a poor role model and father for those children in his care.
I am sure he makes up for those who feel the need to procreate but can't.
:-)

I am sure that there will be some karmic repercussions for this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12063370/Father-of-28-jailed-for-sexually-abusing-a-young-girl.html

running
23-12-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm sure an understanding of how souls choose their physical vessel would help - but if you choose not to provide that physical vessel (especially females), what happens? Are you hindering the development of humanity by taking away one less form for a soul to take?

I would bet your saving humanity. The planet is over populated imo.

Somnia
15-02-2016, 04:13 AM
I don't think there are any negative repercussions for not wanting to have children in this lifetime. I believe some people feel called to have children and others do not. Granted it could also depend on your partner and if you can see/feel having that kind of future with them. In my case, I do not see children in the future with me and my mate. i just don't see it happening. I don't feel the drive to have kids with him. I've sometimes wondered if I had hooked up with someone else would I have kids? It's quite possible, but having or not having children is not a deal-breaker to me in a relationship.

RedEmbers
15-02-2016, 04:55 AM
I have more or less decided to not have any more biological children.

I often think that the world is currently over burdened and if more children come into my life it will be children who are already here.

I like the idea of somehow asisisting and encouraging those who are already here to find there freedom reach there potential.

That might mean playing a support role for families or maybe one day I would consider becoming a foster parent... or something along those lines...

It could be that souls can re-create contacts if there are any to begin with... I don't see why children couldn't come into lives through other means as well.

muffin
15-02-2016, 04:59 AM
Good afternoon Fleur de frost

Or another way of looking at it, one less attachment.

Baile
15-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Karma isn't about repercussions, it's about life and experience choices. You meet someone, they want you as their partner, you say no and go your own way, never having the experience of living and being with them. Two streams of karma, one you choose and the other you reject.

Same applies here with your question.

Rah nam
15-02-2016, 12:18 PM

As it has been said, there are no repercussion for not having children, of cause not.
I would even say, by not having family it is easier not to get karmically entangled in this reality, if someone comes for just one life time, perhaps to be of service.

Shaunc
16-02-2016, 06:06 AM
Karma as principle really just means that every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The karmic result of not having children is the same as the pros and cons of not having children.
You'll certainly have more disposable income and far less responsibility. When you get old you could possibly end up with no one to look out for you.
I wouldn't look at it as good and bad, moral and immoral. I'd just tend to look at it as a lifestyle choice.
Choose which ever one seems best to you

HMyBodhisattva
16-02-2016, 07:01 AM
No. I don't believe there are karmic repercussions to not having children.

naturesflow
16-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Less stress, less worry if you ask me..

Baile
16-02-2016, 11:54 AM
Less stress, less worry if you ask me..I laughed out loud when I read that, so true.

"You go have that "having kids" karma experience if you want, I'll pass thanks."

Jyotir
16-02-2016, 01:57 PM
Hi FdF,

Are there karmic repercussions to not having children?

More disposable income? (assuming there are also karmic repercussions to being employed!)

Of course there are repercussions - but different for each person, according to their evolutionary necessity, their intentions and their responses to circumstance.

Having children can be an opportunity to serve other souls and therefore to grow and progress oneself - or - it can be a burden and possibility for attachment and knotty complications, stress, etc. - karma in its own right - depends on the above.

There are probably a few billion people who can - and will - provide physical vehicles for other incarnating souls. So consider that there are other forms of creativity available to aspiring human beings besides making babies. Like with every other “what if”, it’s really a question of orientation and intention.

~ J

naturesflow
16-02-2016, 10:10 PM
I laughed out loud when I read that, so true.

"You go have that "having kids" karma experience if you want, I'll pass thanks."

Hehehe

The key is my son taught me so much in relation to my own Karma by holding his own presence. He was stubborn, fearless, strong willed, sensitive, and the perfect order anyone could ask for when you need a very close reflection to break out of your old parenting patterns. So in some ways, being a parent helped me to break through my mother and father issues in myself, deeply ingrained. Add to the picture that a child if your open to them, can become like any human being of course in reflection, but the bond of mother and child makes it all the more intense and in your face to let go and allow them to be themselves, because you birth them into this world as part of your own creation.

SO in some ways all the stress and worry, over protectiveness, my own fears, I placed in the picture, he was the perfect picture in everyway to help me reflect and let go and just love him for him as he is and was back then.

Certainly a gift of unconditional loving presence, which taught me that a child is someone you cant escape, they don't go away. It's a continual presence day in day out. (some do abandon their children course) In my case I wasn't letting him go for any reason. So that was perfect in letting go to love him for no reason, letting go to love myself naturally in that reflection he continually offers me as a mother even now he is an adult.

naturesflow
16-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Everyone/everything in life can be a reflection to break through yourself if you allow it.

Giving birth to a child just makes it more *close to home* but certainly bringing any child, any adult into that space *close in you* can reflect the same presence a child offers in the shared creation we call family.

Family are only a mini circle of life and creation showing a bigger circle of life and creation. We come in alone, we die alone. It makes sense that you find yourself in life itself, not necessarily in the need to have children. Children are part of our life circle much the same as life itself is. The choices are not in that we should have them, the choice is that we as a whole nation need to protect and take care of all children, where and when we can.

Deepsoul
17-02-2016, 01:21 AM
I wouldn't trade mine for the world ,they make my life worth living ,All of my children bring me such Joy ,Hope and Love and they are my best Teachers....

Nameless
17-02-2016, 01:23 AM
I don't believe that. I believe we all know each other on The Other Side before any of us get here, and we all pick who is coming when. We are all friends and come down in "soul groups", so we choose our parents, children, etc. There is no time on The Other Side, so it made sense when we were all up there. Down here, sometimes we have to ask ourself, what was I thinking? But no, I am sure that we choose lives where we have no children, and its opposite. We get as many lives as we want to learn what we need to.

naturesflow
17-02-2016, 06:33 AM
I don't believe that. I believe we all know each other on The Other Side before any of us get here, and we all pick who is coming when. We are all friends and come down in "soul groups", so we choose our parents, children, etc. There is no time on The Other Side, so it made sense when we were all up there. Down here, sometimes we have to ask ourself, what was I thinking? But no, I am sure that we choose lives where we have no children, and its opposite. We get as many lives as we want to learn what we need to.

Your very insightful to know this. Do you have memories or just beliefs?

Where is that up there down here your speaking about?

Where is this other side?

Baile
17-02-2016, 10:40 AM
The key is my son taught me so much in relation to my own Karma by holding his own presence. SO in some ways all the stress and worry, over protectiveness, my own fears, I placed in the picture, he was the perfect picture in everyway to help me reflect and let go and just love him for him as he is and was back then.Very nice, I get it.

I See my life go drifting like a river
From change to change; I have been many things --
A green drop in the surge, a gleam of light
Upon a sword, a fir-tree on a hill,
An old slave grinding at a heavy quern,
A king sitting upon a chair of gold -- (Yeats)

And a father, and a mother, many times over in many lifetimes. This lifetime though I'm enjoying the childless peace and quiet.

Philomath777
17-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Karma is a physical thing. If you are wanting to become more spiritual I would advise to not worry about Karma at all because it will only bring you more to this mundane world and hinder enlightenment

lemex
17-02-2016, 10:14 PM

Karma isn't about humanity, but the individual. Also though difficult to understand who says the soul does not come into being. My understanding is just because you don't choose now in another life cycle you will.

kkfern
17-02-2016, 11:30 PM

there are old souls. those that do not need to come back.

not having children is like being the last one. the one last one out turns off the light. if there were loved ones left behind you choose to come back. when you are done, you leave none behind.

kk

CharonArcana
17-02-2016, 11:34 PM
I don't think there's any karmic responsibility for humans to reproduce. That thinking presupposes that the human form is intended to continue. Everyone has a role to play but I think an internal drive guides us beyond texts and social judgments. We're not all meant to be mothers or fathers. I plan on never having children and feel no guilt or shame over that. It's not part of my life plan as far as I can feel.

Clover
18-02-2016, 01:37 AM
It can be a very sensitive topic, I know a lot of people who are unable to have children, conversations like these (Karma and conceiving) can be an insensitive or offensive subject to those who are trying or simply can't. For the most part, anyone can be a biological "donor" but ultimately, being a parent is a CHOICE and one you make every single morning you wake up for the rest of your dying day.. :confused1:.... :eek: 18 looks good though.

No, there is no karmic repercussions, either you do or you don't. Imo, I would rather people who are inadequate not to, as there are millions of children who are parent-less or unaccounted for world wide. I'd be more interested inquiring on the karmic repercussions on that stance( simply irresponsible conceiving) or maybe seeking accountability as a whole that we have allowed children across the board to become abandoned and left to sexual trade and exploitation- and by the millions. It's a disturbing problem.
Point in short, if you can't take care of them, please don't have them.

Nameless
18-02-2016, 01:56 AM
Hehehe

The key is my son taught me so much in relation to my own Karma by holding his own presence. He was stubborn, fearless, strong willed, sensitive, and the perfect order anyone could ask for when you need a very close reflection to break out of your old parenting patterns. So in some ways, being a parent helped me to break through my mother and father issues in myself, deeply ingrained. Add to the picture that a child if your open to them, can become like any human being of course in reflection, but the bond of mother and child makes it all the more intense and in your face to let go and allow them to be themselves, because you birth them into this world as part of your own creation.

SO in some ways all the stress and worry, over protectiveness, my own fears, I placed in the picture, he was the perfect picture in everyway to help me reflect and let go and just love him for him as he is and was back then.

Certainly a gift of unconditional loving presence, which taught me that a child is someone you cant escape, they don't go away. It's a continual presence day in day out. (some do abandon their children course) In my case I wasn't letting him go for any reason. So that was perfect in letting go to love him for no reason, letting go to love myself naturally in that reflection he continually offers me as a mother even now he is an adult.

You're signing my song, sister! Boy have my children taught me way more than I taught them. And they are so much smarter than I am, even from little wee things. But now that we are over all the mama drama (HA) and they have taught me how to behave, I am very grateful for the lessons and sometimes I use them back on them - that's sort of interesting, not to be mean or anything, but that is rather interesting when the parent is also free from the child :hug3:

Nameless
18-02-2016, 02:23 AM
Your very insightful to know this. Do you have memories or just beliefs?

Where is that up there down here your speaking about?

Where is this other side?

OK - well - I live in a family of psychics, for one. My daughter 's wife told me this answer. My daughter, when she was a teenager, told me she was psychic and could speak to her guides, and i have been asking them questions ever since! And oh what fun that has been. Then she met and married her soul mate, who is also psychic and channels, so I ask her questions too. Then, between the two of them, they lived with us for about two years and in that time, they told us part of their journey is to help others open up psychically. Living in that energy of having the Other Side (who I call the guides, and pretty much anyone who has passed over 'lives' ) helps to learn how to channel. Fast forward a few years, and my husband and I both channel our guides, and I channel pretty much anyone who wants to speak LOL (well, I do ask for a higher guide :) ).

I find it a fascinating life.

So, Terrek, the guide, told me about the soul groups, but it is not a concept that is unheard of. Many people have channeled on the subject. But he equated it to going to college. At college, you have to pick a major. Say science is your major. So, at college, you tend to hang with people that have the same major, you take the same classes, etc. The people that are in your soul group are all working on things in a certain area.

And then of course one of the other guides mentioned later that anyone you meet then becomes a part of your soul group, so we all have a lot of people in our soul groups, and the guides have groups as well, and tend to hang with others that are working on the same issues.

Then of course we are all One, and we are all a part of all of the groups LOL. He likened it to zooming in and zooming out. When you zoom in, your soul group are the people in your life, zoom out a bit, and they are the people you go to school with or whatever, zoom out a bit farther, and...you get the picture. At the largest zoom level, we are all One.

I find that fascinating, but don't really know what to make of the - we are all One concept yet...a bit further than my mind can comprehend.

As far as choosing, they said we all choose before we get here. So, look at it like we are all in a stadium full of people (on the Other Side) and we pick people that we want to incarnate with in this life. We pick our parents, our grandparents, our children, and their children. We all know each other before we get here.

Now that I know that, it has been a very interesting ride. They recently had a child, and being the psychic beings that they are, they talked to their child before she was born long before she got here. She picked her own name, and she came to them in dreams. Pretty cool stuff. As a grandma, I just focus on playing with her (she just turned a year old) but now I know when she looks behind me and laughs at the wall, she is laughing with someone. It's a fun perspective to have, this Other Side being a daily part of your life business...

Life is a play and we are all the cast of characters. Seth also explains this in a different way in his book, Seth Speaks.

I don't know, you hang with enough of the Other Side, and you just absorb this knowledge after awhile.

Where is the other side? Just a great question. Here are a few answers I have gotten:

They are right here, sitting next to us. They are also "there" and we can visit them when they are. They can be anywhere in a heartbeat, all you have to do is think of them and they are there. Jesus told me, as soon as I think of him, he is next to me to second I think of him. They are all around us, everyday, whereever we are. They hear us when we speak to them, and if you want to, you can learn to hear them. They are just on a different vibration than we are (a dimentional thing, if you will). They exist in a different dimension, and in a different form. They are non physical, but still real. They love us, and think we are funny, but they don't laugh at us (most of the time).

Here is a short video clip of Esther Hicks channeling Abraham - now, THEY are funny! What a crew. So, click on the link and scroll down and the video link is just below.

Welcome to my life...:hug3:

http://www.abraham-hickslawofattraction.com/lawofattractionstore/product/DVD-ASH12.html

Aren't you sorry you asked LOL?:wink:

wolfgaze
18-02-2016, 02:29 AM
I don't think there's any karmic responsibility for humans to reproduce. That thinking presupposes that the human form is intended to continue. Everyone has a role to play but I think an internal drive guides us beyond texts and social judgments. We're not all meant to be mothers or fathers. I plan on never having children and feel no guilt or shame over that. It's not part of my life plan as far as I can feel.

I feel the same way as you've stated....

CharonArcana
18-02-2016, 08:53 PM
I also feel like we have spirit guides all around us. I don't think there's any pressure to conceive or carry on legacies or anything like that with spirit guides or souls waiting to be born into new bodies (I think these are two different types of entities). A mother/father role is very sensitive and vital to a child; a decision far too important to be weighed down with undue pressure.

Oceansofawareness
19-02-2016, 03:19 AM
I read a book when I was little about being born into this world. The book stated that while the physical happens between the male and the female, the being that is created actually chooses to come as well. I really liked the idea of that and the more I've thought about it over my life time I completely and utterly agree. I have three children who I have very strong bonds with in this life and from other lives as well. They are a force to be reckoned with and I love them with every part of my being and more. Yet many times as I watch the world go on and see the nastiness that it truly is and can be I'm not sure I would have bought them into this world. To comfort myself I say we chose each other , we all chose to be here together. So if you decide you don't want children it is your right to do so, karma has nothing to do with it.

Mystery
20-02-2016, 02:06 PM
there are old souls. those that do not need to come back.

not having children is like being the last one. the one last one out turns off the light. if there were loved ones left behind you choose to come back. when you are done, you leave none behind.

kk
Agree. I think it has a lot to do with soul age. I see spiritual maturity as an evolution from animal to spirit. The younger souls are closer to the animal side of life, including reproduction, and the older souls are closer to the spiritual side. The oldest souls lose interest in sex and reproduction, because they're moving into the next plane of existence. They're like people in their elderly years, tying up loose ends and reflecting back on what they've seen and learned. They don't want to create more karma and earthly ties by having kids. Their focus is elsewhere.

declan
20-02-2016, 10:00 PM
Having children or not having children is all karma either way . Its not good or bad.How is your awareness level.It is through Awareness we can negate the effect of karma. We can accept anything that we experience as just that an experience, if there is awareness.Awareness being understanding.

Tobi
20-02-2016, 10:09 PM
Some Souls come into this world, already with repeated experiences of having children (or reproducing physically) They have been there, done that for thousands of years, and now are learning and giving something else entirely.

There are quite a few signs when a Soul has parented many times before, and nurtured others. In my opinion, reproducing physically is not an obligation for every Soul.

Somnia
17-03-2016, 02:43 PM
I was talking to one of my lady friends recently, and somehow the subject of having kids came into the conversation (lol)...anyway, she was asking me if I was ever going to have kids and I told her I didn't see/feel that happening with my mate (I've already mentioned this in my other post in this thread)....then she started talking about how society tends to put pressure on people to have kids and potentially influencing their decisions...which makes me wonder why I even posted this in my other post and how deeply wrong I feel about this...

I've sometimes wondered if I had hooked up with someone else would I have kids? It's quite possible, but having or not having children is not a deal-breaker to me in a relationship.

Now that I'm becoming more aware of my higher self and I feel like I coming back to my true self, I realize now what I posted went seriously against my true nature...I feel like getting caught in the traps of "what ifs" can seriously influence (damage?) a person's true nature...For me, it really is a deal breaker if the other person wants kids...

*EDIT*

Another thing that deeply bothers me is when people say a person's life isn't complete or full unless they have kids...I completely understand this may hold true for some people who deeply want children, but I find it bothersome when people force this ideal on everyone....I believe a person can have an extremely fulfilling life without having kids....but that's just me...I've probably ranted about this elsewhere on the forum (lol...) Thanks for reading ;P

d7reborn
25-03-2016, 07:44 PM
No. There is nothing wrong with not having any children. Follow your heart and do what is right for you and spread love :)

O
25-03-2016, 07:49 PM
I laughed out loud when I read that, so true.

:laughing7:

Belle
25-03-2016, 07:59 PM
I would have made a lousy mom. The karmic repurcussions of being a rubbish mom are probably up there somewhat. But would that be karmic balance, if I had kids and was rubbish with them, would that start a new karmic reaction or would it bring balance?

Karma. We never just know.

Mr Interesting
25-03-2016, 09:23 PM
All the world is full of my children and all the world are my parents.

Shaunc
25-03-2016, 11:04 PM
There's karmic repercussions to everything we do. The question shouldn't be whether there are karmic repercussions to having children or not. The question should be what are the karmic repercussions and can you willingly accept them.
The answer is different for everyone. I don't believe there are any 100% right or wrong answers.

ajay00
26-03-2016, 07:08 AM

The problem with the world to a large extent now is overpopulation with over 8 billion human beings, and many plant, animal and bird species getting extinct with human beings encroaching over forest areas and natural habitats. Pollution and global warming and other human-made issues is also doing great damage to the planet.

In such a context, if you lead a spiritual life, and work for the environment and the issues facing the planet, you will be creating very good karma for yourself. No karmic repurcussions will come about for not procreating at this point of time, with the world being greatly overpopulated with its resultant problems.