PDA

View Full Version : I do not agree

Free1
23-12-2015, 05:28 AM
I do not agree with that view - I feel the view in question, whatever view, is a silly view. Maybe it is not the view in itself being silly.

The reason you feel uncomfortable is because you hold on to that view. Holding on to it you need to defend it. I can see when you are defending it. I can see when you are uncomfortable. Do you see it?

Do you agree? Do you disagree? Why?

Shivani Devi
23-12-2015, 05:35 AM
Each of us has our own set ideas, notions and beliefs and it's okay not to agree...I hear the world would be a pretty boring place if we all did.

I gave up defending my beliefs, because when ever I ran into somebody else who does/did, it was like a stalemate and only led to arguments and resentment, so 'agree to disagree' becomes the maxim.

I agree/disagree with people, but it doesn't mean much to me...if anything.

Visitor
27-12-2015, 10:44 AM
I do not agree with that view - I feel the view in question, whatever view, is a silly view. Maybe it is not the view in itself being silly.

The reason you feel uncomfortable is because you hold on to that view. Holding on to it you need to defend it. I can see when you are defending it. I can see when you are uncomfortable. Do you see it? ...
I can say the same about the above.

naturesflow
27-12-2015, 10:52 AM

The reason you feel uncomfortable is because you hold on to that view. Holding on to it you need to defend it. I can see when you are defending it. I can see when you are uncomfortable. Do you see it?

What are you talking about?
I am reading this and confused.

Do you mean You don't agree with the view of people not agreeing?
But aren't you doing this yourself?

Lorelyen
27-12-2015, 12:05 PM

That is your prerogative, sir. There's a third category of response. "Do you care?"

Someone confident in their view probably doesn't.

Mr Interesting
27-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Even the idea of having a view might depend entirely on the landscape one has defined as useful and one may have this consciously or not. Then the question becomes is the view I see useful or not and this then plays back into one own landscape of ideas, beliefs and concepts again whether conscious or not.

But then right out I used 'defined as useful' when in reality most of us fall into a landscape and it becomes our way of being long before we might question whether it even serves as a anything even near what might be useful.

I suppose what actually comes to mind, if ones own landscape is reasonably efficient, in whatever terms such efficiency is seen and acknowledged, then ones view isn't one of either disagreeing or agreeing but one of looking for useful aspects that can make ones own landscape that much more efficient and so giving one more time to view and look for beneficial possibilities.

And the ideas of having a reliably efficient landscape also somewhat starts to morph into realising that adjacent landscapes might come into ones territory of responsibility and it may then become less about the agreeing or disagreeing, as in mono cultures, and more about a weed type of propagation whereby something finds it's way into relative landscapes not by having to impose itself upon what already exists but by going in a filling the un-regarded cracks and crevices... thyme then is a healer.