PDA

View Full Version : Listening to your feelings

A human Being
23-12-2015, 12:22 AM
I was watching an Adyashanti video a few months ago and in it he posed the question: If your feelings could speak, what would they say?

He said that initially they might not appear to be saying anything, but after a while they'll start to speak, and, whilst I was initially sceptical, I'm now finding out that this is true, and I find it a very useful exercise; largely, I think, because it simply helps me to become conscious of what I'm feeling. I feel like if I can stay sensitive to my emotions in this way, I can get right to the root of my core wounds.

Just wanted to share, I think it could be a useful exercise for others, too :smile:

naturesflow
23-12-2015, 04:06 AM
I am curious how you been doing it previously?

A human Being
23-12-2015, 11:33 AM
I am curious how you been doing it previously?
Well, for a long time I'd been trying to observe my feelings, trying to stay detached from them. So actually, in that way I was keeping them at arm's length, attempting to tolerate them rather than really accept them.

I've found with this method of inquiry that acceptance and compassion for self arise much more easily. It might not work for everyone, of course, but I found it effective :smile:

naturesflow
23-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Well, for a long time I'd been trying to observe my feelings, trying to stay detached from them. So actually, in that way I was keeping them at arm's length, attempting to tolerate them rather than really accept them.

I've found with this method of inquiry that acceptance and compassion for self arise much more easily. It might not work for everyone, of course, but I found it effective :smile:

Interesting. I have never considered being detached from feelings, always wondered why people would do that, considering they are there to open and clear out stuff within that no longer serves us..Even as we might eventually in time be clear within the process is important in my view.

MIND POWER
23-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Emotions or feelings..? I once fell off my blue bicycle as a kid, i felt a ickle bit off pain but my emotions where of frustration.

Pain = feeling Emotion = Frustration, i was abit angry.

Emotions and feelings are two different things but! i will presume that you are talking about emotions (This is how i am perceiving things, other people may think differently)...

If all mobile phones where banned, and also the spoken word was banned haha! This would effectively train this ability in my opinion. The spoken word is meant to be the most primitive forms of communication. In some ancient cultures their languages where actually describing the sounds of energy and nature, that's why they sound so very different to the more modern languages like English! but even still they where still speaking words.

Me personally i only speak English, and i know afew words in French to sound romantic.........

But yeh! I think any time you are put in a situation where you can't talk, you are training these abilities. I don't even think you would have to see a person visually to pick up on things.

And in listening to your own emotions! emotions is how the intuition communicates in my opinion.

(It is the emotions we feel, when attached to a feeling! which indicates to use whether this is a good thing or bad thing! that's why a world without emotionally coherent individuals no matter how much intellect they have is..? a world in complete chaos!)....

Astro
23-12-2015, 03:38 PM
I've always been sensitive so I've always been able to feel my emotions strongly, although that doesn't mean that I've been able to make sense of them either. I tend to feel them & then interpret them into my own language, maybe that's the same thing as listening to them speak?

youngers1810
23-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Your inner feelings can guide you but cannot effect free will ones choice.
The feelings come deep within not an outside source.

I have had several feelings about things and they have come true
I do believe we should listen to our inner feelings they can help us make desicions in life

Listen to your inner feelings of a situation write them down in a journal and when that situation arises you will know that inner feelings was right it's quite amazing how it works.

ocean breeze
24-12-2015, 12:58 AM
Listening to your feelings, yes. Acting upon them, no not always.

Greenslade
24-12-2015, 09:10 AM
I feel like if I can stay sensitive to my emotions in this way, I can get right to the root of my core wounds.Emotions are energy in motion, the waves of energetic communications. While it's 'not acceptable' to feel emotions like hate the emotion itself isn't the problem - the problem is what we do with it. If we feel hate then that's scope for self-awareness at least and the energy is there to change for the better what we feel hate for. Emotions are part of your wholeness and like everything else they can talk to you, make you aware of things as well as give you a little bit of power to change what you don't like in yourself. They can help you turn those core wounds right around on themselves where the wounds become strength or 'tools'.