PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions of reality

I AM
19-12-2015, 06:45 PM
How many dimensions are you aware of existing in at this point in time?

What would you call them, and (in short) how would you describe them?

I personaly can think of five.

Mr Interesting
19-12-2015, 08:47 PM
In physics and mathematics, the dimension of a mathematical space (or object) is informally defined as the minimum number of coordinates needed to specify any point within it.

Seems this is quite the tricky question as even before we define a dimension that we have to define a point within it.

Then it becomes even trickier because I might define an infinitude of points which infinitely touch each other and that they're all one big point which isn't really a point.

So much. much earlier than even getting to a point never mind having to coordinate it somehow it's already proven quite impossible to give any possible idea of what a dimension even is.

Therefore I've become completely lost even being able to define where I am... except, funnily enough, I've always been here... wherever here is.

naturesflow
19-12-2015, 08:56 PM
How many dimensions are you aware of existing in at this point in time?

What would you call them, and (in short) how would you describe them?

I personaly can think of five.

1. Infinite.

2. Creation

3. That which exists in perception of something separate, creating separate realities, which both exist and do not exist, depending on where your focused.

Miss Hepburn
19-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Just 2....here in the physical and then the unseen/ spiritual...
that which is more 'sensed'...Walt Disney's world....hahahaha! :wink:

Rah nam
19-12-2015, 11:21 PM
The term dimensions is a little bit like the terms: god, soul and so on.
There is no clear definition or base from which one could start a discussion from.

Miss Hepburn
20-12-2015, 01:50 AM
The term dimensions is a little bit like the terms: god, soul and so on.
There is no clear definition or base from which one could
start a discussion from. Well, what we see and taste and walk on is a dimension, right? (Depth, height, length...
that which is measurable...even with aids like electron microscopes?)
Then, the 'things' that are not part of this world would be another...
that's 2....that I know of.

I'm kinda simple....those are what I deal with...beyond that I
only read about.

naturesflow
20-12-2015, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=Miss Hepburn]Well, what we see and taste and walk on is a dimension, right? (Depth, height, length...
that which is measurable...even with aids like electron microscopes?)
Then, the 'things' that are not part of this world would be another...
that's 2....that I know of.

How do you determine that what is not known as one dimension?
I find that intriguing all the same.

Miss Hepburn
20-12-2015, 02:26 PM
How do you determine that what is not known as one dimension?
I find that intriguing all the same. If something is 'not known'...it is not known.
I didn't comment on anything that is not known...except to say I read about those things that I don't deal with.

I don't know what I don't experience...I read about those things, tho.

Mr Interesting
20-12-2015, 08:08 PM
What interests me far more than my own definition of what my reality might be is how it interacts with other peoples definitions, or more obviously non defined definitions, of what reality might be.

So one person asks me how long do you think this stick is I ask them why did you pick up the stick.

And excuse me for this but it is that it is a somewhat unidentified possibility within what I think is my reality.

My nephew comes up to me and asks me to help him make something and me in my belligerence asks him why would he want to make it at all. He answers me and at the same time lets me know that he knows he is being led into a trap which, of course, I'm not setting at all but that's what he seems to see. So what seems to be his reasoning for wanting to make this thing is a need to impress particular people and in doing so being approved of and in doing so he seems to be setting his own trap.

But the story deepens as I realise my nephew is actually quite clever and charismatic, which is quite a good thing, but it is a set of tools, which unless serving a wider purpose, only digs a hole deeper that doesn't even really need to be dug. Or maybe it does... as always I am unsure.

Anyway, it seems there are dimensions to my own reality that others want to be dimensions of their own reality but at the same time they want those dimensions to fit their own reality in a way where the dimensions they already understand and approve of somehow suddenly become newer and more vibrant dimensions... but without the sense of reality that seems to underpin those dimensions... which kind of makes me curious as to what comes first, the dimension or the reality?

naturesflow
20-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Miss Hepburn]If something is 'not known'...it is not known.
I didn't comment on anything that is not known...except to say I read about those things that I don't deal with.

I see.
You did say the things "not part of this world" would make two dimensions inclusive of this one, so I did interpret that to mean the unknown...My interpretation may have been assuming that meant the unknown, my apologies. So perhaps I can rephrase myself.

Things that are not part of this world how do you define that as one dimension?

In some regards I do see it all as one source, so even as I said infinite dimensions, it probably relates to infinite creations creating them through this life as one source. So in some I see dimensions as everything that exists as itself creating itself into being, and building these dimensions into being one with that creation. So one might ask, where am I creating from that creates the view of all this?

I don't know what I don't experience...I read about those things, tho.

Yes in the not knowing of what you don't experience, wouldn't it be more valid for you that this cant be organised into any "number" in this view? And in this way it would just be open?

naturesflow
20-12-2015, 08:44 PM
What interests me far more than my own definition of what my reality might be is how it interacts with other peoples definitions, or more obviously non defined definitions, of what reality might be.

So one person asks me how long do you think this stick is I ask them why did you pick up the stick.

And excuse me for this but it is that it is a somewhat unidentified possibility within what I think is my reality.

My nephew comes up to me and asks me to help him make something and me in my belligerence asks him why would he want to make it at all. He answers me and at the same time lets me know that he knows he is being led into a trap which, of course, I'm not setting at all but that's what he seems to see. So what seems to be his reasoning for wanting to make this thing is a need to impress particular people and in doing so being approved of and in doing so he seems to be setting his own trap.

But the story deepens as I realise my nephew is actually quite clever and charismatic, which is quite a good thing, but it is a set of tools, which unless serving a wider purpose, only digs a hole deeper that doesn't even really need to be dug. Or maybe it does... as always I am unsure.

Anyway, it seems there are dimensions to my own reality that others want to be dimensions of their own reality but at the same time they want those dimensions to fit their own reality in a way where the dimensions they already understand and approve of somehow suddenly become newer and more vibrant dimensions... but without the sense of reality that seems to underpin those dimensions... which kind of makes me curious as to what comes first, the dimension or the reality?

I quite like the multiverse theory...seems more fitting to my universe in me.

Especially when external patterning is in me creating it all into being, that fits my creation, regardless of what is outside of myself.